Brazilian Football Thread

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
MilanoMichael said:
I don't see the hype over her. Killer body, but so-so face.
That's as good as the blondies from the south, with german descent, get. Personally, I wouldn't trade her face for any other on earth. She has one of the most beautiful faces, even though I do think there are sexier women.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
MilanoMichael said:
reality.jpg

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Jasper said:
:tongue: Fucker I wouldn't mind a space in her teeth. And I've already said she has a SMOKIN' body. But her face is... Bland.

Gimme this V-S model instead:

Check out that turd-cutter!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
radioactivenerd said:
not sure why im asking this in this thread, but where has Bimma vanished? she cant have left cos DIDASTER isnt playing much now is it...i certainly didnt think she was here just for that.

ya where is beemie and where is lia ?

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Portugal are playing terribly at the moment & Brazil are not much better, they have some of the most overrated players in the world.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DSM said:
Portugal are playing terribly at the moment & Brazil are not much better, they have some of the most overrated players in the world.
If anything, the players are being underated. Maicon and Julio Cesar are underated, and we know it. Robinho is only getting recognition now, even though he has been doing wonders for years, and is definitely not overated. Luis Fabiano is criminally underated. Juan is underated. Ronaldinho is currently underated.

Who are the overated players? Kaka??!?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Nielsenb41 said:
If anything, the players are being underated. Maicon and Julio Cesar are underated, and we know it. Robinho is only getting recognition now, even though he has been doing wonders for years, and is definitely not overated. Luis Fabiano is criminally underated. Juan is underated. Ronaldinho is currently underated.

gilberto silva

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
----------------------------J.Cesar
------Maicon------T.Silva-----------Juan-------Maxwell/Marcelo
--------------------------G.Silva/L.Leiva
----------------Elano-----------------Anderson
----------------------Kaka--------Robinho
---------------------------L.Fabiano

great team, maybe a better DM and a better CB would make it stronger,

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milano84 said:
gilberto silva
Nobody rates him anymore. Unfortunately, Brazil doesn't have anyone as experiencied in such a role anymore, so he still starts, but hopefully Anderson, Felipe Melo, Lucas Leiva, Rodrigo Possebon, Hernanes and Denilson will take care of the future..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Thread overhaul

gisele_bundchen.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Jivara said:

is that a xmas tree i see?!?!!

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nielsenb41 said:

In my opinion the likes of Robinho are overrated, he could'nt get a regular game in a poor Madrid side & that says it all. The guy has talent, but sadly is as thick as two short planks.

Players like Anderson etc are no better than average & would be seen this way if they where not Brazilian.

The likes of Kaka' & Ronaldinho are not in the class of great players from years gone by. I don't think for example Kaka' is abetter player than Rui Costa was when at Fiorentina, Kaka' however has earnt more plaudits because he his Brazilian(they are all good I know that, not as good as some like to think).

Spain & Argentina for me have easily the most amount of talent in world football & therefore the best attacking players.

Brazil have been poor for years & it cannot all be blamed on Dunga & the managers in charge.

Last edited:

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DSM said:
In my opinion the likes of Robinho are overrated, he could'nt get a regular game in a poor Madrid side & that says it all. The guy has talent, but sadly is as thick as two short planks.
Don't let such a small thing as a fact get in your way. Robinho was no bench warmer in Real Madrid, in fact he was one of the most influential players in the team, if not the most. He got a nasty injury by the end of the season and had to sit out of games while recovering. Anyone that followed Real Madrid's last two seasons will tell you the same. Here's a quote from the Real Madrid Man of the Match thread from another board:

FINAL STANDINGS in the RMBS MAN OF THE MATCH THREAD.

1.CASILLAS 44.5
2. ROBINHO 43
3. RAUL 43
4. GAGO 39
5. PEPE 37

6. RAMOS 35.5
7. SNEIJDER 33
8. HEINZE 29
9. GUTI 21
10. CANNAVARO 18

SO IT'S CONGRATULATIONS TO IKER WHO RETAINS HIS TITLE FOR ANOTHER YEAR. Congratulations also to Robinho who repeats his second.

STANDINGS BASED ON SCORING POINTS (TOP 10)

1. CASILLAS 1145
2. ROBINHO 1116
3. SNEIJDER 1034
4. RAUL 1022
5. GAGO 972
6. PEPE 870
7. RAMOS 704
8. GUTI 660
9. HEINZE 478
10. CANNAVARO 448

GAMES AS MOTM (TOP 10)

1. ROBINHO 7
2=. CASILLAS 6
2=. RAMOS 6
4=. HEINZE 5
4=. PEPE 5
6=. RAUL 4
6=. SNEIJDER 4
8=. GAGO 2
8= van NISTELROOY 2
8=. HIGUAIN 2.

POINTS PER MINUTES PLAYED(TOP 10)

1. PEPE 0.44
2. ROBINHO 0.40
3. GAGO 0.37
4. SNEIJDER 0.36
5. CASILLAS 0.28
6. RAUL 0.25
7. HEINZE 0.22
8. RAMOS 0.18
9. GUTI 0.18
10. ROBBEN 0.17

--------------------

And now he's tearing it up in England with 8 goals already and turning a team that plays with Darius Vassel and Benjani into the second best scorer in the league.

Players like Anderson etc are no better than average & would be seen this way if they where not Brazilian.
Got into a Champions League and Premiership champions side, at 19, after 6 months on the sidelines and slotted in effortlessly into a position that he had never played before, and had to carry the team's midfield alongside Hargreaves for 1/3 of the season while Scholes and Carrick were out. Yeah, definitely no better than average.

The likes of Kaka' & Ronaldinho are not in the class of great players from years gone by. I don't think for example Kaka' is abetter player than Rui Costa was when at Fiorentina, Kaka' however has earnt more plaudits because he his Brazilian(they are all good I know that, not as good as some like to think).
Not being as good as Zico and Pele make them overated? I see.

Spain & Argentina for me have easily the most amount of talent in world football & therefore the best attacking players.
So, Spain and Argentina having the most amount of talend makes Brazil overated?

Brazil have been poor for years & it cannot all be blamed on Dunga & the managers in charge.
Brazil won the last Confederations Cup and the last two Copa Americas, is in front of Argentina in the qualifiers, but of course, unless they win every single World Cup they're an overated bunch...

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Jivara said:

they have a great dm he is

emerson!!!!
:proud: :proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Brazil Preview Part One: Goalie and Defense
January 20th, 2009 | By: Julian | 14 Comments »

I’m going all out in my preview for the upcoming friendly against Brazil. “But Julian,” you cry, “it’s just a friendly.” We’ll you’re wrong. It’s the two most successful national teams in the world facing each other. It could get very heated and should be very exciting. This is Lippi’s toughest test yet, even though it’s just a friendly. Win here and he writes his name in the history books. Lose and, well, we all know the Italian press- expect the word “crisis” to be thrown around like the it’s the Hindenburg. Without further ado, let’s look at their squad.
Brazil’s Squad

2 DF Maicon
3 DF Thiago Silva
4 DF Luisão
5 MF Anderson
6 DF Kléber
7 MF Kaká
8 MF Gilberto Silva
9 FW Adriano
10 MF Ronaldinho
11 FW Robinho
12 GK Doni
13 DF Daniel Alves
14 DF Lúcio
15 DF Miranda
16 DF Marcelo
17 MF Josué
18 MF Alex
19 MF Mancini
20 MF Diego
21 FW Alexandre Pato

Lads and gents, this is a lineup not to be messed with. Anyone with even a passing interest in soccer should be able to recognize some of these names: Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka… This isn’t the roster that’s been announced for our friendly. But it is the most recent one and I don’t expect to see too many changes. Of course, I’ll post the real one and note any changes as we get closer. But this is a good start to look at the team.

Here’s a quick rundown on Brazil: The Selecao are arguably the most famous soccer team in the world. Most non-soccer fans equate World Cups and the beautiful game with their classic green and yellow jersey. They’re the best club in national team history if trophies and World Cups are to go by. Joga bonito is their game, and they often play it rather well. They haven’t been doing stellar recently but… c’mon. Look at that lineup. Breaking it down categorically, with a focus on their back 5 for today:
Goalies
jc-300x230.jpg

They have not only one but two stellar goalies. JC is the starter for Inter and one of the best in the world. He really doesn’t have too many weaknesses. He’s good at positioning, great at catching, and a good leader overall. Thankfully, we have one of the few goalies better than him in Buffon, but Cesar could walk into just about any team not named “Real Madrid” or “Juventus” and take the starting spot. They also have a very good backup in Doni. He’s not at JC or Buffon’s level but he’s pretty good. Great at reflex shots, not so much on positioning. But we probably won’t see him anyway since JC usually gets the nod, and deservedly so. To put it in laymen’s terms- Toni, Rossi, my grandma, or whoever Lippi calls up is going to have to play very, very well in order to score. I doubt we’ll see a fluke goal like we saw with Gila a few games ago. Not with goalies like this.
Defense: Right Backs

Their defense is also quite nasty. They have far and away the best fullback in the world in Dani Alves. He’s been terrifying on Barca, especially on offense, so our backline is going to have their hands full. For real, have you guys seen Barca play at all this year? The whole team is terrifyingly good but Alves especially has been outstanding. His form right now makes WC 06 Grosso look like Wayne Bridge. He was shaky defensively at first but now he’s much better, and his crosses are often magical. Maicon is the other fullback we really have to watch out for, and he’s no stranger to Serie A fans. He plys his trade at Inter and has developed into on of the best fullbacks in the world. He’s a monster defensively and very, very strong going forward. He’s a big guy and isn’t afraid to get into physical contact. Our two wingbacks are going to have their hands full with these guys. Don’t expect much forward movement from Grosso/Zambro/Dossena. The only saving grace here is that they’re both right backs. I don’t know who usually starts, but unless Dunga decides to play one of them on the left (and I wouldn’t put it past him), we only have to worry about one of them.
Defense: Left Back

I have no clue who usually plays left fullback. Alex? Kleber? My grandma? Either way this could be the weakest point of their defense. But only because their right backs are so good and their center backs are also quite strong. Which brings me to my next point:
Centre Backs

(Like the old English spelling I used there?)

It’s almost ironic the way this turned out. Italy used to be known for great defense and Brazil for great offense. But based off of this lineup, you’d think it’s Brazil who play the better defense. They have a lot of guys to pick from here- Juan wasn’t even called it. It’s almost like my brother once said: “Put more of me in it.” And if that last sentence didn’t make sense, too bad.
ts.jpg

Silva is quite the young CB. He was recently signed by Milan. I should repeat that. Milan signed a young defender. That sentence alone should be enough to convince you of his quality. It was for me.

Juan isn’t on this list but he’ll probably be called up. He’s a starter on Roma and provides quite the duo along with Mexes. He’s pretty solid- not the biggest and bulkiest guy, but he’s got good position and reading of the game. Alex on Chelsea is another solid CB who has a fair shot of getting called up. He isn’t getting much playing time over at Chelsea, but seeing how this is a friendly, Dunga may want to see if he’s still good enough for qualifiers. Lucio is the other big name here. Appointed captain in 2006 (thank you Wiki), he seems to be a regular starter under Dunga. Don’t know much about him but the captain’s gotta be pretty good, right?

Next post: A look at thier midfield. And if you thought the defense had big names, just wait until we cover that.

http://italy.worldcupblog.org/group-e/brazil-preview-part-one-goalie-and-defense.html

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil Preview Part Two: Midfield
January 22nd, 2009 | By: Julian | 5 Comments »

We covered Brazil’s defense last time, and this time we’ll look at their midfield. Some of you guys seemed to think that I was a little… enthusiastic about their defense, seeing as I used words like “stellar” and phrases like “best in the world.” I may have come off sounding like Ray Hudson talking about Barca, but I stand by what I said. I’m really hoping our defense will be able to stop Alves/Maicon, and more specifically, the crosses they put in. But we’ll worry about that when the game actually comes. We still have 2/3rds of their team to preview, so let’s get on with it.

If you guys forgot what their entire roster looks like (and If you did, that’s pretty pathetic. It’s been like 2 days), click here for a refresher.

Here’s the guys we’re interested in today:
5 MF Anderson
7 MF Kaká
8 MF Gilberto Silva
10 MF Ronaldinho
17 MF Josué
18 MF Alex
19 MF Mancini
20 MF Diego

On paper this looks pretty nasty. Ronaldinho and Kaka on the same team? Werder Bremen’s maestro Diego? Man U’s young star Anderson? It seems like they’ve got everyone and a bag of chips. How could we possibly stop them?

Firstly, let’s establish the positives about their midfield. Firstly and most importantly, since my grandma plays fullback on their defense, we don’t have to worry about her here (Is this running joke even funny? Please post replies in the comments). All kidding aside, they have some of the biggest current stars in soccer. Ronaldinho and Kaka are two of the biggest soccer players of the past decade, and Kaka on form is still one of the best players in the world. Furthermore, the Brazilians have all have reason to do well:

* Rat-Face will want to prove that he’s still got it.
* Anderson is an energetic youngster and will be eager to impress against a big team.
* Mancini is going through rough times at Inter, and will want to establish himself as deserving of a starting place.

Basically, everyone’s got their own motivations to shine on this one. I really don’t think we’ll see dour, boring football. Too much seems to be going on at an individual level, and I think everyone on Brazil will want to perform well and prove themselves. The plus-side here is that the midfield, at least, will play less as a friendly and more like a competitive game, which means the game won’t be nearly as boring as an episode of The Hills.
use.jpg

Luckily for us, big names don’t always equal a great team. Having superstars is nice, but a team can’t win things with great players on paper alone (see: England). The guys have to play as a team, and Brazil’s midfield have struggled with this in the past. Ronaldinho and Kaka can’t really play together- they’re the Brazilian version of Lampard and Gerrard. We’re starting to see this at Milan, too, with Kaka being played deeper than he’d like. And if they don’t gel, it benefits us all the more. If they’re not playing at 100%, it’s thier loss and our gain. Then again, that all depends on what formation Dunga uses and who he actually starts. But if he does start Ronaldinho and Kaka, based on past history I don’t expect them to set the world on fire.

Another potential problem for them is that we have one of the best ball-winners in the world in De Rossi (though I’m hoping he can regain the form he had last year, since he’s still not quite there) and they don’t really have a great defensive midfielder. Kaka, Anderson, Diego, Ronaldinho… all good players but all offensive players. Teams often need a breadwinner to break up the opponents’ play and regain possession for their team (Gattuso at WC06, for example), and the current Brazil squad may be light on that- though, admittedly, I don’t watch them play that often so I’m not sure. Silva is a DM and quite good but not at De Rossi’s level. Unless I’m missing someone, I think this is really where the key to the game lies. If De Rossi/Ambro/whoever else plays for us can disrupt their play and prevent them from going forward, we could keep the pressure off our backline and keep the ball in their half.

So, all in all, I’m more worried about thier defense than thier midfield. Sure, Kaka could have a moment of genius and Diego could provide a killer pass, but the midfield here usually plays less like Barca- Can you tell that I’m in love with Barca at the moment? This is what, the fifth time I’ve mentioned them in this post?- and more like… a team that isn’t on fire. They just really don’t click- one friendly against Portugal aside- and I feel like that’ll be a huge advatage of us. DDR should have a field day intercepting passes and bossing the midfield. That’s not to say that this will be an easy game- it won’t. If Brazil does click, it’s going to be a very tough game because they do have great players. But if we can start playing like a team, we have nothing to fear.

http://italy.worldcupblog.org/group-e/brazil-preview-part-two-midfield.html

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brazil’s Squad

2 DF Maicon
3 DF Thiago Silva
4 DF Luisão
5 MF Anderson
6 DF Kléber
7 MF Kaká
8 MF Gilberto Silva
9 FW Adriano
10 MF Ronaldinho
11 FW Robinho
12 GK Doni
13 DF Daniel Alves
14 DF Lúcio
15 DF Miranda
16 DF Marcelo
17 MF Josué
18 MF Alex
19 MF Mancini
20 MF Diego
21 FW Alexandre Pato
Yeah, because who needs more than one measly GK when you've got eight defenders? That's a lineup Carlo would love. :)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Brazil coach Carlos Dunga has announced his squad for the upcoming friendly and there is no room for Juventus striker Amauri. The surprise call up has been Fiorentina's star Felipe Melo.

Adriano has been given the nod despite his recent antics. Ronaldinho has also been included after being left out for the last game. Kaka and Alexandre Pato also make it as does Julio Cesar and Alexandre Doni. Roma's Julio Baptista has earned the call too.

Here is the full list of players who will be avaliable to Dunga for the game.

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar(Inter), Alexandre Doni(Roma)

Defenders: Lucio(Bayern Munich), Juan(Roma), Luisao(Benfica), Thiago Silva(Milan)

Wingers: Maicon(Inter), Daniel Alves(Barcelona), Adriano(Sevilla), Marcelo(Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva(Panathinaikos), Elano(Manchester City), Anderson(Manchester United), Josue(Wolfsburg), Ronaldinho(Milan), Julio Baptista(Roma), Kaka(Milan), Felipe Melo(Fiorentina)

Strikers: Robinho(Manchester City), Luis Fabiano(Sevilla), Alexandre Pato(Milan), Adriano(Inter).

Dunga also had some words on the elite fixture and he told the Brazilian footbal federation's official website:

"Italy are a respected opponent. The have a great tradition and great quality players.

"They always play decisive football too, whether it's the world cup or a friendly."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/int...king-news-dunga-picks-ronaldinho-snubs-amauri

Amuari deserved the call-up, not Adriano nor Ronaldinho. Hoping to see Pato playing at least 5 minutes.

Milan14Legend

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta
Amuari deserved the call-up, not Adriano nor Ronaldinho. Hoping to see Pato playing at least 5 minutes.

He won't get it. He's like a whore that's waiting for who's going to pay more, he made himself available for both Brazil and Italy. I think both will ignore calling him up, or I hope Lippi calls him up and then drops him forever so that he is ineligible to play for Brazil. The cunt deserves it, no loyalty for his birth country what so ever.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He won't get it. He's like a whore that's waiting for who's going to pay more, he made himself available for both Brazil and Italy. I think both will ignore calling him up, or I hope Lippi calls him up and then drops him forever so that he is ineligible to play for Brazil. The cunt deserves it, no loyalty for his birth country what so ever.

just like camorenesi.... i have no problem w/ amauri playing for azzuri.....

melo is a good call up, brazil r in need of a DM not named gilberto silva....

if i was dunga (After realizing im a moron and cant coach best team in world... )i'd start

---maicon--lucio--silva--adriano---

------anderson--melo--diego------

---------------kaka---------------

---------robinho--pato------------

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

+1

He's a mercenary.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dunga needs to play Alves and Maicon together again. You can't bench one of them.

Julio Cesar

Maicon --- Lucio --- Juan --- Adriano C.

D. Alves --- F. Melo --- Anderson

Kaka

L. Fabiano --- Robinho​

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dunga needs to play Alves and Maicon together again. You can't bench one of them.

Julio Cesar

Maicon --- Lucio --- Juan --- Adriano C.

D. Alves --- F. Melo --- Anderson

Kaka

L. Fabiano --- Robinho​
Absolutely. There isn't a single brazilian that I know who doesn't think like this.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Thiago Silva is called up and this should be a good sign,it means that he's pretty valued in Brazil and is one of the best brasil CB latley.I hope he gets chance to start and prove himself.

My formation;

-------------------Julio Cesar

----Maicon-----Thiago--------Lucio-------Marcelo

-----------------------Silva
-------Alves-----------------------Anderson

------------------------Kaka
---------------Fabiano-----------Pato

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thiago Silva is called up and this should be a good sign,it means that he's pretty valued in Brazil and is one of the best brasil CB latley.I hope he gets chance to start and prove himself.

My formation;

-------------------Julio Cesar

----Maicon-----Thiago--------Lucio-------Marcelo

-----------------------Silva
-------Alves-----------------------Anderson

------------------------Kaka
---------------Fabiano-----------Pato
You can't bench Robinho in current form, and Juan is probably still a few steps ahead of Silva. Marcelo is a defensive liability and Adriano Correia is certainly the better option. Silva is still good, but I'd play Melo for more dynamism.

Julio Cesar
Maicon-Lucio-Juan-Adriano
Melo
Alves-Anderson
Kaka
Robinho
Pato

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
the attacking trident of kaka, robinho and pato is extremely dangerous on a counter attack....

i'd almost be tempted to put diego in a deeper CM option or atleast someone who can transition the ball fast from defense to attack

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
the attacking trident of kaka, robinho and pato is extremely dangerous on a counter attack....

i'd almost be tempted to put diego in a deeper CM option or atleast someone who can transition the ball fast from defense to attack
You're completely right about the first part. With the current form of Kaka' and Pato together, not playing them with each other can be a very dumb move no matter who's the other player in the squad. They've proved that they can really play well together, and so there's no reason for Dunga not to pick them.

Am I the only one that finds it a bit ridiculous from the CBF to appoint a Defensive Midfielder as a coach for the most attacking side in the world?

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're completely right about the first part. With the current form of Kaka' and Pato together, not playing them with each other can be a very dumb move no matter who's the other player in the squad. They've proved that they can really play well together, and so there's no reason for Dunga not to pick them.

Am I the only one that finds it a bit ridiculous from the CBF to appoint a Defensive Midfielder as a coach for the most attacking side in the world?

A defensive midfielder that hadn't ever been a coach before, at that. If he plays Alves and Maicon at the same time I'll stop bitching, but not doing so is the biggest waste of talent.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
You can't bench Robinho in current form, and Juan is probably still a few steps ahead of Silva. Marcelo is a defensive liability and Adriano Correia is certainly the better option. Silva is still good, but I'd play Melo for more dynamism.

Julio Cesar
Maicon-Lucio-Juan-Adriano
Melo
Alves-Anderson
Kaka
Robinho
Pato

I know that Robinho with Juan currently are better than Fabiano and Silva BUT knowin the importance ofthis friendly, i would want to see those players which imo is not that bad for a friendly it is.