Neymar

adieet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
a single hand swing from gooch will blow him......
btw are we close to him ? leo ?

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ganso will be a good replacement for Seedorf spot. Neymar as a long term replacement for Dinho ?

Then there will be some proper samba :D:D

Fantasista

Beginner
Reaction score
I don't know about Rui, I watched too little calcio by the time and I hadn't much knowledge to analyse players.

Anyway I can see the Rivaldo comparing some games, but not everytime. He really doesn't burst foward like the devil every game, only sometimes. usually he stays behind the strikers trying some long range shots.

This game santos played 4-3-1-2 and he did as good as when they go 4-3-3 with André up front and Neymar/Robinho Wide.

I gotta say, if I had to choose one to take do Africa, I would take Ganso.

I also agree with you, Ganso is my favorite but Neymar would fit Milan really well. I realized last game that he was EVERYWHERE, popping up and attacking from all sides. Too bad he dived at every chance, wich reminds me that if he doesn't get some muscle he will be killed in a league like serie A.

Bonus :D

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, Robinho does have a pretty good work rate. He would not be a bad move but his wages are pretty high.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
he is alright...but not that special

I think robinho is much better than Neyamr...Neymar reminds me of the Udinese palyer sanchez.

plus his price is way high

just bring Ganso

Neymar is only 18. If you watch a full match it is hard to say that he is 'not that special'. Robinho is better than Neymar at this very moment, but there is no reason to think he will stop developing. He is a truly incredible talent

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Chelsea contemplate £25 million Neymar move
ESPN Soccernet staff

Chelsea are contemplating a £25 million bid for Brazilian starlet Neymar, a deal that would see the highly-rated striker become the most expensive teenager in world football.

Neymar, 18, has impressed at Santos over the past 12 months, and his performances led to widespread calls for Dunga to call him up to Brazil's World Cup squad. He didn't make the plane to South Africa but that hasn't stopped Chelsea working on an offer to bring one of the world's hottest prospects to England, with the Blues thought to be deep in discussions about a possible move.

Neymar's current contract runs until 2014, but Santos are happy to cash in. The club insist they will not do a deal for anything less than the striker's £28.4 million release clause, but if Chelsea come anywhere close to that figure, the Brazilian side are certain to sell.

"Chelsea want the boy, but wanted him to gain some experience in English football first with another club," a source close to the transfer told Soccernet. "That doesn't look likely, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they buy him outright, and a bid anywhere over £20 million is sure to persuade Santos to sell."

Under rules in Brazil, Neymar was prohibited from registering for a team outside Brazil until his 18th birthday, but with the first transfer window since he turned 18 in February now open, Chelsea are considering a bid.

West Ham had been making all the running to acquire the teenager, but, clearly the Hammers couldn't afford to buy Neymar outright, and the door is now open for Chelsea.

Neymar's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, masterminded the deal that took Robinho from Santos to Real Madrid in 2005, as well as the same player's subsequent £34 million British-record transfer to Manchester City - and now he is behind an astonishing move to bring Neymar to English football.

The boy's father, Neymar da Silva Santos, has appeared happy with the arrangement to let his son settle into a completely new environment, which could still include a learning curve with West Ham before heading on to Stamford Bridge.

A potential stumbling block is that Neymar is 40% owned by a group of investors, and to qualify to play for a club in England, the third party owners would have to be bought out entirely.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/34719.html

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Bad move, he should stay 1-2 years in brazil... oh maybe he can do well there, mostly FB in EPL is shite anyway. Perfect for him.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
He looked pretty damn good vs. the US. I like the kid, but the money is a bit steep. Brazilian clubs are hell bent on making good money for their young talents.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
fuck

BREAKING NEWS: Santos Striker Neymar Agrees To Move To Chelsea - Report

Santos starlet Neymar has agreed to join Premier League champions Chelsea in the coming days, according to latest reports.

One of Brazil's most important newspapers, Folha de Sao Paulo, claims that in a meeting held in New York the decision to allow the Brazilian international striker leave Santos for Chelsea was finalised.

It's been reported that the meeting was held in the presence of the player, his father, agent (Wagner Ribeiro), Santos president Luiz Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck and agent Pini Zahavi. Neymar agreed to sign for the Blues, who will pay Santos €25 million.

Neymar has been the target of Chelsea all summer and at one point it appeared that the move fallen through when Santos officially rejected a €20 million bid from the English giants. However, with Neymar having agreed to put pen to paper, it now appears that an official declaration will be made inside days.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/08/12/2067479/breaking-news-santos-striker-neymar-agrees-to-move-to

Sure way to ruin your career if you're Brazilian, go to England. At least he's got Ancelotti though, he's no where near as naive as the other managers in Britain, so perhaps it can work out for him.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
brasils main gdp resource --> young talents :D

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
At least ance wouldn't bother with pato for some moment :D

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
Any top team should be fighting for this kid right now.

He still has a few more years to be AMAZING but by then only Real or Barca will have the funds to buy him

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We were nowhere near him anyhow.

Neymar in Serie A = Best comedy show in a while.

At least robinho not that annoying now, hope the kids at the very least growth his game maturity like binho does.

Last edited:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
I think he will flop in the EPL. The EPL isn't the place for samba football. He would have been better moving to Italy or Spain, maybe France. Oh well, at least Ganso is still available.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
EPL?? ...he will be okay ,Ance takes care of his players ...maybe he is the "little extra" Chels need in Europe ...interested to see him more often and how good he really is

JordanS

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Donovan, Totti, Ronaldinho
I think he will flop in the EPL. The EPL isn't the place for samba football. He would have been better moving to Italy or Spain, maybe France. Oh well, at least Ganso is still available.

We'll see, theres going to be alot of hype and expectations around him. but i agree that historically Brazilians have not done well in England. Robinho, Jo, Afonso Alves, Anderson (still a bench player), Deco, (Plays for Portugal but i'll count him), Alex (hasn't forced his way as an undisputed starter), Elano (did ok but $hitty shipped him out in a little over a year). So we'll have to wait and see.

PS: those are just MY opinions on those players so please dont bash me :D

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

+1. epl+brazil just doesn't click. not many brazilians succeeded in epl, perhaps denilson or gilberto silva, as for the rest>fail.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
I agree, The English game is also much faster and physical then other leagues, with such a slight frame I can see him getting bullied by huge defenders easily. Chelsea just signed Ramires anyway, That should be enough. I think Ramires has a better chance than Neymar.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Santos Threaten Chelsea With FIFA Action Over Neymar Approach
The Peixe president blasts Chelsea harassment in pursuing the 18-year-old...

By Daniel Edwards
Aug 12, 2010 6:13:00 PM

Santos president Luis Alvaro has reacted angrily to news that Peixe starlet Neymar has already agreed terms with Chelsea, threatening to report the English club to FIFA for the constant tapping up of their star forward.

"The club had sent us a formal transfer proposal, which was rejected immediately. But the harassment continues. Considering the ethics which clubs are supposed to adhere to this is completely intolerable, and Santos will go to FIFA to defend its interests," the director affirmed in a hastily convened press conference, after it was revealed that Neymar and his agent had met with Chelsea officials while making his Brazil debut in New Jersey.

"Yesterday (Wednesday) there was a telephone enquiry. (Chelsea) got in contact with my secretary and asked for our fax number. This doesn't mean that they have opened negotiations. Santos are not interested in selling Neymar for any amount of money," he added.

Chelsea are expected to make a second offer of some €30 million by Monday, but Alvaro is insistent that to bring the player to Stamford Bridge they will have to pay the full buy out clause fee of €35 million.

"The contract between player and club contains a clause, that is a compensation payment in the case that either party wants to break the agreement. If they meet the terms of the clause there is nothing we can do," the president admitted.

Found this, Maybe the deal won't go through? I think if we can get some cash we have a chance of signing him. He looked like he was getting along well with Pato so thats one attraction to playing for Milan. All the other top teams are already full with strikers or haven't shown any interest in him.

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
Found this, Maybe the deal won't go through? I think if we can get some cash we have a chance of signing him. He looked like he was getting along well with Pato so thats one attraction to playing for Milan. All the other top teams are already full with strikers or haven't shown any interest in him.

I don't think we need him right now there are so many other areas that need attention. Like our full back, dynamic midfielder, transfer guru etc..

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need an attacker who's speedy for our team to fucntion properly.

With both Dinho and Pirlo confirmed for next year, it is important we have the right players to complement them. Playing 2 hardworking CMFs ( Flamini, KPB) with enough offensive skills too helps Pirlo to be more effective than last season for sure. Similarly having one more runner will be great for the overall effectiveness of both the maestros in the team.

Neymar would be a good buy for future, but right now he's not the player who can take us to the next level. I'll rather have Robinho now as I expect Neymar to be what Robinho is now in 4-5 years time.(he'll still be 22-23 only). Waiting for Neymar to develop is as good as waiting for our other kids to develop in 3-4 years time. Now to win Robinho >> Neymar. Robinho got a good 4 years left in him too.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We dont need neymar. We have pato. We do however need a ganso. Even though pato does play great as CF hes still mainly a SS. Having him + a tall striker like dzeko with ganso behind is a dream. Having a tower around who can score headers is important especially for a team that sucks ass from free kicks like milan. Pato scored vs arse but thats really one of the very few occasion we scored from a FK.