Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Tuesday, 4th October 2011

Gazzetta dello Sport

Juve wave
Lippi: “My old lady has returned”. Conte has chosen the right formation. Marchisio: “We have a hammer of a coach”.
The bianconeri, ahead in the championship with Udinese, are the team of the moment and the people of the web see them for the Scudetto.

Robinho-Mexes medicine for Milan
A lot of injuries and Allegri has found himself without any changes. The Frenchmen would allow Thiago Silva to advance to central midfield position.

Inter’s recovery begins with Sneijder
Ranieri wanted to give him the keys to the team, but the Dutchmen injured himself immediately. His return, along with that of Thiago Motta, will be valuable.

Napoli-Gargano-Inler a pair to fight and govern
One presses, the other dictates the tempo: this is how Mazzarri dominates the middle.

Guidolin: “We will continue to grow”

Bologna to Ballardini, he takes over from Bisoli

T*ttosport

It is like Lippi’s Juve
Same strengths, same determination, same hunger. The ex-CT and Prandelli are sure: “The bianconeri will fight for the Scudetto”. Chiellini on the left, turning point for the defence that everyone agrees with. The new stadium is brining funds and points.

Toro-Everyone in line for a record stadium!
For tomorrow night’s match with Grosseto, four thousand tickets sold in minutes.

A journey into the crisis of Milan and Inter. Ranieri stopped
Mangia & Ficcadenti: “This is how Palermo and Cagliari will become big”

Corriere dello Sport

Juve you are great!
All of the secrets of a group on the rise. So many similarities with Lippi’s team. And the ex-CT is excited: “Conte is super”.

“Cagliari are now looking to Europe”
Cellino: “It would be great, but we need the euphoria of Sardinia. And I’ll tell you about the turning point in the summer…”.

“Why not Palermo in the Champions League?”
Zamparini: “I will pay for dinner to all those coaches who said no to me, this is how I got Mangia”.

Cavani on a high: “A dream Napoli”

Guidolin is not laughing: “I feel the stress I am suffering too much”
“I am in the best moment of my career, but I am not well”.

Bologna in chaos. Bisoli towards a goodbye, Ballardini says no
The agreement with the coach from Emilia-Romagna falls through. Today the final decision.

The Derby of the Capital heats up
Nobody like Klose: he has gotten the highest grades.

And Prandelli looks to Osvaldo: “He is national team worthy”.

Milan on their knees: never this poor in the post-war era
Milan in gloom after the triumph in the Supercup. And Inter no longer win.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
how about Bochetti? We were linked to him and almost got him if not for Janku...

Funny you mentioned him, he just scored a brace this past weekend for Rubin. Hes become a solid member on their defense but at LB, hes playing there a la Abidal/Chivu/Chielini, meaning he gets swapped between CB/LB from time to time.

I have read in the recent past that he isnt too happy with life in Russia and dreams of playing for Napoli. Pretty sure that move can materialize in the near future because Rubin are not doing well at all atm, from a solid top3 team they have fallen down to being top7 [currently], could be worse and they could still miss out on the EL spots.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
[Good read]

A SENSE OF BELONGING?
by Adam Digby

Italian football carves a unique path yet again

This past weekend in Serie A saw further evidence of what has become an increasing trend which is almost unique to Italian football and is, to many countries, unthinkable. Saturday night saw Goran Pandev and his new club Napoli take Inter apart at San Siro. An integral part of the Nerazzurri's treble-winning side, the Macedonian striker also won the Coppa Italia with Lazio in 2008-09, meaning he has now played for three of last seasons top five clubs in less than two years.

Sunday nights huge clash between Juventus and Milan however provided an even more glaring example. Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo became the latest member of an exclusive club this past summer, his move to Juventus making him the eighth player in history to wear the colours of Juve, Milan and Inter. He follows names as illustrious as Roberto Baggio, Giuseppe Meaza and Aldo Serena in repeating this triple crown, an honour also shared by Patrick Vieira, Edgar Davids and Christian Vieiri.

Read more: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/10/3/a-sense-of-belonging-6.html

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
klose :proud:

"inzaghi >>>> klose" :lol: :fp:

You were right. Here's a congratulatory hug
tumblr_lshryhTJAs1qc4f3jo1_500.jpg

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing new, I'm always right.
112hqmv.png

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The better Q is was klose interested in being a bench player (4th/5th choice) at Milan? I dunno... i think he wanted to play.

Robinho-Mexes medicine for Milan
A lot of injuries and Allegri has found himself without any changes. The Frenchmen would allow Thiago Silva to advance to central midfield position.

Yup,
just as I said...

Not in love with the concept, but Mexes is very good at dealing with crosses and quite frankly, mexes, nesta and thiago are 3 of our best 11 so it might not hurt us to use him in midfield.

temporarily i can get behind it. Would create a defacto 3 CB system.

could do similar to defensive line-up of what portugal did during world cup with Thiago in the Pepe role-
portworldcup.jpg

or brazil with gilbero silva dropping to side CB

lineup-
-----------Zlatan
----Cassano--Robinho
--MVB--Thiago--Aquilani
Taiwo--Nesta--Mexes--Abate
----------Abbiati-----------

and when we attack, thiago drops back a bit, mvb anchors defense, aquilani takes box to box role spreading play, both FB's pushing up

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri: 5-0 in the match with Under-20

(ANSA) - ROME, Oct. 4 - A goal by Mario Balotelli and brace by Giovinco and Giuseppe Rossi and 'the match finished 5-0 against the training of the National League's Under-20 Pro, two periods of less than 30 minutes each. During the second half Rossi, after kicking the ball for the momentary 4-0, and 'had to go out for a problem in his left leg, and it' been replaced by Giovinco. Even Balotelli 'pain came back. Cassano, fielded in the second half, has signed two assists, both for Rossi.

Azzurri: Rossi injured
The attacker is in retreat, we will consider 'for recovery

(ANSA) - Florence, Oct. 4 - Other stops for the National Prandelli. Giuseppe Rossi and 'stopped in the second half of the match with a representative age 20 in Coverciano. ''He suffered the same kind of problem suffered in Spain - said the doctor blue, prof. Castellacci - a hyperextension of the knee. Yes and 'stretched the joint capsule, the boy remains, we will evaluate if and' recoverable. Time and 'soon to say if and' available for Friday'''. Only a sore back without concern for Balotelli.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
[Avoid if posted already]

Issued on the official website of the FIGC list of 23 summoned by Cesare Prandelli:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Naples), Sirigu (Paris Saint Germain).

Defenders: Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Cassani (Fiorentina), Chiellini (Juventus ), Crespo (Zenit St. Petersburg), Maggio (Napoli).

Midfielders: Aquilani (Milan), Cigarini (Atalanta), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo ( Juventus.)

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Cassano (Milan), Giovinco (Parma), Pazzini (Inter), Rossi (Villarreal).

very meh side, would habe liked a little more experimentation with the Euro spot rapped up. Dont know what he has against Matri, would have given Cerci a call up, and would not have called Barzagli, maybe give Bocchetti another chance

Would have loved to see a 4-2-3-1 with-

--------------Buffon-------------------
--Maggio--Astori--Chiellini--Balzaretti--
-------De Rossi------Marchisio/Monty---
---Cerci--------Pirlo----------Giovinco---
------------Matri/Balotelli---------------

now that would be a very entertaining side to watch imo

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Id play

-----------Buffon--------------
-Maggio-Astori-Chellini-Criscito-
-----------De Rossi-----------
-----Montolivo-----Marchisio--
-------------Pirlo-------------
-------Cassano---------------
----------------Balotelli-------

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Buffon
Maggio Barzagli Chiellini Balzaretti
Pirlo
De Rossi Marchisio
Montolivo
Rossi Cassano

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wednesday, 5th October 2011

Gazzetta dello Sport

Top & Flop. Pirlo is the best, Inler good, Nocerino and Forlan minus
Here are the grades of the noteworthy players from the last transfer market based on the votes of Gazzetta.
Amongst the bianconeri Lichtensteiner and Vucinic ok.
In the red Alvarez, Jonathan, Aquilani.
Surprises: Denis, Klose and Thiago Ribeiro.

Ibra what is wrong? “I’m not enjoying myself as much. I don’t have the same determination as I used to”

Tardelli on Marchisio: “Yes, we are alike”

Balotelli with Cassano, Prandelli loses Rossi

Turnabout with Ballardini, Bologna goes to Pioli

Nerazzurri all in on Kucka, rossoneri on Negredo

T*ttosport

Juve, a wall for the Scudetto
Rhodolfo and 5 other central defenders under observation. Godin and Dede the hottest names, but there is also interest in Cahill.
Marotta appears to be intent on signing someone in South America in the January transfer market. Alex and Rever are also of interest. Amauri case: the striker will leave but not for free.

Another night of Toro
After the feat at Genova, tonight the match with Grosseto. Ventura charges up the granata, intent on strengthening their lead: “We must carry the momentum from the Olimpico”. Tomorrow a special from the match with the Tuscan side. Samp look to turn it around in Verona.

Milan-2 missions to stop the crisis
Braida in Spain, Allegri in Brescia: the rossoneri are on the hunt for reinforcements after the tough start. Attack on the “old” objectives like Khedira and new talents: like Jonathas.

Buffon: “It was nice to beat Milan. Now we must make the jump in quality”

Bologna, the new coach is Pioli

Corriere dello Sport

Inter, change everything
Revolution nerazzurro: more youngsters in the group. Amongst the targets these 4 stars (Casemiro, Goetze, Lucas, Juan) that have caught the eyes of the world. And Kucka will arrive in January.

Ibra shock! “Tired of calcio”
Shocking revelations of the Milan star: “Calcio does not burn in me like it used to, I will not play for that much longer”.

Prandelli, what problems 3 players are already at home
Balzaretti, Criscito and Pazzini ko.

Swoop by Roma there is Nicolas Lopez
And DiBenedetto works for the stadium.

Bologna there is Pioli 35 days after Palermo
Bisoli out, in his place the coach that was recently fired by Zamparini. He has signed a two year deal.

Mazzarri show: It has been two years of super Napoli

Conte, here is the Guardiola of Juve

Serie B: Bari, what a scare at Crotone
Reggina in search of the win at Ascoli, Zeman tries again with Sassuolo.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wow, the italian papers are sure having a jizz fest over jube :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I feel pretty confident, Ibra's going to City in 2012.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
ibra to city for 35m = :) or

ibra for balotelli and 10m

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ibra leaving in 2012?

europa league 2013-2014. :cool:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra leaving could serve as both sides of the coin for Milan, could be a blessing in disguise or a disaster waiting to happen thereafter. Anyways, lets see what Galliani has up his sleeve.

In other news,

Prandelli, what problems 3 players are already at home
Balzaretti, Criscito and Pazzini ko.

Both of Italy's natural LBs injured/left the camp meaning Chiellini will probably slot in.

What do you guys think of this move and what about this defense? Solid enough?

Maggio..Bonucci..Barzagli..Chiellini

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Ibra leaving could serve as both sides of the coin for Milan, could be a blessing in disguise or a disaster waiting to happen thereafter. Anyways, lets see what Galliani has up his sleeve.

In other news,

Both of Italy's natural LBs injured/left the camp meaning Chiellini will probably slot in.

What do you guys think of this move and what about this defense? Solid enough?

Maggio..Bonucci..Barzagli..Chiellini

Seeing how we have done before when big players have left the club I would be scared shitless.... Michael Owen as Ibras replacement? He is a champion after all!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing how we have done before when big players have left the club I would be scared shitless.... Michael Owen as Ibras replacement? He is a champion after all!

you wish :lol:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Maybe I aimed too high... Luca Toni?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Germany U-20 vs Italy U-20 tonight in about 5 hours and 30 mins. De Sciglio and Verdi are in the squad.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italy, convenes Ogbonna

Given the injuries that have hit recently Criscito and Balzaretti, Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has decided to convene the Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna. The player will reach his teammates after the match that the Torino will play tonight against Grosseto.

Azzurri: Prandelli convenes Osvaldo
Italian-Argentine striker in Rome called the National

(ANSA) - ROMA, 5 OCT - The coach Cesare Prandelli has called the Italian-Argentine striker Daniel Osvaldo of Rome in the national team after the defections of Balotelli and Pazzini for dual commitment against Serbia and Northern Ireland , qualifying at the European Cup in 2012.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
50mil + Balotelli :thumbsup:

The way Balotelli's playing now, we'll have to pay money + Ibra for him.

Balotelli- 21, best under 23 talent in world. Potentially best u23 player as is.

Zlatan- 30

I mean really. Zlatan's obviously better than him today but market doesn't work like that.

On the positive side- balotelli is likely to explode and do something stupid in next 6-9 months which will help :tongue:

BTW- MAncini and EPL deserve a lot of credit for Balotelli. He's improved SO MUCH. I remember him his latter year at Inter. Talent was undeniable, but he was such a Zlatan wannabe. Would always stand up defenders, not make the runs he needed to, kind of play lazy if he didn't have ball.

The last few month or so, he's developed a good off ball game, with excellent movement (did anyone see his recent goals?!).

As form continues, it'll be interesting to see if Prandelli opts to use the young but super-talented rossi/balotelli line, or he prefers cassano/pazzini net to Rossi and saves Balotelli as his wild card.

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I would rather see Balotellli and Rossi. more talent and a much greater level of upside

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
-------------------Buffon--------------
-Maggio---Astori*-----Chellini---Criscito*-
--------------------Pirlo-----------------
----------De Rossi-----Montolivo--
---------------- Giovinco-------------
------------Balotelli----G Rossi-----

would be my line up for euros if everyone is fully fit.

*Astori or Ranochhia
* Maybe Santon if he becomes fit and has regular football in newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule