Documentaries

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
If there's one documentary I would recommend for everyone. This is it.

Water – "The most common substance on earth. It is with us every moment of everyday, but do we know the secrets of this amazing element? From agriculture, to factories and hydropower, we put water to work in a million different ways, and yet water acts outside all known physical laws of nature. At a time of global climate change, understanding the mysteries of water is critical. Every living thing needs it to survive. Our ignorance of its function and capacities has lead us to abuse its quality and forget its potential.

Witness WATER challenge long-standing assumptions and reveal enlightened new discoveries about the unending potential for water. Examine cutting-edge technology that suggests our thoughts affect the structure of water."

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Australian Labor party from 2006-2013. Great stuff :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Joshua Oppenheimer(+ Herzog + Morris in their way) continue with The Look of Silence a'ka Senyap. Must see for everyone who rated Act of Killing.
MV5BOTMwMjI4MjQ3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjkwOTM2NTE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I actually feel really ... weird? I think all of it shows just how far the Stanford experiment can go in real life. By the sheer amount of people commiting and aiding these atrocious crimes ... I'm afraid I could be one of them if the situation was similar ...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
. By the sheer amount of people commiting and aiding these atrocious crimes ....

this goes from nazism to isis

majority of any population is always sheeple

it is very unpredictable what anyone would do in a stressfull situation

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sadly I missed their concert where they showed Werner Herzogs "Even Dwarfs Started Small" for warm up. Think I got laid that night but still don't feel the "doesn't matter, had sex" fully.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
just finished episode 3

this looks like going to the direction of being the motherfucker of all motherfucker.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

it's pretty awesome

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it's pretty awesome
:thumbsup: Buckley :lol:

Watched Queen of VErsailles that is sth between a documentary and reality tv. Easy to follow so for moments when you don't want to dig too deep.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Buckley :lol:

Watched Queen of VErsailles that is sth between a documentary and reality tv. Easy to follow so for moments when you don't want to dig too deep.

had this on imdb watchlist but didn't remember at all

seems very funny

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
had this on imdb watchlist but didn't remember at all

seems very funny

It's surreal. But overall quite sad. (after the movie the oldest daughter overdosed r.i.p.) There are some nice moments tho, with more honesty than people would show in front of cameras.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a real horror story ... Note: it's 'beyond imagination' horrible:

I had true detective type flashbacks for a week. And I didn't see the tape for real. Just beyond imagination :head:

darknet i thought it was about deepweb/darkweb....and it ended up being about a guy let himself get dominated through skype/facetime :lol:
this was such a dissapointment :lol:

-

this scully should get what he did to others :rocketwh:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Jasper--- Cartel Land... The ending :eek:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Today I watch document "Fed Up" for free on youtube
I find it very interesting, and sugar is very scary

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a real horror story ... Note: it's 'beyond imagination' horrible:

I had true detective type flashbacks for a week. And I didn't see the tape for real. Just beyond imagination :head:

this guy again :barf:

watch at own risk

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen some shit like that. The amputated slave prostitutes were a ruse.

ruse ? how ?

:vomit: child dolls/that first movie he described :barf:

this kept me awake for two hours last night

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ruse ? how ?

:vomit: child dolls/that first movie he described :barf:

this kept me awake for two hours last night

Meaning it was not real. At that time ...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I watched this documentary - Burden of Dreams
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083702/

It's about the chaotic production of Fritizcarraldo in Amazon jungle. They had problems with war, diseases and Kinski acting as a major douchebag all the production. At some point in the film, Herzog says a local offered himself to murder Kinski for him, and he only declined cause he needed him to finish the movie :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Somehow missed that moment :fp:

the local girls with knives wanting to fight for a guy :lol:

Herzog meanwhile is totally crazy. Admirable, but "let's try to drag a ship through the jungle for a movie" crazy.

Also watched Heart of Darkness. People have this feeling movies are more planned than architecture but these 2 show how much of it is day-to-day process/decisions.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
was just gonna tell you guys to watch this O.J documentary ^^ i've watched 1/5 parts.

really well made and interesting. didn't know he was SUCH a good amfootball player.

another thing that surprised me was how big college football was in USA. is it still the same??

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
was just gonna tell you guys to watch this O.J documentary ^^ i've watched 1/5 parts.

really well made and interesting. didn't know he was SUCH a good amfootball player.

another thing that surprised me was how big college football was in USA. is it still the same??

I think its even bigger. American football season is 16 game + playoffs so there's half a year hole in the seasons. That's why there even was a competing league USFL that took a lot of ground in 80s. But they had Trump running the show so it went into the drain.

Shit will get real in the third episode.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Done with the series. It was fantastic.

I never realized the magnitude of what happened with OJ. Basically I just knew that 2 people had died, everyone thought OJ did it and that he wasn't sentenced for it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Done with the series. It was fantastic.

I never realized the magnitude of what happened with OJ. Basically I just knew that 2 people had died, everyone thought OJ did it and that he wasn't sentenced for it.

Did you see the pictures in the 4th episode or watched the blurred version?

Back in the day black people really believed he was framed, but now it has changed dramatically. Can't find the articles with the percentages atm ...

Schedule