Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Rino is awesome but allegri is right. Should have done this after 2008

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
rino said:
“I have started again here. I carry my own bag, I clean my own boots and I change my own studs. I have to think about the small things, like a bricklayer who goes to work.

“If I forget something then I can only get mad with myself and if you tape up your ankle then you are looked at funny – because tape costs money.”

wow he is so bluecollar....a real working man's multi-millionaire footballer :D

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah keeping the senatores for so long was our biggest mistake and now we have to suffer for it because their wages burned a hole in our pocket.

Maybe we should have kept Nesta but i´m sure Allegri thought we would keep Thiago so i can´t blame him on that.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
so Al managed to drive Pirlo, Gattuso, and Nesta away... not bad

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Damn! Some shocking words from Gattuso:

"I left Milan because they became superficial. I did not enjoy being in the locker room anymore. Many of the players would arrive late to practice and no one would say anything, things I have NEVER seen in 13 years. If rules like these aren't respected, it becomes total mayhem."

Gattuso: When there was a training session @ 9:30 many got there just 10 mins beforehand + no one said anything. I got there 45mins early.

Gattuso: "Or, when there was a lunch at 1pm, some arrived 15mins late. There was a lack of respect for the rules."

Gattuso: "The situation at Milan with players arriving late angered many of the old veterans. We just spent time criticizing the people who arrived late at practice and it took away energy from our practice."

Gattuso on Gourcuff: "He was only a kid. He went out too much. He got to training late and Milan intervened 'too late'."

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

"I left Milan because they became superficial. I did not enjoy being in the locker room anymore. Many of the players would arrive late to practice and no one would say anything, things I have NEVER seen in 13 years. If rules like these aren't respected, it becomes total mayhem."

Gattuso: When there was a training session @ 9:30 many got there just 10 mins beforehand + no one said anything. I got there 45mins early.

Gattuso: "Or, when there was a lunch at 1pm, some arrived 15mins late. There was a lack of respect for the rules."

Gattuso: "The situation at Milan with players arriving late angered many of the old veterans. We just spent time criticizing the people who arrived late at practice and it took away energy from our practice."

Gattuso on Gourcuff: "He was only a kid. He went out too much. He got to training late and Milan intervened 'too late'."

A true pro :thumbsup:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
dam this cassano co.

sell him/them please

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Rino is mad because he worked 13 years to become a legend and guys like Muntari and Mesbah became legends immediately.

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

It's worrying to hear this. Probably the old players lost some authority with the younger players when they were no longer starters and Allegri were in conflict with so many of them, Nesta, Pippo, Seedorf etc, it probably affected the authority they had even though they are legends.

A while back Gattuso said in another interview that the young players now behaved in a way he would never have behaved as a junior and that even though El Shaarawy was a good kid he would talk back.

There's been so many players coming and going since Allegri took over, instead of being integrated into the group one by one they come in numbers and unfortunately it's easier for the old culture to get diluted that way.

This season Milan has gotten some apartments for the new players close to Milanello because it was a problem that the players were enjoying to much of the nightlife in the city.

There's always new stories about Boateng "not leading a footballers life" and Boa is pretty much the biggest star of the team now, Boa, Urby and Merkel was benched by Allegri in their first season for partying before a match but now Allegri is going to have a more difficult job keeping order when so many leaders have left. How much authority does Ambro, Bonera and our other senatores have when none of them are really stars or starters?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
There's always new stories about Boateng "not leading a footballers life" and Boa is pretty much the biggest star of the team now, Boa, Urby and Merkel was benched by Allegri in their first season for partying before a match but now Allegri is going to have a more difficult job keeping order when so many leaders have left. How much authority does Ambro, Bonera and our other senatores have when none of them are really stars or starters?

if the club fined and benched players for going out last season with all the senatores around...they'll fine and bench players the same way they did without all the senatores this season.

what rino says is plain...even last season the senatores had waning influence..new generation is here..

bravo allegri

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
ohoh truth spills out and now we have nobody to keep a tight leash :(

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
This guy talks WAY Too much. Just focus on FC Sion.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Rino always speaks the TRUTH thats what I like about him!

I will always miss his spirit in the team, I love his character, it is very unique in the world of football!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr_m8h8nxdR6s1rw5ja7o1_500.jpg

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Allegri :thumbsdown:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
559101_343963062354071_1138231814_n.jpg

Meanwhile, Lausanne Sports 0 - 2 Sion :thumbsup:

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
Since Gennaro Gattuso arrival : 5 wins, 1 draw, 0 loss
Goals For : 10 Goals Against : 1
#BOSS :eek:

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
Gattuso talks Milan, Cassano, Kaka and more
GENNARO GATTUSO says he misses Milan a lot and hopes Kaka returns to wearing red and black.-rossoneriblog.com

Milan are going through massive changes this summer. After saying goodbye to legends like Alessandro Nesta, Clarence Seedorf, Gennaro Gattuso and Filippo Inzaghi, Milan have sold a number of players.

It will not be an easy season for Milan and coach Massimiliano Allegri has already admitted Milan will be fighting for 2nd or 3rd place. Gattuso backs the management and says he misses Milan a lot even now.

“It was painful to leave Milan, but there came a point where I could see that things were not going as I wanted and I didn’t say anything,” Gattuso told Sky Italia. “I felt that I had given everything, I needed a change of scenery. I miss Milan a lot, it’s normal that I miss them. I was living a dream for 13 years at Milan.

“Believe me when I say that I can’t even watch Milan play; I get a stomach ache and I’ve to change the channel – it’s stronger than me. I chose FC Sion because I still want to play football. This is a different reality, the football is real – for 13 years I was playing another sport at Milan. I leave home at 8 in the morning and return at 8 in the evening. There are many young players and I can give my contribution here.

“I’ve rediscovered the pleasure of football, I feel like when I was 18; I have a stomach ache before games, I’m looking forward to Sunday and this makes me proud, because it means I still have a great desire.”

Gattuso is one of the double-digit number of first team players that have left Milan this summer with the latest being Antonio Cassano who goes to Inter in exchange for Giampaolo Pazzini. “I think Cassano had decided a long time ago that he wants to leave. When he was with Italy and spoke you could see he wanted to leave. Even if I had stayed I think he’d go!” added the former Milan midfielder and Sion’s new number 8.

“Kaka? I hope he arrives, for both Milan and the player. Kaka needs to train in a certain way because I think that he needs to be in a good physical condition to be at his best level and perhaps in Spain they skip certain drills. The change of Milan’s direction? I think it was only right to sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva for that figure. It’s better giving two players than firing one thousand employees of Mediaset.”

Gattuso continues his life at Milan but already said he hopes to return one day as the boss of the Rossoneri. Rino played a very important part for 13 years at Milan but Milan are certainly revolutionizing.

Fiero

Reaction score
I miss this man so much. Something's just not right when that short bastard isn't on the pitch running after every ball, shoving every opponent, yelling at every ref... there's only one Rino. The biggest regret is that damned injury which made him virtually miss all of last season, I feel cheated out of one last proper season with Rino... he just had that freakish eye injury on the season opener with Lazio then fast forward 7 months later and he's saying goodbye to the curva, it's not fair. We only got to witness him vs Chievo and then Novara in the farewell match. It's not right. We should have had one last full season with Gattuso, or better yet he should have stayed forever. :cry:

Schedule