The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 28-11-2007, 01:04   #41
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Even if Gourcuff was the only midfielder called up for the game, he would still not play. I want to see the guy named fatso play as much as possible in this game and hopefully open his scoring account this season tomorrow.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 02:00   #42
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9
Even if Gourcuff was the only midfielder called up for the game, he would still not play. I want to see the guy named fatso play as much as possible in this game and hopefully open his scoring account this season tomorrow.
See? The nickname is catching on. We call him Fatty/Fatso/Rotundo but we still want him to do well because he is a Milanista now. Besides, we can't exactly rely on our other forwards (except Pippo).

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 02:44   #43
smartyin
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Raul, Casillas, Santa Cruz, Gourcuff, Pato
Default goal.com

POSSIBLE STARTING XIs

Benfica (4-4-2): Quim; Pereira, Luisao, Katsouranis, Leo; Nuno Assis, Petit, Rui Costa, Rodriguez; Cardozo, Nuno Gomes

Milan (4-3-2-1): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kak, Seedorf; Gilardino
smartyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 06:56   #44
bobanito
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartyin
POSSIBLE STARTING XIs

Benfica (4-4-2): Quim; Pereira, Luisao, Katsouranis, Leo; Nuno Assis, Petit, Rui Costa, Rodriguez; Cardozo, Nuno Gomes

Milan (4-3-2-1): Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kak, Seedorf; Gilardino
I would be sad if Ancelotti keeps benching Bonera, that guy has been performing great, it's time he becomes a first team regular!
bobanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 07:35   #45
shaj
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
See? The nickname is catching on. We call him Fatty/Fatso/Rotundo but we still want him to do well because he is a Milanista now. Besides, we can't exactly rely on our other forwards (except Pippo).
I'd like to see you disrespect the other 'Milanistas' with pathetic names like that...especially the Italian ones...
shaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 10:39   #46
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

pics from training in Lisbon

nice catch by dida

ronaldo looks good.. i bet he will score tonight

gourcuff-seedorf-kaka

i see bonera there.. hope he will play.. couldn't forget for what he did against Cagliari

kaka-brocchi

ronaldo and nesta..

so Forza Milan... 1-3 (i changed it from 0-2 to 1-3)

pirlo
ronnie
gilardino

one from Besiktas is Rui

Last edited by Andromeda; 28-11-2007 at 10:48.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 11:17   #47
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

1-1
(rui costa, kaka)

all is well

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 11:45   #48
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

leaving bonera on the bench while playing favalli would be a poor decision..
bonera has produced some nice performances since he came here..(except for the first part of the last season)..
anyway i hope to see him play from the start because serginho probably won`t play (from the start)..
and i hope to see gourcuff getting at least a half..no matter how he plays,he has to get some time..
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 12:19   #49
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobanito
I would be sad if Ancelotti keeps benching Bonera, that guy has been performing great, it's time he becomes a first team regular!
It's difficult because Kaladze is playing fairly consitent and he can be as good as Nesta when he gets into the first team for a good spell. But Bonera's about 3 year younger and isn't as prone to mistakes as Kaladze. Kaladze should go on the left IMO and Bonera in the centre. If Gourcuff's on the left we don't need a fully attacking left back.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 14:30   #50
bobanito
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16
It's difficult because Kaladze is playing fairly consitent and he can be as good as Nesta when he gets into the first team for a good spell. But Bonera's about 3 year younger and isn't as prone to mistakes as Kaladze. Kaladze should go on the left IMO and Bonera in the centre. If Gourcuff's on the left we don't need a fully attacking left back.
Yeah I'd love to see that, in fact, I'd love to see us fielding a 'defensive' defense, and forget about wingers on a line of 4...
kaladze-maldini-nesta-bonera

That would give a bit more freedom to mid fielders, and maybe you could give some rest to gattusso who by the way, needs it. Then I'd try a single defensive midfielder, pirlo, and gourcuff, seedorf and kaka; ronaldo and gila upfront.

Right now, having Janku injured and Oddo coming out from one, Gattusso a bit far from his best shape and Ambro injured, I think its the time to try that.
bobanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 14:45   #51
ReMad
National Team Player

Default Benfica vs AC Milan (goals and chances LIVE)

X

UEFA Champions League-Group D
Benfica vs AC Milan
Wednesday November 28, 20:45 (CET)
Estdio da Luz, Lisbon

Holders AC Milan need just a point at Benfica on Wednesday to wrap up qualification for the Champions League last 16 with a game to spare.

The Serie A side would have 10 points with a draw and could not be caught by Celtic or Shakhtar Donetsk even if the pair draw in Wednesday's other Group D game in Glasgow.
A draw in both matches and final day wins for Celtic at Milan and Shakhtar at home to Benfica would leave all three teams on 10 points.

Places would then be determined by a mini-league between the three, taking away results against Benfica. Celtic would top the mini-league on seven points, Milan would go through second with six points and Shakhtar would be eliminated with four.

A defeat or draw would eliminate bottom side Benfica, who have three points, while a win would give them a chance.

Former Real Madrid striker Ronaldo, cup-tied for Milan's Champions League triumph last term, could be in line for his first European appearance for the Rossoneri after making his comeback from six months out in Sunday's 2-1 win over Cagliari.

The Brazilian, who had struggled to shrug off a leg injury, hit the post and won a penalty in a decent display in Sardinia as Milan improved on their patchy domestic form.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti may decide two starts in a week for Ronaldo is too much with Alberto Gilardino in good form up front. Left back Marek Jankulovski is still out after knee surgery, Emerson and Filippo Inzaghi are also missing while Massimo Ambrosini is suspended.

Benfica came from behind to beat Academica 3-1 away on Saturday with two goals in the last four minutes sealing their fifth successive win in the Portuguese Premier League.
The Lisbon side, who boast former Milan playmaker Rui Costa, are second on 25 points from 11 matches with no defeats.

Midfielder Nuno Assis suffered a leg injury during the match and is likely to be replaced by Uruguay's Cristian Rodriguez. Armando Petit, who returned on Saturday after two months out, should replace Augustin Binya, who was suspended for six European matches by UEFA for a tackle on Celtic's Scott Brown in their last Champions League match on Nov. 6.

POSSIBLE STARTING XIs

Check This Thread Frequently During the Match for Goals and Clips LIVE

Last edited by ReMad; 28-11-2007 at 18:08.
ReMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 15:24   #52
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Gourcuff to start? Wild must be speakin' alot to Ancelotti...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 15:51   #53
jpick
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz

i hope if this is true, gourcuff plays well. this might be his last shot to impress before a loan spell.
jpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 16:42   #54
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16
i agree... i think it would be better to have bonera in the center and kaladze on the left instead of favalli... granted kala doesnt have much attack to offer but neither does favalli who in my opinion is almost completetly useless..
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 16:45   #55
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobanito
Yeah I'd love to see that, in fact, I'd love to see us fielding a 'defensive' defense, and forget about wingers on a line of 4...
kaladze-maldini-nesta-bonera

That would give a bit more freedom to mid fielders, and maybe you could give some rest to gattusso who by the way, needs it. Then I'd try a single defensive midfielder, pirlo, and gourcuff, seedorf and kaka; ronaldo and gila upfront.

Right now, having Janku injured and Oddo coming out from one, Gattusso a bit far from his best shape and Ambro injured, I think its the time to try that.
interesting thought but i've never really liked bonera playing on the right... he just seems more comfortable in the center even though when we bought him im pretty sure that he was supposed to be a right back...
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 17:28   #56
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
I lost hope on him getting his chance + I think he is already a lost case thx 2 A.
Anyway , I wont believe that Gou will start till I c it.
A blow job given by Ambro @ 1 am will surely give Ambro the edge over Gou.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 17:41   #57
jpick
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
jpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 18:06   #58
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

We can't trust Goo in big games like this. Bu tI think Seedorf is still hurt so Goo might play alongside Kaka' with Ambro playing in Central Midfield.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 18:29   #59
TheGrinch
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
I lost hope on him getting his chance + I think he is already a lost case thx 2 A.
Anyway , I wont believe that Gou will start till I c it.
Then Ambro has to go to some UEFA officials as he is suspended for tonights game...
Gourcuff will start tonight (as long as Carlo won't start with 2 strikers) and hopefully he'll finally has some great moments on the pitch tonight.

My prediction:
Benfica 1:3 Milan
'17 0:1 Gilardino
'21 0:2 Gilardino
'79 0:3 Ronaldo
'82 1:3 Petit

Signature
The next champion for Galliani - coming soon in golden letters on acmilan.com!
TheGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 18:37   #60
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

I'm hoping to see Bonera and Gourcuff starting from the begining. Bonera was good against Calgiari and Gourcuff needs to have a chance to show us what he's got. I predict a draw withiout goals.

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote