• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Bale was obviously a management call. So would be the fact that they'd have to sell a high-earner like Ozil to finance Bale's wages..

This was the project that was presented to Carlo and he accepted it. There's no puppetry involved in that. Madrid is a club where the fans, management and the entire setup values goalscorers over providers. They'll always prefer the Bales and the cRons over the Ozils and, to speak of the oft-repeated example, the Makeleles.

If Ancelotti fails to get the best out of the team given to him, then we can talk about failure..

I think madrid will win the title this year or atleast the cup but i dont see them winning the cl. In fact, i dont see barca as well winning the cl in the next 2 hell maybe 3 years.

Youve got juve who are rising,bayern with pep,chelsea with mou,idk if they can come out on top. When pep was at barca,everyone was scared shittless at tiki tacka hence peps domination for the next few years,it was only up until recently that people started figuring out ways to beat it. Unless ance implements some type of domination tactic like pep did at barca,theres just too much competition to win cl in his 4 years

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Ozil under Wenger is bound to be glorious. :star:
Ozil's style will be less effective in the EPL than in other leagues
Ooooh shiiiiit you know what this calls for!

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG BET!

palinraisetheroof.gif

Fiero

Reaction score
Bale was obviously a management call. So would be the fact that they'd have to sell a high-earner like Ozil to finance Bale's wages..

He could have sold Di Maria instead, but it's becoming pretty clear that he wants to play 4-3-3 even though he had two of the best number 10's around. Isco was played further backwards in a Seedorf-esque role for the past three games even though he's a natural trequartista.

It's all being set up for a 4-3-3 with Bale and Ronaldo on each wing. 4-2-3-1 was still an option but I agree with Carletto on this one, I personally don't think he'll use a double pivot because he likes to control possession and a 3 man midfield is best for that.

This was the project that was presented to Carlo and he accepted it.

I know, hence why I'm calling him a moron. :D

There's no puppetry involved in that. Madrid is a club where the fans, management and the entire setup values goalscorers over providers. They'll always prefer the Bales and the cRons over the Ozils and, to speak of the oft-repeated example, the Makeleles.

If Ancelotti fails to get the best out of the team given to him, then we can talk about failure..

All true, but this is usually when the galactico project ends up imploding.

In a nutshell, I don't necessarily think that it's what Ancelotti wants, it's just what he has to work with if he wants to coach Madrid. And he does. But I think the negatives far outweigh the positives in this tradeoff.

Mourinho went there as a handsome treble winner, and left as a broken grey haired man. He has even become all soft and nice in most of his interviews (except when speaking about Madrid). :D Carletto went to Madrid as a calm, funny, world class coach, and already in the past three games he was biting his nails on the touchline and his fuming red head looked like it's about to implode. I've never seen him that nervous before.

I really don't think the Madrid job is worth it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
@Fiero - That depends on what the person wants, doesn't it? The Madrid job is all about prestige, the challenge of winning the elusive La Decima and finishing ahead of Barca, despite all the constraints imposed by the culture of the club. It breaks the best of coaches.

Mourinho failed at Madrid. Ancelotti wants to succeed. He can only control what he can in order to succeed. He can't control the culture of the club. But he can control how the team plays - which will decide his success over the next season.

I feel he's much more likelier to succeed at Madrid than Mourinho. He's a much more diplomatic and cleverer coach than Jose whose ego often clouds his decision-making skills.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Poor ancelotti. He will lose everything cuz he lost ozil. Eventhough he has 4 play makers in Isco, Di Maria, Modric, Jese for that one CAM position. :rolleyes:

Madrid clearly dont value play makers :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
But you'd prefer Viviano over Amelia/Coppola right? :head:

That's what I am getting at.

Not really.. All of them belong to a vast territory called 'average'.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Ozil at 10.0 - expected

Willian 8.5 - decent

Eto'o 9.0 - too expensive

Sakho 5.5 - nice

Eriksen 8.0 - nice, but not sure how high AVB rates him

Chiriches 5.5 - meh

Demichelis 6.0 - way too expensive

Arnautovic 5.5 - very interesting

~

How's Arnautovic, Bundesbosses of the forum?

Where did you get those numbers, or did you make them up?

I would put Willian signing on par with Ozil's, his stepovers will mesmerize the EPL.

---

Arnautovic is a Ibra/Balo type of player but iirc Mou nailed it when he said that Arnautovic has the 'attitude of a child'.

Amazing player when he wants to be, still only 24 and wel capable but he needs to calm down and mature up like Balo.

Our colleagues in Germany know him best though, so they compiled a rap-sheet for the man who once described Balotelli as an "angel"…
- Public dispute with former Werder director Klaus Allofs (October 2010)
- Dressing room fight with Austria striker Stefan Maierhofer during Euro qualifier (March 2011)
- Despite not being much of a party animal, managed to get suspended by Bremen for going clubbing before a match. Also suspended by country (May 2011)
- Tore knee ligament playing with dog. Out for two months (March 2012):lol:
- Insulted a policeman during a routine traffic stop in Vienna: "Shut up. I earn so much money, I could buy your life" he said. (June 2012). Apologised afterwards.
- Incurs wrath of Austria fans for glaring miss in match with rivals Germany (September 2012)
- With team-mate Eljero Elia, stopped for driving with excessive speed on the Autobahn late at night, 36 hours before kick-off against Leverkusen. Suspended by club and country (April 2013)
- Fought with team-mate Sokratis (April 2013)
- Sold to Stoke (September 2013)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ovic-stoke-own-mario-balotelli-145903278.html

Edit: Read the last bit of that article :lol:

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ozil's style will be less effective in the EPL than in other leagues. Arsenal strengthened the one area in their squad that was already strong. So no, I don't think the impact will be huge.

Edit - "Carletto is a moron"?? You just crossed a line there, Fierone..

OMG Can people stop saying this sh1t. We have one creative player in cazorla who is class and we are way to dependent on him. I swear alot of people who dont watch arsenal keep saying this sh1t. Its like they think we are the team we were 3-4 years ago when we were creating chances for fun. last season in more than half of our league games we either failed to score or managed 1 goal. Does that sound a team that has alot of creativity? people say we have too many same players. except Rosicky and Cazorla...there is no one similar and rosicky is coming to the end of his career. cazorla despite being brilliant talent has been a wide player for majority of his career. Ramsey is a worker not a play maker and Wilshere and Arteta are deep-lying playmakers rather than nr 10. We have a front 3 who are all good finisher, but cant create sh1t on their own. They have been crying out for someone to help create chances outside Cazorla

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

So when did he get a sex change? :lol:

I would put Willian signing on par with Ozil's, his stepovers will mesmerize the EPL.

---

Arnautovic is a Ibra/Balo type of player but iirc Mou nailed it when he said that Arnautovic has the 'attitude of a child'.

Amazing player when he wants to be, still only 24 and wel capable but he needs to calm down and mature up like Balo.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ovic-stoke-own-mario-balotelli-145903278.html
FPL updated this morning.

Lol I like this Argonaut. :thumbsup:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We should have got this guy instead of Matri. :head:

Or Adebayor. :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OMG Can people stop saying this sh1t. We have one creative player in cazorla who is class and we are way to dependent on him. I swear alot of people who dont watch arsenal keep saying this sh1t. Its like they think we are the team we were 3-4 years ago when we were creating chances for fun. last season in more than half of our league games we either failed to score or managed 1 goal. Does that sound a team that has alot of creativity? people say we have too many same players. except Rosicky and Cazorla...there is no one similar and rosicky is coming to the end of his career. cazorla despite being brilliant talent has been a wide player for majority of his career. Ramsey is a worker not a play maker and Wilshere and Arteta are deep-lying playmakers rather than nr 10. We have a front 3 who are all good finisher, but cant create sh1t on their own. They have been crying out for someone to help create chances outside Cazorla

I didnt say you had too much creativity.. far from it. But the other departments are simply terrible.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I didnt say you had too much creativity.. far from it. But the other departments are simply terrible.

I wouldnt say our defense or goalkeeper is terrible. But we are short upfront......nothing that cant be fixed in January. In the meantime if Giroud cant lead the line....we will move Walcott upfront. With enough creativity.....you can overcome alot.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

cant wait!and his afro too :proud:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Apparently Coentrao was in tears, sitting in his hotel room with Nani and Ronaldo when he found out he couldn't join us.

He's right

The double loss of fergie and gill so late put man utd behind 8ball when you consider other clubs directors had been working with agents and players who were gonna move since spring.

And I think they took a conservative approach cause of it

I believe SAF called Moyes round his house and told him before anyone else (even his own family, wife aside) that he was retiring and Moyes would be the next manager in like March. It was a few days before the Everton/Liverpool match.

There's no excuse. We've been shit.

Players we failed to sign:
Baines
Coentrao
Thiago
Herrera
Sneijder according to some Galatasary director
Khedira
Fabregas
De Rossi according to people in Rome

There's no excuse for that. Even the player we signed, we had to go 4M over his buyout clause, get rid of instalments that Everton owed us for Gibson (200k) and force Fellaini into handing in a transfer request which meant he lost out on a £750k loyalty bonus from Everton.

It was a shambles.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
I believe SAF called Moyes round his house and told him before anyone else (even his own family, wife aside) that he was retiring and Moyes would be the next manager in like March. It was a few days before the Everton/Liverpool match.

To be fair, Sir Alex seem pretty content with the midfield. He has had time to change it but has stuck with more or less the same midfielders for a while now.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
To be fair, Sir Alex seem pretty content with the midfield. He has had time to change it but has stuck with more or less the same midfielders for a while now.
Because he is a senile dumbass. :lol:

Rafael - Park midfield. :proud:

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still cant believe they lost Pogba. And the game they lost Pogba was against Arsenal when they fielded Park and rafael. tbh they did beat us but sitting deep with those 2. We dominated that game and somehow lost. Despite winning the game, they lost far more in that day. That was the day Pogba must have realised if even a right back back is getting games ahead of me in midfield, then there's no hope for me.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I still cant believe they lost Pogba. And the game they lost Pogba was against Arsenal when they fielded Park and rafael. tbh they did beat us but sitting deep with those 2. We dominated that game and somehow lost. Despite winning the game, they lost far more in that day. That was the day Pogba must have realised if even a right back back is getting games ahead of me in midfield, then there's no hope for me.

Nah, the game in question is when we lost 3-2 at home to Blackburn. 2-0 down (dodgy penalty :mad), got it back to 2-2, then BB scored again in injury time. The FA Cup game you're talking about was in 10/11.

Pogba became impatient in his last season (11/12). Not getting in the team, Scholes returning ect.

Plus his agent was a massive cunt. He was trying to force us into giving him crazy wages - it was more than 30k a week and the agent also wanted a massive fee himself. United refuse to pay barely anything to any agent that isn't called Pedro Mendez. Juventus apparently gave him the wages + the agent fees.

Hence why the club now refuse to do any business with Riaola. SAF always hated him, almost as much as he hates Paul Stretford (Rooney's agent).

It was a massive cock up not playing him - he should be partnering Carrick right now, but there's more to it than you think.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Nah, the game in question is when we lost 3-2 at home to Blackburn. 2-0 down (dodgy penalty :mad), got it back to 2-2, then BB scored again in injury time. The FA Cup game you're talking about was in 10/11.

Pogba became impatient in his last season (11/12). Not getting in the team, Scholes returning ect.

Plus his agent was a massive cunt. He was trying to force us into giving him crazy wages - it was more than 30k a week and the agent also wanted a massive fee himself. United refuse to pay barely anything to any agent that isn't called Pedro Mendez. Juventus apparently gave him the wages + the agent fees.

Hence why the club now refuse to do any business with Riaola. SAF always hated him, almost as much as he hates Paul Stretford (Rooney's agent).
Raiola. :proud:

Pogba is a legend in my eyes. Stood up to SAF and shat on his team. :star:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wish someone could dig up some stats to prove that every CL winner since 2007 or so has had a Raiola or a Jorge Mendez client in the team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

It was a massive cock up not playing him - he should be partnering Carrick right now, but there's more to it than you think.

according to gazzetta pogba was on 10k a week(500k a year) at juventus

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Apparently Coentrao was in tears, sitting in his hotel room with Nani and Ronaldo when he found out he couldn't join us.

Players we failed to sign:
Baines
Coentrao
Thiago
Herrera
Sneijder according to some Galatasary director
Khedira
Fabregas
De Rossi according to people in Rome

There's no excuse for that. Even the player we signed, we had to go 4M over his buyout clause, get rid of instalments that Everton owed us for Gibson (200k) and force Fellaini into handing in a transfer request which meant he lost out on a £750k loyalty bonus from Everton.

It was a shambles.

but this stuff is far ABOVE Moyes....

Directors/vp's (like Gill) are working w/ agents on deals from 6 months in advance.

Fergie/Wenger may be able to pull it as managers cause of their clout/connections across football but Moyes doens't have that.

Point being i'm sure if Gill stayed so many misses wouldn't have happened.

Woodward was clearly out of loop and to a degree conservative. Worst thing a guy in his position can do is come in overspend on a bunch of mistakes.

Maybe felliani was that (a mistake overspend) but it just be one.

-

Thiago for ex. I believe Bayernb management + pep trumped man utd, something that might have not happened with Gill and fergie's rep.

Herrerra/de rossi and a couple others seemed like their inability to really know true market value, again down to lacking someone like Gill who is very in the loop w/ all the going ons. The best thing about a connected Exec is you know EVERYTHING going on and other clubs positions, other clubs selling points etc. That takes months of re-search pre-market. Otherwise you gotta go in sheikh style just massive over-pay offers trying to woo on that, and man utd wouldn't do that.

-

My simple point is, you gotta wait to judge their ability to operate market next summer after a full season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule