The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2020, 11:48   #1001
Pingu
Theonomenal
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Romagnoli remains a talented defender, still stuck at his level when he moved to Milan. I've always said that giving him the captaincy was not a great decision. Now he has to deal with all that responsibility as well as the effort involved in growing his own game. In some way, Milan is responsible for stunting his career.

It's still not too late for him. I hope he gets the physical and mental space to work on his own game first, and if that means taking the captaincy off him, please do so.

As for guys like Kessie, Conti, Calabria etc, there's nothing to be done. They are tuned off and essentially playing for their monthly wages at this point. They shouldn't have any part in a future project.

Re: Romagnoli it's also that he's had to sit beside mediocre CBs (other than Bonnuci when they had a good run for a couple months) but needs a more experienced strong CB beside him. For example if he went to Juve to play beside Chiellini he could potentially be top class, since he would grow more with less pressure. You're spot on that he's just peaked here at his current level and the factors that contribute to that.


Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:49   #1002
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member
 
JacksonReality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Also, everybody saying that this was Conte "outcoaching" Pioli here, just LOL. Yes Conte is the better coach, yes Pioli needed to make better and quicker subs to get the game back under control. BUT, the biggest reason we lost is because we have players who don't rise to the occasion. This may have a small amount to do with the motivating styles of the coaches, but come on, if you need motivation for this game you're really a loser player...


Goal 1 for Inter - where the fuck were our defensive midfielders not closing down Brozovic... instead, Kessie just turns to the side so he doesn't get hit with the ball rather than just barreling at Brozovic to throw him off... sissy

Goal 2 for Inter - why the hell was Conti being that lazy and why was he the last man back in our own box and not keeping line with the rest of defense??? Laziness... weak mentally.

Goal 3 for Inter - Probably the nicest of their goals, good header. But wow did Romagnoli ever look like a little school boy getting bossed around there. Yet again it's because he mentally switched off. He played great most of the match making sure Lukaku was met quickly and physically and was silent, then on a corner he doesn't mark his man??? Why isn't he right up against De Vrij??? Sloppy.

Goal 4 - who cares, end of the game, Milan was shoved forward. Meh.



- Additionally, I feel bad for Zlatan, this man cares, has character, and is the farthest thing from a loser, what a legend even at 38. Loser team can't even stay motivated for 90 minutes even when they see how hard a 38 year old is trying... shame
Good point, now do the same to our 2 goals.

Gol1: 1st GK injured -> 2nd GK bad -> gol.

Gol2: see gol1
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 17:48   #1003
Boban1982
Scudetto 18
 
Boban1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Also, everybody saying that this was Conte "outcoaching" Pioli here, just LOL. Yes Conte is the better coach, yes Pioli needed to make better and quicker subs to get the game back under control. BUT, the biggest reason we lost is because we have players who don't rise to the occasion. This may have a small amount to do with the motivating styles of the coaches, but come on, if you need motivation for this game you're really a loser player...


Goal 1 for Inter - where the fuck were our defensive midfielders not closing down Brozovic... instead, Kessie just turns to the side so he doesn't get hit with the ball rather than just barreling at Brozovic to throw him off... sissy

Goal 2 for Inter - why the hell was Conti being that lazy and why was he the last man back in our own box and not keeping line with the rest of defense??? Laziness... weak mentally.

Goal 3 for Inter - Probably the nicest of their goals, good header. But wow did Romagnoli ever look like a little school boy getting bossed around there. Yet again it's because he mentally switched off. He played great most of the match making sure Lukaku was met quickly and physically and was silent, then on a corner he doesn't mark his man??? Why isn't he right up against De Vrij??? Sloppy.

Goal 4 - who cares, end of the game, Milan was shoved forward. Meh.



- Additionally, I feel bad for Zlatan, this man cares, has character, and is the farthest thing from a loser, what a legend even at 38. Loser team can't even stay motivated for 90 minutes even when they see how hard a 38 year old is trying... shame
This sums up my thoughts exactly.

I would add that Bonaventura's lax attitude and complete lack of desire when he gave away the ball for the 4th goal. He had only just come on and played like he didn't care. This was the Derby for goodness sake.

I feel the same about Zlatan. His desire and skill got us the lead at half time. I knew we would concede but at least thought we had players who would fight for a draw. Apart from Zlatan they all just collapsed in the second half. .


Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 18:49   #1004
Bird
World Cup Winner
 
Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Romagnoli remains a talented defender, still stuck at his level when he moved to Milan. I've always said that giving him the captaincy was not a great decision. Now he has to deal with all that responsibility as well as the effort involved in growing his own game. In some way, Milan is responsible for stunting his career.

It's still not too late for him. I hope he gets the physical and mental space to work on his own game first, and if that means taking the captaincy off him, please do so.

As for guys like Kessie, Conti, Calabria etc, there's nothing to be done. They are tuned off and essentially playing for their monthly wages at this point. They shouldn't have any part in a future project.
You don't improve by playing vs Serie B teams nor by hiding behind others, you do that by confronting challenges and overcoming the odds. If he can't handle the captaincy of an average Milan team then he will always be average.
He is 25, not 17.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 19:51   #1005
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Romagnoli remains a talented defender, still stuck at his level when he moved to Milan. I've always said that giving him the captaincy was not a great decision. Now he has to deal with all that responsibility as well as the effort involved in growing his own game. In some way, Milan is responsible for stunting his career.

It's still not too late for him. I hope he gets the physical and mental space to work on his own game first, and if that means taking the captaincy off him, please do so.

As for guys like Kessie, Conti, Calabria etc, there's nothing to be done. They are tuned off and essentially playing for their monthly wages at this point. They shouldn't have any part in a future project.
Yeah, we should have given it to Bonaventura who had just asked to leave to Juventus.

Remember, that was your pick?


Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 22:03   #1006
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
 
Savo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Good point, now do the same to our 2 goals.

Gol1: 1st GK injured -> 2nd GK bad -> gol.

Gol2: see gol1
haha i know, but still doesn't justify us falling asleep. Inter were put under pressure they didnt expect from us in the 1st half causing some bad play. After the half they straightened themselves out and if Milan would have met them with a similar intensity we'd be walking out winners, instead we just crumbled mentally and gave up a whopping 4 goals!! I just hate how many loser mentalities we have on the current team


Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 22:06   #1007
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
 
Savo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
You don't improve by playing vs Serie B teams nor by hiding behind others, you do that by confronting challenges and overcoming the odds. If he can't handle the captaincy of an average Milan team then he will always be average.
He is 25, not 17.


Although he's def better than average


Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 22:16   #1008
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Also, everybody saying that this was Conte "outcoaching" Pioli here, just LOL. Yes Conte is the better coach, yes Pioli needed to make better and quicker subs to get the game back under control. BUT, the biggest reason we lost is because we have players who don't rise to the occasion. This may have a small amount to do with the motivating styles of the coaches, but come on, if you need motivation for this game you're really a loser player...


Goal 1 for Inter - where the fuck were our defensive midfielders not closing down Brozovic... instead, Kessie just turns to the side so he doesn't get hit with the ball rather than just barreling at Brozovic to throw him off... sissy

Goal 2 for Inter - why the hell was Conti being that lazy and why was he the last man back in our own box and not keeping line with the rest of defense??? Laziness... weak mentally.

Goal 3 for Inter - Probably the nicest of their goals, good header. But wow did Romagnoli ever look like a little school boy getting bossed around there. Yet again it's because he mentally switched off. He played great most of the match making sure Lukaku was met quickly and physically and was silent, then on a corner he doesn't mark his man??? Why isn't he right up against De Vrij??? Sloppy.

Goal 4 - who cares, end of the game, Milan was shoved forward. Meh.



- Additionally, I feel bad for Zlatan, this man cares, has character, and is the farthest thing from a loser, what a legend even at 38. Loser team can't even stay motivated for 90 minutes even when they see how hard a 38 year old is trying... shame
I'm sorry but all defenders do this now. I hate it but it has to be taught because I see all doing it. If they cant get to the tackle they turn hoping not to give a deflection (and so keeper may see) I guess.

Also - did you guys scapegoat and castigate golden Milan when we went out Depor or lost to Liverpool? We were in better positions in both those matches with vastly superior players.

The Brozovic goal (he wasnt doing anything in the game bar a block and on that shot he just hit it - there wasnt any hesitation) and the De Vrij goal (yes bad marking but it was an insane header) just killed us.

And give the guys credit, they responded and pushed which is why Lukaku ended up with a goal - it wasnt the Gattuso fold and try to keep the score from ballooning - that was a much worse mentality.

If we go forward and get good results then nothing wrong in losing derby, learning experience. If we implode like last year then it did more harm than it should and you can then start looking to blame coaching and players.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 09:20   #1009
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend
 
helloAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: kathmandu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Good point, now do the same to our 2 goals.

Gol1: 1st GK injured -> 2nd GK bad -> gol.

Gol2: see gol1
but for them to concede those goals, we had to bombard them for whole first half and they were bound to make mistakes eventually. us, meanwhile, we just gifted the first two goals to them.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:58.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.