Lucas Paquetá Thread

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Hakan is not superior in anything he has been utmost garbage since september in 9/10 aspects.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paquetà is a potential phenomenom. He‘s instinctively doing the right things the right way since he‘s here. That cannot be teached.

Guys. I think we still haven‘t realized how unheared it is that a player as young and unexperienced as he is comes from a different continent into a whole new league with a whole new language and that tactically is arguably the toughest one in Europe and manages to immediately become the pilar of a club as ambitious and historyfull as ours.

Let alone one of the best CMs in the league.

One day we will.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know a guy who came here and did the same thing only better.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
hakan is direct player while bona is a ball to feet kind of player.
bona is not going to do well in game with open spaces. when in tight situations in midfield, he used to be good with his dribbling but now he seems to have lost that.
hakan has better vision and his passing is quick.
near the box, i will never trust bona to do the right thing.
inside the box however bona has grown a lot last three seasons.
hakan is clearly superior in defensive phase. his slide tackles are amazing.

Who is this??? Maybe we need to sign him :D

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but it's been a totally different reality too. He came here to play among legends (and then become a legend himself). Everything is easier when you have players like Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Pippo and Sheva around you. And I'm not even talking about the legends in our defence.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think I've even read somewhere someone important (Gattuso?) saying that Kaka when he 1st arrived wasn't tactically as prepared as Paqueta already is. That's quite telling.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but it's been a totally different reality too. He came here to play among legends (and then become a legend himself). Everything is easier when you have players like Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Pippo and Sheva around you. And I'm not even talking about the legends in our defence.
Dont know man. Imagine walking in the dressing room having all those legends in front of you. No pressure eh...

Kaka was an instant success benching rui costa.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think I've even read somewhere someone important (Gattuso?) saying that Kaka when he 1st arrived wasn't tactically as prepared as Paqueta already is. That's quite telling.
You dont need tactical awareness when you are a football god.

But yeah, paqueta looks great so far. Looks like the perfect mix of italian tactics and brasilian flair.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dont know man. Imagine walking in the dressing room having all those legends in front of you. No pressure eh...

Kaka was an instant success benching rui costa.

You dont need tactical awareness when you are a football god.

But yeah, paqueta looks great so far. Looks like the perfect mix of italian tactics and brasilian flair.

I wouldn't say an instant success. But it took him very little to bench a class player like Rui Costa (maybe half a year/a little bit more than that or so?). Yes, Kaka was a god amonst humans before his knee injury. Still I think that it needed other classy palyers to unlock his potential. And I think that it's always easier for a new player to ease in an well functioning team than when he enters a complete mess and has to try to fit in that mess.

And for the second part, that you don't need tactical awareness when you are a football god: I completely disagree. IMO one thing doesn't go without the other thing. Saying: You can't be a football god without the tactical awareness this game requires. Especially in this league. Kaka was often branded as an untypical Brazilian exactly because he wasn't just about juggling and tricksy and speed but tacticaly very much like your typical Italian CAM. Actually, that's what made him so much better than any other at that time ;)

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Kaka had the gift of acceleration with the ball and being lethal inside the penalty areas. Paqueta is a lot more tactical. His game will never be as flashy as Kaka's, but tactically he's invaluable already. I doubt he'll ever win a balon d'or because he's not an individual monster and these awards only go to individual monsters (or marketing stories like these days). But that doesn't matter in the least because of what he brings to the team.

There's actually a case to compare him more to someone like Hamsik than Kaka.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
We have missed a player like this for a very long time in our team

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
--wrongthread -__-

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
More protein shake.Started every game after coming from Brasil.Adopted great to Seria A.I believe next year will be beast mode Paqueta.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Who is this??? Maybe we need to sign him :D
i was just pointing difference between them
hakan is direct as in he doesn't hold ball like bona. he can keep us moving forward when he has some space to operate.
hakan passes the ball quick but often it is side pass or back pass.
hakan tackles are best thing about him for sure.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Stefano Eranio:

"(Lucas) Paquetà is a European player, he can become among the best midfielders even in the containment phase, then he goes to hurt his opponent, his personality is this and he is really surprising me."

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kaka had the gift of acceleration with the ball and being lethal inside the penalty areas. Paqueta is a lot more tactical. His game will never be as flashy as Kaka's, but tactically he's invaluable already. I doubt he'll ever win a balon d'or because he's not an individual monster and these awards only go to individual monsters (or marketing stories like these days). But that doesn't matter in the least because of what he brings to the team.

On point

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
more ples :dance:
tumblr_pncqfrkNMv1w50dq4o2_540.gif

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Needs to play in the hole or closer to the goal. We use him too much deep but we played like shit last one and rr on his sidebis horribly slow so...

Give him time, fast wl and lb and we will see

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Lucas Paquetà*has already become an idol for Milan fans.*The adaptation of the Brazilian midfielder to the team was surprisingly fast, so the editors of*MilanNews.it*talked about it with his agent*Eduardo Uram.

How was the impact of Paquetà with Milan?*

"It has been a wonderful impact, both with the new company and with the city, ever since he came in December to get to know the club and choose home.*He is really happy with what he is experiencing in the Rossoneri ".

Gattuso has always put it on the field since the first day, is there a great feeling with the coach?

"I think Gattuso is the first person responsible for this fast adaptation, he is making him grow tactically in the defensive phase, but at the same time he leaves him a little free in the offensive phase".*

Tell us how was the negotiation?

"Leonardo was the great director of the operation.*With his intuition he proved to have confidence in the player, but not only Leo I have to say, Paolo Maldini and the whole club was convinced to make this investment, so after some meetings we closed ".*

What does Milan mean for Paqueta?*He who had Kaka as an idol ...

"Kaka is really his idol, but I think he does not want to be Kaka, but to have his own path.*Paquetà will obviously try to follow Ricardo's example, both as a professional and as a person ".**

Do you think that Paquetà could play closer to the door and score more?

I think his main merit is the ability to easily adapt to any position, and obviously playing later would fit the tactical choice of Mr. Gattuso.*But as always, it is the coach who knows better than anyone else where to field him, both for his good and for that of Milan.*Things are going right and we are happy with this ".

by Antonio Vitiello

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

One of the things about Kaka's game i noticed was that while he was unstoppable while running with the ball and and incredible passer and overall footballing god...something stopped him from having truly monster seasons (in terms of pure numbers).

It could be because of his known injury issues but i always felt there was something else stopping him. Never could quite put a finger on it.

Paqueta imo is tactically so intelligent (from his first 5 games) he could actually end up consistently outscoring and out-assisting Kaka on a season to season basis despite playing in a deeper position.

Could he win a CL on his own though? I doubt it. Kaka 2007 was something else. I'm not sure even Cristiano had such an incredible CL run in his career.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
One of the things about Kaka's game i noticed was that while he was unstoppable while running with the ball and and incredible passer and overall footballing god...something stopped him from having truly monster seasons (in terms of pure numbers).

It could be because of his known injury issues but i always felt there was something else stopping him. Never could quite put a finger on it.

Paqueta imo is tactically so intelligent (from his first 5 games) he could actually end up consistently outscoring and out-assisting Kaka on a season to season basis despite playing in a deeper position.

Could he win a CL on his own though? I doubt it. Kaka 2007 was something else. I'm not sure even Cristiano had such an incredible CL run in his career.

Kaka very evidently saved himself for the big matches by playing on 2nd gear in many matches.. not to the extent that Seedorf did, but quite a bit. He had to do it because unlike the two behemoths who followed him in the Ballon d'Or list for the next ten years, he was not physically freakishly gifted. Paqueta is a young, hungry player. He hasn't become that cynical yet.

Last edited:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I don't really get the comparisons with Kaka. Two very different players.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True. Only thing that they have in common is the country of origin.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think anyone is comparing their playing styles.
They're obviously very different players.

Nostalgia is driving some of us to wonder what kind of impact he might have if he was our next great Brazilian player.

Hence the Kaka comparisons.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
double post

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
he was used to play in the same position in flamengo, part of his good adaptation is duo that. But he needs more freedom on the field. He is too 50/50 atack and defense. Gattuso needs take some of the defensive task of his back.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
he was used to play in the same position in flamengo, part of his good adaptation is duo that. But he needs more freedom on the field. He is too 50/50 atack and defense. Gattuso needs take some of the defensive task of his back.

He can have as mucj freedom as he want when attacking. But we all defend as a team with calm cohesion as a unit, he needs to take his responsobility as well when it comes to defending

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
He can have as mucj freedom as he want when attacking. But we all defend as a team with calm cohesion as a unit, he needs to take his responsobility as well when it comes to defending

We have wingers coming back to defende and two bulls in the middle, he should have more freedom to circulate more closely to Piatek

Last edited: