Coppa Italia SF: Lazio vs Milan – 26/02/2019 21:00 CET

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Lazio midfielder Lucas Leiva could play in central defence during Tuesday’s Coppa Italia semi-final first leg against Milan.

According to Radio Sei, Lucas presents ‘the only possible solution right now’ to Lazio’s defensive woes, despite Bastos ‘doing all he can’ to recover in time from a thigh injury.

The radio station explains Stefan Radu is suspended and that both Wallace and Luiz Felipe are ‘still some way’ from regaining fitness.

Consequently, the Aquile would have been training with the Brazilian in central defence, placing him in the middle of a back three with Patric and Francesco Acerbi.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
12-13 was a good season considering the squad we had and finishing in CL places. But I think this season - if we can end top 4 and win coppa - is much more of an achievement. This is a resurgence rather than the end of an era.

Correct.

2012/2013 felt like falling in slow motion from a cliff.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Piatek vs Lucas Leiva? :o

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Acerbi is a solid CB too

motherfucker is tough

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Acerbi is a solid CB too

motherfucker is tough

Beat testicular cancer twice and survived a failed stint with us - he's got my respect!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
definitely .. hes gotten better over the years too

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Correct.

2012/2013 felt like falling in slow motion from a cliff.

what are you talking? 12-13 was super exciting. we lost only once YES, ONCE after the december game with roma. we had lots of talents emerging. ses, des, niang, balo. we were one of the best defense in the league. even managed to beat barca in a convincing way(second leg brought us back to reality tho). monto was on form of his life. pazzini was quite likable too. and that mexes goal was unforgettable.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
what are you talking? 12-13 was super exciting. we lost only once YES, ONCE after the december game with roma. we had lots of talents emerging. ses, des, niang, balo. we were one of the best defense in the league. even managed to beat barca in a convincing way(second leg brought us back to reality tho). monto was on form of his life. pazzini was quite likable too. and that mexes goal was unforgettable.

We started the season by selling Ibra and Thiago Silva....

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

It was exciting yes but clearly the start of the banter era too. We had some great results for sure, but you can't tell me it wasn't clear the few years before that we weren't building a great team again by selling Ibra+TS while our legends all retired.

This year we're building on the last few transfer markets as well as some youth to build a very strong competitive team for the long run. We have a competent management in place and not late B+G who care for money.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
lucas leiva?

piatek smash!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
This doesn't sound like someone who watched Milan every week that season.

and how exactly should someone who watched milan all season sound like ?

yay great season ?

SES banged 16 first half the season then we got the rotten apple true .. but it was a dark period

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
2012-13 is so far my favourite season, and also the first season i watched more than 60% milan serie a matches.

Before the season start, I remember liking a facebook post where they announced t.silva’s contract renewal and then they sold him about 3? days after... I had a complete meltdown and joined this forum to see if milan fans had the same reaction as me.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(Football Italia)

Pepe Reina and Suso are back in Milan’s squad for their Coppa Italia semi-final first leg against Lazio on Tuesday.

Reina returns after a month out with a muscle injury, while Suso has served a yellow-card suspension.

Lucas Biglia and Ivan Strinic also prove their fitness for the second game running, but Mattia Caldara, Jack Bonaventura and Cristian Zapata all remain sidelined.

Milan squad to face Lazio: Donnarumma A, Donnarumma G, Reina; Abate, Calabria, Conti, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez; Romagnoli, Strinic, Bakayoko, Bertolacci, Biglia, Kessie, Montolivo, Paqueta; Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Cutrone, Piatek, Suso

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interesting how Berto and even Monto get in ahead of Mauri unless he is suspended or injured.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Lax, lord Borini, calabria in first 11.

Hakan of course is not mentaly ready, rr, conti to rotate.

Suso back on, I hope for some actual running!!

All in all, lets go boys! Forza milan!
Lazio - Milan 1-2
Suso, Cutrone

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and how exactly should someone who watched milan all season sound like ?

yay great season ?

SES banged 16 first half the season then we got the rotten apple true .. but it was a dark period

There were a bunch of people who whined and threatened t0 boycott and proudly admitted that they don't watch the games anymore.

He sounds like them.

12/13 was one of the most entertaining seasons ever, with incredible highs and lows.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
D0QXBVzX0AEkoti

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Why Lazio didn’t play on weekend ? They rested from wednesday?!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn’t realize Radu is suspended. Their defense is absolutely in crisis. Patric was a disaster last game also.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So this is the team Milan is gonna whip next?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There were a bunch of people who whined and threatened t0 boycott and proudly admitted that they don't watch the games anymore.

He sounds like them.

12/13 was one of the most entertaining seasons ever, with incredible highs and lows.

I would have agreed with you in December; however, the momentum of the club since signing Piatek and Paqueta in addition to purchasing Djalo, Abanda, and Michelis has really re-invigorated a lot of fans, particularly after 5+ horrible years.

12/13 showed some promise, but in the back of my mind the entire time I remembered that late-stage Galliani was running the show. That was the season we added Traore to our squad for fuck's sake. It wasn't a true team like we have right now, it was individuals carrying the squad: In the first half it was SES, the second half Balotelli. I'm also biased by the fact that I know how it all ended.

2018/2019 is like waking from a horrible nightmare. Suddenly, as if overnight we have competent individuals running the organization from the top down, we have one of the best strikers in Italy and only 24, there's a team spirit that didn't exist in 12/13 or any squad since... And Gattuso, an absolute club legend, is proving many (myself included) completely wrong.

I texted a friend that I nearly had tears in my eyes Friday in the 54th minute as the entire stadium sang for 5 whole minutes. The fans love the team, the team seems to have a great bond, and we are starting to play like Milan. For the first time IN YEARS, when Milan had a 2-0 lead I felt completely assured that the match was over, because we have one of Europe's best defenses and a midfield that dominates matches defensively.

This has been 2 months that we will hopefully one day look back on as the beginning of something great, not a mirage like 12/13.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
This is already the best Milan season I've seen in my life, it sucks to have been born in the wrong generation :(

I still give it to 2012-13, which was my first season, just because of the home win against Barcelona. Besides that I have not seen anything worth remembering.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I would like too see at beggining Cutrone. Why bcecuase Champions League is more important than Coppa.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Loco...if this is your best season you've watched, and you are a Milan fan, I salute you fratello! Full respect! Forza vecchio cuore rossonero

Lazio without radu and lulic also...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would have agreed with you in December; however, the momentum of the club since signing Piatek and Paqueta in addition to purchasing Djalo, Abanda, and Michelis has really re-invigorated a lot of fans, particularly after 5+ horrible years.

12/13 showed some promise, but in the back of my mind the entire time I remembered that late-stage Galliani was running the show. That was the season we added Traore to our squad for fuck's sake. It wasn't a true team like we have right now, it was individuals carrying the squad: In the first half it was SES, the second half Balotelli. I'm also biased by the fact that I know how it all ended.

2018/2019 is like waking from a horrible nightmare. Suddenly, as if overnight we have competent individuals running the organization from the top down, we have one of the best strikers in Italy and only 24, there's a team spirit that didn't exist in 12/13 or any squad since... And Gattuso, an absolute club legend, is proving many (myself included) completely wrong.

I texted a friend that I nearly had tears in my eyes Friday in the 54th minute as the entire stadium sang for 5 whole minutes. The fans love the team, the team seems to have a great bond, and we are starting to play like Milan. For the first time IN YEARS, when Milan had a 2-0 lead I felt completely assured that the match was over, because we have one of Europe's best defenses and a midfield that dominates matches defensively.

This has been 2 months that we will hopefully one day look back on as the beginning of something great, not a mirage like 12/13.

The project seems much more legit and ambitious this time of course.

But these can also be arguments for the 12/13 season being the most entertaining season. You can't get much more of a rollercoaster season.
People were predicting us to get relegated. We lost nearly all the experience and leadership in the team, and tried to replace it with freebies and other clubs' flops. Then we have one of our worst starts ever. The doomsday scenario became reality.
But somehow, in the end, all that happened was we went from 2nd place to 3rd place, knocked out AGAIN by Barca in the CL knockout stage, knocked out AGAIN by Juve in the Coppa.
In between that we had an unforgettable 2-0 win to Barca, a heartbreaking 4-0 loss to Barca, a first victory against Conte's Juve in Serie A and a late comeback against Siena to clinch the 3rd spot. It's like a Hollywood movie.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Personally, our last scudetto was the last time I remember being thoroughly entertained and excited watching milan week in and week out.

This season is like a breath of fresh air, and I find it difficult waiting for our next match to come. I just want to see us play more. Just like in 2011/2012 and pretty much the entire first decade of the new millennium.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Mad respect to the members who started following Milan from 2012 onwards...

there hasn't really much to celebrate all these years.

Stay strong. Once we are back to our 2004-2007 strength, we will be unstoppable. I feel it coming soon.

Schedule