Maxi Lopez Thread

G

guestposter

I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks Maxi Lopez is better than Drogba...

Drogba is one of a few short term solutions - just an option and Maxi Lopez is.. well.. I just don't get this one..

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Just don't get any of them.
We lost a CL material player so or we get a proper replacement or play the players we have more.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
You don't go from the worlds best striker to nothing in two years. Drogba is still a worldclass striker, he is just having problems with injuries recently. Its incredible how fickle people are. Drogba is the complete striker, he still has better movement, workrate and linkup ability than Ibrahimovic. He is slower partly because of the injuries, but the instinct and the all round ability is there. Finest striker since Ronaldo imo, I'd take him at the age of 40 if I could.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
What's all the hate about...A half season loan would be fine with our unstable state of our forwards...

He isn't that bad...Just needs the right players around him...He isn't a bad player

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What's all the hate about...A half season loan would be fine with our unstable state of our forwards...

He isn't that bad...Just needs the right players around him...He isn't a bad player

For me it's simple

Our manager wants to play a 2 striker system. We have 6 strikers. Without Cassano we have 5. Their is NO CRSIS.

Meanwhile, Allegri want to play 4 midfielders and we only have 7 period, 3 of whom are 34, another who is potentially not good enough (Urby).

Before people start talking about strikers consider this
Robinho/IBra- fine

Pato? He makes 4 million. That is more than Cassano. That is 4th highest paid forward in serie A. Behind Ibrahimovic, Totti, Milito.

I'm sorry when you pay someone those wages you HAVE to depend on them.

One he's not nearly that good yet, we can't depend on him to be consistent if fit. Two he's never fit.

He's 22, he's been at milanello for 5 years. Give him some fucking responsibility for sell him. Cause all I'm seeing is excuses for how we can't 'trust him'

Pippo? WHY was he resigned if we don't plan to use him? Galliani just throwing money away on his own ego. Nostalgic guy has no balls.

El Shaarawy? He's shown he can play, yet Allegri won't use him? Cmon, I'm not saying start but he can play and surely will benefit us more than Maxi Lopez

The only crisis is mismanagement.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we got ourselfs a vice-ibra...

Wanda Nara his wife. Do not click if you are in a public place or at work or are very religious.

I was gonna say dont sign him hes wortheless, but if i get to see that women in the stands every game, it is definitely worth it!! :naughty:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me it's simple

Our manager wants to play a 2 striker system. We have 6 strikers. Without Cassano we have 5. Their is NO CRSIS.

Meanwhile, Allegri want to play 4 midfielders and we only have 7 period, 3 of whom are 34, another who is potentially not good enough (Urby).

Robinho/IBra- fine

Pato? He makes 4 million. That is more than Cassano. That is 4th highest paid forward in serie A. Behind Ibrahimovic, Totti, Milito.

One he's not nearly that good yet, we can't depend on him to be consistent if fit. Two he's never fit.

He's 22, he's been at milanello for 5 years. Give him some fucking responsibility for sell him. Cause all I'm seeing is excuses for how we can't 'trust him'

Pippo? WHY was he resigned if we don't plan to use him? Galliani just throwing money away on his own ego. Nostalgic guy has no balls.

El Shaarawy? He's shown he can play, yet Allegri won't use him? Cmon, I'm not saying start but he can play and surely will benefit us more than Maxi Lopez

Seriously, I do not understand the Pippo move and everyone who is calling for Pippo to play in all these games. His time is up, its GREAT that he still loves and cares for the club (not really cuz then he wouldnt bitch about his roles), but he is finished. People still expect Pippo to miraculously score a goal to save our asses. He can only do that against shitty sides, and we need those garbage time to play our youngsters. Pippo is 38, there is no more point in playing him OTHER than nostalgic reasons.

We don't need a Cassano replacement, just play El Shaarawy. He has not been given too many chances since Binho returned. Against Catania, Pippo played over him, is there a reason for that?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Seriously, I do not understand the Pippo move and everyone who is calling for Pippo to play in all these games. His time is up, its GREAT that he still loves and cares for the club (not really cuz then he wouldnt bitch about his roles), but he is finished. People still expect Pippo to miraculously score a goal to save our asses. He can only do that against shitty sides, and we need those garbage time to play our youngsters. Pippo is 38, there is no more point in playing him OTHER than nostalgic reasons.

We don't need a Cassano replacement, just play El Shaarawy. He has not been given too many chances since Binho returned. Against Catania, Pippo played over him, is there a reason for that?

Then WHY did Galliani resign him.

Make no mistake, Galliani's ego is ruining the club just as much as Berlusconi's lack of spending.

Berlusconi is atleast a hawk, and willing to cut anyone loose. He's proven that throughout his time.

--

I simply CANNOT stand poor business decisions. Everyone makes mistakes but making decisions with your heart over your head? You're as fucking CEO. Cmon. Let the fans be sad pippo's gone...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I was critical of Galliani but he has done lot of good things, I like him :thumbsup: 1 year contract for senatores and letting go of pirlo because he wanted 6 million for 3 years was :thumbsup:

pippo actually earns less than 1 million but its the love and respect which shackles us, not a bad thing tbh, but we need to cut gattuso :-)cry:) ambro pippo seedorf and bommel after this season, ibra is already a veteran, silva has been here for a while, nesta is there. so no point in overrating the godfathers in the dressing room.

Buy a quality Dm and a great attacking MF and we are set for a while.

Whatever we do we cant compete with big boys , I dont want Beane, Galliani has been doing this shit for years and its not working that bad.

Do i want us to spend judiciously oh yeah i do but the marketing galliani has been doing is :thumbsup:

Milan is always in a cycle :lol:(literally and figuratively )

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maxi Lopez tried Barca out where strikers get gifts fro goals from Xavi and Iniesta and was HORRIBLE!!! now he is in a below-average team and we want to sign him??? Worthless signing, reminds me of the time we signed Oliveira and he did shit.

Drogba for 6 months is ok for some publicity i guess but i would much rather let El Shaarawy play.

I think El Sha should play in the next few games to test him out, if he plays well dont sign a striker, if he doesnt then try to get Quagliarella at least you know he can score in Serie A, or push for Tevez he is a World Class striker, but a risk

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
For me it's simple

Robinho/IBra- fine

Hold your horses though, we haven't signed anyone yet.

I agree though, if we sign a striker then resigning Pippo was a clear mistake. Don't get your point on Pato though, pretty sure both Al and G count him as a starter. It's not like he's been consistently benched when he's fit, he's always played when he can. Sure he can be a bit inconsistent at times, but I'm sure that is mostly down to injuries. I still remember his 3-4 months under Ancelotti where he was incredible. I was absolutely certain that he'd be in the top for the Balon d'Or within a couple of years, he was already up there with the best. Unfortunately that's when injuries started to hit, and I think he still needs to learn how to deal with both physical growth and the injuries.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hold your horses though, we haven't signed anyone yet.

I agree though, if we sign a striker then resigning Pippo was a clear mistake. Don't get your point on Pato though, pretty sure both Al and G count him as a starter. It's not like he's been consistently benched when he's fit, he's always played when he can. Sure he can be a bit inconsistent at times, but I'm sure that is mostly down to injuries. I still remember his 3-4 months under Ancelotti where he was incredible. I was absolutely certain that he'd be in the top for the Balon d'Or within a couple of years, he was already up there with the best. Unfortunately that's when injuries started to hit, and I think he still needs to learn how to deal with both physical growth and the injuries.

my point is people are saying we can't trust pato cause of injury, pippo cause of age. Well then why are they here?

I mean if you don't think pato can stay healthy, shouldn't we sell him and invest in someone else?

Yeah when pato's on.... he's on. BUT I'd rather have a quality player (with maybe less upside) who we can count to be fit for 40 games than pato who will only make 20

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
my point is people are saying we can't trust pato cause of injury, pippo cause of age. Well then why are they here?

I mean if you don't think pato can stay healthy, shouldn't we sell him and invest in someone else?

Yeah when pato's on.... he's on. BUT I'd rather have a quality player (with maybe less upside) who we can count to be fit for 40 games than pato who will only make 20

Im a huge fan of Pato so I always give him the benefit of doubt, and I am afraid that if we sell Pato we will not use that money to get any goo player, just how it happened with Kaka's sale.

However if we do get Balotelli, or 2 other young players like Erikson, Gotze, M'Villa Hazard something like that then its worth it.

On another note, Sotiris Ninis AMC, 21 i think was his age is available for free in the summer we should try to sign him!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Then WHY did Galliani resign him.

Make no mistake, Galliani's ego is ruining the club just as much as Berlusconi's lack of spending.

Berlusconi is atleast a hawk, and willing to cut anyone loose. He's proven that throughout his time.

--

I simply CANNOT stand poor business decisions. Everyone makes mistakes but making decisions with your heart over your head? You're as fucking CEO. Cmon. Let the fans be sad pippo's gone...

I was agreeing with you. If it was up to me, Ambro and maybe Rino would be gone too. If they are here, there is NO way their salary should be that high, should be like half of Aquilani's.

G

guestposter

I'm not 100% sold on the ' a CEO should be 150% business' take. Milan's culture is built on a family atmosphere. I've been in a few executive meetings- hell- just last week I'm in Vegas and the CEO of my company made a decision that cost the company a few million vs having people loose jobs. You have to balance the goal of winning and maintaining core values.

do we want to be man city or.. well AC Milan? it's not all dollars and cents. The best success comes from sticking to your values. I don't think we are going to suddenly drop every player that isn't in the highest form of their career.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am also not sold on that but don't want to see Drogba here. Drogba's fan here: did you see him play this year or even half a season last year? It is not injuries, his time is simply up. Many people said I was stupid when I criisized MvB being resinged for this season. He can play another few years people said. I rather have Strasser here than him and Ambrosini if Flamini is healthy already now.

El Shaarawi isn't a striker really, Pippo is signed for god only knows why this year, Cassano is out and Pato won't last more than 10games in a row - no, we don't have 5 strikers as someone said.

Midfield with healthy Flamini, Urby playing another few games doesn't look that bad at all. Prince, Urby, Flamini, Nocerino, Aquilani, Dorf and Am
bro/MvB rotating for the Anchor spot - not bad at all.

Defense - as soon as Mexes is fully fit we are great even with Anto staying on the left full year. Taiwo is getting chances so we will rotate there anyway.

There are good strikers available though and we should really look other ways:
Berbatov, Kalou - these guys won't play under these managers much, they are too good and expensive for a deep back up. I would like to see Kalou and getting pernament transfer on cheap in summer.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For me it's simple

Robinho/IBra- fine

I do get you...But it's not the issue of HOW many forwards but how many FINISHERS. Pippo can't handle against the big sides anymore as much as I love him. Pato is continually injured and Ibra wants to play a more creative role rather than a finisher. The only sort of finisher or poacher in our department is Pippo and Pato and the rest just all want to create. Now from what I've seen on Maxi he is average. Nothing good nothing bad. Yes we need more midfielders but a half a season loan to bring us to June would not be bad. He uses his speed height and finishing yes he has a rubbish touch but he scores goals. He can fill in for us.

El Shaar is also a creator...Point of the matter is using all our forwards only 2 are true finishers.

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Call me crazy, But i would rather use El Shaarawy, Ganz, King Boateng, Oduamadi, Verdi, Berreta before Maxi Lopez. He's the type of player that when he arrives motivated, can produce the 10 goals he did when he first got to Catania. But has little work ethic to keep up that form... Just my opinion

#ForzaMilan !

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
i opened this thread so we will sign him :o

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Call me crazy, But i would rather use El Shaarawy, Ganz, King Boateng, Oduamadi, Verdi, Berreta before Maxi Lopez. He's the type of player that when he arrives motivated, can produce the 10 goals he did when he first got to Catania. But has little work ethic to keep up that form... Just my opinion

#ForzaMilan !
Well we are only gonna loan him for half of this season

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think this deal is already done, He'll be a Milan Player 100%, Add Monto and we're fine for January. :d

Then one of...
Fernando or DDR
Astori or Ogbonna
Erickson or Ganso or Hazard or Gotze.

and we're set for June. :d :d

Last edited:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, he seems to be quite desperate. I don't think he's what we need.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
Yes, he seems to be quite desperate. I don't think he's what we need.

the interview is much more longer.....

http://www.ilmilanista.it/news/rass...Lopez-Milan-prendimi-e-vinciamo-subito/12711/

You could think he's already our player speaking nearly as a milan player.

Dont know what to think about that, really.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
This transfer seems like its definitely going to happen. All the cards seem to be in place. No objection from Catania, Player willing to come, Easy on the pocket for :g: , eligible for ucl. In terms of characteristics he is nothing like cassano so i dont know how we will manage without his creative input but this is something and thats better than nothing.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
It makes sense: Pato/binho-----Ibra/Maxi

3 of the 4 can play Center Forward or Second Striker. Makes a lot of possiblities and combinations.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Again: He should go to fucking Sunderland or FC Granada, but not Milan. Galliani, go fuck yourself if you do that.

Seriously, I'd prefer Del Piero, Anelka or Drogba. Those are five times better than Maxi Lopez.
The only good thing about him is his wife.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Man... what is this. There is a reason why he is not 1st choice in Catania...
While other big clubs keep buying great players, we are acting like street bums, making a big deal of players like Maxi Lopez.

Schedule