Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Monty the silent captain

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
I remember back when Juve had just bought Bonucci, everyone was having a dig at them for not buying champions...then they went on to win consecutive Serie A titles.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im not gonna fully blame this guy for lose vs Lazio but hell this is such poor performance & he was out of position in almost all goals.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Im not gonna fully blame this guy for lose vs Lazio but hell this is such poor performance & he was out of position in almost all goals.

Deserved to be benched right now but we made him captain - he has been one of the worst so far this season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He compared his move to Pirlo's transfer move to Juve.
But he did the reverse. It's like Pirlo leaving Conte's Juve for post-2007 Milan*.

The Pirlo of CBs is not gonna get the protection, cohesive movement or off-ball runs from a dysfunctional midfield or ball hogs/passengers(Suso, etc).

*not saying post-2007 Milan was this bad

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did juve play 4 man or 3 man at the back last year?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
4 for the majority of the season.

Bonucci actually looked well in control till the first goal tonight. From then, no CB could cope with the way our heads went down and the way we let Lazio attack. And Davide Calabria.

Quite sure Bonucci is the least of our worries, whether we play 3 man or 4 man.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
not worried about him either, just thought maybe his "form" was because of him not being used to 4-man... but that's apparently not the case.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Allegri shifted to a 4-2-3-1 after Christmas and never went back to 3-5-2 except in that nice tactical shift against Napoli which they won.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
He was never really all that, i'm glad we have him, but he's no silva

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's never been a good defender so it isn't surprising. His biggest asset is his passing, not defending. Both Mussachio and Romagnoli are easily better as pure defenders.

I'm still not sure why he turns his face and sticks his ass/foot out during tackles. He constantly does that during one on ones.

Even in the game against Spain, I made a comment how he did that during Isco's 2nd goal, as if he's afraid of getting hit by the ball.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
ass tackle is Bonucci trademark tackle .. and if you didnt know then ur not worthy of captain bonbon

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
His long balls are costing us possession too often but they will start finding their mark with improved team chemistry. Right now he's just floating balls forward hoping to find someone.

What irritates me is montella insistance on playing fodders is making our good players suffer and look bad.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
He's good at sweeping and should be played as a libero between roma and mussachio. You have a top 3 player in the world and you don't build the team around him? Dumb coaching imo especially when you buy two wing backs and don't play them in that position.

3 man backline is what this team needs to transition to.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
He's good at sweeping and should be played as a libero between roma and mussachio. You have a top 3 player in the world and you don't build the team around him? Dumb coaching imo especially when you buy two wing backs and don't play them in that position.

3 man backline is what this team needs to transition to.

This. He is libero, Mascherano type player. 3ATB or bust. He will be like an extra CDM for us.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
agree with the sweeper coment , play him in front of 2 pure centre backs in a 3 man defence. He was not at his best but its a team failure more than anything individual.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure Juve played 4 at the back in UCL & had the best defense in Europe (don't think they've conceded a goal till the QF?) and Bonucci played in all of their European games

Like someone in here said, it was more of a team failure than just Leo. Either way, looking forward to the team building chemistry w/ 3 at the back, our midfield needs to improve.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pretty sure Juve played 4 at the back in UCL & had the best defense in Europe (don't think they've conceded a goal till the QF?) and Bonucci played in all of their European games

Like someone in here said, it was more of a team failure than just Leo. Either way, looking forward to the team building chemistry w/ 3 at the back, our midfield needs to improve.

I did not see much of Juve last season but the few UCL games including the final that I did watch, they played 3 at the back.

In Juve he had the protection of a world class midfield and attack where everyone would get involved in defending when they lost possession. This Milan team though still has a long way to go to gel and play at that level.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Though he hasn't been great I don't think it's fair to blame in solely for our troubles.

The amount of times Calabria was out of position was :fp: and Bonucci had to provide cover

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I did not see much of Juve last season but the few UCL games including the final that I did watch, they played 3 at the back.

In Juve he had the protection of a world class midfield and attack where everyone would get involved in defending when they lost possession. This Milan team though still has a long way to go to gel and play at that level.

Bonucci play in the back 4 many games along with Chiellini. Games vs Porto or Barca came to mind

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Bonucci needs to step up his games. So far his performance is only at Paletta/Zapata level :fp:

Z2Hio5F.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We need to switch to a 3 man back line, otherwise this purchase will be a big waste.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Bonucci needs to step up his games. So far his performance is only at Paletta/Zapata level :fp:

Z2Hio5F.gif

This was the most obvious but very emblematic of his performances so far and the reason why I said what I did in the match thread.

This isnt about gelling or rust etc etc - If you are brought here to lead and change culture, then you cant just talk a nice game in pre and post match interviews and shout like hell pre-game....if all you are going to do is walk around on the pitch, be out of position most times and give minimal effort.

Needs to step up big time and lead in all aspects.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I think he is really good, but he is also a systembaby. He needs to play 3atb because he's doing libero stuff whether you like it or not.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This was the most obvious but very emblematic of his performances so far and the reason why I said what I did in the match thread.

This isnt about gelling or rust etc etc - If you are brought here to lead and change culture, then you cant just talk a nice game in pre and post match interviews and shout like hell pre-game....if all you are going to do is walk around on the pitch, be out of position most times and give minimal effort.

Needs to step up big time and lead in all aspects.
Agree 100%. He is the captian, he is the joint highest paid player in the league, he is has the experience and has been playing at the highest level with top players for many years. He has been brought on to give the team leadership and an edge.

I still think he is the best person for the job and there is still time.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I think the only game they played with 4 at back, was the final. And we all know how it ended.

Schedule