The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban are Milan legends but for things they did on the pitch. Managment wise they haven't showed anything that implicates that they are able to start a serious long term project for the club. So, I get that many fans are sentimental for them and I respect that but we have to start making professional decisions if we want to return being a successful team. Boban just did harakiri and I won't be sad when him and Maldini are gone and we get someone like Rangnick tbh which will be a incredible move for us going forward and for once a real change of direction.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
How can people expect Maldini and Boban (or ANY OTHER DIRECTORS for that matter) achieve the supposed success that would supposedly prove their worth under these conditions in just one fucking season?

How could elliot?

Just the fact that they didn't majorly fuck up and have actually started laying down the foundations for the future should be viewed as a massive success

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just when we start to see some results they press the reset button again.

How stupid can you be. Seriously.
A plague on both your houses

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban are Milan legends but for things they did on the pitch. Managment wise they haven't showed anything that implicates that they are able to start a serious long term project for the club. So, I get that many fans are sentimental for them and I respect that but we have to start making professional decisions if we want to return being a successful team. Boban just did harakiri and I won't be sad when him and Maldini are gone and we get someone like Rangnick tbh which will be a incredible move for us going forward and for once a real change of direction.

:star::thumbsup:

After the nightmare of Italmilan that Berlusconi subjected us to , I thought this day would never come.

Finally, we are moving forward.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Forza Maldini. Forza Boban.
49d14c8fa89b09c4c6b39d5ae5e548de.jpg

Silent protector? Silent ????

Loool

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
How can people expect Maldini and Boban (or ANY OTHER DIRECTORS for that matter) achieve the supposed success that would supposedly prove their worth under these conditions in just one fucking season?

How could elliot?

Just the fact that they didn't majorly fuck up and have actually started laying down the foundations for the future should be viewed as a massive success
Nail on the fucking head.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Zvone the king. Gazidis will f us I tokd u long time ago.

Maldini and Boban are out in the summer

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

How could elliot?

Exactly! This turn of events is very worrying

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would love to see the convesation between gazidis and boban regarding the issue.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Zvone the king. Gazidis will f us I tokd u long time ago.

Maldini and Boban are out in the summer
You must be a proud croatian now mrki. Boban has huge nuts.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He always did, thats why its game over for him now.

How will Gazidis face the fans after this?

I'm not so sure he wins this from Elliott's perspective. Even for a soulless vulture fund some semblance of fan connection is necessary, and if they fire Boban and Maldini to protect a completely dishonest Gazidis that connection will go up in smoke.

What a way to do business, Gazidis.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Does anyone have the full Boban interview? It feels like just a condensed version surfaced yesterday.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan owners Elliott Management Fund purchase a sizable stake of Twitter

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How will Gazidis face the fans after this?

I'm not so sure he wins this from Elliott's perspective. Even for a soulless vulture fund some semblance of fan connection is necessary, and if they fire Boban and Maldini to protect a completely dishonest Gazidis that connection will go up in smoke.

What a way to do business, Gazidis.

Dont worry about gazidis. All spineless creatures can bend as much as they need to.

But yeah, he is dead to most fans now.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dont worry about gazidis. All spineless creatures can bend as much as they need to.

But yeah, he is dead to most fans now.

Fuck Gazidis!

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I can't believe a vulture fund that didn't mind bankrupting a country of 44 million people and devalued their currency to the point of hyperinflation is not hearing our cries :cry::cry:

It's really hard to grasp that Milan is now a portfolio and not an institution, isn't it ?

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice. Boban has thrown the baby out with the bath water. It was inevitable that Maldini and Boban would get fed up and leave eventually, I guess it’s better for the fans that this shit gets openly done sooner rather than later.

I think this season has definitely become the worst in every aspect that I remember of Milan in the last two decades. Technical decisions, management synergy, and probably the worst ownership we’ve had.
Imagine thinking Elliot is worse than the Chinese ownership or even thinking it’s a debate.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My only hope is that we get the stadium approved and that Elliott sells before the summer. Then Gazidis can be perp walked in tar and feathers through the streets of Milano.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thanks. Fuck I'm tired of this shit. When can we dream again?

I wish man.. right now it just looks like there's zero certainly about anything

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
My only hope is that we get the stadium approved and that Elliott sells before the summer. Then Gazidis can be perp walked in tar and feathers through the streets of Milano.

Barring something crazy, there will be no sale this year. And the stadium will be a tortuous process.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From Rossoneriblog.com:

Zvonimir Boban has given a long interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, openly talking about the lack of unity at the top of the club, contradicting Ivan Gazidis’ words from a week ago.

Last week Milan CEO Gazidis talked to La Gazzetta dello Sport’s Andrea Di Caro about the rumours of a rapture between himself and Paolo Maldini & Zvonimir Boban, claiming that “it’s not true, it’s not true, it’s not true [that there are two souls at Milan]. There is only one common vision: to have a modern Milan.”

However, Alessandra Bocci of the same newspaper today published an interview with the Diavolo Chief Football Officer, Boban, in which the Croatian gave his own version of things.

The premise of work is simple: “We don’t think of finding our Milan again because we are not fools and we know that it cannot be replicated. But we would like to bring the club back into the Champions League, with all the understandable differences with the top clubs of today.” However, there doesn’t seem to be one line to follow in the club, with Gazidis wanting Ralf Rangnick at Milan.

Boban, the CEO Gazidis last week got over all the rumours saying that there are no two souls at Milan. What do you think of it?
“Taking into account a thousand initial difficulties, cultural differences and very different Rossoneri passions, with all the divergent views and sometimes opposing thoughts, until a few days ago I thought that this was the reality.”

Then there were the rumours about Rangnick. There have actually been contacts with the German manager and this is not good for the club and does not help the work of the Technical Area…
“The fact that we are talking about these things is not good for anyone, especially on the eve of an important game, like all the games we’re playing now. The worst thing is that this destabilizing event occurs at a time during which the team is growing and Pioli’s great work is seen, at a time when it is perceived that a much better path is being formed. Not warning us was disrespectful and inelegant. It’s not ‘da Milan’. At least what we remembered was Milan…”

So there is no unity of purpose? Isn’t there a single system of work to return to one Grande Milan?
“As I see it, unity means sharing, unity is respect. In the end, the basis of everything is having this approach, it is the only way to be able to work and feel good.”

Have you asked Gazidis for clarification? How long has it been since you talked?
“We have already spoken to Gazidis. For the sake of Milan, it is certainly necessary that a meeting with the ownership takes place as soon as possible.”

You left FIFA because you had big plans with Paolo Maldini…
“I am happy to share and experience this time with a great friend with whom I’ve dreamed of working for a long time. Paolo, like nobody else, represents history and belonging to Milan, he is a good person, he has class and is not a credible and capable director. The chronicle of the facts? The summer mercato was very dynamic and in the end positive, then there was a very unsatisfactory start to the league campaign, for which we take all the responsibility; after which, the change of coach and the construction of a solid base for a project which has been designed for at least three years. This is the summary of our work so far.”

What budget could you work with for the future?
“The ownership must be clear in both the budget and the objectives. In summary: we respect the needs of economic and financial balance to ensure a healthy and correct management of the club, while the owners must respect leaving the sporting results to those who represent the history and values of a great club.”

So there isn’t…
“At the moment, despite the efforts in the January mercato and the many cuts, with two important sales and lowering of the wage bill, we still don’t know what margins we’ll be working with for the summer.”

One of the knots to untie is the renewal of Ibrahimović’s contract…
“Everyone sees the impact that Zlatan has had. He is a special player and I don’t think there is any doubt that we should already address a possible renewal for next season today, regardless of the final result of the team.”

There’s also the problem of the renewal of contracts of Begović and especially Kjær…
“There’s nothing to add to what we’ve seen on the pitch. They are experienced players who have made Milan more solid, it is likely that they will be able to do so also in the next seasons.”

There is the Youth Policy, claimed by Elliott as a cornerstone, shared by you as a matter of fact. But there is also limits. As Maldini has said many times, a team of youngsters has never won anything…
“We were asked to rejuvenate the squad and we’ve done it, but always claiming that we need the right mix of youth and experience. The winter mercato has shown that we were right, just see how the young players have grown in a short time.”

In short, is there an agreement on strategies or not?
“We are sure that Milan has only one way: think big, for a simple fact – it’s called Milan, it has 120 years of winning history and it has won the Champions League seven times.”

So when will we see a Milan like that, at least capable of competing to return to the Champions League?

“In the meantime, we have to finish the season and see where we are, but it’s already a different Milan. We don’t say that we have to win next season, but we should be competitive and fight it out with everyone, at least in Italy. We are well aware that we are not experiencing the Milan of our day, but there has to be some real ambition that makes you dream.”

Ibrahimović is the junction, in one role or another. Will he stay?
“Paolo called him first and then I continued also because of the language and the Balkan character we have. It was fun when he called me at around 22:00 on Christmas Eve saying: ‘Boban, congratulations to Milan, you got Ibrahimović. Merry Christmas and see you soon’. Anyways, the OK from London came almost immediately. Let’s hope we can move forward.”

Great players, although senior, and good prospects are needed to bring Milan back to the top. It also takes, according to the ownership and not only, a new stadium. It’s a priority for Elliott. What do you think of it?
“It’s a great thing and you have to do it, it would be nice for the most important football city in the world. Having said that, the new San Siro with the most advanced standards would be great and I believe that Elliott with its directors would be more than capable of doing a world architectural miracle.”

There is this idea in people that the ownership is a bit far from the society of Calcio and the Italian society. What do you think?
“We know how important it is to have a Milanese and Italian identity. You can also inculcate it to foreign boys, I think there are many good examples. We understand that sometimes it’s difficult for foreign ownerships to understand it, but it’s a fundamental step. You must never get to the point of ‘de-Italianization’ and ‘de-Milanization’. It would really be like losing your soul. I say it as a patriotic Croatian who loves this club, this city and this beautiful country.”

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Barring something crazy, there will be no sale this year. And the stadium will be a tortuous process.

I am trying to let it sink in that Elliott is busy at work removing the ceo and founder of a company with market cap 25-30x the value of Milan.

I think the writing was always on the wall on what's going to happen to the upper management once they failed.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just want some stability in this team. We can't keep overhauling the management every single year and start from scratch

The simple way I see it: to see success sooner rather than later, M&B and their experience+youth philosophy is the way to go

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I fucking love Boban.

Such class. The interview just made me respect him even more

Yep.

It's a very balanced interview, and a master class PR move. It will be interesting to see how this snowballs further. If they are shitcanned over Rangnick they will leave with their heads held high. I hope the door is open under new ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule