MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hernanes is a pretty technically gifted player. Is Casemiro anywhere near that or like that?

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Hernanes is a pretty technically gifted player. Is Casemiro anywhere near that or like that?

hernanes can make the team play.. casemiro dont have hernanes pass or vision.

Spielmacher

Protagonista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini, Weah, Gullit
Deserve a bump I guess.
We've been heavily linked with this guy...but I wonder why nobody flooded this thread with new information, especially from our brazilian contributors.

Not a youtube worthy?

Come on guys, any comment or info?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he has been linked with us in January... and wasnt Bradia at his last game?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lots of raw talent-

I love idea of bringing him, salamon (from brescia), eriksen etc. Molding them. But will we do it properly or play them? If we had someone like Fergie or Wenger I'd feel more confident.

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Only watching ytclips of this player but for me he seems like a box2box almost defensive midfielder style player. He does not have the samba flair so why buy a player from Brazil when he possesses 'german' skills?
I would rather see Milan waste the non-EU spot on more flairish players like 1.Oscar (or 2.Ganso. Ganso second choice due to many, many injuries. Perhaps on his way out of the wish list)

....but for the right price then ok buy Casemiro. Who knows perhaps he is the Brazilian van Bommel with better skills. (Not very likely)

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Arsenal have joined the race for Brazilian youngster Casemiro. Currently at Sao Paulo, he also interests Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Only watching ytclips of this player but for me he seems like a box2box almost defensive midfielder style player. He does not have the samba flair so why buy a player from Brazil when he possesses 'german' skills?
I would rather see Milan waste the non-EU spot on more flairish players like 1.Oscar (or 2.Ganso. Ganso second choice due to many, many injuries. Perhaps on his way out of the wish list)

....but for the right price then ok buy Casemiro. Who knows perhaps he is the Brazilian van Bommel with better skills. (Not very likely)

yeah well we need a creative one now but we also need a defensive one long term.

If we get Eriksen, van der vaart etc. they are EU so why not use nonEU on a big prospect.

He has potential to be next De Rossi, Essien type (box to box mid, capable of anchoring with some more maturity). Or you know, what we imagine Thiago Silva would be if we made him full time mid.

He's so young. For a CM, big time prospect to be this strong and intelligent a player.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Lots of raw talent-

I love idea of bringing him, salamon (from brescia), eriksen etc. Molding them. But will we do it properly or play them? If we had someone like Fergie or Wenger I'd feel more confident.

Yeah I worry about how we develop our young talent. I worry we will ruin El Sha who is a big time prospect and I dont like that we sent away Merkel...

But I think with more and more guys leaving having some young talent coming in as replacements is probably the best way to go

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah I worry about how we develop our young talent. I worry we will ruin El Sha who is a big time prospect and I dont like that we sent away Merkel...

But I think with more and more guys leaving having some young talent coming in as replacements is probably the best way to go

El Shaarawy will prove his worth before end of season. Allegri's clearly going slow with him, but i like idea of him and Robinho behind a CF in a 4-3-2-1/4-3-3/4-3-1-2 fluid look.

He's not even 19 yet.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Germany NT got more flairish and creative players than Brazil. On the other side Brazil got tons of potentially WC defenders and defensive midfielders, certainly more than Germany.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Germany NT got more flairish and creative players than Brazil. On the other side Brazil got tons of potentially WC defenders and defensive midfielders, certainly more than Germany.

Italy has 2 of best strikers under 24 and no defenders.

Everything is upside down..... This is all proof of global warming.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Italy has 2 of best strikers under 24 and no defenders.

Everything is upside down..... This is all proof of global warming.

Spain winning real stuff. Argentina with the best forward line they could've ever had, and getting shut down by Venezuela. 2012 is happening (it's true 2 weeks without seeing the sun in the tropic is too much of a disaster).

Spielmacher

Protagonista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini, Weah, Gullit
England still hyping their talents, Netherlands still using 433/451, Portugal got no clinical striker.
Nope...not everything is upside down.
:D

On a serious note, judging a non flair type of player from a youtube or video was very hard. CB >> DM/CM >> FB/WB/Winger/Side Mid >> Striker >> AM/SS. So...if Braida in Brasil to do some scouting on CB or DM/CM, it's better be a serious talent for our Non EU spot.

Off topic note, if Milan somehow acquire someone i.e: C.Zapata from Villareal on January or July 2012, does it mean we have used our Non EU spot? Considering he's been in Serie A before.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Sao Paulo playing Libertad now, Casemiro just came on if anyone interested.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I saw him in u-20, wasnt impressed... he seems more of an inter-type player, very physical and direct...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still cant see how we could get him, he wont come cheaply

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't necessarily see a point in him unless we are convinced he can become anchor of the future.

What I've seen he has that potential, though I'm unsure on positioning and passing range. Sven, comments?

I think positioning can be worked on, but how is his passing range and under pressure?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily see a point in him unless we are convinced he can become anchor of the future.

What I've seen he has that potential, though I'm unsure on positioning and passing range. Sven, comments?

I think positioning can be worked on, but how is his passing range and under pressure?

His passing is very average. He don't try anything special, he plays short and simple. His best asset is physical though, he runs a lot, open spaces, make forward runs... His shoot seems good also.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
I saw him in u-20, wasnt impressed... he seems more of an inter-type player, very physical and direct...

Too be honest, we might need some direct players.

Bayern and Man United are made up of 8 out of 11 starting players that are direct. They are doing pretty good right now.

Casemiro will probably play outside mid.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Too be honest, we might need some direct players.

Bayern and Man United are made up of 8 out of 11 starting players that are direct. They are doing pretty good right now.

Casemiro will probably play outside mid.

Man Utd and Bayern play a somewhat similar system where the 2 holders are required to be very direct, but at Milan the formation requires for more technical players who can pick out the smart pass in small space and move the team forward, Casemiro is not that man from what ive seen, but he would definetly suit the Bayern or Man Utd game.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
braida vs raiola watched casemiro. I hope milan will buy casemiro!

If the guy is DM then I hope NOT! This is the mentality that is killing my African brothers; their own is always better than ours. What happened to strasser and possibly Calvano. If the youth team project is ever going to work, buying more young players without TRYING to use the ones we have is counter-intuitive and will kill it. We need guys like Bommel who are just passing bye while we exercise some patience with the younger guys we already have.
Let no one tell me their own is better than ours because I can tell you that Pedro from Barca wouldn't be a automatic starter at say Chelsea or Utd but he is at Barca because he has learnt their way of playing football. We need to have our own way of playing too-something people would immediately associate with us. At this time, I'd take the boring counter-attacking style of Utd. I'm in desperation .

Last edited:
Reaction score
braida vs raiola watched casemiro. I hope milan will buy casemiro!

Casemiro replaced an injured player at the beggining of the game (he didn´t start playing) and was substituted in the same game. Accordingly to Leao (Sao Paulo DT) he was not playing very well. That is what braida watched. Not very promising

enyce

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hulk T.silva Paolo Maldini Kaká Gattuso Pato Nesta
Pauline: "The price has dropped, costs Casemiro 12m"

"The approach to Hernanes, because he advanced his center of gravity, then it can be a player to" dam "as it could be Emerson, makes Casemiro a talent to be reckoned with. Roma's Sabatini: Casemiro following for some time, certainly the Rome the opportunity 'to compete with anyone for Casemiro, and whose prices are' down. Now 'at odds with the company' and you can 'take 12 million. "Stefano Paolini calcomercato expert, interviewed by Radio IES, spoke the young Brazilian followed by Milan in Italy, Roma and Inter.

he'll most likely go to roma. Maybe to replace De Rossi :g:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
UP

before someone makes a new thread

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
how is this guy anyway? some say he's good, others say he's bad. and then some say he's just not what we need.