Gabriel Vasconcellos Ferreira Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
On separate news, Scuffet is going to a Serie B team. That's a tough pill to drink, considering that a season ago, Atletico Madrid wanted to buy him and make him a starter. This year, Udinese offered both Scuffet and Brkic to Carpi and Carpi chose Brkic.

And to think that he signed a contract till 2019 with Udinese ... hope he does good in Serie B otherwise he risks burning his career.

He's still only 19... most keepers dont show much until their early 20s, a year as a starter in Serie B will be good for him. Plus Udinese has already voiced their support for him, Karnezis just played really well last year.

Classic Udinese move, loan Scuffet to get his game together, and if Karnezis has another strong season they will sell him for a nice profit and bring Scuffet back.

Our handling of Gabriel is dumb, this move screams sale next summer. He is likely to play as much at Napoli as he would have here, and we sent him away. A full season of a starter in Serie A would have been great for him and really given us real options... he could have proved he was good enough for Serie A and come back to challenge for a starting spot, or he could have been sold for a good profit.

Another dumb move by our management.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
It's not that important for a keeper to start games. Their playing time is 50% watching the game, 45% positioning and 5% saving.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It's not that important for a keeper to start games. Their playing time is 50% watching the game, 45% positioning and 5% saving.

Their sale value does not really increase from sitting on the bench.

+real games are very different from training, only then you can see how a player can handle the pressure

Regarding the move to Napoli, I believe it was his choice. Seems pretty dumb, but maybe they promised to buy him next year, who knows...

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Their sale value does not really increase from sitting on the bench.

+real games are very different from training, only then you can see how a player can handle the pressure

Regarding the move to Napoli, I believe it was his choice. Seems pretty dumb, but maybe they promised to buy him next year, who knows...

I think between learning to play and learning to handle the pressure, the first one is the major step. He was on the bench for two years, then he made a very good season in serie B, so these two years wasn't so bad for him.

Napoli will give him more playing time anyway. We already have 2 experienced keepers, and they also play Europa League.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

Agree, even if Napoli made him a promise, if he played this year at a high level, next year he would have plenty of requests anyways. Maybe Carpi didn't promise him to be a starter and he was afraid of being benched.

Napoli will give him more playing time anyway. We already have 2 experienced keepers, and they also play Europa League.

It's not certain, they have both Pepe Reina and Rafael. Pepe Reina just came on a three year deal and will be an undisputed starter, and Rafael has definitely more experience and better familiarity with the club, so unless Rafael leaves, I see a lot of benching for Gabriel.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Completely disagree. It's more important that a keeper starts than a field player.

A field player on the bench has a decent chance of being subbed on. A keeper does not.

By your argument it isnt important for any player to play... who many minutes a game does a striker have the ball on their foot? Not many. Playing in a game forces a player to do many things that make them better.

Sure you can improve components of your game off the field, but when it comes to experience and improving decision making there is no better way to improve than to play.

Gabriel only has played 46 professional games in his career. A season loan at Carpi as the starter would have given him the opportunity to almost double his professional experience and would have tested him and greatly helped to develop him as a player.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
By your argument it isnt important for any player to play... who many minutes a game does a striker have the ball on their foot? Not many. Playing in a game forces a player to do many things that make them better.

Sure you can improve components of your game off the field, but when it comes to experience and improving decision making there is no better way to improve than to play.

field player have to make decisions all the time even when they are not playing the ball with their foot. For a keeper this is very different.

I'm not saying that real game experience is not important, but i'd say that for field player is much more important.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
It's not certain, they have both Pepe Reina and Rafael. Pepe Reina just came on a three year deal and will be an undisputed starter, and Rafael has definitely more experience and better familiarity with the club, so unless Rafael leaves, I see a lot of benching for Gabriel.

I forgot about Rafael. Well, probably you're right.

Nesta13

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Ibrahimović, Gattuso, Maldini, De Jong, Inzaghi, Seedorf
Gabriel chose Napoli but i don't know why. I believe that he'll be their 2nd keeper after Reina (Rafael is pretty bidone) but Carpi was the best option. Too bad.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
“We were able to play well in a passionate stadium and in a difficult environment,” he said.

“The main thing was to conquer the three points and the qualification as early as possible.

“We'll decide with the Coach whether I should start at San Siro, I just want to work and keep my feet on the ground.

“I know who Reina is and I'm aware of his importance. But I'll try and keep myself ready.

“The formation? I don't think that's what makes the difference, rather the way the team approaches a game. Now we're able to express on the pitch what we do in training.

“Sarri? He's a great Coach, his ideas are different than what I've lived in football so far but they make for a pleasant surprise. He really is excellent.

“Against Milan the most important thing will be for us to play our own game, regardless of our negative record playing away.”

The 23-year-old was then asked why the Partenopei seem to struggle against smaller teams.

“It's not about small or big teams. Football is not mathematics, every game is its own story.

“[Young Milan goalkeeper Antonio] Donnarumma? He's a great friend and a wonderful person, I wish him the best.

“As for Milan, it's a club that I dreamt of as a child, and I have only excellent memories of that experience.”

Gabriel took the place of Rafael Cabral as Napoli's second goalkeeper, but he doesn't see it as a competition.

“It's not about someone taking anybody's place. I work giving it my all, then the decisions will be taken by the club.

“Should Napoli ask me to stay, I'll take a decision with great calm. I feel great here, but it's early to think about these things.”

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Watched him play against Legia just now in EL. Very disappointed with the 2 conceded goals.

I think even now Donnaruma could easily benched Gabriel at current form.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This boy can be a zero to a hero & back to zero within Half time of his debut.

Sell.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I would expect either Gabriel or Dona's brother to come back and be #2 to Gigi.

Otherwise, it will be Agazzi who played 0 mins for Middlesbrough !! :max:

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We are already looking for 2nd GK. I guess he's not returning or another loan stint.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he definitely isn't returning to stay. He wasted the last year of his career on the bench and he most definitely wouldn't want a second consecutive year on the bench. He won't be at either Napoli or Milan this summer (unless they sell Reina which is unlikely).

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Milan has made it clear that they are not getting another loan deal for Gabriel, so he'll either stay as second GK or he'll be sold. He has good skills but also has some bad decision-making that can be costly

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is the deal with Cagliari a loan for the rest of the season?

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yes the deal is we give Gabriel to Cagliari on loan until the end of season and in return we get storari from Cagliari until the end of season

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any chance he earns the starting job this year?

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Vms

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
Where the hell is he? there are absolutely no news about him