JAVIER CHEVANTON

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
This guy is a dynamo.

I was reserving judgement on him because I thought he might just be able to perform like he does against the smaller teams of Serie A but his game last sunday versus Juve was nothing short of sensational.

He is like Sheva he runs everywhere and is sharp and always looking to score and creates a lot himself through his pace and skill.

We should offer Borriello and Laursen and even Brocchi to them in loan swap. This season is not doing Borriello any favours in terms of development and offering Lecce a defender and a midfielder might persuade them as they need to stay up.

What's more, he will be eligible for the Champs league. Juve could not handle him.

This guy is a storming player. He is on top form at the moment and very confident which should mean his transition might be an easier one

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
nothing more to say... that is it... i just agree. but milan should buy him not swap him. the most dificult thing for a player is to adapt to seria a but aparently chevanton already has so that gives him potential of becoming great

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
kenichy said:
but milan should buy him not swap him.

There is no difference.

I am indifferent on him though. True, tremendous outing vs Juve recently. I just recall seeing him do absolutely nothing for a long time as well. I think that should be taken into consideration as well.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No man, he's had a great season already. Not just the Juve game.

Besides, if doing nothing in games was a discrimatory factor for you I take it you would like three or four of our starting eleven on the bench?

;)

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
don't know him but if it is like u say than why not let's sign him.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Chevanton is a very good player, and I wouldnt haf anything against bringin' him over to Milano..JDT plays awesome for Denmark, but why cant Fat Carletto find a role where JDT actually fits in?! JDT is just like Rivaldo..Another GREAT player who isnt fullfilling his potential bcoz of the morron Ancelotti...DAMN THAT SHITHEAD!!! :mad:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since we're talking flavour of the month must-haves I won't let the opportunity pass to add mine:

Diomansy Kamara

He's taller than lil Chevanton (I want a bigger guy upfront + roaming between midfield + the frontline, respectively) + he holds EU citizenship. And Juve, Arsenal + Chelsea don't track him because of that funky name alone ;)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
savicevic10 said:
No man, he's had a great season already. Not just the Juve game.

Besides, if doing nothing in games was a discrimatory factor for you I take it you would like three or four of our starting eleven on the bench?

;)

You speak of 14 games in this season. I saw the man play......hmmm....quite modestly in Serie B for an entire season. I am also fortunate enough to say I saw him play like a goat for Danubio as well. His goals shouldn't be used to judge him during that stint either. He is one that has time on his side being that he is only 23, but a player who has glimpses of brilliance (which is how we shall define the 12 games you speak of) certainly does not merit a move to a club like Milan.

Plus, you must forgive me.....I am not someone who likes to see reinforcements brought in during the turn of the year window. You do this when you either have a major injury or if your team is garbage. We have good enough players that are capable of masterful outings game in and out. Be patient with the current side. ;)

Bringing players in during January usually results in a lost Scudetto. Especially with a side liek Milan, where implosion can happen (ie Rivaldo). Just some things to think about. I am someone who looks to the past when measuring something for the future. :)

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It was a suggestion for the January window. I know he might not be seen as "Milan material" (though that is a sketchy definition to me at the moment), but the big players that we should be getting are just not available now.

For me, someone like Chevanton makes sense. He's on form, a promising player but he's not a big enough star to create a fuss by being on the bench which realistically is what we're looking for. As someone said we have no viable alternative on the bench that I think would make a difference in a game that is not going our way.

I don't believe our starting eleven feel that they can be replaced and sometimes that shows. Juve have four excellent and in form strikers, if Trez has a bad game he is out. We should look to that at Milan.

Passion for *9* is quite right. Kamara would be a great option.

I think the only way you can get around a January transfer and not jeapordize (sp) a championship campaign is buy players who are already playing in Serie A i.e when we bought Ganz.

We don't have time to see if players from abroad can adjust to Serie A, but reinforcements we must have. We wouldn't be talking like this if somebody had done their job this summer though.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
well i would prefer Chevanton rather than Prso.. i have a clip of him scoring from about 35 yards near the corner of the 18-yard box... powerful shot.

I doubt he would play more than a substitute role... he reminds me too much of Javi Moreno..

France would be a good place to take a look at for the next Trez-is-gay/Henry, with strikers like:

Passion for *9* said:
Diomansy Kamara

Didier Drogba, Pegguy Luyindula, Djibril Cissé etc...

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Djibril Cisse already has signed contract with FC Liverpool for 2004,
Chevanton can play but would he fit in Ancelottis tactics, also Milan already got some strikers, Sheva, Pipo, JDT, Boriello, so Chevanton would be the fifth or is does he play in midfield also? i wouldnt deny that he can help Milan through the season 03/04, but its up to Fat Ancelotti to decide who comes or goes!!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's too funny to watch when he tries to stretch for the ball with his short, short legs :D Sure he's noticeable cos he weasels about the pitch all the time but he does it not really efficiently - I thought the objective is to *improve* the team, not to add mediocrity.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
I thought the objective is to *improve* the team, not to add mediocrity.

I think this sums everything up, when mentioning the possible purchase of this player. ;)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No Chevanton has talent and is one of the best goalscorers in Serie A, not bad if u look that he played Serie B last season 0203...
in 30 matches he scored 15 times in Serie B for US Lecce, and now in Serie A in 14 matches already 7 goals, he is more the type like Michael Owen, small, fast, deadly finishing, tricky...
Chevanton is way better than Prso and others, Sheva & Cheva sounds not bad!!! Chevanton for Uruguay in 4 caps 4 goals, thats pure effective, his only problem is he is so fu...ing short, but with his pace and ability he can handle that, Owen also is not the biggest and one of the best strikers in Europe...
Name: ERNESTO JAVIER CHEVANTON
Pos: Attacker / Forward / Striker
Born: 12/08/1980 in Juan Lacaze (Uruguay)
Height: 1,78 m
Weight: 72 kg
In 2000 Chevanton has scored 33 goals in only 30 matches for Danubio, in the uruguayana Serie A!!!!
unfortunately hes not on Milans wish list... :(

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He may be quite a marksman..but when it comes to Milan..we need to sign the very top players and not someone who could turn into a Jose Marie or Javi Moreno..even though they were pretty good players themselves..they couldn't settle into Milan and i gather that is what Chevanton will be...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
Name: ERNESTO JAVIER CHEVANTON
Pos: Attacker / Forward / Striker
Born: 12/08/1980 in Juan Lacaze (Uruguay)
Height: 1,78 m
Weight: 72 kg
In 2000 Chevanton has scored 33 goals in only 30 matches for Danubio, in the uruguayana Serie A!!!!
unfortunately hes not on Milans wish list... :(

He looks like 1,68m *MAX* ;) :D If we should ever hire such a small guy I hope it'll be Ludovic Giuly :cool:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wow..Chevanton is just 1cm taller than me! And he looks so small on the field of play! What's up with all these tall players anyway?

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
We don't need him. We need player like Henry. I think Ancelotti never liked him. You know when henry was at Juve. Ancelotti didn't give him chance.
But Henry is Best Forward in the world and he is too midfilder(great).

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This guy is the shit. We should get him. His size is only a problem if we have wide men, which we don't. I'd rather have him than Bazzani who has long been touted for us. I rate Bazzani but the way we play isn't for him.

Chevanton reminds me a little of Miccoli from last season. I thought Juve did well to get him, we should get Chevanton

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This guy is the shit. We should get him. His size is only a problem if we have wide men, which we don't. I'd rather have him than Bazzani who has long been touted for us. I rate Bazzani but the way we play isn't for him.

Chevanton reminds me a little of Miccoli from last season. I thought Juve did well to get him, we should get Chevanton
after the Lecce game Chevantons name should be known and stand on the list for Milans future transfers in the summer... Lecce will not be able to keep him if bigger clubs make their offers, AS Roma was mentioned last month in Soccerage, because Romas has a striker problem....
He will be a good deal for Milan but it seems Milan has made so many mistakes with players in the past, likely Milan will miss this opportunity too, but Milan cant do nothing wrong with signing this guy, Chevanton is the future for Uruguayan national team, and whoever will get him its a good investment..... even though Milan doesnt have a real striker problem at the moment :rolleyes:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lecce's coach Delio Rossi has said that he hopes Chevanton moves on to a bigger club..in an effort to further his career... He is a fantastic player that can really change the outlook of a team with his individual flair..he would ultimately be a great addition to the Milan squad if we should ever be interested in him..hopefully he took heart of Milan when we played Lecce yesterday and fancies a move to us...:D

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
faaaark chevanton played good against us. i always thought he was a good player but they way he played against us, and our best defence, wat a player. id love to see him play with milan, but theres no room. maybe when pippo retires???
by the way i have never seen anyone give nesta more of a hard time than chevanton did, at least not since nesta was at lazio

sboudefar

Primavera
Reaction score
we need chevanton :) galliani,buy him please!!chevanton is a great player!
sheva is the best and will be the best for our futur!!!
pippo is great but old,he can also play 2 or 3 years!
jdt is not a real killer,he play well but he is not like sheva or pippo
borrielo is younger but he is not play well!

come on chevanton!!

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would rather buy V.Vaart, he is like Kaka.....

And he will be our Van Basten if he come to Milan

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MILAN INTERVIEW CHEVANTON

Milan has had first contact with Lecce over Javier Chevanton. The Uruguayan attacker was impressive against Milan yesterday, scoring his eleventh goal of the season. It is widely expected that Chevanton will move on to a bigger club next season, with interest from all over Europe.

Chevanton was invited to appear on the 'Domenica Sportiva' program last night, and was a guest of Milan's on the flight back to Milano. Milan management made good use of the opportunity to personally interview Chevanton, discovering his intentions for the future.

If Chevanton transferred to Milano, Milan would then acquire Ayodele Makinwa from Modena and pass him to Lecce along with cash. If Lecce were to be relegated, Milan would instead loan recent signing Nicola Pozzi.

src: www.planetmilan.com

sid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Nesta
I saw his play againts Milan..
Quit a talented player I must say..
Maybe good for Milan to keep on eye to him..
He can be usefull..