Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Festa was the first one who broke the story that Commisso was interested + close to buying Milan?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Festa adds that if Li accepts Commisso's offer he stands to earn a little bit at least. With things going to Elliott, he'll earn almost nothing. Another thing he could do is pay the 32 million with another loan, buying time, but then the enormous debt he has to pay to Elliott by October would still have to be dealt with.

I fear that these talks will collapse. We have been here before. Closing, postponements, new ultimatums, an inflated asking price...

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Sesheva, interested in your take.

You mentioned the previous delay gave you so hope... Now potnetially a few more days

Where do you stand w UEFA now?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Festa adds that if Li accepts Commisso's offer he stands to earn a little bit at least. With things going to Elliott, he'll earn almost nothing. Another thing he could do is pay the 32 million with another loan, buying time, but then the enormous debt he has to pay to Elliott by October would still have to be dealt with.

I fear that these talks will collapse. We have been here before. Closing, postponements, new ultimatums, an inflated asking price...

But Li has nothing to gain from pushing things off. Like you said, the debt gets bigger, then the value of the club goes down even more, especially with a harsh Uefa sentence. He'll never get back what he paid for it. At this point we don't even know if he could pay another 32m. I think he would have done that by now if it meant more time. I don't see why Elliott wouldn't step in as soon as possible to take the club from him, they stand to make even more from a sale on their end. The only reason I could see why buyers are approaching Li now is to avoid a logjam of potential suitors ready to take the club from Elliott at more favorable terms. It would probably turn into a bidding war.

Last edited:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuck Berlusconi. I’m going to blame him forever. Sold us to a fraud, was in such a rush to leave. No due diligence at all. Yet a fraud was able to find two investors with real money in a short period, we can all see their net worths easily. Yet Berlusconi couldn’t. Either he purposefully fucked us over, or is incompetent or worse yet didn’t give a shit (which is the worst after all his proclamation of love to Milan).

Honestly for me, I don’t care if he won us 5 UEFA trophies, if he fucked us for life (not saying he has yet).

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Commisso failing to buy the club wouldn't be the worst thing.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
so fiorentina needs to wait another 2 days to hear if they're gonna play EL or not, but let's just ignore the fact that first game is in two weeks and that teams in this situation usually start preparing for season earlier.
are they gonna call players from vacation to hurry up in firenze or what? :o

it just doesn't make sense at all.

unless nothing will change but i remember that atalanta president was talking about that and that atalanta will go directly if they kick milan out of EL so yeah, he's probably right.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuck Berlusconi. I’m going to blame him forever. Sold us to a fraud, was in such a rush to leave. No due diligence at all. Yet a fraud was able to find two investors with real money in a short period, we can all see their net worths easily. Yet Berlusconi couldn’t. Either he purposefully fucked us over, or is incompetent or worse yet didn’t give a shit (which is the worst after all his proclamation of love to Milan).

Honestly for me, I don’t care if he won us 5 UEFA trophies, if he fucked us for life (not saying he has yet).

I think it has more to do with no smart wealthy person was going to pay such an inflated price for Milan that was in a bad situation. Li is finding buyers because it's probably half the price than it was a year ago.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
u all are losing the plot

go outside

look at the sky , relax

the world continues

dont be depressed

we will be fine

forza milan

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These reporters don’t know anything. They hoping it’s the next or the next. Clearly they don’t know anything. Just guesstimating.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so fiorentina needs to wait another 2 days to hear if they're gonna play EL or not, but let's just ignore the fact that first game is in two weeks and that teams in this situation usually start preparing for season earlier.
are they gonna call players from vacation to hurry up in firenze or what? :o

it just doesn't make sense at all.

unless nothing will change but i remember that atalanta president was talking about that and that atalanta will go directly if they kick milan out of EL so yeah, he's probably right.

Don't forget there will also be an appeal process as well. Milan could wait until the last possible minute and screw up everyone's schedule.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
u all are losing the plot

go outside

look at the sky , relax

the world continues

dont be depressed

we will be fine

forza milan

Sound advice. I just fed pigeons and geese on my lunch break. Good times.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't forget there will also be an appeal process as well. Milan could wait until the last possible minute and screw up everyone's schedule.

My fear is that they are delaying it as much as possible to give Milan the least amount of time to appeal. Once fiorentina play that match that's it. They can't bring in Atalanta to play the second leg.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My fear is that they are delaying it as much as possible to give Milan the least amount of time to appeal. Once fiorentina play that match that's it. They can't bring in Atalanta to play the second leg.

I have no understanding of the process, but I don't think there would be any delays on time for an appeal. It's the other way around, Atalanta are the ones in the playoff. Fiorentina is in nothing right now.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tell me YOUR thoughts about what's happening

I'm not jumping to conclusions till the verdict. The situation is sickening but if we get out alive cool. If we get thrown out of Europe you will spin whatever makes the situation "positive". Be objective, what you are doing is 100% trolling

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Trolling how?

I support the team always and the owner while he owns.

When he no longer owns, Ill move on to the next one. Because I support everything about this club

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have no understanding of the process, but I don't think there would be any delays on time for an appeal. It's the other way around, Atalanta are the ones in the playoff. Fiorentina is in nothing right now.

My point is that Atalanta have to play the winner of Sarajevo vs banants on the 12 July. If Uefa delay the decision till Friday 29th June, does that give us enough time to appeal? They can't inform fiore/Atalanta if they will be playing a European tie the day before the match.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Elliott wants they probably have the money to start up their own tournament with Milan ha.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Trolling how?

I support the team always and the owner while he owns.

When he no longer owns, Ill move on to the next one. Because I support everything about this club

So Parma were supposed to support Ghirardi? Ridiculous

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My point is that Atalanta have to play the winner of Sarajevo vs banants on the 12 July. If Uefa delay the decision till Friday 29th June, does that give us enough time to appeal? They can't inform fiore/Atalanta if they will be playing a European tie the day before the match.

I'm sure there would be time to appeal, Uefa is the one holding off on their verdict and they are just making things more complicated for themselves and everyone else. I would guess there would be time to prep up for a hearing for an appeal then time to come to a decision on that. My guess is this might all go away with an ownership change hence why Uefa keeps pushing it off.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
But Li has nothing to gain from pushing things off. Like you said, the debt gets bigger, then the value of the club goes down even more, especially with a harsh Uefa sentence. He'll never get back what he paid for it. At this point we don't even know if he could pay another 32m. I think he would have done that by now if it meant more time. I don't see why Elliott wouldn't step in as soon as possible to take the club from him, they stand to make even more from a sale on their end. The only reason I could see why buyers are approaching Li now is to avoid a logjam of potential suitors ready to take the club from Elliott at more favorable terms. It would probably turn into a bidding war.

I hear ya.

I want us to be sold like yesterday. It was just something that I fear...perhaps a tad irrationally.

Ricketts/Commisso. Works for me. If they have a long-term project and it means short-term pain, so be it. I am willing to wait.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
So Parma were supposed to support Ghirardi? Ridiculous

Did Ghirardi tale his Team from Bosmans to 200m?

It wasnt a perfect takeover, but media bullshit aside (which fans THEMSELVES amplify) I have no issue with year 1.

So yes, I support our owner, while acknowledging he has to sell at this point simply based on fan and media backlash

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

It hurtssssss..

200w.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hear ya.

I want us to be sold like yesterday. It was just something that I fear...perhaps a tad irrationally.

Ricketts/Commisso. Works for me. If they have a long-term project and it means short-term pain, so be it. I am willing to wait.

Someone mentioned it earlier, Ricketts are a younger family (the kids at least) and could look toward the long term. Commisso being a little older may look for quicker results.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did Ghirardi tale his Team from Bosmans to 200m?

It wasnt a perfect takeover, but media bullshit aside (which fans THEMSELVES amplify) I have no issue with year 1.

So yes, I support our owner, while acknowledging he has to sell at this point simply based on fan and media backlash

You must have missed it Mr. We're under fifa investigation, on the verge of being reclaimed by a vulture fund and facing a ban from Europe. If its really debatable to you whether li has been good for the club fine, but be objective and look at the whole picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule