Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Valencia trailing Bilbao by a single goal away from home.

Im not surprised. our away form has been VERY average this season, and with a second string side (almost third due to the injuries to our first string side), there isny much.
weve got Curro torres, pallardo, viana, and jorge lopez playing. I dont mind though. Unlike milan i really think Valencia have a chance at making it to the next round in CL, and im all for resting important players in this game.

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R99, dinho, Cafu, dida, kaka, all brazilians, CR7, Ferdinand, Giggsy, Rooney, Zairi, Manutd
radioactivenerd said:
Im not surprised. our away form has been VERY average this season, and with a second string side (almost third due to the injuries to our first string side), there isny much.
weve got Curro torres, pallardo, viana, and jorge lopez playing. I dont mind though. Unlike milan i really think Valencia have a chance at making it to the next round in CL, and im all for resting important players in this game.
wow...the barca ....zaragoza game was probably very h-o-t...lolz
the referee. got tired of giving yellow cards....including ma beloved dinho.......he started giving out gift cards......

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:
wow...the barca ....zaragoza game was probably very h-o-t...lolz
the referee. got tired of giving yellow cards....including ma beloved dinho.......he started giving out gift cards......

dinho sucks.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Militooooo!!! top goalscorer!!
bad day for ronnie

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Even Barca lost ...LOLOLOLLOL!!

If only Inter also lost instead of drawing .. it would have been perfect, but oh well..

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
great job today by real madrid.

this victory took them to the title re-entry. ;)

Rex

Reaction score
But that result remains Don Fabio's job unsecured. Kick him out of Bernabeu would've been pleasing Il Presidente though.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
this league is getting WAY too close for comfort.
the top 5-6 teams ALL deserve cl football next season.
my pick for the four:
barca,sevilla,valencia,zaragoza.
both madrids to play in uefa.
i doubt that will happen, but there are a LOT of huge games coming up - valencia madrd, valencia sevilla, madrid sevilla.
I just hope the CL doesnt jeopardize our chances of getting 4th place.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Getafe's German coach Bernd Schuster has signed a pre-contract agreement to become Real Madrid's coach next season, according to reports.

Schuster had an oral agreement with Real president Ramón Calderón but German news agency DPA report the former Real Madrid now has a signed deal that states he will take over from 1 July 2007.

If Real decide not to appoint Schuster as Fabio Capello's successor the former German international will receive €1m. Conversely, if Schuster decides not to rejoin the club where he spent some of his most glorious years as a player he will have to shell out €1m.

Schuster, who was a flamboyant playmaker for both Barcelona and Real Madrid, has forged one of the best defenses in spain at Getafe and his knowledge of La Liga has him ahead of other candidates such as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and Russia coach Guus Hiddink.

--EspnSoccernet.com

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Didn't flamboyant Schuster get his ass whipped by the great 89-90 Milan side? A. beat him then ... he'll beat him again :devil:

Rex

Reaction score
Barcelona should keep an eye on their arch-rival El Real who the latter side are getting better to clinch strong results + aside from mentality has seemed been cured day by day, current 2 points deficit would've been surpassed if Los Blanchos play consistently, started with the away game vs Santander is a must win game. Can Madrid keep that momentum ?

Elsewhere, Blaugrana host Mallorca. Zaragoza syndrom might cost them if the early game-plan aren't in the right cards while Sevilla and Madrid are ready to set taking over Barca's top standings. I believe Rijkaard won't see that happens.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any article that includes the phrase "pre-contract agreement" is pretty much BS.

Anyway, Schuster yesterday pooh-poohed any story that linked him with Madrid.

Rex

Reaction score
Hey, I got an update news. :)

Celta's Fernando Vazquez sacked. As the replacement, the former Blaugrana star, Bulgarian Hristo Stoichkov fills in the spot.

Question mark. Can he manage to avoid the team from relegation zone ?^^What a tough energy to spend.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
VALENCIAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Villa slots in another one!!! :D
and canizares with a sick SICK penalty save!!!!
take that sevilla!!!

Last edited:

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Oddo, Gourcuff
whats the score? wanted sevilla to win

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The guy from Mallorca that lost the pk vs Barcelona today...that was one of the worse taken pk's I've seen in years (since around the 2003 Intercontinental final).

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gj3 said:
whats the score? wanted sevilla to win
HA.
The score was a 2-0 for Valencia. Villa scoring in the 27th after a one-two with Marchena, and then with a penalty.
Canizares had a great penalty save too.
We playw ell against good teams, but we struggle to beat the smaller teams. Although the whole 'Absorb pressure and then break at speed' theory is working pretty this season, it means we dont have much of a game of our own. Since Aimar left, we dont really have a creative attacking midfielder that CREATES a game for us. Having Villa being one of the sole creative AND finishing strikers isnt really enough. Silva can fill Aimars boots, but is primarily employed as a winger or a support striker, not a 'hole' player like Aimar was.

2 Def mids, 2 wingers always lie in wait for teh break.
EVen though this team is doing better than the team with Aimar last season, thats my only slight complaint with Flores's tactics.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so was it a good game?
I couldn't watch it cause I was watching River vs bosta jrs... not a good game...
when my brotehr changed the channel I first exclaimed VALENCIA!!! WOHOO!! but then I noticed that Sevilla was the one losing... damn, I prefer Valencia, but I don't want Barcelona and R Madrid to get a clear path to the trophy... but oh well

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vani_pirlo_21 said:
so was it a good game?
I couldn't watch it cause I was watching River vs bosta jrs... not a good game...
when my brotehr changed the channel I first exclaimed VALENCIA!!! WOHOO!! but then I noticed that Sevilla was the one losing... damn, I prefer Valencia, but I don't want Barcelona and R Madrid to get a clear path to the trophy... but oh well
yeah i was swtiching mack and forth between the Bosta-River game as well. Bocas first goal was actually well taken, but with some help from our defence...what was Rivers goal like?
Expectations were high this season for River - where do you think theyve failed? Passarella, or just Boca having someone like Riquelme on their books?

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
yeah i was swtiching mack and forth between the Bosta-River game as well. Bocas first goal was actually well taken, but with some help from our defence...what was Rivers goal like?
Expectations were high this season for River - where do you think theyve failed? Passarella, or just Boca having someone like Riquelme on their books?

I was too nervous to change it... my bro's a bosta fan so there was pressure...
that goal was a really bad mistake, they left Ledesma alone (who had a great 1st half, real threat)... Rosales scored River's, a through ball from Rubén and then he shot from a quite tight angle (it was actually deflected a bit by the defender).. then Rubén missed 2 clear chances :head: which I'm sure Farías would have scored...
the problem has been that without Gallardo, we're missing the trequartista, cause Belluschi isn't one, he's a midfielder that follows the play but doesn't create the play... that and he's not well, he missed most passes and lost the ball quite easily... another problem is the lack of scoring, there are chances but somehow the strikers don't score and stuff like that... the defence doesn't seem to finish becoming strong and solid, although Tuzzio is great... I also think it's a matter of lack of ambition or intention from the player... the constant change of players might also be something to do with this...
the good thing is that we have a game in hand and if we win that one, we will be 5 points from San Lorenzo (who's leader mostly thanks to La Gata:rolleyes:) and 3 from bosta...
a good point: Carrizo was incredible and Augusto Fernandez is showing his class
Some people say Passarella should leave... but who can deal with this? there's no one I can name that can deal with this

sorry for being off topic lol

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vani_pirlo_21 said:
I was too nervous to change it... my bro's a bosta fan so there was pressure...
that goal was a really bad mistake, they left Ledesma alone (who had a great 1st half, real threat)... Rosales scored River's, a through ball from Rubén and then he shot from a quite tight angle (it was actually deflected a bit by the defender).. then Rubén missed 2 clear chances :head: which I'm sure Farías would have scored...
the problem has been that without Gallardo, we're missing the trequartista
Well a 1-1 draw at Boca isnt too bad. Hopefully we can beat them at the Monumental.
Why are Gallardo and Farias not playing? Are they long term injuries?
vani_pirlo_21 said:
another problem is the lack of scoring, there are chances but somehow the strikers don't score and stuff like that...
I really think we should have kept Higuain for another season or two. Selling him to Real Madrid at just 18 probably wasnt the best thing for his development. And we couldve gotten two more seasons good seasons out of him at River, specially if we are missing a finisher.

vani_pirlo_21 said:
the defence doesn't seem to finish becoming strong and solid, although Tuzzio is great... I also think it's a matter of lack of ambition or intention from the player... the constant change of players might also be something to do with this...
the good thing is that we have a game in hand and if we win that one, we will be 5 points from San Lorenzo (who's leader mostly thanks to La Gata:rolleyes:) and 3 from bosta...
I really was not expecting Bosta to do much this sseason, till Riquelme joined them. Having a player like riquelme is defintely going to help them. Simeone seems to have some good managerial skills at Estudiantes - along with Veron i think? That team looks pretty solid too.[/QUOTE]
vani_pirlo_21 said:
a good point: Carrizo was incredible and Augusto Fernandez is showing his class
I have never seen Carrizo or Ustari play, but I hear theyre the next Abbondanzieri and Franco. Is there a place I can see videos or weekly roundup of the league? I dont get to see ANYTHING in america. Makes supporting River pretty hard.:(

vani_pirlo_21 said:
sorry for being off topic lol
Well we can never really discuss the Argentine league properly. I'm hoping the mods will let this small digression fly.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
Well a 1-1 draw at Boca isnt too bad. Hopefully we can beat them at the Monumental.

Why are Gallardo and Farias not playing? Are they long term injuries?

I really think we should have kept Higuain for another season or two. Selling him to Real Madrid at just 18 probably wasnt the best thing for his development. And we couldve gotten two more seasons good seasons out of him at River, specially if we are missing a finisher.

I really was not expecting Bosta to do much this sseason, till Riquelme joined them. Having a player like riquelme is defintely going to help them. Simeone seems to have some good managerial skills at Estudiantes - along with Veron i think? That team looks pretty solid too.
I have never seen Carrizo or Ustari play, but I hear theyre the next Abbondanzieri and Franco. Is there a place I can see videos or weekly roundup of the league? I dont get to see ANYTHING in america. Makes supporting River pretty hard.:(

Well we can never really discuss the Argentine league properly. I'm hoping the mods will let this small digression fly.

We have achieved 6 games without losing to them, including Oct 10, 2006 3-1 win at Monumental ;)

Gallardo is at PSG... and Farías will be injured for 2 or 3 more weeks :(

I agree about Higuaín... but we also shouldn't have let Montenegro go to Independiente (not sure if he was sold, hope not)

Estudiantes won the last league playing great football and they're quite good this tournament... they've already sold Sosa to Bayern Munich :rolleyes:
Carrizo and Ustari IMHO are way better than Franco and Abondanzieri... specially Ustari
try ESPN Deportes, Fox Sporta Latinamerica, Youtube (CatrachoMillonario), cariverplate.com... I left some videos on the Copa America thread...
there's a thread about the league... :tongue:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
goodbye,Maradona!!!!!!!!!!!!! :proud:

please pass your crown :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
that is the fucking reincarnation of maradona!!!!!! almost exactly the same as *that* goal.
WOW. I had heard about this goal but just saw it. Thank you jasper!
Spend that fucking 100m euros on Messi if anyone!

ForzaAdriano3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, ,Nesta, Maldini, Terry, Kaka, Rino, Adu
radioactivenerd said:
that is the fucking reincarnation of maradona!!!!!! almost exactly the same as *that* goal.
WOW. I had heard about this goal but just saw it. Thank you jasper!
Spend that fucking 100m euros on Messi if anyone!

i toally agree with you

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
if Maradona sees that goal... he will know that his legacy will finally continue... after numerous other pretenders have come & gone...

and the next step is for Messi to come to an Adidas sponsored Italian club... in the country where Maradona considered as his own (Naples to be more specific)...

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besi said:
:eek: .. Wohooo .. Messii !! Amazing.. I think they wont care at all if Ronaldinho comes to Milan..!

yep... :o