The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2021, 13:18   #281
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
The performances have dropped since his return against Torino.
The intensity has decreased and the transitions into attack are slower and easier to defend against.

He's making us more Hakan dependent than we need to be.

But yeah, sure, it's all him.



Fiorentina invested a lot and yet they regressed after firing Pioli.

Only Pioli has made Top 3 with Lazio in the last 13 years.

Bologna had a good run with Pioli for a few years while selling their best players every year. Then they fired him and dropped into the relegation zone and got relegated.

Mid 2010s Inter was a shitshow apart from the great run they had with Pioli.
Spalletti got squad reinforcement and he kept Pioli's 4-2-3-1.

I agree, it was a rough decade for Serie A's most underrated coach. He's finally in a club that accommodates his needs.
The only ones pissed off about this are opponents, and weirdos like you who would rather see Milan relegated than winning with a wing-based lone striker formation.
Im just pointing facts, dont be mad about.

Lets enjoy our good run with Pioli, is our time.. i want to last for the decade, but he shows no skills to change the lads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
With that lineup Australiano posted, I'm not sure if he wants Conte or GP as a coach instead of top-of-the-table Pioli. Three at the back, but a 1-2 upfront.
Its only to give Theo freedom, he's clearly putting a effort to improve his defensive skills and putting aside his runs, it will also give more options for Hakan in the 3/3 of the field.
i'm not a fan of three defenders either.


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 17:42   #282
Pingu
Revolution
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
i want to last for the decade, but he shows no skills to change the lads.


From what I've witnessed in terms of mentality and spirit, the one thing he's nailed completely is how to deploy his players effectively and be a father figure. They all love him.


Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:22   #283
irkuysm
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Agree. His father figure build up this young team very well indeed.
irkuysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 08:28   #284
nanook
Primavera Player
 
nanook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default


replay - https://i.imgur.com/by4pjXo.gif

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 14:02   #285
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Theo again leaves to Romagnoli only troubles. Should be playing left winger for atleast a month now.


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 14:12   #286
VooDooDoll
))<>((
 
VooDooDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Moon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Theo again leaves to Romagnoli only troubles. Should be playing left winger for atleast a month now.
this is our half of game plan - play left side
other is long ball since midfield cant carry ball forward
kessie is on this side - was the answer of pioli.


Signature


Pioli: "Can Tomori stop Lukaku? He is doing well, he has different characteristics from the others. But for technical and physical characteristics, Tomori is better at playing against Lautaro or Sanchez, he's fast but not that powerful to counter such attackers. He is intelligent, I'm happy with his performances.


positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna?, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo?

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 13:19   #287
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
this is our half of game plan - play left side
other is long ball since midfield cant carry ball forward
kessie is on this side - was the answer of pioli.
Actually you started in number four. Pioli's game plans were.

1 Continue using Giampaolo's tactics
2 #1 didnt work, Ibra coming will tell us how to play
3 Throw the ball to Ibra
4 Theo runs
5 Calabria's long shooting

Pioli doenst have a identity, i hope people dont come out here saying 'he makes high pressure marking'... every coach are doing that.. or ppl dont remember Bacca and Luiz Adriano doing high pressure??


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 15:21   #288
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Pioli is not like a Guardiola or Conte. With those guys you have a clear identity, which is cool but thats not the only way to work.

Most Italian coaches are adaptive to the players they have. Its too lazy to just say that Pioli doesn't have tactics. When we were ripping the other teams apart, the tactics certainly played a part. We were attacking right, left and centre and we barely conceded any goals.

The problem is that our players are tired. We have hardly had space since the end of last season since we went to play on Portugal and we were playing 100% intensity in part II of last season.

You have to give the guy some room to work. Actually he has tried three formation variations so far and for the most part the team understood its basics.

I want to believe that we need a good recovery period because we are a deadly team when we are fit and healthy. Its a tough and nerve wrecking season and we just have to grind it through.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 17:39   #289
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Actually you started in number four. Pioli's game plans were.

1 Continue using Giampaolo's tactics
2 #1 didnt work, Ibra coming will tell us how to play
3 Throw the ball to Ibra
4 Theo runs
5 Calabria's long shooting

Pioli doenst have a identity, i hope people dont come out here saying 'he makes high pressure marking'... every coach are doing that.. or ppl dont remember Bacca and Luiz Adriano doing high pressure??
You've provided us with a lot of shit takes lately, but this takes the cake. You're probably not fully serious, but it's bad enough at 10% srs.

If you can't see a difference between our tactics in Pioli's first games and the ones under Giampaolo then you're not fit to use a computer or phone.
Pioli made fundamental changes in terms of formation, let alone the specific roles, and this was before the switch to 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.
Also, I'm not sure even Giampaolo could pinpoint to what his tactics where, considering that he dropped the 4-3-1-2 immediately, and found new ways to make us vomit until he got fired.

Pioli was able to take advantage of the strengths of all his players, which is how the team managed to get better results than any other Italian team since Jan 2020, despite never-ending injury and COVID problems.

This site deserves an anti-Pioli poster that isn't a complete imbecile. Where are you??


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 20:42   #290
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon
 
kevin_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Default

Clicked on Theo's thread then thought I was in Pioli's thread for a second.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 13:30   #291
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Pioli is not like a Guardiola or Conte. With those guys you have a clear identity, which is cool but thats not the only way to work.

Most Italian coaches are adaptive to the players they have. Its too lazy to just say that Pioli doesn't have tactics. When we were ripping the other teams apart, the tactics certainly played a part. We were attacking right, left and centre and we barely conceded any goals.

The problem is that our players are tired. We have hardly had space since the end of last season since we went to play on Portugal and we were playing 100% intensity in part II of last season.

You have to give the guy some room to work. Actually he has tried three formation variations so far and for the most part the team understood its basics.

I want to believe that we need a good recovery period because we are a deadly team when we are fit and healthy. Its a tough and nerve wrecking season and we just have to grind it through.
I get what you saying. Conte and Guardiola had demands.
I dont have nothing against Pioli, but his work. Im speaking only about the field.
We caught a Ibra wave and is passing. We gonna go further down in the years to come if we dont fix this.

Like i said, i would like Pioli to be the new Sacchi, i really do, but look at the last games, he is uncapable to change the team on the field, everyone can see that.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
You've provided us with a lot of shit takes lately, but this takes the cake. You're probably not fully serious, but it's bad enough at 10% srs.

If you can't see a difference between our tactics in Pioli's first games and the ones under Giampaolo then you're not fit to use a computer or phone.
Pioli made fundamental changes in terms of formation, let alone the specific roles, and this was before the switch to 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.
Also, I'm not sure even Giampaolo could pinpoint to what his tactics where, considering that he dropped the 4-3-1-2 immediately, and found new ways to make us vomit until he got fired.

Pioli was able to take advantage of the strengths of all his players, which is how the team managed to get better results than any other Italian team since Jan 2020, despite never-ending injury and COVID problems.

This site deserves an anti-Pioli poster that isn't a complete imbecile. Where are you??
Calm down kiddo, its not personal, so lets skip the name calling and just keep the classy, this is Milan's forum.

If you have opinions just expose them and be respectful.

The 'shit takes lately' i've been talking.

https://sempremilan.com/ml-pioli-ope...ive-formations


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 15:40   #292
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post

Calm down kiddo, its not personal, so lets skip the name calling and just keep the classy, this is Milan's forum.

If you have opinions just expose them and be respectful.

The 'shit takes lately' i've been talking.

https://sempremilan.com/ml-pioli-ope...ive-formations
I try to be respectful, but at the some point you have to call the spade a spade.
In this case it's impossible to not question your intelligence.


The irony about your 4-3-1-2 obsession is that it would be actual "throw the ball to Ibra" tactics.
He's the only reason to use that formation, and the only striker that could make it work.
We would have to dump it and build from scratch again as soon as Ibra leaves.
You know, like after his last Milan stint.

I'm glad Pioli refrained from Allegri-esque shortsighted pragmatism.
Ibra has become more of an obstacle than a key to Pioli's high press approach.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 14:37   #293
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I try to be respectful, but at the some point you have to call the spade a spade.
In this case it's impossible to not question your intelligence.


The irony about your 4-3-1-2 obsession is that it would be actual "throw the ball to Ibra" tactics.
He's the only reason to use that formation, and the only striker that could make it work.
We would have to dump it and build from scratch again as soon as Ibra leaves.
You know, like after his last Milan stint.

I'm glad Pioli refrained from Allegri-esque shortsighted pragmatism.
Ibra has become more of an obstacle than a key to Pioli's high press approach.
I dont recall mentioned 4312. Our defense is too exposed.

The only way to play 4312 would be

calabra...kajer...tomori...roma(GlueDownToTheFloor )
benna...kessie...theo
hakan
rebic...leao

Ibra is a player for entering during the game.. bennacer or tonali and we need to use Theo's agression, he is good in breaking lines (similar position as Serginho).


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 21:54   #294
Benz_1803
classic 1994
 
Benz_1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fav. Players: Milan legendary
Default

1. Ruined 3 good counters
2. Almost gave udinese 2 free goals.

Still playing bellow standart.


Signature

Last edited by Benz_1803; 03-03-2021 at 22:31.
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 00:41   #295
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_1803 View Post
1. Ruined 3 good counters
2. Almost gave udinese 2 free goals.

Still playing bellow standart.
Or maybe you guys set a 'standart' too high for him.


Signature
Australiano1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 14:47   #296
milanator
AC Milan Legend
 
milanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austria
Default

Imo also overplayed, lacked sharpness with some horrendous fuck ups.
He also starts to be too head through the wall in attack, I also noticed that he is less goal hungry and more focused on drawing fouls recently. That's not wrong per se, but if you too eager about getting fouls imo it gets to a point where Referees award you less.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 22:48   #297
Benz_1803
classic 1994
 
Benz_1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fav. Players: Milan legendary
Default

Like i said this guy should never starting again, we are so mess in attack with his idiotic solo run and his predictable left footed play.
Why pioli never understand this?
Dalot is offer something on lb which is cutting inside and open the opposition defence, when with theo we were so wide, so crowd in left wing.
Our starting wingbacks should be dalot, calabria and kalulu.
Theo can play if we are 2 goal ahead.


Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 22:52   #298
WILL2K
Magical Milan
 
WILL2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC , US
Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)
Default

^

In times of crisis, maybe we can try him as SS/CF with Dalot on the natural left position and Kalulu on the right.


Signature

" I wasn't born Ronaldinho, but thanks to strong will I managed to touch the sky ... ".
Filippo Inzaghi
WILL2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 23:10   #299
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend
 
Mexes5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_1803 View Post
Like i said this guy should never starting again, we are so mess in attack with his idiotic solo run and his predictable left footed play.
Why pioli never understand this?
Dalot is offer something on lb which is cutting inside and open the opposition defence, when with theo we were so wide, so crowd in left wing.
Our starting wingbacks should be dalot, calabria and kalulu.
Theo can play if we are 2 goal ahead.
That is absolutely ridiculous
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 23:15   #300
Benz_1803
classic 1994
 
Benz_1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fav. Players: Milan legendary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexes5 View Post
That is absolutely ridiculous
Why it is rudiculous? We play better 2 games recently without theo starting, this rebic/leao-theo combo on left is not working anymore, its so predictable and prone to counters and the most important thing it makes other player getting frustated.


Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.