Week 24: Roma - Milan 28/02/2021 20:45 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao should be starting against Roma's slow full backs. He had a field day in the reverse fixture and is undoubtedly more confident than Rebic at the moment.

Since when is Rebic slow?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to Cristante - Ibra. Should be fun.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
It sends a really great message to the team if Romagnoli is benched. It shows everyone that bad performances isn't accepted, not even from the captain.

That's the culture we should have.

Truth. I love Pioli if this is true

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Took a couple games but Pioli has cojones. Maybe he thought Romagnoli in the EL game could get himself out of the rut after a few bad games where he was at fault for goals. My main hope of this is that Romagnoli as captain realizes finally he has to step up and perform. Lead the team.

I do believe there was also pressure from high above tho. Romagnoli (and not only him of course, but it's one of the reasons) indirectly puts a few positions at stake in the management.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
We need a statement win. I want to enjoy my Milan again. The past 2 weeks were horror.
Alle eyes on Zlatan.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Pioli continues to surprise me. Surely any Italian coach would've started Romagnoli in this fixture. His courage to drop him for Tomori is awe-inspiring.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still don?t think Pioli needs to go for an overhaul or a big shift in approach. That kind of reactionary thinking has been a problem at this club for years, and honestly the fickle fans on here are annoying and part of the problem. Especially with a young team who the entire season the management has been claiming their goal is top 4. Sometimes you have to play your way back into form. Anyone who?s actually played real sports before knows that.

And before someone comes at me with some dumb shit, I am not saying Pioli would be stupid to make adjustments when necessary. I am not saying that certain players cannot or should not be benched either if their performances are bad, regardless of their status. They are in a rut, everybody knows it and they have to find a way out.

What I am saying is that a super knee jerk reaction to blow up the team and start from scratch, which a lot of you want, is not the right way to go. We have played the youngest line up in Europe multiple times in the past year, this team right now needs consistency and they need to play how they know. With the second half of last season and the first half of this one, Milan put together basically an entire season worth of good performances, enough that if the timeline was a bit different we could be champions. The players you all keep bitching about were on the field, playing well, beating big teams. They don?t have to prove themselves again after a few bad games. Tactics are one thing but execution is another. We have missed chances that for a good 12 months we were scoring. The chances haven?t entirely gone away, just the execution has. Every time a team loses it doesn?t mean the tactical approach was wrong, maybe the players missed shots they should have made or failed to press certain players according to the game plan.

Pioli and the players should relax and cut out the outside noise. Play their game and trust in themselves, play the lineup we saw decimate teams for a year. Mentality, fatigue and simple execution are the issues right now. Not the tactical approach or lineup.

:thumbsup:
In the past, Silvio would've fired Pioli as soon as he lost a game using 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-1-2.
I'm glad it's in the past now, but it seems there are a lot of bb-ilanisti still stuck in that age.

I think the problems of late is much bigger than wastefulness. The team is incohesive and lacking chemistry all over the pitch. The front 4, the mids, the back-4 all look like they're playing together for the first time. And they pretty much are. Tonight we'll see the 8th CB pair since December, if Tomori-Kjaer starts as rumoured.
We have a new front 4 and CM duo in every game. Dalot switches between flanks.

What we need right now more than anything else is stability and continuity.
Same lineup, same familiar system - priority given to those that are already familiar with eachother, familiar with our strategy. Rebic over Leao on those grounds.
This was probably the reasoning behind fielding Kjaer-Romagnoli against Inter, but Ale is just way too poor at the moment.

I really like the probable lineup. I'm not sure it will work tonight. A lot of these players have been off form lately. But I think they will be the ones bringing us out of this slump eventually.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:lol::lol: I think it was Buske... may once again tomorrow we're in a position to shout "we beat Roma tho" :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Pioli continues to surprise me. Surely any Italian coach would've started Romagnoli in this fixture. His courage to drop him for Tomori is awe-inspiring.

lol brah

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Calling a 4-0 win

2 Rebic; 1 Ibra; 1 someone else (Theo/Calabria maybe)

Let's go boyz!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
EvVWIBMWQAIkObX

Bench: A. Donnarumma, Tătărușanu, Dalot, Gabbia, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Castillejo, D?az, Hauge, Krunić, Me?te, Le?o.

Official Roma XI (3-4-2-1): Lopez; Mancini, Cristante, Fazio; Karsdorp, Villar, Veretout, Spinazzola; Pellegrini, Mkhitaryan; Mayoral.
Bench: Mirante, Fuzato, Juan Jesus, Kumbulla, Bruno Peres, Pastore, Diawara, Pedro, Carles Perez, El Shaarawy.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
EvVWIBMWQAIkObX

Bench: A. Donnarumma, Tătărușanu, Dalot, Gabbia, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Castillejo, D?az, Hauge, Krunić, Me?te, Le?o.

Official Roma XI (3-4-2-1): Lopez; Mancini, Cristante, Fazio; Karsdorp, Villar, Veretout, Spinazzola; Pellegrini, Mkhitaryan; Mayoral.
Bench: Mirante, Fuzato, Juan Jesus, Kumbulla, Bruno Peres, Pastore, Diawara, Pedro, Carles Perez, El Shaarawy.

There it is - no excuses
Hope everyone gives their all and we find back that edge to rip teams

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
EvVWIBMWQAIkObX

yesssss

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Great first XI. No alibis!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
EvVWIBMWQAIkObX

Dayum
Now let us hope they perform the way we expect them to

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
2020 Rebic & Calhanoglu pls.
2020 Milan pls.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Kinda surprised Pioli has gone with Rebic after his perrformance on thursday night.

Yeah Rebic was awful but I still think its better to start him as we know the effort and edge will be there.
Also counterintuitively I believe we should always start Leao because you will know in five minutes what you are going to get out of him and plan subs accordingly :lol::lol:

I think this is our best available starting lineup at the moment and hope to see Leao and Brahim come on later. Really hope the defensive duo works so Romagnoli has to force his way back and we dont have any terrible mistakes which force Pioli to revert prematurely.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score
Tomori-Kjaer - good, Slowmanioli need a rest and think about his last performances, especially derby one.
tbh - i think guy isnt in a full form after summer/autumn 3 month injury.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Kinda surprised Pioli has gone with Rebic after his perrformance on thursday night.

Everybody knows it's a problem of lack of consistent play due to injuries/Covid and such. We need him to get back to his old self and you do that through playing.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Lets 3 punti no blagada.

Schedule