The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2016, 08:10   #11081
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpu View Post
Takeshi Kitano (Battle Royale) will be Aramaki.

Bet they're going to cast black dude as Batou

Sounds promising

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCookies View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's a Hollywood production dude, you either take it or leave it
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 15:34   #11082
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default



Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 19:18   #11083
Jammin
prostituted by the mods
 
Jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

HxH

 
Lot of text, picking up right where he left off, love it. Need to read it again, but nice to see some familiar faces back.

I can see 2-3 of them dying, Banshou, Kurapika's master and maybe Hanzo.

OP:

 
Carrot 4 Nakama pls

Lot of possibilities for that apparent defeat, I'm guessing they retreated beforehand and BB just destroyed an empty base
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 21:28   #11084
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpu View Post


aeon flux theron was also good
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 22:22   #11085
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

watching order of ghost in a shell









- Prequel Timeline
1) Arise: 1 hour movies that are prequels to the original Ghost in the Shell movie, but in a slightly altered timeline.
2) Alternative Architecture is a series version of the Arise movies. Nearly identical to the Arise movies, but with some additional content, especially the last episodes.
3) Ghost in the Shell 2015 (completes the plot for this timeline)

- Original Movie Timeline
1) Ghost in the Shell
2) Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

- S.A.C Timeline
1) Stand Alone Complex
2) Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
3) Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (movie)
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 22:23   #11086
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
watching order of ghost in a shell









- Prequel Timeline
1) Arise: 1 hour movies that are prequels to the original Ghost in the Shell movie, but in a slightly altered timeline.
2) Alternative Architecture is a series version of the Arise movies. Nearly identical to the Arise movies, but with some additional content, especially the last episodes.
3) Ghost in the Shell 2015 (completes the plot for this timeline)

- Original Movie Timeline
1) Ghost in the Shell
2) Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

- S.A.C Timeline
1) Stand Alone Complex
2) Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
3) Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (movie)
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 22:52   #11087
LemonCookies
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Out for a walk.
Default

If the live action movie doesn't encapsulate cyberpunk and the slow-burning, gritty feel of the multiple anime series and movies, then the movie will probably fail. It has good direction behind it, but I'm not holding out with much hope, as I highly doubt they'll be able to make it as good as what has come before it.
LemonCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 23:28   #11088
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

OP

 

I cant wait until the reverie takes place

this is the 2nd time oda shows carrot's feat of strength, first time he makes zoro struggle and now she brings luffy down quite easily (granted he's off guard)

I'd say she's the favorite to join the crew, I wonder where she'll place in terms of strength once we see what she can do because so far she looks legit AF.

Oda better show us what happened between blackbeard pirates and revos

Last edited by Sage; 14-04-2016 at 23:31.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 00:20   #11089
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
OP

 

I cant wait until the reverie takes place

this is the 2nd time oda shows carrot's feat of strength, first time he makes zoro struggle and now she brings luffy down quite easily (granted he's off guard)

I'd say she's the favorite to join the crew, I wonder where she'll place in terms of strength once we see what she can do because so far she looks legit AF.

Oda better show us what happened between blackbeard pirates and revos
GTFO sage, me and Jammin were on the Carrot bandwagon first

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolovesjammin View Post
Nekomamushi or Carrot pls

Kill off Franky and Brook (but how can you kill off what is already dead yohohoho?) and bring in Neko + Jinbe
Readymade gag in place with the cat and the fish too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
Carrot 100% should be Luffy's next nakama

I forgot about Jinbe joining after dealing with Big Mom. Can you imagine Luffy having two new members after this arc?
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 00:23   #11090
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

 
I think she'll join, doesn't mean I want her to.

I'd much rather momo join the crew as luffy's apprentice

or even pekoms

Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 00:27   #11091
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

 
Look at Sagelovic over here not wanting Carrot to join because she's a woman

Get used to seeing those bunny ears ma boi
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 01:25   #11092
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default

as with most anime adaptation live action movies, it's best to go with as low expectation as possible.

i dont have much hope for the upcoming live action full metal alchemist either


Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 02:01   #11093
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

There's a reason why anime is anime and shouldn't be made into a live action movie.

There are many things that can't be expressed in live action movies.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 02:22   #11094
LemonCookies
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Out for a walk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpu View Post
as with most anime adaptation live action movies, it's best to go with as low expectation as possible.

i dont have much hope for the upcoming live action full metal alchemist either
I didn't even know about that. Why did you tell me!!
LemonCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 03:17   #11095
Jammin
prostituted by the mods
 
Jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpu View Post
as with most anime adaptation live action movies, it's best to go with as low expectation as possible.

i dont have much hope for the upcoming live action full metal alchemist either
FMA adaptation? That's going to suck asssss
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 05:12   #11096
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default

japanese movie adaptation, so it's going to be even goofier


Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 05:23   #11097
Jammin
prostituted by the mods
 
Jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Oldboy still the best

I liked the Gantz movie too
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 06:09   #11098
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

prison school live action
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 06:11   #11099
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default

Rurouni Kenshin trilogy are great.

And almost all romance manga adaptations are good too (most recent being Ore Monogatari).

I dont like Bakuman tho

---
and who could forget liar game


Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 06:14   #11100
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
prison school live action
Vice-president

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpu View Post
Rurouni Kenshin trilogy are great.

And almost all romance manga adaptations are good too (most recent being Ore Monogatari).

I dont like Bakuman tho

---
and who could forget liar game
Shojos are easy to work with though since there's no super powers or fighting scenes you have to use CGI for
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:15.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.