Another death

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Yesterday, Cristiano Lima Junior, brasilian striker that used to play in India, died in the field after a colision with the opponent's gk. His team mates tried to help him since the doctors were taking too long, but he got in the hospital already dead. Junior was the best striker of the league last year, and scored the 2 goals of his team yesterday... in the second one, the ball got into the goal just after the collision.

I can't believe it's happening again... FIFA should ask the teams to make check-ups in all their players.

R.I.P.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
R.I.P.

There isnt really anything FIFA can do. Death happens.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
This sport is growing on levels year by year, it's tougher, it's harder, you gotta give it all on the field.
Some players cannot take that kind of tempo!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I dont think ts anything to do with not being able to take the tempo of the game..........i think its players taking drugs so they cant feel the fatigue they would normally feel after a long match. This means they just keep on running and running and running until the heart cant take it anymore - then they drop.

Thats what happened with Marc Vivien Foe a couple of years ago, so i dont see the difference between the deaths that are occuring now. Hopefully this is the last we will hear of it.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Pretty stupid playing football in India.

guimaldini said:
Yesterday, Cristiano Lima Junior, brasilian striker that used to play in India, died in the field after a colision with the opponent's gk. His team mates tried to help him since the doctors were taking too long, but he got in the hospital already dead. Junior was the best striker of the league last year, and scored the 2 goals of his team yesterday... in the second one, the ball got into the goal just after the collision.

I can't believe it's happening again... FIFA should ask the teams to make check-ups in all their players.

R.I.P.
I heard the kepper punched him or knocked him on purpose? true?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
medical staff should really check the conditions of players regulary to prevent such tradgity... i guess Gattuso had a point about the no. of games played

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
medical staff should really check the conditions of players regulary to prevent such tradgity
Not really.

Its just stupid to play football in India.

What is the average temp during the day? 45* ?

:head:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Melbourne said:
Not really.

Its just stupid to play football in India.

What is the average temp during the day? 45* ?

:head:

Dude its happened other places other than India... and how do you know it was caused by the conditions ppl play cricket there in the sun for hrs

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Dude its happened other places other than India... and how do you know it was caused by the conditions ppl play cricket there in the sun for hrs
Maybe so but to be playing football in in temps nearng 50* is asking for trouble.

Skippy

Beginner
Reaction score
Its strange that lately lots of players died on the soccer grounds. My theory is that there has to be some kind of drugs used cos u cant collapse just like that and die. What do u reckon guys?

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think its just the amount of people playing soccer some are bound to have bad hearts etc.

Sadly its going to happen and not preventable.

In Australia the main sport is Australian Football, AFL. At half time the let the kids on, under 12's or something. Eariler this year a 11 year old died of a sudden heart attack.

Very sad. :cry:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well I can't belive that this happened again :( I'm realy saddened by this tragic event!I saw this on tv.The guy scored a goal and than just colapsed.Well I really don't know what to say.Hey guys remember that guy Serginho that died on the field in Brazil,I think that he played for Sao Caetano?Well aperently the doctor in the club and the president are being charged with murder cos' they knew that the player had heart problems but they still let him play. I mean this is sick!!!how can these people do such things?Is this true guimaldini?I know that you live in Brazil so you probably know more about this than me.

R.I.P

Last edited:

Skippy

Beginner
Reaction score
Edi said:
Well I can't belive that this happened again :( I'm realy saddened by this tragic event!I saw this on tv.The guy scored a goal and than just colapsed.Well I really don't know what to say.Hey guys remember that guy Serginho that died on the field in Brazil,I think that he played for Sao Caetano?Well aperently the doctor in the club and the president are being charged with murder cos' they knew that the player had heart problems but they still let him play. I mean this is sick!!!how can these people do such things?Is this true guimaldini?I know that you live in Brazil so you probably know more about this than me.

R.I.P

Mate, you have to understand that in South America people live for football and their religion i football as well so thats the answer to your question

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
I think its just the amount of people playing soccer some are bound to have bad hearts etc.

Sadly its going to happen and not preventable.

In Australia the main sport is Australian Football, AFL. At half time the let the kids on, under 12's or something. Eariler this year a 11 year old died of a sudden heart attack.

Very sad. :cry:

I never heard of that???/ Was it during the Auskick at half time of an AFL match?????? like what round was it

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:

R.I.P

The death of Serginho from Sao Caetano will cost the club 24 league points which will relegate them from 4th spot to 14th spot and cost them a place in the Cop Liberdatores (South American Champions League) even though this is beside the point.

The club doctor will be suspended for over 4 years (app. 1450 days) and the club director for 2 years (app.750 days) - and they are appealing the suspensions.

IMO, if they knew the man had heart conditions, WHICH HE DID - because even they said he had an irregular heart beat but said he could still play - NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

Thos two should be banned for LIFE at the minimum, and lucky to escape jail.....this is a guys life we are talking about......

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo-11 said:
I never heard of that???/ Was it during the Auskick at half time of an AFL match?????? like what round was it
Yes, it was during Aus-kick.

I really cannot remember when it was. I think middle to latter part of the season.

Once again im not sure but i think it was Freo-WA

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
San Paolo said:

How could you compare cricket to this sport ?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Skippy said:
Mate, you have to understand that in South America people live for football and their religion i football as well so thats the answer to your question

I don't think you got me;).And I don't see my answer anywhere :conf: I think it is very wrong and sick ,morally incorect,inhumanly to know that a player has heart problems and can have serious consequences and still not tell him.That is what I mean!

S

superman_1899

Skippy said:

dude, does that mean ppl in europe dont like football as much as the south american??? well let me tell you this much... two of my friend mine (one is a milan representative and the other is a juve representative)went to the italian embassy here in kl, to get some translation from the letter given by milan and juve ( as in what is required to set-up a fan club in malaysia)... and the guy in charge was an inter fan... and he refused to help!!!

what have you to say about this!!! and as far as im concern, if you like something, you will like it and go the extra mile to get things done...to give out the best, for the best!!!

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
How could you compare cricket to this sport ?

both are sports played under hot sun!!! that is what he/she was trying to say!!!

Edi said:
I don't think you got me;).And I don't see my answer anywhere :conf: I think it is very wrong and sick ,morally incorect,inhumanly to know that a player has heart problems and can have serious consequences and still not tell him.That is what I mean!

totally agree on this... too much of drugs though for a good reason can be harmfull, then again, too much of everything is harmfull... and this is certainly an act of inhumanity!!!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why do you guys automatically assume such sudden heart-related death is drug-induced ? AFAIK Foe wasn't a druggie but had a heart condition. Same goes for that Hungarian guy who died on the pitch, Feher. Some heart diseases or abnormalities go unnoticed for a long time + require more than a stethoscope to be diagnosed properly.

Contrary to common belief here decent medical care + a mandatory + thorough checkup by a cardiologist could actually prevent such sad sad loss of life. Remember when Inter didn't follow through with signing Fadiga ? They did well, IMO, in suggesting him to see to his problem first. Unfortunately surgery doesn't seem to have improved his condition. Now he's at Bolton, has never played a game, collapsed in training + underwent surgery again. Some people should maybe just accept that football or any performance-oriented sport is not for them + not try to prove or push sth that could send them 6 feet under in an untimely fashion, esp. when they were lucky enough to find out about their problem in time + alive...

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Pretty stupid playing football in India.

I heard the kepper punched him or knocked him on purpose? true?

I've just seen the tape, and the ball had already passed when the gk hit junior... the keeper seems to be famous for his bad behavior, but I've heard that he was Junior's friend...

Edi said:
Hey guys remember that guy Serginho that died on the field in Brazil,I think that he played for Sao Caetano?Well aperently the doctor in the club and the president are being charged with murder cos' they knew that the player had heart problems but they still let him play.[/B] I mean this is sick!!!how can these people do such things?Is this true guimaldini?I know that you live in Brazil so you probably know more about this than me.

R.I.P

São Caetano's dirigents are saying that serginho had been awarned 7 times about his heart problem, and decided to keep playing... The Doctors say that he may have developed a new problem in the heart since the beggining of the year (when they allowed him to play)... Serginho's family are saying that he didn't know about his problem...

The team lost 24 points in the Brazilian Championship, the president of the club and the doctors are being taken to the court