The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 09-11-2018, 17:45   #1
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default Week 12: Milan vs Juventus 11/11/2018 20:30 CET

Higuain trained with the team today.

It's time to

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 18:11   #2
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Who's playing man on man defense w/ Ronaldo

Roman? Mussachio?

RR can handle Cuadrado. A little worried about our right side

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 18:11   #3
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

2-1 Milan Victory

Higuain and Suso score

& B.S. Ronaldo penalty

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 19:51   #4
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Megan Rapinoe, HOPE SOLO, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.

I want an ugly victory over these Zebras
Andiamooooooo!!

Signature
b@D~HorsiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 20:26   #5
mato
World Cup Winner

So its Donnarumma; RR - Romagnoli - Zapata; Laxalt - Bakayoko - Kessie - Borini; Cutrone - Higuain - Suso???
mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 20:27   #6
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Play to win please, no repeat of that Inter shit.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 21:42   #7
milanista_
AC Milan Legend

Don't expect us to win this at all. It will be like the other meetings against Juventus. Trying to defend for 90 minutes, pass between defenders trying to keep 0-0 but in the end Juventus win 3-0.

The match against Lazio after this game is more important to win. That one is so important not losing if we don't want to be too far away from Lazio.
milanista_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 23:52   #8
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Juventus fans think CR will rape Milan

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 00:50   #9
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla1v1 View Post
Who's playing man on man defense w/ Ronaldo

Roman? Mussachio?

RR can handle Cuadrado. A little worried about our right side

all in all pretty good line up considering ...
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:40   #10
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'd like us to play the 4-3-3, since Hakan seems ok to play? Or otherwise, even with Samu. Against Juventus, it's a great chance for Gattuso to try the fluid football that we were playing earlier in the season. Hardly anyone expects us to even get a point, so why not?

That football is possible only the way we played against Sassuolo, Olympiacos and Chievo. The 4-4-2 that got us points later on is a little more pragmatic without the aesthetically pleasing 3-men midfield short passes.

So I say we go more for the show than the pragmatism against Juventus..Since the pragmatism is not anywhere near guaranteed to get us points in this match.

And the fluid 4-3-3 with our newfound steel might actually be mature enough to take us to the next level now.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:00   #11
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I'd like us to play the 4-3-3, since Hakan seems ok to play? Or otherwise, even with Samu. Against Juventus, it's a great chance for Gattuso to try the fluid football that we were playing earlier in the season. Hardly anyone expects us to even get a point, so why not?

That football is possible only the way we played against Sassuolo, Olympiacos and Chievo. The 4-4-2 that got us points later on is a little more pragmatic without the aesthetically pleasing 3-men midfield short passes.

So I say we go more for the show than the pragmatism against Juventus..Since the pragmatism is not anywhere near guaranteed to get us points in this match.

And the fluid 4-3-3 with our newfound steel might actually be mature enough to take us to the next level now.
So:
Gigio; Calabria, Zapata, Ale, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Laxalt; Suso, Higuain, Hakan/Samu

I agree that we were more fluid and played a lot more attractively with the 4-3-3. And it makes sense that we might as well go for broke because we are at a big disadvantage in this match due to the injury crisis.

However, my worry is Bakayoko who seems serviceable in a double pivot but suffers in any other formation. I don't think he would be able to cope. I also don't think we'd be able to play the kind of football from earlier this season without Biglia (or a new regista).

I'm also a bit concered about one of my new favourites Laxalt who was not in top form against Udinese and was pretty poor against Betis. Laxalt may find it harder playing as a mezzala.

Signature
Feels like home again
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11   #12
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Rijkaard, Gullit, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva, Huntelar, Locatelli

Kessie gonna have to drop deeper to help with Cristiano/Mandzu. I sense Calabria/Abate will be destroyed, but I am hoping for the best. Samu will also have to drop deeper considering how shit our left side is. I don't predict an offensive match for us, just hoping Samu and Suso don't fuck up counters like they usually do.

Signature
FORZA MILAN
Khurrisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13   #13
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

That gap between RB/RWB and RCB has been a problem all season so far. Even this past week Betis and Udinese exploited it but could not get shots on target, otherwise we may have lost both matches.

Signature
Feels like home again
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13   #14
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Very rough fixture for us....

Hoping for the best. Abate doesn't inspire any confidence.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:08   #15
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

If we win this Rino deserves a statue.

I saw a line up recently that didn't look horrible.

Gigio
Calabria-Zapata-Romagnoli-RicRod
Suso-Kessie-Bakayoko-Laxalt
Higuain-Samu

This group can easily deliver a strong match. We're in fight stance anyhow.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:01   #16
Pingu
Resident Penguin

I think 442 is the way to go here considering injuries and Hakan not 100%, no point risking him. Just hope Kessie is fully fit since we'll definitely need him to be on point for this game.

A bit worried about Calabria/Zapata side of things as it seems to be our weak side. Then again, nobody expects us to take any points so lets show them!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:53   #17
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

The line up isn’t horrible and I’d argue that Samu could be more useful than Cutrone in this game. Cutrone doesn’t need many touches in this game to be effective, however i feel Samu has a real moment or two of brilliance in him.

I do have a couple of concerns over the predicted starting line up though.

- You’d have to think that Higuain and Kessie are both underdone in terms of fitness. There’s be no doubt in that. Playing two played underdone against a team like Juve could absolutely crucify you. Problem is we have no choice.

- Bakayoko and Kessie both lose the ball in dangerous areas, Juve can really destroy us here.

- Zapata hasn’t had a real brain fart yet, this is well and truly overdue.

- Hopefully Calabria starts over Abate.

I’m not expecting to take anything form Juve here but you never know. Hopefully we don’t have another deer in head lights moment like against Inter and actually try to attack.

Suso once again is key to our successs, if he can get Sandro on a string that’ll go a long way in getting something out of this game.

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 13:04   #18
Hitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
The line up isnít horrible and Iíd argue that Samu could be more useful than Cutrone in this game. Cutrone doesnít need many touches in this game to be effective, however i feel Samu has a real moment or two of brilliance in him.

I do have a couple of concerns over the predicted starting line up though.

- Youíd have to think that Higuain and Kessie are both underdone in terms of fitness. Thereís be no doubt in that. Playing two played underdone against a team like Juve could absolutely crucify you. Problem is we have no choice.

- Bakayoko and Kessie both lose the ball in dangerous areas, Juve can really destroy us here.

- Zapata hasnít had a real brain fart yet, this is well and truly overdue.

- Hopefully Calabria starts over Abate.

Iím not expecting to take anything form Juve here but you never know. Hopefully we donít have another deer in head lights moment like against Inter and actually try to attack.

Suso once again is key to our successs, if he can get Sandro on a string thatíll go a long way in getting something out of this game.
Underdone?
Old 10-11-2018, 13:19   #19
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Underdone?
Itís a term we use in Austrian football, means not up to 100% fitness. Probably shouldnít have used that terminology.

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 14:00   #20
Hitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Itís a term we use in Austrian football, means not up to 100% fitness. Probably shouldnít have used that terminology.
Regardless, it's a point that they're not 100%, but we can't field an eleven of losers tomorrow.

We have to try to win this, and the beat Lazio as well. If we lose two in a row now I don't think we are able to get CL.