Serie A : Chievo v AC Milan

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
After the Depor match we probably all thought we couldnt be more confident about our team. We were wrong ;) After beating Bayern 4-2 on aggregate surely we could beat little Chievo... :) Every time we say a match will be tough it always seems to be kind of easy, so Im gonna say we will thrash them!!!

OK guys what are your predictions for the match?
Who will be the front triangle?
Who will we drop?

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we will trash them badly. coz they dont have Corradi this year, not Manfradini, Eriberto banned, but the have old beirhoff he cant score anymore. If Bierhoff scores he will cry i think like Sala did when he scored against Milan last sunday. Milan will win 3:0.
Sheva-Inzaghi- Rivlado, rui Costa, will all play

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Whoa.......I find it impossible for all 4 of them to play at once. I think its possible that all four may play, but not start. Chievo Verona is a very unpredictable side. They went to the Olimpico and beat Lazio in week 1, then I believe they lost to Torino. So......as formentioned, a very unpredictable side. I think you can rest assured that they will be up for this match, as anyone would be when encountering Milan these days. I have no clue who Carletto will use in the up front trident, but I really think this match will introduce Sheva to the 02-03 campaign. Welcome back Capocannoniere ;)

As for the match, 0-2 Rossoneri.

Rex

Reaction score
This match will be an interesting one. The coach Luigi Del Neri certainly asks the players to strike all out-attack from the kick-off where Chievo uses their home advantage in taking three points. AC Milan players' tiredness after participating in CL against Bayern home, can be paying attention from Del Neri. Carletto may be playing another fresh players, but the target of victory is not out of reach, still we will grap three points away.

And..the game itself will become a kinda reunion for the ex-Milanista forward, Oliver Bierhoff with few Milan players. For the player, it's hard to forget the sweet memories in togetherness with Milan side. :)

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It will be a very tough match I guess. Everyone is now badly considering Milan as the dream team, so they will do badly to beat them. Chievo can be very strong, especially that they can play offensively.

We should keep our foot in the ground and should play a good football to win. I hope we will win, this match is not easy to predict though! I just hope that the players will not "show off" too much!

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
According to teletext, the formation will be like this:

----------------Dida----------------
Simic - Nesta - Maldini - Kaladze
----------------Pirlo----------------
----Gattuso------------Seedorf---
-------------Rui Costa-------------
---------Sheva-------Pippo--------

Abbiati still in the bench :cry:

jonddu^

Primavera
Reaction score
According to Rossoneri's post about the starting eleven, i'm also sad coz Abbiati won't play :( I read a few days ago that he loves Milan but if he is benched in all the matches he will try to find a new club, eg Lazio. Hopefully not, he's a great goalie and.

PS. Great that Sheva is back :D

Reaction score
What happen to our denfence??
do we missed Nesta or Maldini??
I can't believe that we let in 3 goals in one single game!! :conf: :( :cry:
can somebody tell me??I cannot watch it live at home!!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
damn it! what the heck happened? were the players soo tired? or did chievo play full defense and counter attack?
pls someone who saw the game tell me about it..
this is so unexpected, first lost but against chievo? and bierhoff also scored a goal... maan...
anyway, may be the players really need rest..

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The referee was too bad for the match.. Milan were on full attack on the 2nd half, but the referee was so bad to help!! Many off sides were given for no reason at all.

At the end, we had Sheva, Tomasson, Pippo, Pirlo, Seedorf, Serginho & Rui all playing!! 7 attacking players, but the referee had another opinion, so he started giving off sides!!

Dida??? Why I was shouting all the time????? :mad: He was a disaster!!! The first goal was from him!! And the third goal also!! He so stupidly came out and let Helveg to hit him!! What a stupid goal keeper!!!!
ABBIATI MUST COME BACK!!!
Today we lost 3 crucial points :cry:

Pirlo was the best man in the match!!

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
guys, im not gonna see highlights of this game for almost a week. i keep reading about defensive errors, and i want to know who the errors came from. just one player, or across the board???

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
some people saying that dida's fault that we lost, others says defencive error. others saying ref was bad. chill. we willl be only 2. and we have to blem ourselve. why did carletto put everyone he know we will lose and the players r tired very much. and of cousre we will have errors at the back if u play attacking style like they did. they tactics was 3-3-1-3.
only 3 defenders and other all attackers. and than Pirlo got red. and we wont seen him next serie A game. inter will play bologna today. and bologna have to take a point. in week 8 we will win coz we playing Reggina. but Week 9 and 10 and 11 will be very hard coz we have Juventus away and Parma home and we will have Milan Derby in week 11 and we all love to humiliaty inter dont we.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rossoneri said:
The referee was too bad for the match.. Milan were on full attack on the 2nd half, but the referee was so bad to help!! Many off sides were given for no reason at all.

At the end, we had Sheva, Tomasson, Pippo, Pirlo, Seedorf, Serginho & Rui all playing!! 7 attacking players, but the referee had another opinion, so he started giving off sides!!

Dida??? Why I was shouting all the time????? :mad: He was a disaster!!! The first goal was from him!! And the third goal also!! He so stupidly came out and let Helveg to hit him!! What a stupid goal keeper!!!!
ABBIATI MUST COME BACK!!!
Today we lost 3 crucial points :cry:

Pirlo was the best man in the match!!

Yes 1st and 3rd goal were disaster,Dida was not good this match:(

And yes as Red&BlackDevils said we have very hard month now,very hard matches so i think that we should focus on them.And ofcourse the most important thing is the rest for the players.I think that somoe of the players should have rest.

But guys what if we will countinue to lose the matches like this one....?I hope it won't happen.

THeJaMmi1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hey it was inevitable to happen...now as fans we must be strong as see what we do in loss...and thats to lose with pride and bounce straight back..

tkae the positives out of this match...

Rex

Reaction score
Another problem that I'm worry about: tiredness for the players due to tight schedule either both in European competition or domestic league. Plus as I said before, overconfindence increased and underestimate the opposing team that it will trounced back to our determination we've been showing so far. Chievo is once again not yet in death clause indeed, they're still managing the game on the pitch with their great footballing philosophy.

Hope our Milan will do better in next matches. And never again underestimate another teams we're against to.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i heard that carletto will take second milan team to lille. if some people doesnt know. lens is from Lille. Seedorf pippo, pirlo, gattuso, rivaldo, rui will stay in milan. i saw the goals poor bierhoff. when he scored he started creing on the grass. sheva scored good volley header.

Klelia22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm shocked :eek: I still cant believe it... the worst part is that I did not even get the chance to watch highlights!!! so... I just have the details from the web... :cry: I just hope it was that they are tired... I want to watch them winning against Juve, Parma, Depor and Inter... so, lets take it the bright side: They have lost! so they wont ler that happen again!! just one doubt: What happened between Maldini and Bierhoff, could someone be so kind to let me know?
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
As you all know with the CL, league, and national teams, everyone plays for, at this point everyone has to be getting tired. On the same note since we have gone on this great winning steak. Ancelotti have used pretty much the same lineup for each game, so everyone has to be getting a little tired. Next we we should bounce right back, it's nice we have qualified for the 2nd round of the CL so the entire back line except Maldini will probably be rested.

I am so hoping the I get to see Milan's CL game this week.

Klelia22 Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:32 am Post subject:

What happened between Maldini and Bierhoff, could someone be so kind to let me know?

From what I can figure out Bierhoff went in with a hard tackle on Maldini from behind and Maldini turned a punched him instantly.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its really bad we losed! What happen? We were so good last weeks.
But maybe its good to lose sometime....if we always win it will be very difficult for our players to keep on win....now we know what we must learn.
And this Milan must learn a lot to build a team.
In technical and the tactic way.

BUT ITS SO SUCKS THAT INTER IS THE NO.1 SHIT!!!!
IN MAY WE ARE THE NO.1 WITH THE SCUDETTO!

MILAN, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!