Milan in Dubai to kickstart domestic season!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
inomilan said:
i just found out dat Inter r in Dubai also..i we gonna face them?
No. We're just playing a friendly against the UAE next Tuesday (the 8th), then returning to Italy the next day.

Reaction score
Mayne.. no wonder they are top while we are bottom....

THEY run :
capt.14aa7c6b194f4e51b05a0d71ded73eec.emirates_soccer_inter_milan_are102.jpg

WE soak up the sun : :D
capt.737c4d1a0ad848aa83fe6b8a9093442f.aptopix_emirates_soccer_ac_milan_are103.jpg

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
another pics from acmilan.com

Gou ;)

Nesta and Pirlo.. (Nesta looks tired :) )

Ambro and.. hehe BA :D

Grande Capitano ;) :cool:

Oddo

Ambro and Nesta arrived :tongue:

Brocchi,Kala, Favalli

lolz.. Gattuso

MILAN :cool:

Last edited:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
MILAN CAMPIONE said:
Mayne.. no wonder they are top while we are bottom....

THEY run :
capt.14aa7c6b194f4e51b05a0d71ded73eec.emirates_soccer_inter_milan_are102.jpg

WE soak up the sun : :D
capt.737c4d1a0ad848aa83fe6b8a9093442f.aptopix_emirates_soccer_ac_milan_are103.jpg

That's not really as funny as you might think. Inter seem to want it more. We just do enough to get by until CL and even then sometimes we don't play like we should.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Today has been one of the strangest, most shocking and most beautiful days in my life. I didn't realize it when I woke up in the morning. Nor did I realize it while I was heading to the stadium in my car. I just thought I'd see the players from a distance, maybe get an autograph or two if I was lucky. However, what really happened inside was INCREDIBLE :proud:

The training had already started when I walked into the stadium and took a seat.

DSC00749-resized.jpg

DSC00754-resized.jpg

DSC00751-resized.jpg

Pippo was looking up all the time and he very sweetly waved back at me when I waved at him :D

The place was relatively empty, which was great news for me coz the less people there are, the more you can get closer to the fence. Once the finished, I went down to the fence area where Pirlo, Max, Nesta & Gourcuff were sitting ;)

DSC00759-resized.jpg

DSC00763-resized.jpg

DSC00762-resized.jpg

DSC00761-resized.jpg

DSC00760-resized.jpg

I took their autographs and took a pic with Pirlo and by the time all this action happened, Ricky & the rest had already left. So I thought to myself, "it's okay, you'll see him another day". And I decided it's time to leave since I was late to work when the most amazing thing happened.

I was walking up the stairs, thinking it's the right way to go out. But I bumped into one of the local men in the management of the club. He asked me where I'm going and I told him that I wanted to leave. Then, to my amazing luck (or is it fate?), it turned out the way I was taking was the way to the cabin where the reporters go and up to the dressing rooms. The man asked me if I wanted to meet the players. I said of course. Then he asked me to follow him. At that time I was thinking, "he must be taking me out? This can't be happning?", but it was happening and he didn't take me out. Instead, he took me inside to the chillout area where the players can hang after having their showers.

The gentlman asked me who of the players did I want to meet and I told him I wanna meet Maldini & Kaka. So he took me to the corridor that the players take on their way to the bus and he said to me, "nobody is allowed to come here, so remember me as long as you live. I will do something that nobody's done to you before, I will bring Kaka here" :eek: I was in total, complete SHOCK and I could do nothing but stand there and stare and the players coming out of the dressing rooms one by one :eek:

DSC00766-resized.jpg

DSC00767-resized.jpg

Cafu, Emerson, Kalac, Oddo, Bonera & Oddo came as well but I couldn't take pictures because my stupid camera memory was full.

So I saved the last bit of memory I had for the Golden boy and the Golden boy finally came :proud:

DSC00769-resized.jpg

I'm not being biased, but he was the sweetest of them at all. He had a big warm smile on his face when I said hi to him and asked him how he's doing. I took a picture with him then asked him to sign my AC Milan scarf. I thanked him and he smiled & respectedly nodded his head "prego" :proud:

I had thought of so many things to tell him, but once he came in front of me, I totally forgot everthing :D

All this made me think, it's truely amazing though how things change over the years. Thirteen years ago, it was nothing but a dream to watch Milan games live on TV. We used to get the results 2 days after the game's been played in the newspapers. And today, not only can we watch the games live, but we can also meet the players and see them here in Dubai.

Welcome Milan, and thank you for making my dreams come true :proud:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
Thanks Kyara ---- lovely pics and story! It struck me when u said that there was nearly no one to watch the training .... here in Malta we used to be quite a lot and because of the strict security not all players were given the chance to sign autographs at times. They had to be like Pippo ( who literally escaped from the security to sign ahaha! ).

Yeah u were really lucky ---- if i were u i would go everyday there .... enjoy it and thanks! Keep posting!

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
KYARA.. u are very lucky... :proud: :proud: :proud: !!!
awesome pics and awesome story also.. i really envy u ;)
and plz do take Maldini's pics next time :cool: thx :star:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh by the way GIRLS, Ricky is even cuter in real life :D

The nicest players were: Ricky, Rino, Brocchi, Bonera, Oddo, Pirlo & Dida

Max was okay :tongue:

The show off was: NESTAAA :tongue: He didn't even come to take pics when we called him :rolleyes:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
Oh by the way GIRLS, Ricky is even cuter in real life :D

Max was okay :tongue:

The show off was: NESTAAA :tongue: He didn't even come to take pics when we called him :rolleyes:

Yes if u can take a Maldini pic and also Pippo please ... he's a very nice person .... loves to sign .... ( and much cuter in real life :eek: hehe! ) GO KYARA!!! :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andromeda said:
KYARA.. u are very lucky... :proud: :proud: :proud: !!!
awesome pics and awesome story also.. i really envy u ;)
and plz do take Maldini's pics next time :cool: thx :star:
I saw a glimpse of Il Capitano when I went inside but by the time I followed him he had already taken the bus :cry:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rosi said:
Yes if u can take a Maldini pic and also Pippo please ... he's a very nice person .... loves to sign .... ( and much cuter in real life :eek: hehe! ) GO KYARA!!! :D
Pippo did seem nice but too bad I couldn't catch him either! He was training on the corner closest to us by himself and looking our way all the time. When I waved at him he waved back and nodded with respect, it was very sweet :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Darn, it would've killed if you'd gotten a picture of (or with) him, but I guess you can't have everything. :) Rino has this "Who the hell are you?" look on his face.

Nonetheless, fabulous pics. So far you're passing with flying colors.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Darnit, why can't these guys come to S.F.? I would love to have the opportunity that you and Cassius have had to see these guys in the flesh up close. I'm sure it's like meeting a bunch of rock stars. Oh, and tell you-know-who that I'll pay for his plane ticket so he can come out here. :D

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Kyara,you are really lucky.. i would give anything for an opportunity to meet the team...

anyway,i`m happy that at least some of us have the chance to do so..

p.s.
take more pics next time..;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
By the way, I couldn't see Carletto anywhere :conf:

And for the people of Dubai, I've read somewhere that the team is in Grand Hyatt Hotel but I'm not really confident with the source. I might call and check later ;)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Kyara...omg, soooo extremely LUCKY.
Thankyou soo much for sharing the pictures and telling us your story was really kewl :D Atleast we know what to expect WHEN (i said when :)) we meet the players. But you have to try to meet Il Capitano. Thanx alot for the pictures. Means alot. Good luck with your further stalking..lol just kidding.
I cant say that i wasnt jealous when i saw the pictures but i think id have the funniest/weirdest look on my face ever so yea, maybe its for the better that im not meeting them in the near future..jk.

Thanx for sharing.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Nice pics Kyara. I'll never get the opportunity to see those players here. My country is too small and horrible at football. Oh well. Lol

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
Kyara...omg, soooo extremely LUCKY.
Thankyou soo much for sharing the pictures and telling us your story was really kewl :D Atleast we know what to expect WHEN (i said when :)) we meet the players. But you have to try to meet Il Capitano. Thanx alot for the pictures. Means alot. Good luck with your further stalking..lol just kidding.
I cant say that i wasnt jealous when i saw the pictures but i think id have the funniest/weirdest look on my face ever so yea, maybe its for the better that im not meeting them in the near future..jk.

Thanx for sharing.
You're most welcome sweety. You guys are my only AC Milan family (apart from my real family of course :D ). It's so lonely being a female AC Milan fan here.

Or you know what? On second thought, it's better cause there are no girls screaming when Ricky's here :D
Pirlo Fan said:
Nice pics Kyara. I'll never get the opportunity to see those players here. My country is too small and horrible at football. Oh well. Lol
Trust me man, I mean it when I say "you never know", coz I never expected this day would come.

Just BELIEVE :)

Last edited:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pirlo Fan said:
I'll never get the opportunity to see those players here. My country is too small and horrible at football. Oh well. Lol
if you're in barbados you should be able to get to see all those footballers + their WAGs vacationing, not to mention rock + popstars. sheva + wife were there last year i think.

kyara - nice pics + nice story. pirlo looks like a caged zoo animal behind that fence + nesta could need some cheering up by the look on his face. you should have run after maldini, i know i would have. after nesta too. get me pippo's + maldini's autographs on a postcard + send it to me. the dedication should read *per andrea*. are you up for it?

are you still a sheva fan?

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
milan_my_love said:
Happy new year, Andrea.
See you in 2008 and wish it brings best for you. ;)
thanks omer. happy new year to you. may life treat you kindly. :)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*rossonera* said:
kyara - nice pics + nice story. pirlo looks like a caged zoo animal behind that fence + nesta could need some cheering up by the look on his face. you should have run after maldini, i know i would have. after nesta too. get me pippo's + maldini's autographs on a postcard + send it to me. the dedication should read *per andrea*. are you up for it?
LOL, yes Pirlo did look like a caged animal and we were in the zoo :D

Nesta was disappointing.

And no, if I do get autographs from those two, I'll keep them to myself :tongue:
*rossonera* said:
are you still a sheva fan?
Do I still follow his games & news? No; I hate EPL. Do I still love him? Not like I used to. Do I miss him? With an attack like ours, of course I do.

Do I wish he was here today?

No comments :)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
good that you didn't forget to bring a camera or forgot to use it... but next time more memory cards...
Please keep saying "next time". It brings me good luck ;)

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Nesta was disappointing.
i have to admit that i haven't bothered with player gossip etc for a long time + also don't remember him being described as difficult or [too] arrogant. sorry 'bout your bad experience.

Kyara said:
And no, if I do get autographs from those two, I'll keep them to myself :tongue:
egotist. and people wonder why the world is in such a horrible state. :rolleyes:

Kyara said:
Do I still follow his games & news? No; I hate EPL. Do I still love him? Not like I used to. Do I miss him? With an attack like ours, of course I do.
Do I wish he was here today?
you do!!! :D you probably do well ignoring the premier league, i still watch arsenal when i find the time but without henry + pires the 'emotional involvement' is not the same anymore.

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo Fan said:

Hehe even Malta is very small .... and not so good in football and yet they came here .... But maybe being close to Italy helps ... in fact next sunday Juve are coming again and othor teams come from time to time here ..

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*rossonera* said:
i have to admit that i haven't bothered with player gossip etc for a long time + also don't remember him being described as difficult or [too] arrogant. sorry 'bout your bad experience.
It's alright, what came afterwards erased all the bad memories :D
*rossonera* said:
egotist. and people wonder why the world is in such a horrible state. :rolleyes:
Selfish is more like it, but can you blame me? :tongue:
*rossonera* said:
you do!!! :D you probably do well ignoring the premier league, i still watch arsenal when i find the time but without henry + pires the 'emotional involvement' is not the same anymore.
I'm still very nervous about facing them in the CL though. Hope this camp benefits us just like the Malta camp did last season En Sha Allah :)

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Selfish is more like it, but can you blame me? :tongue:
i can + will. ;) if the occasion should arise that you can share a few more minutes with the players + they're in the mood, please let them scribble their names on whatever piece of paper you can find in your pockets. i know that in all likeliness i won't have the chance to travel to see them due to my current family situation + wouldn't ask if i wasn't serious.

Kyara said:
Hope this camp benefits us just like the Malta camp did last season En Sha Allah :)
from the pictures last year it seemed like a rather relaxing, low-intensity camp. nice location + runs on the beach. i wonder where they are staying in dubai, beach or city, isolated [if that's possible in dubai] or in the middle of all the hustle + bustle [+ construction noise :tongue:]? my brother was in dubai last year + loved it.

Schedule