Week 6: Empoli vs AC Milan 27/09/2018 21:00 CET

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
if we had a striker by trade (even kingkali) playing for us in yesterday's game we wudve won.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Same old story now.

We don't have the personnel to play from the back. We BADLY needed to upgrade Bonaventura's position this summer instead we got Bakayoko who's not really good enough to play CDM and more of a Kessie back up.

People hype the likes of Hakan, Suso, Bonaventura. At this point, if you don't see that having players like them puts a glass ceiling on our team there's nothing else I can say.

We got better striker yet we are still dreadful to watch. Silva was horrible here and started scoring as soon as he left(granted I still don't think he is a good footballer). People wanted better striker but see the result so far?

Rino was always tactically limited, but at least he's able to get morale up. For past 3 games now, after we score we just pass the ball about and invite pressure. Players play nonchalantly that's why howlers like Romagnoli's happen. And when it does, our players have been so lacklustered and now they are pressed for time to score. How many more times does this have to happen?

Kessie isnt as good as most people here like to believe. He has been the worst of our 3 midfielders this season. No way he should have a 100% starting spot in a club of our stature at this stage. Even at Atalanta he was benched after he lost form later in the season

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
it is so frustrating to watch the same story over and over again.
instead of looking to kill of games we stop playing and risk everything.
in second half until the equalizer from empoli instead of trying to move the ball forward and look for another goal we passed the ball back to goalkeeper or centerbacks.
empoli didn't even had to press high on our defensive line we invited the pressure ourselves.
then as soon as our opponent scores we are in a hurry to score. this is ridiculous. you can do this 1 or 2 times and get it wrong but when you behave with exact the same attitude and expect different result it is foolish
everybody in the team has to understand that they need to have the same concentration and aggressiveness in whole 90 minutes.
FORZA MILAN!

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
This teams needs to get it together. Every year it's the same old story. This is the time in the year to grab points and make a hot start to the season. Instead dropping points to mediocre teams.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino's subs are often bad or lacking in creativity, but this was not one of those games where we lose points by shutting off after taking the lead.

There were numerous chances created before and after the equalizer.
We just have wasteful players. Wasting chances and attacks. The Empoli GK having the performance of his career didn't help either.

Kessie is a wasteful player, period.
Bona is good at converting chances, but also good at wasting attacks before it reaches that point.
Hakan is non-threatening for the most part since there's no exceptional dribbling skills or pace to prevent our attacks from looking toothless.
Suso's trickery and left foot is always dangerous, but it can't be over-relied upon.

Samu might be the teeth we're lacking on the left flank. Might.
He should get a start against Sassuolo.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bring on Cutrone ��

Imagine being 2-0 up because we had Cutrone on at HT and didn't just sit back for the last 25 minutes. :))))))

Just as I said 5 minutes ago. He can't make a proactive sub when we need it and get that 2nd goal to have a comfortable lead. Now he'll make subs when we're at 1-1 and Empoli fired up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they got a 2nd goal soon.

The game isn't Donna or Roma's fault. Or anyone else but Gattuso.

:lol::lol::lol:

Imagine criticizing Rino for - of all things - not introducing an obviously still injured Cutrone even earlier.:lol:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Gattuso: 'Milan must invent attack'
By Football Italia staff

Gennaro Gattuso admits Milan have a crisis against Sassuolo, as Gonzalo Higuain, Patrick Cutrone and Fabio Borini are all injured. “We’ll figure something out.”

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.30 UK time (18.30 GMT), click here for a match preview.

Higuain missed the 1-1 draw with Empoli on Thursday evening because of a muscular issue that has still not been fully resolved.

With Cutrone still nursing a sprained ankle he sustained on international duty earlier this month, Borini had taken the centre-forward role at the Stadio Castellani.

“Borini also has a problem with his ankle,” confessed Gattuso in today’s Press conference.

“He had tests this morning. We’ll figure something out, so either way there will be 11 players stepping out on to that pitch. We'll invent something.

“Higuain tried in training yesterday and felt a twinge. Risking a player and then potentially losing him for one or two months isn’t wide. The last word goes to him, but if he’s not 100 per cent, there’s no point doing fitness tests.

“The same goes for Patrick. It’s admirable that he wants to play at all costs, as he spends three or four hours at Milanello every day having treatment. We’ve got to all work with his mentality and it’s something I really appreciate, but we also need to protect him.”

This leaves the Coach with practically no forwards, as Suso and Hakan Calhanoglu are more accustomed to wider roles. An option is to have Samu Castillejo partner Suso.

“We’ll see. Those are the ones we’ve got. If people are injured, there’s no point risking losing them for two or three months.

“Suso has to continue doing what he’s doing. He has great quality and was only stopped from scoring against Cagliari and Empoli by incredible saves from Alessio Cragno and Pietro Terracciano.

“If he plays like this, the goals will come. We need him for his quality above all, but if the goal comes too, that’s even better.”

Considering the situation, does Gattuso regret sending Andre Silva on loan to Sevilla with option to buy?

“You all know the situation with Andre Silva. When a player wants to leave, you can’t keep hold of him. We did all we could. The same goes for Carlos Bacca, as he wanted Villarreal at all costs.”

Milan go into the Mapei Stadium as underdogs, because Sassuolo are flying high in third place and only narrowly lost to Juventus.

“We are playing against a team in spectacular shape that is playing very good football. It’s going to be very difficult, as they are playing so well.”

This morning the Italian papers had more reports of Antonio Conte’s shadow hovering over Gattuso.

“I can’t think about Conte’s shadow. I am an employee of Milan and I have to do my job. If the results don’t come, then naturally the club has to take action.

“The club makes me feel at ease and I just wish I could repay them with a few more victories. The performances are there, so we just have to continue along this path and whittle down some of the errors.

“We must remain concentrated for 95 minutes without conceding a goal. All the goals we’ve conceded have been avoidable and a victory could be the ice-breaker we need. Our problem so far is that we haven’t finished games off, but it’s not a total disaster.”

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise with maybe Castillejo turning out to be a great false 9 or Tsadjout given a chance and exploding onto the scene.