Ricardo Rodriguez Thread

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
His long range passing against Sampdoria was amazing. The ease with which he found Suso with cross-field passes was great.

Keep it up man

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely fantastic ball to Suso, for the game winning goal.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Glad other people noticed how good of a playmaker he can be with support in front of him, but also he never got passed on defense.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It's all due to his improved understanding of the game in Serie A. Even the way he shields the ball has improved so much. He has learned how to utilize his skills to mask his lack of pace. I'm loving this season from RicRod.. giving such an air of dependability and consistency.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is he the most improved player from last season?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
In Milan, yes definitely. In Serie A, maybe Biraghi.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
It's all due to his improved understanding of the game in Serie A. Even the way he shields the ball has improved so much. He has learned how to utilize his skills to mask his lack of pace. I'm loving this season from RicRod.. giving such an air of dependability and consistency.
Yep

The only one bar Roma in the defense I feel safe when they have the ball

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
when laxalt plays left back, we struggle to move the ball out of the back the way we do when RR is on the field, and laxalt is a fine left back

He is crucial to our build up play, he was last season too, he's just a lot more comfortable now so the errors have gone. Very very smart player with excellent ball movement

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
biraghi rofl.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again another mostly flawless performance. First as CB and then as FB. I think we're very good with him and he should absolutely be part of our future CL-participating-team.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jup. Look at the replay. I can't think of a lot of players able to stop that monster of a Mandzukic in full swing mode from heading that header.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good old Abate showed exactly what to do against a towering opponent trying to head the ball.. in the second half in the other post. RicRod didn’t have the right technique, it wasn’t an impossible situation. Hopefully he’ll learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
pretty sure he had no idea someone was behind him

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Good old Abate showed exactly what to do against a towering opponent trying to head the ball.. in the second half in the other post. RicRod didn’t have the right technique, it wasn’t an impossible situation. Hopefully he’ll learn.

The same old Abate who gave Sandro all the time in the world to deliver the cross? That goal was not entirely RR’s fault.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thing is, there's nothing that RR gives us that's above average. His offense is close to non existent, and his defense is shaky. He rarely closes down players and gets outsmarted. Definitely replaceable.

Our FB's are a big reason to the negatives this season - no outlet for offense and not a big help for the CB's. Let's see what Conti will give us.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he's so soft. that combo of 0 speed and 0 aggression is what makes him weak defensively

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thing is, there's nothing that RR gives us that's above average. His offense is close to non existent, and his defense is shaky. He rarely closes down players and gets outsmarted. Definitely replaceable.

Our FB's are a big reason to the negatives this season - no outlet for offense and not a big help for the CB's. Let's see what Conti will give us.

his defense is not shaky at all. against juve it was his mistake that led to the goal as he had no idea at all there was someone behind him and he deserves criticism for that. some blame needs to go to suso, abate and kessie for allowing the cross but its mostly rr's fault. he do have strong points and that is his ball holding ability and safely getting it out of trouble. his long balls aren't bad either. his crosses and shots looks mostly below par though which were supposed to be his strength.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He’s an improving player who has been consistent throughout this season. But that was a mistake which a veteran might not have made. That was the point about Abate. RicRod is a more valuable player than Abate of course, but some things you learn over time.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think we can get good money for him from a midtable english team. 20-25MEU?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He’s an improving player who has been consistent throughout this season. But that was a mistake which a veteran might not have made. That was the point about Abate. RicRod is a more valuable player than Abate of course, but some things you learn over time.

I can see your point but Abate really has conceeded such headers many times before too. I would even say that every defender from time to time conceedes such a header. It also happened to Romagnoli before (not in this game) and a thousand times to Bonucci who's considered a wc veteran outside this board.

Yeah in that occasion RR is partially responsible for that goal. Doesn't mean it was a capital faux-pas like Bakas back-pass against Udine. RRs defensive has been constantly on point this season and if anything his ballholding abilities against high pressure and ability to get the ball out of trouble gave our defence a big relief unlike some posters here are saying.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Should be the first one to go from this starting XI when we start becoming a real CL team.

Tactically smart but clumsy and limited player.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I can see your point but Abate really has conceeded such headers many times before too. I would even say that every defender from time to time conceedes such a header. It also happened to Romagnoli before (not in this game) and a thousand times to Bonucci who's considered a wc veteran outside this board.

Yeah in that occasion RR is partially responsible for that goal. Doesn't mean it was a capital faux-pas like Bakas back-pass against Udine. RRs defensive has been constantly on point this season and if anything his ballholding abilities against high pressure and ability to get the ball out of trouble gave our defence a big relief unlike some posters here are saying.

Just because he doesn't have many fuck ups doesn't mean his defence is on point. He rarely close down players (because he's so slow) and he doesn't have the positioning to make up for it.

And what is this ball holding/passing you're talking about? The only thing he does is taking a couple of steps out wide until he realizes he's losing the ball and passes it back to Romagnoli. You're just fanboying RR, he's painfully average and gots to go.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just because he doesn't have many fuck ups doesn't mean his defence is on point. He rarely close down players (because he's so slow) and he doesn't have the positioning to make up for it.

And what is this ball holding/passing you're talking about? The only thing he does is taking a couple of steps out wide until he realizes he's losing the ball and passes it back to Romagnoli. You're just fanboying RR, he's painfully average and gots to go.
Uhm jah. If you say so...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think we can get good money for him from a midtable english team. 20-25MEU?

Would be wrong to sell him. We should buy someone better, but keep him as backup and for EL/Coppa.

This is the type of players that we should have as bench options if we want to fight for top places.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Would be wrong to sell him. We should buy someone better, but keep him as backup and for EL/Coppa.

This is the type of players that we should have as bench options if we want to fight for top places.

this makes sense in between all this he's godlike, pls sell, he's godlike, pls sell..
:thumbsup:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah that would work too, if he's willing to stay as back up. One thing I like about him is that he can play CB in a 3 man defence.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
A good backup at a top club can get 20+ games a season across multiple competitions, good salary, decent media exposure, fans and a chance at some silverware.

Sometimes it's good to be more grounded and leave foolish/unfounded ambitions aside.

this makes sense in between all this he's godlike, pls sell, he's godlike, pls sell..
:thumbsup:

Yeah, this forum oscillates too much))

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Apparently suffered a muscular injury on International dutie. FFS!

Schedule