Cristian Zapata Thread

Ayr

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Norberto Araujo
Interesting scenario as Zapata is Colombias 3rd choice cb and Yepes is number 1 for the country.

I would rate Milans CB's now: Mexes-Zapata-Acerbi-Bonera-Yepes

this is my personal opinion.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i am not bashing but ...

seeing what deals fiorentina made for valero + dominguez = 8,5
0,4 + 6 m seems steep for zapata.

they bought him for 9, fell to lower league, he and all of them played like shit and they get 6,4 back from him ?

i was hoping for 5 m max but ...

5 or 6,4 doesn't make much difference or better said - in the past it didn't make a lot of difference but now every cent counts ...

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan have paid €0.4m to loan Cristian Zapata for 1 year. The buy-out clause is set at €6m. His salary is €1.5m
source- milanello on twitter

5,5 mil buy out and payble in 3 years so 1.5 mil every year ,,and sky suggest that zapata has 1.3 mil wage +0.2 mil bonuses.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
At least he gives us speed in defense but is it really worth it to miss out on an EU spot ??

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
what number? is 2 taken by descigilio?

mexes--zapata seems like a pretty good pair....bonera--zapata pretty good...yepes--zapata good...he'll give us the athleticism we would miss w/o silva.

he's bigger than silva

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
what number? is 2 taken by descigilio?

mexes--zapata seems like a pretty good pair....bonera--zapata pretty good...yepes--zapata good...he'll give us the athleticism we would miss w/o silva.

he's bigger than silva

#17, #19, #24, #26, .....
I prefer #26.
Or #86, bless of the birth year. :o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Wowwwwwwwwww , am impressed by this deal.
For sure he make me feel more secure than all the CDs we were linked with & specially Astori.
The only bad side is that this mean no Dzeko :(
But hey , looking @ our team then a CD is more needed than an ST.
I hope next season we will get that frensh dude for free & then we will have some nice toys @ the back.
Whats refreshing is that G&B seems to have a project going on.
Not a luxurious one but rather smart which is even better for me.
Now lets have a couple more like Niang & a midfielder plz.
If we are building a team with a plan then I wouldnt mind to wait till they start performing.

I completely agree with you but I have so little faith in management.

I always wonder how much Galliani has his hands tied, but seriously, they are still massively mis-managing finances.

At some point I'll do a post, but based off relative finances of milan, I still think they allocates wages improperly. Like guys who are squad players really shouldn't make as much as they do :/

At least he gives us speed in defense but is it really worth it to miss out on an EU spot ??

Totally.

He's a proven quality Serie A CB.

One bad season, in a team who had a horrible season shouldn't discourage you.

AND for reference,
Villareal only allowed 53 goals, which ranked them 10th in La Liga. Mexes has been on two roma teams who allowed WAY more. And he was so bad he got benched multiple times.

I'm not saying Zapata is better than Mexes (though I do believe he was 2009-11ish). but lets be clear. Villareal lost their playmaker (transfer) and best player/forward (Rossi). They were disjointed. They couldn't score (only racing santander scored less..). Villareal scored 39 goals in the whole season.

The times i saw them, they were trying to push bodies forward to compensate for inability to finish, and that left them exposed.

It's just weird they went from 4th to 18th. It actually reminds me a lot of sampdoria theprevious year who w/o cassano and pazzini couldn't score period.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
very very good transfer. Serie A experience and we know what to expect while the other choices could end up being new Taiwo etc. So far so good Arcebri, Zapata, Mexes, Bonera, Yepes - solid enough considering the lost of Nesta and Silva.

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I say try Zapata as LB - he has done it in his career! Then play Mexes and Acerbi central

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this guy is like 6'2"....fast as shit...built like a tank.

2012 jaap stam

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
try do with Zapata what Juventus have done with Chiellini, try him as LB every now again

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
This is clearly the best choice, maybe Acerbi is replaced by someone for the first few games. Zapata is instantly our best CB.

Mexes should start. He is our only central defender that can do something with the ball on his foot. Also he is simply the better and more experienced defender than Acerbi is.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mexes--zapata...seems good. is zapata healthy right now? is mexes healthy right now?

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Wow, I ignore rumours for a few days and we actually sign someone? I shall go away and come back more often. :eek: Milan can be awesome and awful by turns but never dull.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Wow, I ignore rumours for a few days and we actually sign someone? I shall go away and come back more often. :eek: Milan can be awesome and awful by turns but never dull.

yes please go away.

come back sept 1 and see messi signed

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
i dont have any idea who this guy is, but i hope he turns out to be a great cb/LB. :)

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
i dont have any idea who this guy is, but i hope he turns out to be a great cb/LB. :)

If you haven't followed Serie A 2-3 years ago- he was among the best CB and played for Udinese :)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okay, so we don't like any of our left-backs. Abate is going to start anyway.

Mexes is a quality defender and at least can do something with the ball on his foot, and Zapata should be a good defender for us as well.

I really like Yepes, he is preforming usually really well, better than any of our left-backs anyway.

Zapata - Yepes - Mexes - Abate as starting defense?

Antonini - Acerbi - Bonera - De Sciglio as the so called 2nd defense?

Some want Acerbi rather than Yepes, but he needs to prove himself further. As far as I know Bonera is better than him as well.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okay, so we don't like any of our left-backs. Abate is going to start anyway.

Mexes is a quality defender and at least can do something with the ball on his foot, and Zapata should be a good defender for us as well.

I really like Yepes, he is preforming usually really well, better than any of our left-backs anyway.

Zapata - Yepes - Mexes - Abate as starting defense?

Antonini - Acerbi - Bonera - De Sciglio as the so called 2nd defense?

Some want Acerbi rather than Yepes, but he needs to prove himself further. As far as I know Bonera is better than him as well.

i thought i hear everything but this is just to much--zapata had never played lb never he is huge and right footed also did you watched last night acerbi was great and yepes was disaster ,bonera is nesta for him.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i thought i hear everything but this is just to much--zapata had never played lb never he is huge and right footed also did you watched last night acerbi was great and yepes was disaster ,bonera is nesta for him.

I know he has played central and right, but people keep mentioning left? I didn't know myself.

So he can't play left-back? Anyone knows?

And so far Acerbi hasn't impressed me that much. If anything, Bonera has. We even have had Bonera as our left-back, so Zapata may too.

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
Actually Zapata played RB alot for Villareal last season but was pretty bad, i do rate him however & you can't really go wrong with a loan i guess, i think he'll be a hit.

Schedule