Vincenzo Montella Thread

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Honestly, keeping miha couldn't have been any worse.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Happy he's sacked but feel worse about gattuso !

Oh well atleast we will see fire and passion !

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
Thank you Montella, but unfortunately, you were not the coach Milan deserved...not the one it needed either.

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score
my expectations weren't unrealistic

but a blind turkey could see this team was underperforming

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Did all he could with the squad at his disposal and with his philosophy. The only thing I would have done differently is play a basic 442 and play Cutrone, but Montella likes 3 man midfields, and management knew that from last season. We are missing a LW and a proper striker that would make a huge difference to his preferred style. It’s a shame really because I like his philosophy, but maybe this will allow us to salvage some points this season and start again next summer, by playing a system with 2 strikers and a back 4

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he was shit all year, I'm convinced the only reason they kept him was because of how he succeeded with a brand new fiorentina team.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
There were multiple issues and it never really got better.

We didn't have the tenacity we had last season and our players didn't seem to give a shit.

Every single player we bought played worse than they had before.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Feel like multiple orgasm when I read the news about him being sacked :d

Bye .. bye .. don't ever come back again ..

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
surely he will have his bags packed and ready for a 3 month vacation in Laos, pathong and pattaya by now yes??

DC6NyrxXcAEYFu3.jpg:small

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Linked with the Italy job.....I would like to see him implement his style of play there with possession and short passing. He has the perfect players at his disposal to play a 433 with ball playing central midfielders and wingers.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Linked with the Italy job.....I would like to see him implement his style of play there with possession and short passing. He has the perfect players at his disposal to play a 433 with ball playing central midfielders and wingers.

italy wont be in euros if montella at the helm.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official: Mister Vincenzo Montella Thread

He's just about the right profile to build a long term Italy project around.

Guys like Insigne, Verratti, Bernardeschi will thrive in his style of possession based game.

They should really go for him. We didn't have the players for that game but Italy has a generation that does and it will be great to build a project around such football.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italy would be good for him. I just hope for montellas sake that he doesn't get drawn into a midtable epl team deal, something like Everton, where he'll probably fail and his coaching profile will go down.

I realized about a month ago that this Milan side just doesn't have enough playmakers for Montella to succeed. Suso has skill but is a forward, and Hakan and Jack and more hybrid wingers than actual centermids. Kessie and biglia can pass but they won't be moving the ball through tight spaces or splitting defenses very often.

This just isn't a Montella team. Although he did well last year with a team not built for his style of play, which is why I'm disappointed. Last season, montellas strength was his ability to get players to step up and deliver when others did not. We started the season with niang playing well, Jack playing well, Suso playing well. All three of those guys had downturns, Niang left, Jack got hurt, Suso got tired. Bacca had a bad year. And Montella was always able to get someone else to step up and we had a solid season. Oh well.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Guys like Insigne, Verratti, Bernardeschi will thrive in his style of possession based game.

They should really go for him. We didn't have the players for that game but Italy has a generation that does and it will be great to build a project around such football.

Still so effusive...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Hopefully Everton will get him off our books

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Italy would be good for him. I just hope for montellas sake that he doesn't get drawn into a midtable epl team deal, something like Everton, where he'll probably fail and his coaching profile will go down.

I realized about a month ago that this Milan side just doesn't have enough playmakers for Montella to succeed. Suso has skill but is a forward, and Hakan and Jack and more hybrid wingers than actual centermids. Kessie and biglia can pass but they won't be moving the ball through tight spaces or splitting defenses very often.

This just isn't a Montella team. Although he did well last year with a team not built for his style of play, which is why I'm disappointed. Last season, montellas strength was his ability to get players to step up and deliver when others did not. We started the season with niang playing well, Jack playing well, Suso playing well. All three of those guys had downturns, Niang left, Jack got hurt, Suso got tired. Bacca had a bad year. And Montella was always able to get someone else to step up and we had a solid season. Oh well.

giphy.gif

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The best out of the last bunch of managers since we adopted the hire and fire policy.
Thank you for everything.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was the best until we gave him 200m to spend and he made things worse.

No coach since Ancelotti had a say in the market or a substantial investment.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The best out of the last bunch of managers since we adopted the hire and fire policy.
Thank you for everything.

How was he any better than Pippo?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini

not so sure tho .. last time I checked Italy linked with Carletto.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Montella only has very older woman holding thank u sign for him...not young velina
SAD!

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
As much as i dont like him being Milan's coach but i just read an article about him that when he was sacked that day, it was just typical ordinary day .. he was came to morning practice and nothing's happened before like no one called him about those things (fired etc) .. that was only in that morning one of management saw him and told him after or in the middle of morning practice that he was sacked last night.. i mean as much as i dont like him being coach for us c'mon .. what happened with Montella was so rude .. poor Montella .. I guess that morning he woke up and said positive things with his typical smile and stared at the mirror and talked to himself thats gonna be okay .. 0-0 result with Torino was nothing ... but its turned out to be his last game .. poor man .. long short story he was sacked without any notice before ... life is hard sometimes ..

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Good luck..to the next team who has to suffer trough this cunt's regime.