The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:01   #9521
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Italian Football Thread III

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
Skriniar has easily been Inter's best player this season. By a distance. And so far the best CB in Serie A this season. One of the few positives we Inter fans can take from this season.
He hasnít been better than romagnoli this season let alone chiellini and koulibally
Qaas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:08   #9522
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Spalletti has snapped. He's putting this entirely on the board.

https://www.football-italia.net/1184...-improve-inter
https://www.football-italia.net/1184...t-have-quality

Signature
Rino Reign
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:29   #9523
scarecrows
AC Milan Icon

really snapped

surprised to see an experienced coach making such comments at this point of the season

Signature
scarecrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:05   #9524
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Well the way he handled the Roma-Totti situation was equally poor. He's becoming quite the grumpy loose cannon.

Very few expected Inter to get even 1 point yesterday - a draw is not all that bad a result for them. Still he made these comments - implies there are more issues in the background. Possibly lack of access to Suning, promises not kept during winter mercato etc.

Signature
Rino Reign
Old 12-03-2018, 10:15   #9525
IL Diavolo 3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
He hasnít been better than romagnoli this season let alone chiellini and koulibally

Koulibally was utter shit last night, Chiellini gets away with so much shit.

I still canít understand why skrinar is a football player. So much hype but he rarely makes mistakes.

The solid defence isnít up to him, itís up to the coward who plays with two defensive lines against small teams. He only cleans up, nothing spectacular really. Murillo 2.0.

Stop putting Romagnoli in the same sentence with noobs. Heís the real heir of elite Italian defenders(nests &Maldini).
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:19   #9526
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:11   #9527
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:

Old 12-03-2018, 11:25   #9528
van Basten
Banned

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

https://www.football-italia.net/1184...struggle-inter

Quote:
ďWould I coach Italy? I wouldnít, and itís not because I donít feel the passion for the country but rather that there are great Coaches in Italy, so thereís no need for a foreign one.Ē
I'm not even fucking around here, he wud be the perfect Italy coach. Pls sign him
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 13:05   #9529
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
Napoli got knocked out in every competition just they can lose this one as well

This

Serie A table:

4th Lazio with 53 points
5th Inter with 52 points
6h Milan with 47 points
7th Samp with 44 points

Not only did we close the gap considerably on CL places, we have a nice advantage over Samp for EL places as well.

This was a good round

Last edited by Az.; 12-03-2018 at 13:08.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 13:10   #9530
The Bear
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
https://www.football-italia.net/1184...struggle-inter

I'm not even fucking around here, he wud be the perfect Italy coach. Pls sign him
Mourinho is finished. Backwards coach that belongs to the 2000s.

This is the era of guys like Pep, Conte, Allegri. No place for old school catenaccio Jose.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 13:11   #9531
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Donnarumma Locatelli

lets be honest
napoli is playing interesting football but they dont really have enough quality in attack to be serious team in europe. Attack callejon-mertens-insigne is just joke from top teams perspective.

Signature
"I want to sell, but I have to do it in a way that puts Milan in stable and secure hands. If I sell Milan, it will only be so the club can continue its glorious history."
VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 15:09   #9532
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Brozovic denies Wanda Nara affair allegations

Oh Icardi my Icardi..

Signature
Rino Reign
Old 12-03-2018, 15:36   #9533
van Basten
Banned

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:

Oh Icardi my Icardi..
I'm happy for Maxi Lopez a little
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 15:51   #9534
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:

Oh Icardi my Icardi..
???

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 16:03   #9535
necromancer
Defence of Champions

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-...71355835.shtml

Signature
Rino Reign
Old 12-03-2018, 17:27   #9536
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Default Italian Football Thread III

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
lets be honest

napoli is playing interesting football but they dont really have enough quality in attack to be serious team in europe. Attack callejon-mertens-insigne is just joke from top teams perspective.

They donít have a complete striker a la suarez, lewandowski.. one who you can cross to. They donít have plan b and if you play a good defensive match like inter did yesterday, you can shut them down.. they kinda remind me of the LATE barca tiki taka era with messi as false 9. A lot of teams used to park the bus against them and mostly came out with a point
Old 12-03-2018, 17:39   #9537
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsonoqui View Post
He's a fine coach, whose Napoli team is easy on the eye.

My gripe was more that whenever there has been a key game in recent memory involving Napoli, they have fluffed their lines (Bilbao, key games against Juve, Dnipro, Roma etc.).

And that is not only Sarri's failing (Benitez was in charge against Bilbao, for example) but also the club's. ADL sets the tone when he privileges one tournament over the other, which I think has harmed Napoli more that it has helped them.

I have reservations about Sarri the psychologist, motivator, or trascinatore. I am not suggesting that a tub-thumper is what is necessarily required, but Napoli look really unprepared sometimes. The capitulation to Leipzig at the San Paolo was particularly disappointing, albeit predictable.

There was no excuse for Napoli to fold like they did against Roma either. I thought that was pretty bizarre especially when you consider there had been no European exertion a few days earlier. Had they won, they would have gone 7 points ahead of Juve, and Juve would have to play their game in hand with a lot more pressure.

And speaking of Roma, when they won the Scudetto last in 2001, Capello managed all aspects of the team well. You need that type of coach sometimes to break the mould at a club, especially a club like Napoli or Roma, where the organizational structure isn't as sound as Milan or Juve. I think back, for example, to that 2-2 against Juventus in the 2000/01 season, when Nakata scored that bullet from long-range. Roma were down 2-0 at one point, and it looked pretty grim.

Sure, it helps when you have players like Batistuta, Totti, Montella etc. but Napoli also have a lot of quality, and some players are playing beyond themselves--I'd be curious to see how Ghoulam and Callejon fare outside of this Napoli, for example.

I am not suggesting Capello is an awesome coach, or that Sarri isn't; more, I have doubts about whether Sarri can finish the job.

If you're asking whether I would like Sarri at Milan, then I would have to say no.

thanks for ur time
Old 12-03-2018, 19:25   #9538
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

Out of the 11 games we have to play in Serie A, 7 of them are going to be at home.

Hopefully, that helps us

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 19:47   #9539
Dwayne_YB
Pablo

Fav. Players: Fellaini, Ibra, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Batistuta, Beckham Berlusconi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Mourinho is finished. Backwards coach that belongs to the 2000s.

This is the era of guys like Pep, Conte, Allegri. No place for old school catenaccio Jose.
Allegri is just as defensive as Morinho. It's actually an insult putting Allegri in the same sentence as Pep. Agreed, no place for old school catenaccio in CL football. That's why Allegri will never win a CL in his lifetime

Signature
Pep Guardiola = GOAT
Dwayne_YB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 21:03   #9540
AC_Wesley
°YA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
This

Serie A table:

4th Lazio with 53 points
5th Inter with 52 points
6h Milan with 47 points
7th Samp with 44 points

Not only did we close the gap considerably on CL places, we have a nice advantage over Samp for EL places as well.

This was a good round
Amen Samp beat Inter and Milan beat Chievo next week. Enabling us to pass Inter by winning the derby.

Quote:

Oh Icardi my Icardi..
There is a beautiful life lesson we can all take from this.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote