Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
JKBGAFJ":ASDJBF"ABSDLOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LA ALLL FUCKING DAY ALL FUCKING DAY

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
what a shit day, sick so i couldnt drink, and lakers won....

As much as i wanna talk shit on Kobe for having an epically bad shooting game (nearly shooting his team out of the game) and proving once again my point, he's overrated as hell, i can't.
He played with A LOT of heart and desire and worked his ass off. In general NO quit. 15 rebounds is a testament to that

still a travesty he got MVP. Gasol was MVP of series. He was reason lakers won. Rebounding, easy points, passing, blocks. Oh and emphasis on rebounding as a whole. Anyone who doesn't understand rebounding=winning, doesn't know basketball.

Congrats Lakers, you were the better team.

milan's jedi

col Milan nel cuore
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ibrahimović
the one and only
6a00d8341bfc7553ef01311005d703970c-500wi

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAKERS!!!!!!!!!11

Respect to Boston they had me shitting my pants in 3rd quarter. I'm seriously crying right now I'm so happy. :proud:

Oh god that game drained me emotionally and physically. :star:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
still a travesty he got MVP. Gasol was MVP of series. He was reason lakers won. Rebounding, easy points, passing, blocks. Oh and emphasis on rebounding as a whole. Anyone who doesn't understand rebounding=winning, doesn't know basketball.

Congrats Lakers, you were the better team.
Meh, Gasol wasn't good at all in the first 3 or 4 matches of this finals. Kobe deserved it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
what a shit day, sick so i couldnt drink, and lakers won....

As much as i wanna talk shit on Kobe for having an epically bad shooting game (nearly shooting his team out of the game) and proving once again my point, he's overrated as hell, i can't.

I just read(haven't seen any games) he was about to do the biggest choke-job in the history but Rondo's steal touched the line. Was sure tou're going to bang on about it.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Lakers edge Celtics in Game 7, win 16th title

LOS ANGELES – Ron Artest(notes) cradled the championship trophy in his hands and gave it a long kiss. He was boxed into a corner of the Los Angeles Lakers’ locker room, a crush of delirious humanity dancing around him. A bottle of champagne rested at his feet, and all of Queensbridge seemed to be spilling onto him. His mother. His father. His wife. Their two sons and daughter. His brother. A nephew. A few friends. Everyone pressing closer to share in the moment.

Ron-Ron was rolling now. He called himself a wuss for crying on the court. He talked about his dad toughening him up, about all those one-on-one battles they waged on the blacktop at four in the morning. He thanked his psychiatrist for giving him the strength to believe in himself. He called out his brother for starting a Twitter war with Trevor Ariza(notes), the Laker he had replaced. He joked that his parents had raised a dumb child and then he hugged his own kids close.

The Los Angeles Lakers’ 16th championship was secure following a gritty 83-79 victory over the Boston Celtics. Bryant’s legs may have been dead, but he didn’t stop running until the buzzer.

Kobe Bryant celebrates the Game 7 win.
(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
The two-time finals MVP has a ring for every finger on one hand precisely because he never slows down, even with injuries, the Celtics’ defense and his own erratic shot conspiring against him. That’s why this ring will have a special place in his collection, and this banner in the Staples Center rafters will loom a little larger than the rest to Kobe.

“I wanted it so, so bad,” Bryant said. “On top of that, I was on E. Man, I was really, really tired, and the more I tried to push, the more it kept getting away from me.”

Out of an unsightly 6-for-24 shooting performance, Bryant led the Lakers to a sweet repeat with 23 points and 15 rebounds Thursday night. While he could barely make a shot or even hold onto the ball at times, Bryant relentlessly drove the lane to earn nine free throws in the fourth quarter while Los Angeles erased a 13-point second-half deficit.

The Lakers earned their rings by winning a gritty, grind-it-out Game 7 for the first time in their franchises’ history.

“This one is by far the sweetest, because it’s them,” Bryant said after the Lakers beat Boston for the first time in a Game 7. “This was the hardest one by far. I wanted it so bad, and sometimes when you want it so bad, it slips away from you. My guys picked me up.”

While the basketball in Game 7 wasn’t terribly attractive, as evidenced by the Lakers’ 32.5 percent shooting and 12 missed free throws alongside the Celtics’ 15 turnovers and 53-40 rebounding disadvantage, the teams’ collective will and determination still were stirring—and they’ll only get more beautiful with age.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson also has his 11th championship, matching Boston great Bill Russell’s total and possibly putting a cap on Jackson’s remarkable career if he decides to leave the Lakers. The Zen Master will have trouble walking away from the chance for a fourth threepeat next year.

“Well, it’s done. It wasn’t well done, but it was done,” Jackson said. “I thought our defense was terrific. We were able to step in and play the kind of defense that we’ve established as a calling card for this team, and we found a way to generate some points.”

Exactly two years to the day after Boston beat the Lakers by 39 points to clinch the 2008 title, Los Angeles got revenge for perhaps the most embarrassing loss of Bryant’s career—even if that revenge was as cold as Bryant’s jumper.

Bryant said he had to downplay the magnitude of the rivalry during the series, but he came clean while sitting at the podium with his daughters, Natalia and Gianna.

“I was just lying to you guys,” Bryant said. “When you’re in the moment, you have to suppress that … but you guys know what a student I am of the game. I know every series the Lakers have played in, and I know every Celtics series. I know every statistic. It meant the world to me, but I couldn’t focus on that. I had to focus on playing.”

And when Bryant was asked what the title means to him personally, he answered without self-censorship: “Just got one more than Shaq. You can take that to the bank. You know how I am. I don’t forget anything.”

As if anybody could forget, Shaquille O’Neal(notes) and Bryant teamed up for three titles from 2000-02, with Shaq winning his fourth in 2006 with Miami. The Lakers’ last two belong to Bryant and Pau Gasol(notes), who had 19 points and 18 rebounds after a slow start in Game 7.

Ron Artest(notes) added 20 points for the Lakers, who didn’t exactly show a champion’s poise while making just 21 shots in the first three quarters, even hovering around 50 percent at the free throw line. Los Angeles finished with just 32.5 percent shooting.

Yet the Lakers’ defense slowed Rajon Rondo(notes) and the Celtics’ offense to a trickle in the fourth quarter. Los Angeles reclaimed the lead midway through and hung on with a few more big shots from Gasol, who had nine points in the period, and a remarkable clutch performance by Artest, a first-time champion as the only newcomer to last season’s roster.

“I had 20 points, and I still think we did this as a team,” said Artest, whose 3-pointer with 1:01 to play was the Lakers’ last field goal of the season. “We fought together. This was one of the best games in, I don’t even know, man. I don’t want to be in a game like this, where the game can go either way. … I’m just like, OK, what did I get myself into?”

He might be into a budding dynasty, with most of the Lakers’ core locked into long-term contracts. With their fifth title in 11 seasons, the Lakers moved one championship behind Boston’s 17 titles for the overall NBA lead.

Paul Pierce(notes) had 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Celtics, who just couldn’t finish the final quarter of a remarkable playoff run after a fourth-place finish in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Garnett(notes) added 17 points and Rasheed Wallace(notes) had 11 before tiring while starting in place of injured center Kendrick Perkins(notes), but Boston flopped in two chances to clinch the series in Los Angeles after winning Game 5 back home.

“We were scratching and clawing, trying to do everything we could to try to pull this out,” said Ray Allen(notes), who had 13 points on 3-of-14 shooting, his legs worn out from chasing Bryant on defense. “We had an opportunity to win, but it just didn’t go our way down the stretch. I don’t think we ran out of steam. Lady Luck just didn’t bounce in our corner. … There were a lot of tears, a lot of tears.”

The Celtics had never lost a seventh game in the finals. Despite nursing a lead through most of the night while holding the Lakers to that ridiculously low shooting percentage, Boston couldn’t close it out on the coast, becoming just the seventh team to blow a 3-2 finals lead after winning Game 5.

Boston faces even more offseason uncertainty than the Lakers, with Allen’s free agency and coach Doc Rivers’ decision atop the list.

“There’s a lot of crying in that locker room,” Rivers said. “A lot of people who care. I don’t think there was a dry eye. A lot of hugs, a lot of people feeling awful. That’s a good thing. Showed a lot of people cared.”

The Celtics had much more poise from the opening tip in Game 7, playing vicious defense that forced Los Angeles to miss 21 of its first 27 shots. Bryant and Gasol were a combined 6 for 26 in the first half.

But forget how it looked early on, because history will. Bryant even did something Jerry West and Magic Johnson never could: He beat the hated Celtics in Game 7 of the finals.

“Close is not enough,” said Glen Davis(notes), whose six points and nine rebounds were the Celtics’ only contributions from their bench. “You’ve got to win it. I don’t know what’s going on with who’s coming back, but I’ll be ready when training camp comes around.”

NOTES: The Lakers will hold a parade Monday, with the team riding floats from Staples Center down Figueroa Street to the USC campus in downtown Los Angeles. A rally at the Coliseum last year attracted 95,000 fans, but the Lakers are skipping the arena in favor of a more interactive celebration. … Home teams improved to 14-3 in Game 7 in the finals. No road team has won a title in Game 7 since 1978.

Congratulation Lakers and its fans, Hard Luck To Celtics and for sure you due a respect for them too.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
got dammit

gg thoe. very good series.

had fun watching it...absltly plastered

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
damn, i take back what i said about kobe...how can you play that poorly in game 7 of the finals. I still don't understand how the lakers pulled this one out...oh well I was paying more attention to the WC anyway even tho US is down two goals right now

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Meh, Gasol wasn't good at all in the first 3 or 4 matches of this finals. Kobe deserved it.

false. IF kobe didn't rebound he was damn near worthless. He shot his team out of EVERY game. I don't get why people don't see it. Below 40% shooting is epicly bad. Just cause he scored 20 points doesn't mean it's a good 20 points. In all 4 wins, Gasol was key factor averaging over 18 points, over 13 rebound, and over 5 assists a game. So what if kobe scored more points. Gasol's impact was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger. By definition he was most VALUABLE player cause without his impact, lakers don't win

Lakers won because of 1 major reason, REBOUNDING. Mainly Gaso, but Bynum and Odom were huge....

Game 7 completely shows that. Boston shot 40.8%, Lakers shot 32.5% (Kobe shoe 25% FYI, lower than average) BUUUUT Lakers had 13 more rebounds. Including 15 more OFFENSIVE rebounds.

Offensive rebound is a garenteed 2 points. Either put back dunk or free throws. There is your game. Really shocked Boston coupled clean the glass

There offense went kobe brick, someone putback. Stat's back it too with Boston completely outshooting them but unable to rebound.

I mean here is best example. Two biggest shots of playoffs. Kobe brick v. oklahoma city, gasol put back with 1 second left. Kobe airball v. pheonix, artest putback with NO time left.

As hard as Kobe plays, he really is overrated and selfish. If they had a smarter SG who didn't take 20 footers (worst shot in NBA... either step back and shoot a 3 where atleast if u only hit 1 out of 3 it's worth same as making 1 out of 2 from regular range) OR go to the basket. He plays with a lot of flair, but he's just not very good, not near as good as what people claim. Greatest laker? gimme a break, he couldn't hold MAgic's jock. And comparing him to MJ is embarassing.

But hey Basketball is won by big men. There have only been 1 team who won without elite level big men. the Jordan Chicago Bulls (which is y he'll always be on another level), and even then, Rodman (though offensively ********) was a defensive and rebounding MONSTER.

Otherwise:
- Pistons there year had Ben Wallace (best defensive big) and Rasheed Wallace (at that point all star level PF).... even then it was kind of a flash in the pan and overall great team defense
-Spurs had Duncan
-Lakers had Shaq and Gasol (and nothing inbetween which coincides with them sucking, despite kobe getting 35 points a game)
-Bad boy Pistons had Laimbeer (and rodman)
-Showtime Lakers had Kareem (and worthy)
-Celtics had Bird, McHale, PArrish

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
think i saw probly 90% of teh playoff games this year (late rounds) out..drinking like a fool. fucking love nba playoffs. :star::star::star:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Khloe Kardashian's Extravagant Victory Gift to Lamar Odom

Khloe Kardashian's Extravagant Victory Gift to Lamar Odom

odomkhloe2.jpg

Helping his team win the NBA championship title should be a gift in and of itself for Los Angeles Laker Lamar Odom, but his wife must have thought the big win needed more celebration than a ticker tape parade.
E! News reports that Khloe Kardashian, Lamar's wife of nearly nine months, bought him a Rolls-Royce.

The car is said to retail at $443,000, and Kardashian's mother, Kris Jenner, calling it "fabulous," told E! News a few details about the gift.

"It's a brand-new 2010 Rolls-Royce," Jenner said. "Drop-top coupe, white on white."

Jenner was most likely describing the 2010 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, which Car and Driver magazine calls "pretty much everything you'd expect from a convertible that costs half a million dollars."

The review of the Rolls, written by satirist and pundit, P.J. O'Rourke, also referred to the car as "faster than the stink of how rich you'd have to get to buy one."

Some of the Phantom's features are classic: a teak wood deck ("the same kind of wood used in a really nice yacht," Car and Driver notes); a Rolls-Royce logo that remains upright on the wheel-heads even when they're in motion. But some are downright futuristic, like doors that close with the push of a button. It even has a mechanism to keep its iconic hood ornament safe: If someone messes with it, it drops into the car, and there's even a button on the dashboard that the owner can push to make the ornament disappear into the hood.

And for those who were speculating that Khloe bought the fancy ride with her hubby's money, Mrs. Odom has some choice words:

"People r so pathetic," Kardashian Tweeted after news of the purchase spread through the chatter-sphere. "Y would I give some1 a gift w/ their money? That's lame. I actually make my own money. Shocking I know. Stop hating!"

The couple seems to be wasting no time breaking in the new car: Khloe and Lamar were spotted rolling up to a fancy Father's Day dinner for Bruce Jenner at BOA in West Hollywood for Father's Day. Perhaps they're getting in as much joy-riding time as possible before traveling south -- the couple are reportedly going to Mexico soon for a much-deserved (at least for Lamar) vacation.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

can't see it happening. Just CANT see him going to Jordans building. He'll never be able to over come that legacy....

I think Nets are a real force. So much cap space, jayZ part owner, going to have arena in brooklyn, and the new owner is HIGHLY motivated to go global.

They have Devin Harris (comparable to Rondo, which is what lebron needs defensive minded pg to help...He was also an all star under Avery Johnson who is now there new coach) and Brook Lopez (best young center). Put Lebron + Bosh (or boozer/Amare) and add a SG who can space the floor..... i will take that starting 5. Favors, Courtney Lee others off the bench. Legitimate title team

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Kobe is a Milan fan but he is sponsored by Nike and Milan isn't a Nike team. So he says he supports Barca b/c they are a Nike team too. It's all contract shit anyways, in his heart he is a Milanista.
Proof in RECENT interview. Forza Kobe. :cool: :proud:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so he is Milan fan, his father & sister were/are for Inter and Jube..fucked up :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Scottie Pippen is a little less broke these days

Scottie Pippen is a little less broke these days

If you've read any of the numerous books about the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s then you know that Scottie Pippen is kind of funny about money. Raised in a poor household, Pippen jumped at the chance to sign a long-term contract prior to the 1991-92 season, choosing the security of a long deal over being paid what he was worth.

Throughout his career, Pippen would endorse anything and everything, assuring that the money kept flowing in. Following the end of his playing career, Pippen was involved in a number of bad business deals that left him nearly broke.

One of the notable money mistakes that Pippen made was the purchase of a $4 million Gulfstream jet in 2002. Due to a missed inspection, the jet's engine needed $1 million worth of repairs shortly after the purchase. Rather than paying that, the jet was grounded, making it the world's most expensive paper weight.

Pippen sued his attorney for the missed inspection and Monday was awarded a settlement of $2 million. He was pretty happy about it.

From the Chicago Sun-Times' Lisa Donovan:
One-time Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen dissolved in tears Monday and gasped as a Cook County jury awarded him a $2 million verdict in a jet deal that went south.

Pippen had sued two attorneys at the Chicago law firm Pedersen & Houpt for malpractice, alleging they failed to closely monitor his purchase of the jet, which was grounded only months after the 2002 purchase. [...]

"I don't want to really say anything, I'm just exhausted and tired," a red-eyed but smiling Pippen said before leaving the courthouse with wife Larsa Pippen.
You know how they say you can't have your multimillion dollar jet and eat it to? Well, tell them that they're wrong. And also that that is a weird saying.
[Former NBA stars who made it big, owe big: Rick Mahorn]

But really, this is good news. Yeah, it's kind of hard to feel bad for a guy filing lawsuits because he didn't get to use his super expensive airplane, but with all the 1990s basketball players that have been going broke these days, it's nice that something good actually happened for one of them.
[Former NBA stars who made it big, owe big: Eddy Curry]

That being said, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here. Whenever you spend $4 million on a jet, make sure it works first.

By Trey Kerby

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

ESPN's Shelley Smith also reported the pending move through independent sources.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free-agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision at 9 p.m. ET Thursday during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday afternoon, according to the source, and continue to lobby James, along with Heat president Pat Riley, to join them in Miami, despite the financial complexities involved for the Heat to make room for all three.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
insider info, friend's girlfriend's parents own nice apartment building in manhattan....

said lebron was looking at penthouses this last weekend ;)

still think he'll stay though...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Chicago or New York... for Lebron

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
insider info, friend's girlfriend's parents own nice apartment building in manhattan....

said lebron was looking at penthouses this last weekend ;)

still think he'll stay though...

I think about 1'000'000 insider infos are leaking about Lebron to Knicks atm. Don't trust any of them though have a feeling he'll announce NY.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Chicago or New York... for Lebron

I think about 1'000'000 insider infos are leaking about Lebron to Knicks atm. Don't trust any of them though have a feeling he'll announce NY.

i am willing to bet 99.9% he won't go to chicago.

NY, NJ or Cleveland. I still have hard time seeing him leave cause he's from akron and he has so much unfair pressure to 'save the city' (I mean cleveland is borderline detroit levels of unemployment and so many businesses r dependent on cavaliers drawing crowds). It's not fair he has that pressure but he does...

Nets might be best opportunity to win though. Devin Harrs is proven player, Brook lopez is rising star. They have money to sign another star (though there r none on market) and in 2012 he'll have arena in brooklyn.

Newark (where nets will play next 2 years) is less than 12 miles from manhattan.

Then again he's had this obsession with resurrecting the Knicks for like 3 years now, and quite frankly i can't blame the guy. If you had choice to play whereever you wanted, wouldn't you take it??

Eitherway he leaves i won't blame him. I blame awful cleveland management who were sittingon winning lottery ticket (Lebron) and couldn't surround him with talent. whether you think wade or kobe are better or worse than lebron, once can't deny lakers did everything to give kobe supporting cast to win, especially with a bonafide all star in Gasol. When Miami had opportunity the jumped trade for shaq who was still an all star.

Cav's vetoed a trade for Amare last february because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson :head::head::head:

edit: BTW Jasper, i heard it from girl who lives in building and saw him in person getting the tour. For what thats worth. He's also filthy rich and owns property in NYC and elsewhere anyway so it could mean nothing... just another investment opportunity

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
edit: BTW Jasper, i heard it from girl who lives in building and saw him in person getting the tour. For what thats worth. He's also filthy rich and owns property in NYC and elsewhere anyway so it could mean nothing... just another investment opportunity

Don't the prices go up when he showes his face? I remember Beckhams bought their Spain villa through shadow agents.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Don't the prices go up when he showes his face? I remember Beckhams bought their Spain villa through shadow agents.

sorta but type of places i imagine he looks at it manhattan is type of place which will never see price drop.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
lebron is announcing his decision tonight :eek:

mike brown got the boot...so please stay lebron!

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Boozer sees championship contender in Chicago

No matter that the Chicago Bulls squeaked into the playoffs last season as the Eastern Conference’s No. 8 seed with a 41-41 record. Carlos Boozer sees the makings of a potential championship team in his new NBA home.

Boozer described the Bulls as having been his top choice in a Thursday radio interview, his first public comments since leaving the Jazz and reaching agreement on a five-year, $80 million contract with Chicago.

“This is a team that’s already a very good team, made the playoffs, and I’m just trying to add to it and bring more to it, bring leadership to it, bring experience to it,” Boozer said in an interview with WMVP 1000 AM, the Bulls’ flagship station.

“And hopefully we can put our efforts together and get a championship — a couple of championships.”

The Bulls have a core of young players featuring Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah, with Boozer projected to step in as the starting power forward. “Having a chance to win a championship right away was very appealing,” Boozer said.

Boozer said he made his first free-agent visit to Chicago last Thursday, where he met with Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf, general manager Gar Foreman and vice president of basketball operations John Paxson.

“I walked away from that meeting, from those meetings, telling my agent it just felt right,” Boozer said. “It felt right to be there. I’m just happy it worked out and so happy to be part of the Bulls.”

Boozer left a team in the Jazz that finished 53-29 last season and has made four consecutive playoff appearances, including a trip to the Western Conference finals in 2007.

Although he has consistently been a 20-point, 10-rebound a game presence on offense, Boozer acknowledged some of his defensive shortcomings, calling himself “a much improved defender who has goals and aspirations of becoming a better defender.”

The Bulls are expected to emphasize defense with new coach Tom Thibodeau, the former Boston assistant. Boozer also addressed his injury history in Utah, which caused him to miss 138 games in six seasons with the Jazz.

“Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do about that,” Boozer said. “But I’m completely healthy, been healthy all last season, healthy this season, and looking forward to many, many more healthy seasons.”

The Bulls still are trying to persuade LeBron James to sign with them; Boozer said he reached out to his former Cleveland teammate in a handful of text messages. By adding James, Boozer said the Bulls could be “one of the best teams of all-time.”

“You throw LeBron in that lineup,” Boozer added of the Bulls, “and I think Kobe [Bryant] and the Lakers would be in trouble every year.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/49896885-77/boozer-bulls-championship-chicago.html.csp

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
I have to say, the man has one hell of an agent. An hour long show JUST to announce which team he will go with. Who else would get that kind of treatment.

And how much time on CNN they have given to this...

Schedule