Coppa Italia Quarter Finals: Inter - Milan 26/01/2021 20:45 CET

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Let’s move on from the Atalanta fiasco, I’m not that interested in the coppa italia this season but since its the Merda, let’s just kick their ass shall we? Make a statement. League and Europa League is priority sure, but owning Inter, even here would be satisfying..

Probable lineup

Tatarusanu
Dalot - Mussachio - Romagnoli - Hernandez
Krunic - Kessie
Saelemaekers - Diaz - Rebic
Mandzukic

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Go go go.

Every match with Tata is a win.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Please win !!!
I want pioli to field our strongest possible starting 11

Last edited:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Would rather see Tomori than Musacchio.

Also, Meite over Krunic.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Want to win just because it's Inter. I get fighting for every competition, but Serie A has to be the priority.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up according to **********:

Tatarusano; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
"The Croatian inside from the first minute in the derby?" Headlines La Gazzetta dello Sport on Mario Mandzukic.

Ibra calls Mario and for the derby it can be a likely solution. Yesterday the two did not train as a couple (Zlatan was in the gym like the veterans of the match, Mandzukic struggling on the pitch) but the feeling is that it takes very little to find the right alchemy. You don't need so many words, that there won't be. The two can understand each other and coexist: Zlatan acting as center forward, or as an offensive play, and Mandzukic more moved to the side. A solution that the former Juventus player knows: it was in Juventus that he built a part of his career as a winger, when the center of the area was left to Higuain or Ronaldo. The last time he challenged Inter, December 2018, he played from the left wing: Allegri left Ronaldo in the middle and entrusted the other side to Cuadrado. In addition to the tactical disposition, Pioli is also convinced by the athletic and managerial aspect. After the experience in Qatar, which ended last July, Mario showed up at Milanello in excellent shape. The final twenty minutes on Saturday against Atalanta prove it: he was the only Rossoneri to find the opponent's goal. Two shots in the mirror (rejected), but also two tackles won, two aerial duels in which he prevailed, two balls recovered, one intercepted.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable line-up according to **********:

Tatarusano; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

Conte basically said he's not challenging for Coppa Italia, so he'll play his B team most likely. We're going for it? Even if we are, there's no way Kjaer is playing this. He needs to rest.

I think there's going to be a bit more turnover: Tata, Dalot, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo, Kessie, Tonali, Saelemaekers, Brahim, Rebic, Ibra

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"The Croatian inside from the first minute in the derby?" Headlines La Gazzetta dello Sport on Mario Mandzukic.

Ibra calls Mario and for the derby it can be a likely solution. Yesterday the two did not train as a couple (Zlatan was in the gym like the veterans of the match, Mandzukic struggling on the pitch) but the feeling is that it takes very little to find the right alchemy. You don't need so many words, that there won't be. The two can understand each other and coexist: Zlatan acting as center forward, or as an offensive play, and Mandzukic more moved to the side. A solution that the former Juventus player knows: it was in Juventus that he built a part of his career as a winger, when the center of the area was left to Higuain or Ronaldo. The last time he challenged Inter, December 2018, he played from the left wing: Allegri left Ronaldo in the middle and entrusted the other side to Cuadrado. In addition to the tactical disposition, Pioli is also convinced by the athletic and managerial aspect. After the experience in Qatar, which ended last July, Mario showed up at Milanello in excellent shape. The final twenty minutes on Saturday against Atalanta prove it: he was the only Rossoneri to find the opponent's goal. Two shots in the mirror (rejected), but also two tackles won, two aerial duels in which he prevailed, two balls recovered, one intercepted.

I wonder if Pioli's been discussing with Mandzukic if he can play the RW role against weaker teams. The drawback of using Saelemaekers and Castillejo is that they're not a presence in the box. They track back and press and cover a lot of ground, but they're useless close to goal. Mandzukic can do some of the pressing, and can track back a bit, but he's going to be such a huge difference to them attacking the far post for example, or pulling defenders away from Ibra, basically doing what Rebic is doing on the left.

We'll be unbalanced a bit but that's a risk we can take early on against teams that cede the game to us, and with someone like Tomori able to cover the space behind on counters, we can be a bit safer.

Either that, or we throw him on late in the game on the right when we need a goal and do the same thing, that's probably a safer option.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Conte basically said he's not challenging for Coppa Italia, so he'll play his B team most likely. We're going for it? Even if we are, there's no way Kjaer is playing this. He needs to rest.

I think there's going to be a bit more turnover: Tata, Dalot, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo, Kessie, Tonali, Saelemaekers, Brahim, Rebic, Ibra

:lol::lol:
sure he is not - 3/4 additional games in coppa could ruin his season
better play once per week, especially when he prioritized serieA over ucl also and let team get 4th spot there.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hope we make a statement and do everything we can to win this game. Including fielding the best possible XI.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Today newspapers report that there will be little turnover with not big changes. Lukaku is apparently starting too.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Valeri will officiate

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I would rest our entire team.
Tomo , Madz & Meite got to play.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would rest our entire team.
Tomo , Madz & Meite got to play.

I'm not sure if Mandzukic can start already, but you're right this is the best game to see if Meite can sufficiently stand in for Kessie. Tomori should definitely start to rest Kjaer. No point giving more minutes to Musacchio.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
#Sky Probable line-up:

Tatarusanu; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Meite, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao; Ibrahimovic.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully this

Mandzukic
Rebic - Diaz - Saele
Meite - Tonali/Kessie
Theo - Romagnoli - Tomori - Dalot
Tata​

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Mandzukic can start already, but you're right this is the best game to see if Meite can sufficiently stand in for Kessie. Tomori should definitely start to rest Kjaer. No point giving more minutes to Musacchio.

Nice. Pioli is going for it.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I hope we make a statement and do everything we can to win this game. Including fielding the best possible XI.

Meh.. winning this means we ll have to play 2 games vs juve in the semis

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh.. winning this means we ll have to play 2 games vs juve in the semis

That's what I hate the most about Coppa.
Why would they keep the 2 semifinal legs even with this congested schedule during a pandemic without home and away crowds? Just pick a neutral ground like last year's CL.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
That's what I hate the most about Coppa.
Why would they keep the 2 semifinal legs even with this congested schedule during a pandemic without home and away crowds? Just pick a neutral ground like last year's CL.

Id much rather inter playing juve 2 times in semis while we keep winning in the league

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bet im not the only one. 2 games vs juve in this schedule dont seem too tasty

I agree with the sentiment itself, but we're a team who will fight to win on all fronts regardless.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Exactly pingu
I remember napoli sacrificing all other tournaments and still coming second in serie a.

We should stay away from that dickless mentality

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
imagine playing a game to not give your all

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Exactly pingu
I remember napoli sacrificing all other tournaments and still coming second in serie a.

We should stay away from that dickless mentality

Just like Inter sacrificing CL by finishing last - imagine they don't win the league :lol: :lol: :lol: