Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Pellegrini might be someone being discussed if RR is sold

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

ChunnySideUp

Primavera
Reaction score
giphy.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if Balo came in addition to Higuain.

As thrilled as I'd be if someone bought Kalinic. None of this loan + obligation based on appearances nonsense.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Sportsmediaset: Higuain is on the verge of signing for Milan. 18 million up front and 40 million euros option.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He's left that home twice.

The prodigal son always returns.. And for a manager who would be perfect to get the best out of him.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Holy shit if it ends up being an option that's an amazing piece of business by Leonardo.

Caldara+Romagnoli is an extremely attractive and talented CB duo.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Milan have had positive contacts for the signing of Higuain on an €18m paid loan with option to buy at €36m - total of €54m. Milan can close the deal if Higuain gives his ‘ok’. [@romeoagresti]

i understand fat boy point of view on the option to buy

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Holy shit if it ends up being an option that's an amazing piece of business by Leonardo.

Caldara+Romagnoli is an extremely attractive and talented CB duo.

It’s probably an option only in words. We have given both the player and club our word that we will purchase. No chance we sully our name and reputation Bordeaux style.

Last edited:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan have had positive contacts for the signing of Higuain on an €18m paid loan with option to buy at €36m - total of €54m. Milan can close the deal if Higuain gives his ‘ok’. [@romeoagresti]

i understand fat boy point of view on the option to buy

It's just another way of saying, if we make CL we buy him. But I think we may in the end anyway.

Juve get some money and his salary off their books. I think the reason this deal was even entertained and now nears completion is because no other club really needs Higuain. We do. The Chelsea interest was never genuine IMO. Juve want to offload him, and we took advantage of all the other conditions.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Milan will activate the option in case of CL

Also, Balo arriving would rule out Conte and vice versa

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

This is an excellent package. If he takes us to the CL, he will automatically buy himself.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes because a club would pay 20m to loan a striker for one year

Options have value, Milan would be paying both for one year of service and the option to continue or discontinue the arrangement. 20M investment to go after CL and the windfall of cash it provides makes sense to me.

I doubt Juventus gets killed to that extent, though.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
This deal isn’t going to close tonight dammit. Come on Leo!!

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Options have value, Milan would be paying both for one year of service and the option to continue or discontinue the arrangement. 20M investment to go after CL and the windfall of cash it provides makes sense to me.

I doubt Juventus gets killed to that extent, though.

Indeed. It's a hell of a deal for us. So that even if he doesnt do extremely well, we can always not buy him.

Pipita gonna light it up though.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
spent most of today woodworking, away from pc/tv/news etc. expected at least 1 signing by the time I checked the news. :sleep:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I believe you make it an option because of FFP regulations. The obligation makes a dent on your FFP, which is why Mbappe was loaned with option to buy to PSG.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Balo isn't coming. He said particularly that he isn't willing to return to Milan again in an interview a few months ago.
Meeting with Raiola could have been about Bonaventura's contract, finding Abate a new club, or instructing him to shop Donnarumma around.
Or Lozano, although unlikely. But it isn't about Balo. Especially if we're getting Higuain now

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter currently have Nainggolan, Brozovic, Vecino, Gagliardini, Borja Valero in midfield for Spaletti's 4-2-3-1. I've seen Asamoah been used in the midfield in their preseason and Joao Mario is still apart of the team. I would think someone needs to go first before they make a move for Vidal.

Joao Mario recently stated how awful Serie A is so I don't see him staying in Italy. There are also rumours Chelsea are willing to pay 35 million for Vecino. Asamoah probably only plays midfield because of absences, I believe he's supposed to be the left-back in that formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule