Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
When are capitano and Mussa back guys??? Tnx

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Jose Mauri has played 6 Serie A games for Milan since 2015...

I doubt he's suddenly going to explode.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Jose Mauri has played 6 Serie A games for Milan since 2015...

I doubt he's suddenly going to explode.

This is a gamble by Gattuso. I don't feel good about him playing. There are reasons why he has played so little. He is not good enough. Some great minutes against a farmer team Dudelange don't change my mind about him. Same for Stefan Simic. People start hyping these fooders because of a good game against Dudelange.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Dudelange were indeed absolutely trash.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is a gamble by Gattuso. I don't feel good about him playing. There are reasons why he has played so little. He is not good enough. Some great minutes against a farmer team Dudelange don't change my mind about him. Same for Stefan Simic. People start hyping these fooders because of a good game against Dudelange.

Exactly.

Mauri is one of those players that's sort of scary to see in a line up. And you're expecting a Bertolacci level performance. Both those guys have to go asap.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Last edited:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Not sure about the 4-3-3, I feel like our results have turned since ditching that formation. However, I’m pretty sure in the long run, 4-3-3 will be our formation. Can’t be signing 2/3 midfielders in January and playing only two midfielders in a 4-4-2.

Cutrone really struggles being the focal point, I hope we score early in this one otherwise I feel he tends to struggle and tries too hard.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Not sure about the 4-3-3, I feel like our results have turned since ditching that formation. However, I’m pretty sure in the long run, 4-3-3 will be our formation. Can’t be signing 2/3 midfielders in January and playing only two midfielders in a 4-4-2.

Cutrone really struggles being the focal point, I hope we score early in this one otherwise I feel he tends to struggle and tries too hard.

Yes the 442 is effective but less ""pretty" than the 433 but like you said I see Gattuso wanting us to play more like the 433 with Biglia where we played some really attractive football. The 442 is more dictated by circumstances more than anything else.

In this game I would prefer a 442 without Mauri, and with Samu up front with Cutrone but I guess that can happen later in the game. I still think Samu can contribute a lot as his link-up play is decent and he can switch positions with Suso throughout the game to keep opponents guessing.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i have feeling that this line up will be failure :o

with all these injuries (in defence after all) i think that 343 is the most stabile formation or at least 442 with samu and hakan.

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I’d prefer Rodriguez to play cb instead of Abate.

Abate-Zapata-RR-Calabria

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
3-4-3 definitely seems the more sensible move for this game.. better against their 4 defenders, our shape will be more compact with this.. and Jose Mauri doesn't have to start.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It very much feels like banking on Jose Mauri to solve the Biglia role is the wrong move.

Want to see Kessie-Bakayoko again.

Super excited for the game, Forza!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match day! Forza Milan!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Yes the 442 is effective but less ""pretty" than the 433 but like you said I see Gattuso wanting us to play more like the 433 with Biglia where we played some really attractive football. The 442 is more dictated by circumstances more than anything else.

In this game I would prefer a 442 without Mauri, and with Samu up front with Cutrone but I guess that can happen later in the game. I still think Samu can contribute a lot as his link-up play is decent and he can switch positions with Suso throughout the game to keep opponents guessing.

:thumbsup:

Agree 100% on everything here. I would’ve loved to see Samu start this game, however I do see something in Mauri. Not sure he is exactly Milan quality but there is something there, I wouldn’t mind giving him a start to see how he goes.

I really hope Borini doesn’t start, he seriously hurts my eyes when he’s playing. How a player of that quality ever got here baffles me :fp:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i have feeling that this line up will be failure :o

with all these injuries (in defence after all) i think that 343 is the most stabile formation or at least 442 with samu and hakan.

are you for real? that is a 343 lineup.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
:thumbsup:

Agree 100% on everything here. I would’ve loved to see Samu start this game, however I do see something in Mauri. Not sure he is exactly Milan quality but there is something there, I wouldn’t mind giving him a start to see how he goes.

Exactly. I hope Mauri can live up to the promise he showed back when he was in Parma. This run of games before the New Year is likely his last opportunity to prove himself here. It's quite a strange situation where we have been deprived of so many players and also Monto being frozen out - Mauri needs to make the most of his chance.

I'm not hoping for a masterclass, but a neat and tidy performance defensively, with a few nice long passes to start a few attacking moves would be adequate.

Also, there would be a nice sense of symmetry if the beginning of his resurrection in Serie A was against his old team.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just hope this is the last month we see the likes of mauri, borini, abate etc...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Parma Coach Roberto D’Aversa believes he can predict how Gennaro Gattuso and Milan will approach today’s game, as they are former lunch buddies.

It kicks off at 11.30 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“It’s very pleasing to be back at San Siro, as I spent six years at Milan,” said D’Aversa in his Press conference.

Who the duck is this guy... never heard or seen him b4 and yet he claims he's been here for 6 years

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another Sunday lunchtime game... Ughhhhh
Let's hope it will be different than the usual. At least it's at the San Siro and not away

Rosoner91

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Pippo, Nesta, Maldini, Rino, Ronaldo(bra), Maradona, Drogba, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Falcao
DtZ3Aj5WoAAP43C.jpg:large

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Had this been an away game we would've absolutely shit the bed. Hopefully we can get a result.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lets hope Lazio drop some points later today. They not in great shape.

Last edited: