The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 26-07-2015, 02:49   #121
Panache
National Team Player

I agree for 20+ bonuses based on the team's performances, he's worth the risk. I was arguing with the kid that said 30 mil was a fair price for Romagnoli.

I'm out, have a nice weekend folks.
Panache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 04:31   #122
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Italian CBs who show promise are expensive. It's like how the value shoots up for a Brazilian forward who shows promise. All the heritage and education is factored in too.

Of course it can go horribly wrong. (Remember Fabiano Santacroce?) But so can any other transfer.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 04:50   #123
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panache View Post
I agree for 20+ bonuses based on the team's performances, he's worth the risk. I was arguing with the kid that said 30 mil was a fair price for Romagnoli.

I'm out, have a nice weekend folks.
No one said 30m is a fair price
Accepting the circumstances of the market=/= you think the inflated price is the players actual value
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 04:53   #124
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
No one said 30m is a fair price
Accepting the circumstances of the market=/= you think the inflated price is the players actual value
When's the last time you took an economics class

You would be slapped for saying this

The "actual" intrinsic value of a player...

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 05:01   #125
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Italian CBs who show promise are expensive. It's like how the value shoots up for a Brazilian forward who shows promise. All the heritage and education is factored in too.

Of course it can go horribly wrong. (Remember Fabiano Santacroce?) But so can any other transfer.
Bonucci cost was 16M. Ranocchia 19M.

Though I wouldn't call neither flop.
Bonucci certainly ended up being worth it. The Frog bounced back last season.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 06:50   #126
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Ogbonna 13 million.

Bonucci turned out to be a great deal.

So many media 'experts' had commented back when they were in Bari that Rannocchia was actually the better of the two and carried Bonucci. So much for that.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 08:45   #127
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Ogbonna 13 million.

Bonucci turned out to be a great deal.

So many media 'experts' had commented back when they were in Bari that Rannocchia was actually the better of the two and carried Bonucci. So much for that.

yeah i remember, that about the most promising duo in the serie a

we should have bought both of them

bocchetti 16mil
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 12:00   #128
Lord Snow
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Shevchenko

Bochetti to Russia was wrong career choice.It was motivated by money.Criscito is the same.Good players at one point of time,highly rated but Russia screwed them.
Lord Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 21:02   #129
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Who knows... This could be the case.

They both started off bad, but Bonucci had Buffon, Chielini, Conte and a functional team. He become better and better

Ranocchia was in a bad team with no stability at all, changing coach all the time.

Reminds me of Cannavaro when he was at Inter (then gone to Juve in exchange for Carini )... Not saying they're as good as him obviously.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 23:49   #130
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

i thought rannocchia was too at that stage. I think he had a serious injury right after leaving bari maybe ACL, it would probably set back any footballer. he was very good last season tho.

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 07:19   #131
Starish
Primavera Player

Not worth the money or he hassle...
Starish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 13:40   #132
Dejan
Rookie

Romagnoli is better than those overrated epl pretenders like Denayer, Stones, chambers, etc
Dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 22:03   #133
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone

Romag seems a very good CB with all sorts of qualities & still so young. He's good at the basics of defending plus he can play passes out from the back, even play left back with credit plus he's calm, composed & elegant. His price is so high because Roma priced him to be kept. He's more or less from Rome & came up through their youth system. But he wants to work with Miha again, he wants to play regularly as he did at Samp. He's a legend for us already as he's turned down Napoli. I hope his transfer is finalised quickly!

Always Forza Milan!

Peace.

mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:19   #134
Panache
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleite View Post
Romag seems a very good CB with all sorts of qualities & still so young. He's good at the basics of defending plus he can play passes out from the back, even play left back with credit plus he's calm, composed & elegant. His price is so high because Roma priced him to be kept. He's more or less from Rome & came up through their youth system. But he wants to work with Miha again, he wants to play regularly as he did at Samp. He's a legend for us already as he's turned down Napoli. I hope his transfer is finalised quickly!

Always Forza Milan!

Peace.

PLEASE....calm your tits! He could MAYBE turn out good some day but he's nothing special now. He showed decent promise, nothing extraordinary. For God's sake Matias freaking Silvestre that couldn't get a game with us the prior season also looked good in that Samp. Not to mention Mesbah That team played good team defense but nobody stood out individually in defense.
Old 31-07-2015, 12:37   #135
USC
god of thunder

Panache, you're really underrating his movements and progression.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 15:54   #136
Mario
AC Milan Icon

I will be gutted if he doesn't arrive in the end

Must sign, and i'm quite positive he'll come

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 17:27   #137
Panache
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC View Post
Panache, you're really underrating his movements and progression.
Not saying he's bad but I can't help but laugh when people think spending 25-30 million on him is OK when we have bigger problems in midfield. I'm just countering all the hype he's getting here and all these people overrating him to scary heights. Romagnoli is a good CB for his age, nothing spectacular in his game, certainly has promise but will not improve our defense this season or the season after. Will probably come here and be a bench option and with young players we know they need to start continuously and learn from their mistakes to improve. I don't mind signing him for 10 m or 10 + 5 (bonuses) but anything over that and we're overspending.

Galliani and co. really know how to get the fans to obsess about 1 or 2 "targets" and drag the transfer out so long that we end up convincing ourselves that our targets are the best options out there.

If the goal is to get tot he Champions League next season, spending 25-30 mil on Romagnoli won't do it. Improve that midfield with those funds and we'll have a very good chance.

Last edited by Panache; 31-07-2015 at 17:29.
Old 31-07-2015, 18:28   #138
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

Sorry, but the people saying that he's a legend because some random reports say he rejected Napoli for us can fuck off

ATM he's barely an improvement over what we have, but he a patience that not many defenders have and that we can build on.
He waits for the opportune moment to tackle and knows when it's time to burst out of the defensive line and intercept the ball, that's a rare quality for players his age, with proper care and training he can become a good defender; saying he's the new Nesta is absurd: not only it gives the fans false hope, but it also puts a lot of pressure on the player, thus increasing the chances of him not reaching his full potential
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:33   #139
AC AZZA
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka

I'd rather this deal happen sooner than later.

To those saying his no better than what we have, true, I can see what you mean , but at the same time, he can get a lot better than what we have.

Signature
Milan's Biggest Australian Fan .
AC AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:58   #140
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Not saying he's bad but I can't help but laugh when people think spending 25-30 million on him is OK when we have bigger problems in midfield. I'm just countering all the hype he's getting here and all these people overrating him to scary heights. Romagnoli is a good CB for his age, nothing spectacular in his game, certainly has promise but will not improve our defense this season or the season after. Will probably come here and be a bench option and with young players we know they need to start continuously and learn from their mistakes to improve. I don't mind signing him for 10 m or 10 + 5 (bonuses) but anything over that and we're overspending.

Galliani and co. really know how to get the fans to obsess about 1 or 2 "targets" and drag the transfer out so long that we end up convincing ourselves that our targets are the best options out there.

If the goal is to get tot he Champions League next season, spending 25-30 mil on Romagnoli won't do it. Improve that midfield with those funds and we'll have a very good chance.
I tend to agree with this, even though a small voice in the back of my head keeps saying "If they're willing to spend that much, maybe they know better"... who knows, maybe Miha thinks that he can be a solid starter this year. I do think we're overspending nonetheless, I'd be more happy if we bought him for 15mill and 50% of future profit which would at least limit our losses if he flops.

The thing that is scary is that people suddenly think we have Real Madrid or Manchester spending power . To me this seems more like a huge bet with most of our chips which will either come to fruition and allow us to ride the wave for a bit or leave us badly beaten and licking our wounds for the next 4-5 years.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote