The Rumour Commode XX: X(i) Gon' Give It To Ya

Who shall we sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
the positive thing about kalinic saga is that it goes on for too long. Those deals usually break off.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
We made it. New commode!!!!!!

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
How'd we go from Morata to Belotti to Kalinic to Borini...

F&M are frauds, man. Frauds.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
So, how will team eeyore spin the Conti deal into a negative, today?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I doubt Borini but I wouldn't doubt our management.

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I doubt Borini but I wouldn't doubt our management.

i doubt the management too. i really don't like the idea for replacing almost whole team. it will be much better if we buy ~3 better players using the same budget this year, and replace someone else next year. what will they do if we don't achieve high this year? replacing almost whole team again? what is the point to buy Kalinic and Borini level pleyer and let go of Bacca and Lapu?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Lapa may be sold for 10M while Borini arrive for 1M?

I honestly think Borini is shit... But if this extra money is decisive to buy another player who will see a lot of playing time, I couldn't care less about the 3rd option for the attack is worse. It's potentially very good business.

Kinda doubt Genoa will pay 10~15M for Lapa though. They don't even have that kind of money and Milan is in no position to bargain.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I doubt anyone would offer more than 5-8m for Lapadula

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
So Lapa may be sold for 10M while Borini arrive for 1M?

I honestly think Borini is shit... But if this extra money is decisive to buy another player who will see a lot of playing time, I couldn't care less about the 3rd option for the attack is worse. It's potentially very good business.

Kinda doubt Genoa will pay 10~15M for Lapa though. They don't even have that kind of money and Milan is in no position to bargain.

their deals with inter run 10m in the short run and up to 60m in the future, simeone also leaving. I think theyve made some 25-30m so far this market

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we can get 30m from Bacca, Niang and Lapadula, we should go all in for Belotti. We could go for scudetto even..

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i doubt the management too. i really don't like the idea for replacing almost whole team. it will be much better if we buy ~3 better players using the same budget this year, and replace someone else next year. what will they do if we don't achieve high this year? replacing almost whole team again? what is the point to buy Kalinic and Borini level pleyer and let go of Bacca and Lapu?

This is basically year zero for the new management and the best time to bring in a huge number of players, if things go well, that is ucl qualification then 2 or 3 stars will be brought in, even if i think we will get a big name this summer for marketing purposes. The truth is we had to improve the technical ability of the team and imo we are on a good path to doing so. I think it's intelligent from the management rather than splashing 50mil+ on one player, whether we have the funds or not. The players signed so far aren't stars but can potentially grow into stars.

Montella did a good job with a technically starved team last season, the loss of bonaventura and suso at certain periods during the season hurt us, and the back ups just weren't up to par, so im curious to see him with more technically talented players.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kalinic would be a good squad player for the right price, let's not forget we have europa league this season, depth will be key. I believe he has the quality and experience to lead the line for a couple games during the season, we can't afford to burn our important players like last season where bona and suso barely got the opportunity to rest due to the fact that the back ups sucked and i believe that probably cost us a higher place in the table.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

If only this team had only 3 positions in need...

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't trust Montella. I hope he proves me wrong

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Kalinic isn't bought yet and I don't want Borini for Lapadula but we'll wait and see first before judging.

I too would love if we could just sign a few players to gradually improve but this management inherited an atrocious squad and is tasked with building a top 4 team. Everyone knew there was going to be a lot of turnover.

We have bought 5 players so far, 4 of which are excellent upgrades and one who is a backup. Luckily only the backup guy looks bad. We're about to finalize Conti who is a massive upgrade over Abate. We had Abate and shitter DeSciglio for years and now we are about to have Rodriguez and Conti thanks to this management.

If we fail to reach top 4 again this year I seriously doubt we'll have to replace many players. I seriously doubt we will fail to make top 4. It'd be a massive coaching failure not to get a top 4 finish out of these players.

Just relax, wait and see. Management has been terrific so far, so I don't get why people would start any bs right now just because we signed a shitter as backup.

I wouldn't defend that transfer but with how much good has happend and with how much good we are linked (Conti, Hakan, KAMPL!, Bigly probably towards the end of mercato), I am feeling pretty good.

I don't trust Montella. I hope he proves me wrong

Why?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
their deals with inter run 10m in the short run and up to 60m in the future, simeone also leaving. I think theyve made some 25-30m so far this market

Small Serie A clubs very rarely pay double figures, specially not for a 27 years old striker with very questionable resale value

It's not like someone else is offering 9M and they need to top it...

rav8998

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't know why, and trust me I'm not thrilled by him. But I think Kalinic will do decent if he comes. I could see him and Silva forming a good partnership. I think if he shores up his finishing he could surprise us. He's good with his movement and hold up play which I think will help silva get more chances at goal. I think 15 goals would be reasonable. just hope we don't have to pay too much for him.

At this point I think a good creative DM is the biggest must after we finalize Conti. I do not think Kry from PSG is the answer at all.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't know why, and trust me I'm not thrilled by him. But I think Kalinic will do decent if he comes. I could see him and Silva forming a good partnership. I think if he shores up his finishing he could surprise us. He's good with his movement and hold up play which I think will help silva get more chances at goal. I think 15 goals would be reasonable. just hope we don't have to pay too much for him.

At this point I think a good creative DM is the biggest must after we finalize Conti. I do not think Kry from PSG is the answer at all.

The issue I have with a potential Kalinic transfer is not that he'll be absolutely shit. The issue I have is that we use 20-25 mil for a guy when we could've put that money towards a more long term transfer.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I could see Kalinic Doug far better than expected here. He has a good skill set, maybe playing for a better team will make him more consistent. If I remember he was thriving when fiorentina was at the top of the table at winter break two seasons back.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He was so frustrating last season. Many questionable decisions. He messed up the formation and the starting team. We had a good mid till Jack got injured, then he didn't know what to do. We fucked up so much against the Serie B teams.... his Fiore fetish as well

I dunno, I could be wrong..

There's a lot at stake now. We cannot fuck up CL this season. It would cost us so much with FFP hanging over our heads. We need to be mentally prepared. Aim high so we can finish where we want... Keep Fiore mentality fighting for last CL spot and you'll finish 8th... I'd love for Montella to come out and say we're the anti-Juve, we're going for the title right away... this is the mindset we need to finish in CL zone.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
come on.. even after borini you still think kalinic will be a reserve? :lol:

ummm you should take into account that borini can also play on the wing, next season we will have 4 attacking players starting i doubt borini is andre silva's back up more likely he will be used as a back up for LW or RW

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He was so frustrating last season. Many questionable decisions. He messed up the formation and the starting team. We had a good mid till Jack got injured, then he didn't know what to do. We fucked up so much against the Serie B teams.... his Fiore fetish as well

There's a lot at stake now. We cannot fuck up CL this season. It would cost us so much with FFP hanging over our heads. We need to be mentally prepared. Aim high so we can finish where we want... Keep Fiore mentality fighting for last CL spot and you'll finish 8th... I'd love for Montella to come out and say we're the anti-Juve, we're going for the title right away... this is the mindset we need to finish in CL zone.

Well i think the loss of monto, bona during an important stretch in the season when we were doing well changed his plans a bit. We can give Monto shit but he was decent at the beginning of the season, it would have been perfect if he was fit and we could have alternated between he and Loca, but the Montella had to change everything around especially when Loca's performances started to drop. To be honest we were playing really good football at the beginning of the year till everything went to shit from that udinese game, that was the season changer

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

He had so many challenges in the second half of the season, people need to cut him some slack. He played good football when Bonaventura, Romagnoli and Suso were fit. In the second half a lot of these key players were missing for smaller and larger parts of play and with it our performance dipped.

Our season went down the shitter after that Udine game. Fuck DePaul, but you can't fault Montella for that. Bonaventura in that squad was irreplaceable.

We also had injury and form issues with less important players. DeS missed a lot of game time, so did Abate. Kucka's form this season was so much worse than previously. Montella had to slot in Locatelli instead of Montolivo.

Antonelli was basically injuried throughout the season from what I remember, Berto missed a lot of time and when he didn't, he was still Berto.

I hate this whole "Fiore mentality" meme some people propagate. What, so he gets linked with a few Fiorentina players and that makes him "Fiore mentality"? Let's disregard that a lot of those reports are probably BS anyway.

You don't get to make too many quality decisions when you are forced to deal with a squad full of Ocampos, Niang and assorted shitters.

Why are you worried about prepping our players? Wasn't Montella pure class whenever he talked to the media? Didn't he get this squad to play possession football?

Some people like to only remember the last part of the season and somehow forget the overall season. Lets give Montella a season with a good squad, if he squanders that, he obviously will be out of the door.

Montella won twice vs Jube with this Milan squad yet people somehow are worried about him :lol:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He had so many challenges in the second half of the season, people need to cut him some slack. He played good football when Bonaventura, Romagnoli and Suso were fit. In the second half a lot of these key players were missing for smaller and larger parts of play and with it our performance dipped.

Our season went down the shitter after that Udine game. Fuck DePaul, but you can't fault Montella for that. Bonaventura in that squad was irreplaceable.

We also had injury and form issues with less important players. DeS missed a lot of game time, so did Abate. Kucka's form this season was so much worse than previously. Montella had to slot in Locatelli instead of Montolivo.

Antonelli was basically injuried throughout the season from what I remember, Berto missed a lot of time and when he didn't, he was still Berto.

I hate this whole "Fiore mentality" meme some people propagate. What, so he gets linked with a few Fiorentina players and that makes him "Fiore mentality"? Let's disregard that a lot of those reports are probably BS anyway.

You don't get to make too many quality decisions when you are forced to deal with a squad full of Ocampos, Niang and assorted shitters.

Why are you worried about prepping our players? Wasn't Montella pure class whenever he talked to the media? Didn't he get this squad to play possession football?

Some people like to only remember the last part of the season and somehow forget the overall season. Lets give Montella a season with a good squad, if he squanders that, he obviously will be out of the door.

Montella won twice vs Jube with this Milan squad yet people somehow are worried about him :lol:

Fair enough. I guess he deserves another season with a better squad. I hope hes the one........... because if he's not, then Mancini will probably succeed him. I swear if that guy steps a foot in this club....

Forza Wincenzo

Status
Not open for further replies.