Quarter-finals: France 0-1 Germany - Friday 04/07/2014 18:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the semi-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Nope.
And:

------------muller--------
--draxler----gotze--schurrle
----krooos---schweinsteiger--
Lahm---hummels---mertesacker---erik durm
-------------neuer-----------

But that would be too easy wouldnt it?

Nope.

Lahm has said many times he doesn't want to play LB. He hasnt played there for ages, i am sure he wud be better than the other options but he is world class RB, he should play there. Why would Low play him there when he has specifically asked NOT to play there?

Draxler? No way, he just gets a spot in the first XI. Doesn't even deserve it.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
France has not been tested by any halfway decent teams yet which makes me favor Germany in this match.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Lahm will play wherever his team needs him to play. Theres no big deal there. But erik durm can play lb also.

Ahh And draxler is a way better fit playing wide than ozil who has just been running the ball out of play or turning it over this world cup. His linkup play has also been extremely poor. Not to mention he lacks stamina and stops running after 60 minutes. Draxler is good at everything ozil does and also good at everything he doesnt.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Lahm will play wherever his team needs him to play. Theres no big deal there. But erik durm can play lb also.

Ahh And draxler is a way better fit playing wide than ozil who has just been running the ball out of play or turning it over this world cup. His linkup play has also been extremely poor. Not to mention he lacks stamina and stops running after 60 minutes. Draxler is good at everything ozil does and also good at everything he doesnt.
Which is at CDM.

Also, Ozil > Gotze

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

I am not saying lahm will run after Low with a broken bottle :proud: but why would you want to play him there anyways, when his best position is RB, and there is no other good option @ RB.

Ozil is not on form but he is doing ok. Scored the goal that turned out to be the winner, so no way he gets dropped IMO. He is very much a confidence player, and that goal would have done him a world of good. I think he will great for the rest of the tourney

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Umm yes he is. And Lahm is the best Busquets Germany have. And Ozil is a better player than Gotze.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I am not saying lahm will run after Low with a broken bottle :proud: but why would you want to play him there anyways, when his best position is RB, and there is no other good option @ RB.

Ozil is not on form but he is doing ok. Scored the goal that turned out to be the winner, so no way he gets dropped IMO. He is very much a confidence player, and IMO he will be great for the rest of the tournament.

Ozils goal is like balotelli goal. Masks he was shit entire match/tournament. There are better options than him.

Lahm can play rb i guess. There is no big deal as long as he plays full back.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
This thread is perfect for prime trolling as this is the most boring big team vs big team match one can imagine..

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
This thread is perfect for prime trolling as this is the most boring big team vs big team match one can imagine..
Eliminated fodder shouldn't be allowed to post. It's the Mafia games all over again. Damn ghosts. :head:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Also doesnt matter if lahm is the best pirlo germany have, he is probably the best defender in this tournament left and german defense IS fodder, their midfield isnt. Play him where the team overall benefits, not where guardiola does.

ozil aint got shit on gotze.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also Doesnt matter if lahm is the best pirlo germany have, he is probably the best defender in this tournament ans german defense IS fodder, their midfield isnt. Play him where the team overall benefits, not where guardiola does.

Exactly :thumbsup:

ozil aint got shit on gotze.

I dont think you understand the mechanics :mb:

or maybe sage has corrupted your mind against ozil :tongue:

Ozil is brilliant playmaker, the problem is when he is bad he does stick out like a sore thumb. Goetze is brilliant too, but he cannot make a team tick like Ozil does. Germans play their best footie when Ozil is on form. Which he will be for the rest for the tournament IMO. Have faith :o

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players

How are they most boring? :conf:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Exactly :thumbsup:

I dont think you understand the mechanics :mb:

or maybe sage has corrupted your mind against ozil :tongue:

Ozil is brilliant playmaker, the problem is when he is bad he does stick out like a sore thumb. Goetze is brilliant too, but he cannot make a team tick like Ozil does. Germans play their best footie when Ozil is on form. Which he will be for the rest for the tournament IMO. Have faith :o

Ozil on form makes germany look good but he is not the metronomo for germany. Prime example was yesterday where germany won without him rather than with him (if you know what i mean, i saw the goal as well)... Same against usa. At the moment, considering germany's up and down form i see him as a luxury rather than a necessity.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Gotze is the most nothing player in the team. He does fuck all other than meaningless link up play in midfield, pretty flicks and having the most punchable face in the squad.

Only contribution worth remembering from him this tournament so far is kneeing a goal.

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
------------klose--------
--oezil----muller--gotze/schuerrle
----krooos---schweinsteiger--
Lahm---hummels---mertesacker---boateng
-------------neuer-----------

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Viva la France!

...Probably the first time I've ever said that...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How are they most boring? :conf:

Despite what they've shown so far France are still probably the most dull of all the big nations, they've been painful to watch for the best part of 12 years. Germany are Germany. This is going to be the worst game of the 1/4's by a distance IMO. Infact all the European teams have been pretty painful to watch this year.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is going to be a great game. Though, France has the upper-hand because of their midfield but if their attack is the same as the one that played against Nigeria, Germany may pulled this one up.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
France cant win this game, Hermany play with 12 people, Neuer is a Goalkeeper and a sweeper

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
mmm, who do I hate less? France has a lot of annoying players like Pogba and Evra and Koscileniy, but Germany is in their own class of causing annoyance, so I hope France goes through.

williamp

FODDERabt_H8r
Reaction score
Hope France loses just so jammin can bandwagon another team in the semis.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Coz its in SA, and I'm a romantic, I want a Brazil vs Arg final. I want the easiest path for them to reach the final.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
France always lost to germany in WC

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Hope France loses just so jammin can bandwagon another team in the semis.

#bandwagon llllooooollllllllll

hey, who are Chelsea signing?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
+1 to Kalac. Surely gonna be the most boring qf.