Mattia De Sciglio Thread

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
instead of everyone saying idiot, ban him, crazy all this bs, why dont you post valid stuff and discuss?

what does De Sciglio have that other FB's dont? what does he bring to the table that other fullbacks can't? Let's not compare De Sciglio to Constant, but if Milan wants to return to greatness, let's compare De Sciglio to players like Evra, Jordi Alba, Marcelo. I would agree that he is more intelligent than all three, but in terms of talent....he is not better than any of those players in any part of the game. Granted - he is only 19/20 and can only grow - but as of today - he has shown nothing yet...

can't believe ppl think his crosses are good... they are ridiculously bad. you have to watch every game and focus on every cross to see how bad they are. anyways, i definitely want to keep De Sciglio in the starting lineup, but if a better LB came along I wouldn't hesitate in benching him...

Hitman, you have to let it go.I know you have a man crush on Abate. I told you that DeSciglio's 'true position is RB. As a left back he is being conditioned to cross iwth his left which most of the time are not there. Please watch his highlights against Juve at San siro.

Now you are trying to compare an upcoming talent with seasoned players. Evra? good player at United for France he was kind of awful.
Alba? good player, has the pace that DeSciglio does not have; however, he also he has the skill that I am glad DeSciglio does not have which it is a pussy-diver.
Marcelo? The best of the three in terms of offensive talent; however, defensively he is a liability.

I think you need to stop with the hatorade. I liked the kid from his first games last season. He has his great/good moments this season and not so good too. However, you can see he is growing more and more.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
De Sciglio crosses are fine. The best in our FBs and it's accurate at a decent rate.

Anyway, it's usually a very overrated layer of fullbacks game. Just one of many possible offensive moves... Thing is it's a risky move and defenses take advantage of crosses 65-75% of the time. Easy target for criticism.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Just some people who think he`s doing great this season: Maldini, Allegri, Prandelli, Tasotti...

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score
instead of everyone saying idiot, ban him, crazy all this bs, why dont you post valid stuff and discuss?

what does De Sciglio have that other FB's dont? what does he bring to the table that other fullbacks can't? Let's not compare De Sciglio to Constant, but if Milan wants to return to greatness, let's compare De Sciglio to players like Evra, Jordi Alba, Marcelo. I would agree that he is more intelligent than all three, but in terms of talent....he is not better than any of those players in any part of the game. Granted - he is only 19/20 and can only grow - but as of today - he has shown nothing yet...

can't believe ppl think his crosses are good... they are ridiculously bad. you have to watch every game and focus on every cross to see how bad they are. anyways, i definitely want to keep De Sciglio in the starting lineup, but if a better LB came along I wouldn't hesitate in benching him...

ban this idiot

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

Shitman.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
I think it's damn awesome that him, Mario, Stephan, montolivo and abate are all playing together in the nazionale. great great great.

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
most over-rated primavera player from milan ever.... he's not a bad player, but my god, everyone's calling him the new maldini this week, yet his dribble, defending, crosses are average at best.... the only thing he stands out for is his intelligence (and therefore tactical qualities)...besides that, very very average in my opinion..

i don't think his assist was deflected, but i wouldn't be surprised... credit must be given though for breaking the offside trap, and passing the player like that and creating the goal - even if it was deflected...

and i think both goals against Italy were De Sciglio's fault as well... yet they claimed he had a good game smh... even the football analysts on TV all claimed both goals were his fault on Al-Jazeera.
That part. :fp:

What about Maldini's crosses ? he was not the best at that either.

De Sciglio has a good technique for a defender. He's a good passer, decent dribbler and his first touch is great. He's not Dani Alves when it comes to crossing, but he's good at it and he can deliver with both feet. His technique of hitting the ball is very good. Mentally, De Sciglio is the best U21 defender in the world ! He got great composure, great anticipation, great positioning and he's always very determined. He's very intelligent, always knows what to do with or without the ball, thats the difference between a good and great defender. That's why he's compared to Maldini, because just like Paolo he's very well balanced phisically, tehnically and mentally. The guy has more potential than Niang and SES imo.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

idiot, ban him, crazy

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Dude, if so many people say that you're wrong and nobody saying that you're right... don't you think that you need to evaluate your position and consider that you might be wrong.

How about rather than say De Sciglio is worse than this or that, you give facts.

Saying that he's worse than Evra means nothing. You are comparing him to someone who's played many years in the top level, who has 3 Champions League finals under his belt. When Evra was 20 years old, he was playing in Ligue 2, the previous year he played only 3 games in Monza in Serie B ... and played his first game for the national team when he was 23.

If comparing them at the same age, it seems to me like Evra was worse

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Compare him to any 20yr old in the world.. he's amongst the top 5?

If he gets called up to the National team.. obviously he's doing something right.

Would love to see him at LB and Abate at RB..

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
De Sciglio is destined to be great. There is no better FB in the age group of 18-20 that i'm aware of. He's from our own youth, breath's Milan and seems to have the right attitude & personality to be a top-player.

We should be nothing but proud to have him. Hitman has to think about why his judgement is so far off. It's a serious issue.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cristante is only good to start his professional career in Serie B, and not in Milan XI

Well,there's nothing wrong for Cristante to play in Serie B..El Shaarawy,Florenzi,Insigne,Perin,Immobile, played at Serie B before and they are doing really well now in Serie A...Verrati also doing well for both club and country..;)

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That part. :fp:

What about Maldini's crosses ? he was not the best at that either.

De Sciglio has a good technique for a defender. He's a good passer, decent dribbler and his first touch is great. He's not Dani Alves when it comes to crossing, but he's good at it and he can deliver with both feet. His technique of hitting the ball is very good. Mentally, De Sciglio is the best U21 defender in the world ! He got great composure, great anticipation, great positioning and he's always very determined. He's very intelligent, always knows what to do with or without the ball, thats the difference between a good and great defender. That's why he's compared to Maldini, because just like Paolo he's very well balanced phisically, tehnically and mentally.

thats a good post, and convincing... much better than the rest... you're spot on on pretty much everything you said... I just disagree about being balanced physically and technically. It's a matter of opinion and that is mine... and for the 100th time, i am saying he is having a great season as a 20 year old, he is very impressive......i just am saying he is getting way way too many ppl saying he is destined for greatness and that reminds me of Pato, and see where he ended...

and yagami, i never was a fan of Abate just for your info... i dislike the guy but he has been performing on a consistent level since January... credit is given when it's due, but so must criticism...

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
thats a good post, and convincing... much better than the rest... you're spot on on pretty much everything you said... I just disagree about being balanced physically and technically. It's a matter of opinion and that is mine... and for the 100th time, i am saying he is having a great season as a 20 year old, he is very impressive......i just am saying he is getting way way too many ppl saying he is destined for greatness and that reminds me of Pato, and see where he ended...

and yagami, i never was a fan of Abate just for your info... i dislike the guy but he has been performing on a consistent level since January... credit is given when it's due, but so must criticism...

Like I said Hitman, you are forgetting that he is a RB playing as LB. HOwever, you were trying some points that are almost complete without sense like comparing him with Evra, Alba, Marcelo that are very seasoned players. Now if you tried to compare him with Alaba from Bayern, I could have give you some credit.
Also, the thing that you are forgetting is that one of his best assets is his mental aptitude. DeSciglio knows he is not a finished product not to mention the comparisons with Maldini by media which he already stated that helikes them but he knows that they are exagerated. The kid has a good head.

About the Abate thing, I thought it was you. There was a dud in this forum that kept posting that DeSciglio is nowhere near Abate as RB. So, I apologize for that. Now in one your posts you said that you want Milan come back to greatness and DeSciglio is too 'limited' for that, if you look at our current squad, only three players would stay according to your standard: Montolivo, DeJong and Balotelli. The rest may have to pack their bags and B&G would have to buy the best players in the world right now. Just want to throw that down there. Peace, bro.

PaoloMaldini3

Legend
Reaction score
536238_10151320665155474_1875173980_n.jpg

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Taking a 40meter lobbed pass down with your left thigh.........in full speed, nodding it on with the center of your right foot perfectly and to finish it of a perfect assist to the guy that is almost behind your back again with the left foot. What exactly is talent if not that?

People should get out of their cave more and try doing something like that themselves. Maybe then you will understand the complexity of that play.

His crossing is far beyond costner or abate. Its just inconsistent like the rest thoe nothing new for a youngster. The only thing bad might be his positioning but then again he is playing a position not that familiar to him. He will learn

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
There are obviousely 2 phases for a fullback to play on: attackind and efensive phase. For a 20 year old DEFENDER the harded part is to learn and gain experience in the movements. The EASIER part is THE ATTACKING.

Look, that is why you have milion good young forwards and no one who can play to football at the back with 18! Its normal.

Look at Milan - Inter and the first opportunity for merda when Abbiatti saved Guarin, and how wrongly Sciglio moved. How wrongly he was running on Brasil 1st goal etc etc. At times he can defend brilliantly coz he has the talent, and at times he is omving a bit wrong. He will learn the movements and will improve phisically and in agression as Maldini mentioned.

Going forward he is 5 times better already then Abate and Constant coz he is a smart player and has very good technique if not a great one!

If he only improoved a BIT, he can play our fullback for next 12 years! Great player. My bet is that he can become absolute class like Zambrotta was at his top. Raminds me of him.

Cannot talk about Maldini. Maldini is Maldini.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
There are obviousely 2 phases for a fullback to play on: attackind and efensive phase. For a 20 year old DEFENDER the harded part is to learn and gain experience in the movements. The EASIER part is THE ATTACKING.

Look, that is why you have milion good young forwards and no one who can play to football at the back with 18! Its normal.

Look at Milan - Inter and the first opportunity for merda when Abbiatti saved Guarin, and how wrongly Sciglio moved. How wrongly he was running on Brasil 1st goal etc etc. At times he can defend brilliantly coz he has the talent, and at times he is omving a bit wrong. He will learn the movements and will improve phisically and in agression as Maldini mentioned.

Going forward he is 5 times better already then Abate and Constant coz he is a smart player and has very good technique if not a great one!

If he only improoved a BIT, he can play our fullback for next 12 years! Great player. My bet is that he can become absolute class like Zambrotta was at his top. Raminds me of him.

Cannot talk about Maldini. Maldini is Maldini.

His movement was right in Brazil's 1st goal until Bonucci's clearance. It wasn't his fault

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like I said Hitman, you are forgetting that he is a RB playing as LB. HOwever, you were trying some points that are almost complete without sense like comparing him with Evra, Alba, Marcelo that are very seasoned players. Now if you tried to compare him with Alaba from Bayern, I could have give you some credit.
Also, the thing that you are forgetting is that one of his best assets is his mental aptitude. DeSciglio knows he is not a finished product not to mention the comparisons with Maldini by media which he already stated that helikes them but he knows that they are exagerated. The kid has a good head.

About the Abate thing, I thought it was you. There was a dud in this forum that kept posting that DeSciglio is nowhere near Abate as RB. So, I apologize for that. Now in one your posts you said that you want Milan come back to greatness and DeSciglio is too 'limited' for that, if you look at our current squad, only three players would stay according to your standard: Montolivo, DeJong and Balotelli. The rest may have to pack their bags and B&G would have to buy the best players in the world right now. Just want to throw that down there. Peace, bro.

in almost ever post I've written in the last couple of days in this thread, I've mentioned that his strongest asset is his intelligence and mentality, so no I did not forget that.. and yes, he definitely can and will improve - something else I also said..

something I may have not been clear about is, if I have an unlimited budget like PSGs, personally I would still have De Sciglio in my squad. I believe in him and think he can improve more...but if a player like Marcelo was available, and I had no problems paying for him, I wouldn't hesitate in signing them. Only difference I have with the rest of the people here is that everyone is saying he is the greatest, and I am saying he is good. I guess I just don't want to end up disappointed like I got with Pato - we hyped him up too much and put so much responsibility on him until he crumbled...

and even if we are slightly drifting off topic with which players i'd keep in my squad, i'm not as harsh as you think... i'd keep De Sciglio, Abbiatti, Abate, Monto, De Jong, Muntari, Balotelli, SES, Niang and Bojan.. I'd keep these same players in the squad even if I had all of Barca's starting eleven.

Last edited:

jonijoni

#saveacmilan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tsubasa amami
in almost ever post I've written in the last couple of days in this thread, I've mentioned that his strongest asset is his intelligence and mentality, so no I did not forget that.. and yes, he definitely can and will improve - something else I also said..

something I may have not been clear about is, if I have an unlimited budget like PSGs, personally I would still have De Sciglio in my squad. I believe in him and think he can improve more...but if a player like Marcelo was available, and I had no problems paying for him, I wouldn't hesitate in signing them. Only difference I have with the rest of the people here is that everyone is saying he is the greatest, and I am saying he is good. I guess I just don't want to end up disappointed like I got with Pato - we hyped him up too much and put so much responsibility on him until he crumbled...

and even if we are slightly drifting off topic with which players i'd keep in my squad, i'm not as harsh as you think... i'd keep De Sciglio, Abbiatti, Abate, Monto, De Jong, Muntari, Balotelli, SES, Niang and Bojan.. I'd keep these same players in the squad even if I had all of Barca's starting eleven.

do you love Milan, hitman?
if you do, then just buy de sciglio jersey and go sleep with it.
i'll wait for you in bed.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Please stay at Milan untill you are 40, kthx.

Schedule