Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The inclusions of Antonelli, De Silvestri(BEST WB EVER) and Rannochia are a little puzzling.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, fullbacks look weak, but there's no other options since Abate, De Sciglio and Criscito are injured..

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I don't mind De Silvestri & Antonelli, since there are no better options available

and Criscito injured? I just thought he's never going to give that guy a chance anymore

the players that really bother me are Gilardino, Astori, Aquilani, Cerci, Diamanti, Giaccherini and Osvaldo

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind De Silvestri & Antonelli, since there are no better options available

and Criscito injured? I just thought he's never going to give that guy a chance anymore

the players that really bother me are Gilardino, Astori, Aquilani, Cerci, Diamanti, Giaccherini and Osvaldo

lol Osvaldo is more than good enough
He's Italy's 2nd best CF only behind Balo.. if he wasn't a bit fucked in the head he'd be bagging 25+ goals a season
Astori is also good enough, he proved it against Uruguay at the Confeds. Don't see the hate for him, especially as it comes from people who've only seen him against us and he usually fucks up then
He's better choice than Ranocchia

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah, Osvaldo deserves to be there.

Gilardino less so, but I don't really mind him. He's an okay guy for what is wanted and who is available.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Pazzini is the 2nd best CF, but he isn't available

I just don't like Osvaldo, IMO his teammates Destro and Borriello are better
for this friendly I would even give Di Natale a chance
I would even prefer talents like Gabbiadini, Immobile or Sau
Keeping in mind that it's only a friendly of course

Also if G.Rossi and Cassano would get back in form that would be amazing
I really hope names like Osvaldo and especially Gilardino are not in the WC squad next year

and I don't even wan't to talk about Astori
he's absolutely shit, even against Uruguay he proved to be error prone
just like he does in every game that I have seen from him

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pazzini is just a poacher, he can't play 90 mins, he'd annoy the shit out of 99% of people.. Hes great for us, a key player, but only as a joker off the bench.
Osvaldo is a complete CF - hes strong, great at passing, creative, a threat in the air.
I agree about Toto, but you'd need to change the set up to suit him.
Cassano and Rossi aren't CF's.. so yeah.

Anyone who rates Ranocchia, but calls Astori a flop is a hypocrite!
They're both very talented CB's, but both are error prone - due to losing concentration.
Asori's characteristics give him an advantage over Ranocchia, as Ranocchia is another right footed CB in a team where Barzagli and Bonucci are already fighting for a spot.
Astori is better on the ball, hes faster, and takes more responsibility.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How is this hypocrite?? That is such a wrong word in this context :lol: :lol:

I don't think Ranocchia is good at all, but there was a time that I thougt he would become great
I can't say the same about Astori, he's always been shit and will never be decent
IMO Ogbonna is better than both but the truth is Italian CB's are very weak so there are not many options
so that's why I wanted Astori out and not Rannocchia not

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope Prandelli won´t field any of our players, we need everyone fresh and healthy for the CL qualification.
Italy just played the confed cup semi final, what the fuck do they want to accomplish with this meaningless game?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
not in love with the squad, I think he should have used this game to give a few fringe players a chance to show what they;ve got.

also, Italy needs to be a 3-5-2 team for the WC. If Ogbonna takes Barzagli's starting spot at Juve, he should win it on the NT too. Regardless, having those 4 CBs playing together on a club level will be great for chemistry for the NT.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello
Balotelli, fortunately, won't feature in the friendly match between Italy and Argentina tomorrow as he has left Italy's training camp.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello
Balotelli, fortunately, won't feature in the friendly match between Italy and Argentina tomorrow as he has left Italy's training camp.
Alhamdullilah. :thumbsup:

He must be protected at all costs.

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
BRjTnDSCQAADoOF.jpg:large

Gila's face. :lol:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
@Milanello

El Shaarawy will wear number 14 in the match vs. Argentina tomorrow. Montolivo number 18.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Buffon and Balotelli on Pope Francis
By Football Italia staff

Gigi Buffon praised the Pope for “helping us to be better,” while Mario Balotelli was visibly moved by their private meeting.

The Italy and Argentina squads visited the Vatican today ahead of tomorrow night’s friendly match at the Stadio Olimpico.

“A Pope like this is helping us to be better,” said Azzurri captain Buffon.

“He indicates the path, warms our hearts and shakes up our souls. Finally we will be able to follow through the promises that so many times are made and not kept.”

Balotelli reportedly got up after the ceremony had concluded and went after the Pope into another room, where they spent several minutes talking privately.

The Milan striker emerged visibly moved, but would not reveal to journalists what had been discussed.

Meanwhile, it is widely reported Balotelli and Lionel Messi will not play against Argentina due to minor injuries.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
U21: Italy hit four in Slovakia

Slovakia 1-4 Italy

Scorers: Crisetig pens 4, 41 (I), Pauscheck 14 (S), Belotti 65 (I), Improta 78 (I)

Slovakia U21: Rusov; Pauschek, Teixeira, Gyömber, Mazan; Lasik, Paur; Schranz, Skvarka, Lalkovic; Zrelak

Italy U21:
Bardi; Piccini, Bianchetti (Longo 46), Antei, Biraghi (Improta 60); Crisetig (Di Lorenzo 46), Baselli; Politano (Frascatore 60), Battocchio, Gatto (Fossati 46); Belotti

Sent off:
Teixeira 40 (S)

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
yeah fossati had a good one.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Horrible defence :fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Clear PK not given for Argentina.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio