Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree

Unless he grows in the CM role & shows consistency I'd sell him to buy a proper CM

If we're very rich than it''d be great to have him in the squad to come on off the bench because he can make a different. Like someone else said he can be an important sub for a big club with European ambitions at this point

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
When we get Chinese money I hope he recovers some form so we can sell him.

Awkward when he plays in the midfield or in the wings, more like a hybrid player and plays more comfortably in 4-4-2 as LM.

Hangs on to the ball way too much as CM and dribbles his way into trouble and somehow it's Montolivos fault when he has to cover. On attack takes way too long with his "flair" and becomes a ball stopper. This is apparent in last two games.

He's played well when team is shit and he gets to do whatever he wants, but with proper CMs and wingers there's really no place for a player like him on the team unless he accepts the bench.

Yeah as a cm he needs to always look for a pass. He dribbles when he could make a simple pass.

Imo he needs to get consecutive playing time in the midfield before we can think of selling him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah as a cm he needs to always look for a pass. He dribbles when he could make a simple pass.

Imo he needs to get consecutive playing time in the midfield before we can think of selling him

Not to mention he dribbles towards our own goal and gets trapped deeper and deeper.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
2 assists and 2 goals in 2016 (last one in february) :head:

24e74db2726aa6a00ebfb8022b2ff5b7.png

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
He is used at position where we should have good passer able to create chances for bacca or throw ball to niang, suso into open spaces. Surprising mister didnt use sosa instead of him at least for like 20 minutes yesterday.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree

Unless he grows in the CM role & shows consistency I'd sell him to buy a proper CM

If we're very rich than it''d be great to have him in the squad to come on off the bench because he can make a different. Like someone else said he can be an important sub for a big club with European ambitions at this point

oh now you'd sell him?

only last year you had a picture of him sitting on a throne like a king as your profile picture... how typical of you :lol:

he was absolute crap yesterday in the first half but i thought he did a bit better when moved to LW... but Montella soon took him off for Antonelli, a move i disagreed with...

i wonder why Bona can't seem to return to his usual world class self? what is preventing him???? it must be montella who's instructing him to lose all these balls

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
He should start on the left wing in place of Niang against Sassuolo.

Bona is piss poor in midfield. I would rather see Locatelli start in midfield and allow Monto to play in a more advanced position.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From Gazetta dello sport: Jack is fifth in the special list of players who have recovered most balls in the first six games of the league. He's only preceded by players like Magnanelli, De Vrji, Medel and Alex Sandro who have purely defensive characteristics.

Milan have again changed the coach this summer, but there is one thing that all the latest Rossoneri coaches have in common: none of them resigned to find a place in the team for Giacomo Bonaventura. However this year with the arrival of Montella the former Atalanta has not only changed the number on the jersey (then 28, now 5), but also the role he is continuously used: Central left midfielder. When Jack was played as a winger, he was closer to the goal, and that's why he managed to score more than now where he's put further away from the opponent's box.

GRIT AND DETERMINATION - Bonaventura had to change the way to play because in the midfield you don't need only the quality, but also the right grit and determination to defend. According to reports of this morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport, Jack is fifth in the special list of players who have recovered most balls in the first six games of the league. The special thing of this statistic is that Jack is only preceded by players like Magnanelli, De Vrji, Medel and Alex Sandro who have purely defensive characteristics.

AVAIABILITY - Bonaventura so transformed from the man for goals and assists to the man who retrieves balls: one year ago, the former Atalanta recovered in fact an average of 5.85 balls per game, this year it's already at 7,33. Although in the past he had often expressed a preference for the role of a winger, Jack has put himself at the disposal of Montella and is adapting to the new role of midfielder, which allows him to play many balls and to be always in the thick of the Rossoneri's moves. "When you play in midfield you have to be more careful and to make the team make the right movements, furthermore you need to defend a little 'more. But I like that, because with Montella you touch the ball a lot and I'm happy to do what the coach asks me. When I play as a forward I can do different things, but the most important thing is always the benefit of the team. "

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I´m glad we are giving him consistence regarding his position, to fully adjust to his new position will take time.

If he can´t do it in the long run move him back to LW, sell Honda and replace him with a dynamic RW which would give us one winger (Niang, new RW) and one AM-playing-on-the-side type of player (Bona, Suso) for each wing.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
wrong thread

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
He likes to run with the ball and then release it to a player that is 1 meter from him :fp:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
growing in the CM role , he can be more useful there than on the LW

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Good performance today but he played his best once Sosa came on and was moved to the left wing imo. Still playing pretty good at CM now, when he's playing well so are Milan. So important to our system!

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
He just needed time to adjust to the position. He has all the qualities to excel as CM, even more so than a winger because he is not quick enough to be a great winger IMO.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Finally a very good match by bonaventura. Keep it up

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great performance

He is adjusting & developing as a CM under Montella, he has improved a lot defensively

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Jack Bonaventura doesn't have anymore doubts. In the summer, between being snubbed for the Euros and a Milan that seemed like they didn't have a future, it was looking like the player would move away from the club. Then Montella showed up...

"In fact, with the results that didn't arrive and off-the-field situations, no one could see a great future ahead of this season," - he said in an interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport -"I was confused, I suffered a lot, especially from my exclusion from the Euros, because I knew I had a great season. Then, from the first few days of preseason training, I saw that the habit had been changed. Now, a great group has been created: it's beautiful to be here and not have to find another situation. I expected to find a bit of chaos, but Montella has been very good at isolating that. I thought he would come and change everything, but he has proceeded gradually and kept the same relaxed atmosphere. He was right. I was convinced that we needed a procedure that was...tougher."

No mohawks or tattoos for "Jack": "If I wrote an autobiography it would be boring. I don't have much to tell, first I have to win something and maybe then we can talk. I dedicate all my energy to Milan, the rest doesn't interest me. The younger players need to see me as a positive example, someone to follow. I know I'm important and I work hard to stay at a high level. Young players? We must not burden them with too much responsibility, because they are just coming into football on a great team and that makes it much more complicated."

Objectives? "Juve is at a superior level, but the gap has narrowed among the challengers. My regret is coming into a Milan that wasn't in Europe, but this is the right year to return. We can win Saturday against the bianconeri: it's in our house and they will make us give 100%."