The Rumour Commode XVI: The Association of the Small Commoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rav8998

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Only thing that makes me nervous is the all italian team. Could an all italian team really challenge Barcelona, Real Madrid and etc. I highly doubt it. I find it funny though, after making that statement he talks about how amazing Shev was. You got to have other nationalities integrated to make a WC team

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Why would you believe that Milan will only have Italian players?
That's just Grande Silvio beating the nationalist drum. He is always in PR mode.

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan squad average age is now 26.2 (One of the youngest in Italy)
If you take off D.Lopez & Abbiati, it becomes 25.4 only 2nd to Palermo.

Fake ass youth project. BERLUSCONI AND GALLIANI OUT!!!

lol k

we are selling donnarumma and romagnoli this summer to "balance the books"

and if not this summer, next summer

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Locatelli's agent: "Since he was 16 he has been a target of several big European clubs. The scouts of these top clubs consider Manuel as one of the best talents in Europe.

"Everyday offers arrive for him, but he is happy to stay at Milan. In Milan for the next 20 years? We hope so.""

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Haven't seen much of this kid but I really hope he makes it with us.

I still remember the time when members rated Calvano, Verdi, Valoti, Fossati, Modic, Mastalli. Merkel, Cristante and Strasser too, but at least they played sometimes with us.

Sad none of those guys are able to make it with us.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Rumour Commode XVI

Now I'm getting nostalgic

-> is the youtube link inserted correctly?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
"all Italian team" = dumbest idea of 2016

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Locatelli's agent: "Since he was 16 he has been a target of several big European clubs. The scouts of these top clubs consider Manuel as one of the best talents in Europe.

"Everyday offers arrive for him, but he is happy to stay at Milan. In Milan for the next 20 years? We hope so.""

Well, see. This is what gives me hope and think he's actually good. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be shit.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A pair of Italian politicians are captured by a fierce African tribe and tied to poles. A tribal leader says to one of the Italians: ?You, do you want to die or bunga bunga?? The politician chooses the second option.

But bunga-bunga turns out to mean forced intercourse.
?All the warriors in the village did him,?

The tribal leader then approaches the second Italian and asks the same question.

The terrified Italian says: ?I?d prefer to die.?
The tribesman replies: ?Fine, you will die, but first let?s do some bunga bunga!?

- The origin of the "Bunga Bunga"

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would you believe that Milan will only have Italian players?
That's just Grande Silvio beating the nationalist drum. He is always in PR mode.

his first major signings ever were 3 Dutchmen for fucks sake, and people fall right into it over and over. you wont ever see Milan with 11 italian starters calm the fuck down people

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
his first major signings ever were 3 Dutchmen for fucks sake, and people fall right into it over and over. you wont ever see Milan with 11 italian starters calm the fuck down people

when things are going this well, you gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel to find shit to complain about

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
"all Italian team" = dumbest idea of 2016

Well, it serves a political purpose, especially at a time when a good chunk of Europe fears, rightly or wrongly, rationally or absurdly, that its demographic is irreversibly changing.

Setting Milan against teams that are teeming with foreigners as the bastion of Italian players and identity is actually a very potent image and idea that Berlusconi is cynically exploiting.

But leaving all of that aside...if a Locatelli or a Donna needs the limelight to take that next step, why shouldn't Milan adopt a policy that cultivates homegrown talent? Cheap, instantly likeable by the Italian fans etc.

I am an Azzurri fan, so I love the fact that we have so many Italians in our ranks. But it also makes sense from a business perspective too.

But like others have said, it won't entirely be Italian, so this is bit of a moot point...

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, it serves a political purpose, especially at a time when a good chunk of Europe fears, rightly or wrongly, rationally or absurdly, that its demographic is irreversibly changing.

Setting Milan against teams that are teeming with foreigners as the bastion of Italian players and identity is actually a very potent image and idea that Berlusconi is cynically exploiting.

But leaving all of that aside...if a Locatelli or a Donna need the limelight to take that next step, why shouldn't Milan adopt a policy that cultivates homegrown talent? Cheap, instantly likeable by the Italian fans etc.

I am an Azzurri fan, so I love the fact that we have so many Italians in our ranks. But it also makes sense from a business perspective too.

But like others have said, it won't entirely be Italian, so this is bit of a moot point...

It's a statement that can potentially bring more people to the stadium

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Berlusconi: I changed football a bit along with Sacchi. I asked Capello to return, but he had other ideas.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Berlusconi: "Bee? We made a concrete and interesting proposal which covers restaurants, football schools and merchandising. The plan could guarantee us 100m per year from China and other countries in the Middle East. It's important for us to market the brand to compete with other teams that have important economic resources coming from oil. Mr Bee role? He would only be responsible of the part related to marketing, while the sporting part will remain to us. Bacca? He is a good and mature guy. He is a ruthless finisher. Many times he is out of the game because Milan does not practice how to be the masters of the field. For this we are talking with the coach. Bacca was a good acquisition and when he gets the ball he hardly does a mistake. Ibrahimovic? He is a player who can win the games, he has won in all the teams. I believe he will have important offers from UAE, USA or China that we won't manage to match. Inzaghi? I gave him confidence as a coach, but maybe he was not ready. His Milan was unable to challenge opponents who hold the ball .I told him many times. There are cycles that end. We're starting as a team with Italians. I would like to see an all-Italian Milan. We have Italian defence and midfield, we lack only attackers. (Pavoletti comming I think :lol: ) We are focused on young players: there are 6 with Locatelli, I see him as the new Pirlo. Donnarumma is 16 years and he will not leave Milan if any offer arrive, he will be the keeper of Milan for the next 20 years. He is very solid physicaly, and in character and I think he can become a Milan symbol in the future."

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Haven't seen much of this kid but I really hope he makes it with us.

I still remember the time when members rated Calvano, Verdi, Valoti, Fossati, Modic, Mastalli. Merkel, Cristante and Strasser too, but at least they played sometimes with us.

Sad none of those guys are able to make it with us.

I think our 1998 generation is more talented than those guys were.

Locatelli, Llamas, De Santis, La Ferrara, and Mihael Modic were very good pickups from our scouts and I hope they are able to reach their potential in the first team.

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Berlusconi: "I almost signed Maradona, but he had become Napoli's captain and I don't buy other teams' captains. Just like my attempt to sign Totti. Nesta, however, was only signed when he was put on sale."

Class

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Vazquez is Argentinian though

its very obvious that berlu really wants vazquez

1. he has italian mother argentina father and has italian passport
that means berlu would actually have a really good italian for his ital milan project..too good to pass up
2. best trequarista in serie a ? ATTACARE

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its very obvious that berlu really wants vazquez

1. he has italian mother argentina father and has italian passport
that means berlu would actually have a really good italian for his ital milan project..too good to pass up
2. best trequarista in serie a ? ATTACARE

I'm still not a Vazquez believer

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We've signed plenty of older players in Berlu's time.

Really, no other captains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule