Kaká Thread

Will Kaka belong to Berlusconi?

• Total voters

Claudia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaka, Rui Costa, Totti
Photobucket provides free image hosting and online photo albums. it's free and very simple to use...try it ;) http://photobucket.com/

The pix from that forum are great. :tongue: ..they've found them on a brazilian magazine...

bye

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
photobucket its very nice , I use it for long time.. but I think they still give free acounts..

Claudia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kaka in armani

jes,,,do they have bad taste -
651_big.jpg

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kaka in armani

Kaká’s divine inspiration?

HUGH MacDONALD December 06 2004

HE has all the highly visible traits of the the modern footballer. His hair is fashionably long, his boots are toned in red and black to match his strip and his lifestyle is one of stylish opulence. But while most modern players merely have hidden shallows, there is more than a hint of substance to Ricardo Izecsen dos Santos Leite.
Kaká, as he is more concisely and universally known, has firmly made his imprint on the footballing world with impressive displays with both AC Milan and Brazil. He has won a scudetto with his club side and a World Cup medal with his country, although his contribution with the latter was a mere 17 minutes in a finals match against Costa Rica.
Now, the 22-year-old is emerging as an intriguing presence off the pitch. Kaká was last week appointed an ambassador for the United Nations world food programme, a role he took on after he was shocked by statistics on the number of children in the developing world who die from hunger.
Unlike many Brazilian players, Kaká did not grow up in poverty and comes from a comfortable, middle-class family. He believes footballers have a duty to help the poor and wants to see more people in the game take on such roles.
"In Brazil we think we can help by using our image, the fact that we are very well known, to help others.
"I think lots of footballers want to do something but many don't know how. I was contacted about the ambassador role and I thought that it was a way I could do something," he said.
Kaká said his desire to help fight hunger had its origins in his experiences as a player.
"It has been tough when I have been with the national team and we have gone to play in some of the poorer areas in Brazil.
"You see people come and watch us train or play a match and then you know some of them are going home with no food on the plate," he said.
Kaká, who derives his name for his younger brother's inability to pronounce Ricardo as a child, is also deeply religious.
His Catholicism has been bolstered by personal experience. In September 2000, Kaká suffered a severe injury in a swimming pool accident. His spine was fractured and it was believed the injury would end his career and perhaps restrict his movement for the rest of the his life.
Instead, he made a recovery he considers miraculous. He now donates 10% of his wages to the church. That amounts to at least £200,000 a year as Kaká is on a guaranteed £2m per annum at AC.
His debt to his God is also repaid in a more public manner. Every Kaká goal is followed by the player raising his hands and eyes to heavens in gratitude. It was a prayer he repeated on Saturday after he and Andrea Pirlo both scored in the last eight minutes to give Milan a 2-1 win at rainy Parma.
But goals have become a common currency for the Brazilian millionaire. His menace from midfield can not be underestimated.
His debut at São Paulo in March 2001 set a template for his career. In the final of the Rio-São Paulo tournament, his team were trailing Botafogo 1-0 when Kaká came on as a substitute. He scored twice in five minutes to win instantly the hearts of the club's support.
He was sold to AC in 2003 for £5.1m. Kaká had scored 58 goals for the Brazilian club in 146 games. Astonishingly, this strike rate has been almost maintained in Italian football. In the championship-winning year, Kaká scored 13 goals in 36 games.
"It has been more difficult than last year," Kaká said at the weekend. "I am known in Italy now, the markers know me and they are tough here. The past two or three months haven't gone so well."
He has come in for some criticism but his maturity has helped him shrug it off.
"That wasn't a problem. I know I am young and I always say I have a lot to learn but I have also learnt quite a lot already. I know things are like that in football. When things go well everyone talks well of you and vice versa. Unfortunately football is like that," he said.
He has concentrated instead on adapting his game.
"In Italy the coaches are very attentive to the details. They really study things and that is a big difference here. They look at your movement, your positioning, they study you and work out how to stop you.
"So this year I have been man-marked all the time and often double-marked," he said.
"I've had to change a few things to deal with the markers but I'm not going to say what."
Increasingly Kaká has moved wide to begin his pacey attacks on defences. This drags his marker, or markers, out of position and leaves space for team mates to exploit.
It will be a strategy that Kaká will employ at Celtic Park tomorrow and Paradise can only hope that the great Brazilian raises his eyes to heaven in frustration rather than celebration.
Izecsen dos Santos Leite.
Kaká, as he is more concisely and universally known, has firmly made his imprint on the footballing world with impressive displays with both AC Milan and Brazil. He has won a scudetto with his club side and a World Cup medal with his country, although his contribution with the latter was a mere 17 minutes in a finals match against Costa Rica.
Now, the 22-year-old is emerging as an intriguing presence off the pitch. Kaká was last week appointed an ambassador for the United Nations world food programme, a role he took on after he was shocked by statistics on the number of children in the developing world who die from hunger.
Unlike many Brazilian players, Kaká did not grow up in poverty and comes from a comfortable, middle-class family. He believes footballers have a duty to help the poor and wants to see more people in the game take on such roles.
"In Brazil we think we can help by using our image, the fact that we are very well known, to help others.
"I think lots of footballers want to do something but many don't know how. I was contacted about the ambassador role and I thought that it was a way I could do something," he said.
Kaká said his desire to help fight hunger had its origins in his experiences as a player.
"It has been tough when I have been with the national team and we have gone to play in some of the poorer areas in Brazil.
"You see people come and watch us train or play a match and then you know some of them are going home with no food on the plate," he said.
Kaká, who derives his name for his younger brother's inability to pronounce Ricardo as a child, is also deeply religious.
His Catholicism has been bolstered by personal experience. In September 2000, Kaká suffered a severe injury in a swimming pool accident. His spine was fractured and it was believed the injury would end his career and perhaps restrict his movement for the rest of the his life.
Instead, he made a recovery he considers miraculous. He now donates 10% of his wages to the church. That amounts to at least £200,000 a year as Kaká is on a guaranteed £2m per annum at AC.
His debt to his God is also repaid in a more public manner. Every Kaká goal is followed by the player raising his hands and eyes to heavens in gratitude. It was a prayer he repeated on Saturday after he and Andrea Pirlo both scored in the last eight minutes to give Milan a 2-1 win at rainy Parma.
But goals have become a common currency for the Brazilian millionaire. His menace from midfield can not be underestimated.
His debut at São Paulo in March 2001 set a template for his career. In the final of the Rio-São Paulo tournament, his team were trailing Botafogo 1-0 when Kaká came on as a substitute. He scored twice in five minutes to win instantly the hearts of the club's support.
He was sold to AC in 2003 for £5.1m. Kaká had scored 58 goals for the Brazilian club in 146 games. Astonishingly, this strike rate has been almost maintained in Italian football. In the championship-winning year, Kaká scored 13 goals in 36 games.
"It has been more difficult than last year," Kaká said at the weekend. "I am known in Italy now, the markers know me and they are tough here. The past two or three months haven't gone so well."
He has come in for some criticism but his maturity has helped him shrug it off.
"That wasn't a problem. I know I am young and I always say I have a lot to learn but I have also learnt quite a lot already. I know things are like that in football. When things go well everyone talks well of you and vice versa. Unfortunately football is like that," he said.
He has concentrated instead on adapting his game.
"In Italy the coaches are very attentive to the details. They really study things and that is a big difference here. They look at your movement, your positioning, they study you and work out how to stop you.
"So this year I have been man-marked all the time and often double-marked," he said.
"I've had to change a few things to deal with the markers but I'm not going to say what."
Increasingly Kaká has moved wide to begin his pacey attacks on defences. This drags his marker, or markers, out of position and leaves space for team mates to exploit.
It will be a strategy that Kaká will employ at Celtic Park tomorrow and Paradise can only hope that the great Brazilian raises his eyes to heaven in frustration rather than celebration.

Last edited:

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kaka in armani

INTERVIEW-Kaka learns to cope with life as a marked man

By Simon Evans
MILAN, Dec 1 (Reuters) - He is only 22 years old but with a World Cup winners' medal and an Italian league title already to his name Brazilian Kaka could be forgiven for thinking he had nothing more to prove.
After struggling early this season, the AC Milan midfielder has had to show that he is capable of dealing with the close attention of man-markers and the impatience of the media and public opinion.
Kaka is not only the key creative force for the Italian champions, he is the face of the new Brazil, who already look strong favourites for the 2006 World Cup. It is a lot of responsibility for a player who has been in European football for only 15 months.
Young Latin Americans often find it hard to initially settle in European soccer but Kaka made an instant impact last season with his 10 goals and a series of outstanding displays helping to guide Milan to the title.
It has been a rapid rise from the youth team of Brazilian club Sao Paulo to his current status as one of the brightest talents in the game but this season, for the first time in his career, Kaka has found it hard going.
"It has been more difficult than last year," Kaka told Reuters in an interview, "I am known in Italy now, the markers know me and they are tough here. The past two or three months haven't gone so well."Inevitably his form was scrutinised closely and he came in for some criticism in the Italian media but he says he was unfazed by the novelty of negativity.
"That wasn't a problem. I know I am young and I always say I have a lot to learn but I have also learnt quite a lot already. I know things are like that in football. When things go well everyone talks well of you and vice versa. Unfortunately football is like that," he said.MARKED MAN-But while indifferent to public criticism, he says he knew he had to adapt to the challenge of being a marked man and believes that, rather than suffering from a slump in form, he has been restricted thanks to alert opposition coaches."In Italy the coaches are very attentive to the details. They really study things and that is a big difference here. They look at your movement, your positioning, they study you and work out how to stop you."So this year I have been man-marked all the time and often double-marked," he said.Recently he has looked back to his best and in last week's 4-0 Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk he scored twice and created another goal, showing once more the light-footed skills, imagination and fluent movement that contrast with the power play that dominates so many games."Yes things have got better for me and the team in the past couple of weeks. I've had to change a few things to deal with the markers but I'm not going to say what," he said with a grin.Increasingly Kaka has been given licence to move out to the flanks and begin his pacey attacks on defences from wide positions -- at the same time dragging his marker, or markers, out of position and leaving space for team mates such as Rui Costa and Clarence Seedorf to exploit.What has not changed is Kaka's approach to the game and to life in general.At first glance he appears the model of the modern footballer -- always in a smart suit, with a telegenic smile and a lucrative sponsorship deal with a sportswear company.POSITIVE DIFFERENCE-But, refreshingly, in an era when many feel that money has stolen the soul of the game, Kaka is a footballer who believes responsibilities come with his status and that he can use his position to make a positive difference for those who do not enjoy his wealth.This week he was appointed an 'ambassador' for the United Nations World Food Programme, a role he took on after he was shocked by statistics on the number of children in the developing world who die from hunger.Unlike many Brazilian players Kaka did not grow up in poverty and comes from a comfortable, middle-class family but, like many of his compatriots, he believes footballers have a duty to help the poor and wants to see more people in the game take on such roles."In Brazil we think we can help by using our image, the fact that we are very well known, to help others."I think lots of footballers want to do something but many don't know how. I was contacted about the ambassador role and I thought that it was a way I could do something," he said.Kaka said his desire to help fight hunger had its origins in his experiences as a player."It has been tough when I have been with the national team and we have gone to play in some of the poorer areas in Brazil."You see people come and watch us train or play a match and then you know some of them are going home with no food on the plate," he said.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
IRRESISTIBLE KAKA 12/12/2004 5:00:00 PM
There was a chance for everyone to fire the ball into the Fiorentina net, Hernan Crespo, Andriy Shevchenko, Clarence Seedorf, but not for Riccardino Kaka. It does not matter really because the Brazilian was the midfield maestro. In such a goal flood, with superb moves and fine combinations, Ricky orchestrated the play, stepped up the pace and deserves all the applause for his rare and wonderful elegance. With just a week to go to the big clash with Juventus, Milan can afford to bask in the warm glow of their starlet. Three decisive crosses, excellent passes to pick out the ruthless Rossoneri forwards. The Brazilian, who was targeted by critics in the last few week for being the shadow of the player he was last season, has silenced everyone. Not with a goal, neither pointing at his ears in search of approval. Ricky has a refined class. He breaks down the left, gets into the middle of the pitch, moves to the right, always moving quickly and skipping past opponents. As for his vision of the game, he is not second to anyone, without even looking if he has to pick up a team-mate, he knows their moves. Always keeping his head high, with a natural leader’s personality. Criticism does not seem to affect him, maybe he stores it away, just to keep in mind for the future, but he never gets down or discouraged and answers all the questions out on the pitch. The countdown to the top challenge with Juventus has started, and Kaka’s smiling face says it all. The Rossoneri are ready for Turin.

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kaka in armani

000041214_adrikaka.jpg

when kaka was at sao paulo, fans said he done too much publicity, he said he was the one picked on behalf of the club to go to all the events it seems to be happening all over again with milan.

Last edited:

Claudia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In that pic he was with Adriano at 'Natale degli sportivi'....They met Milan archbishop Dionigi Tettamanzi .

59687.jpg

59685.jpg

59686.jpg

59675.jpg

59679.jpg

59683.jpg

he done too much publicity

Armani and Adidas...the others are benefit events...
However i think it's quite normal...all champions like maldini, vieri, totti,del piero,adriano,sheva,inzaghi do a lot of publicity...he isn't the only one...

bye

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
The only photo shoots I'll be interested in seeing are those of Kaka lifting the Champions League.

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kaka in armani

Meet Brazil's Rooney... without the swearing and the sex scandals
By DUNCAN CASTLES, Daily Mail

11:54am 21st February 2005

Milan's Brazilian sensation Kaka

Duncan Castles talks to the young AC Milan and Brazil star who faces Manchester United on Wednesday hoping to put one over England's own boy wonder
Imagine the precocious ability of Rooney combined with the glamour of Beckham. Subtract the foul-mouthed attraction to seedy controversy, add an eloquent intelligence and devout Christian commitment and you have some idea of the phenomenon that is Kaka.

Too good to be true? Listen to what the Brazilians say. "Someone with Kaka's talent and qualities comes along only once every 50 years," said Carlos Alberto Parreira, the AC Milan forward's international coach. "He is the future example for every player in the Brazil team."

Look here too...Skip gossip links to more articles Champions League: Liverpool miss stars for Leverkusen clash
Champions League: Shevchenko suffers broken cheekbone
Champions League: Bayern's Ballack likely to miss Arsenal clash
Gallery: Champions League ones to watch
That from the man in charge of the world's finest side, a 61-year-old not given to hyperbole, who selects Kaka's fellow attackers from Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Robinho and Rivaldo and whom, in earlier stints, has worked with Zico, Socrates, Careca and Romario.
The 6ft 1in forward, who glides rather than runs past opponents, is the man Manchester United must stop at Old Trafford on Wednesday when the Champions League resumes with a bang. And there is an analogy to United's talisman Rooney.

For Wayne's debut hat-trick against Fenerbahce, there is Kaka's first Milan derby. He created the opening goal with a defence-fracturing run and scored the second with his head, settling the game and taking the man-of-the-match award.

Rivaldo and Rui Costa were permanently displaced from playmaking duties.

Dramatic arrival

For that Rooney goal for Everton against Arsenal, there is the 2001 Rio-Sao Paulo Final. Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite, to give him his full name, rarely even started for Sao Paulo's youth team but, as a substitute, struck twice in as many minutes and his team won 2-1.

So, Rooney and Kaka level in the dramatic arrivals stakes? Not when you hear the young Brazilian performed his cup magic four months after breaking his neck.

"I was 18 and I was on a water slide," recalled Kaka last week. "I went down head first and hit the bottom of the swimming pool, fracturing the sixth vertebra."

It was such a bizarre accident that nobody realised how serious the damage had been. "I went back to Sao Paulo, trained for two days, but I couldn't stand the pain, so they did more X-rays."

The doctors told Kaka he had been lucky not to be paralysed and that the danger was not over. As he lay in a neck brace, the teenager drew up a list of ambitions for a future he was at risk of losing.

'I live for goals and dreams'

"I live for goals and dreams," he said. "To be in the national team, to play in the World Cup, to win the Champions League. And personal achievements? To get married, to have children."

A little over a year after breaking his neck, Kaka had played for his country, scoring on his first start. In May 2002, coach Luiz Felipe Scolari called him up for Brazil's World Cup squad.

Like Ronaldo at USA 94, Kaka was taken along to watch, learn and be better prepared for the next tournament, although he went one better than his predecessor in playing 20 minutes of Brazil's final group game against Costa Rica.

"To get to the World Cup at 20, to be with the great players, was amazing," said Kaka. "You learn a lot from the players - to create, to keep trying even if you make a mistake, because at some point you will get it right.

"And you lose a bit of fear. You realise that, although the players are extraordinary, they are normal people."

Defenders remained at a loss to deal with such a sinewy, unconventionally direct attacker. His body upright and his strides high, Kaka is comfortable off either foot and teases balls past defenders. It's all done at pace and more or less in a straight line.

Turned down Chelsea

The big-money transfer to Europe was inevitable. In fact, Kaka's progress with Brazil forced Milan to bring forward by a whole season the £5.1million purchase they had planned for the summer of 2004.

Roman Abramovich suggested Kaka join his other club, CSKA Moscow, until the player had enough international caps to qualify for a UK work permit.

"Chelsea had an interest but it wasn't to go directly to Chelsea," explained Kaka. "It was to CSKA and from there to Chelsea. I would have gone without a problem. England, Spain and Italy are the most followed leagues in Brazil. But after negotiations with Milan became more concrete, the idea was to go to Italy."

There he has settled and matured into not only one of the nation's most admired footballers - Italy's professionals elected him their player of 2004 - but also an off-field star.

Posters adorn Milan of a handsome, bare-chested young man in Armani jeans. The designer describes his model (recently made a UN 'ambassador against hunger') as "my ideal champion, not just for his physical qualities, but his moral elegance, too".

Kaka is also at the forefront of adidas's marketing campaign in Brazil, but that is where the comparison with England's own footballing clothes-horse ends.

Kaka: 'I'm in favour of sex with love'

It is hard to imagine David Beckham turning up for an interview alone and wearing a silver bracelet inscribed with the word Jesus. He certainly would not go on to discuss his views on celibacy.

Twice voted his country's sexiest footballer and eagerly pursued by young female admirers - the Kakazetes - the implications of the Brazilian's faith make for good reading in the gossip columns.

"Everybody keeps talking about whether I have or have not had sex," he said. "This is something I don't talk about. If I say yes, then it's an attitude, and if I say no, everybody takes it differently.

"I'm in favour of sex with love, I defend this. Today, sex has become such a banal thing that people have sex without even knowing each other's names - this I am against. I defend sex with love. It's biblical: go forth and multiply. God isn't against sex."

On Wednesday, Kaka will walk out on the pitch where Beckham made his name and Rooney now calls home. The tie will represent the first time he has faced English opposition.

Fan of English football

"I am a fan of English football, there are great players," he said.

"For us at Milan, it is easy to watch on Saturdays when we are together. It really is a fantastic championship, it pleases me a lot.

"Manchester United is a game you anticipate, you want it to come. It's the European Cup, it's something else. It's the game you dream of when you're little."

And a chance to weigh two of world football's immense talents against each other.

"Besides being young, Rooney is a player who has demonstrated a very different ability to the English tradition," said Kaka. "He's a player I follow. He has a great future.

"I played in Sao Paulo at 18 and arrived in Milan at 21. Rooney had a similar story. He came to United with a fantastic contract and a huge transfer value, but it wasn't an accident - he is a great player."

Rooney, of course, has also been likened to the greatest Brazilian of them all. "It's very difficult to compare, because Pele is beyond normality," said Kaka.

"You have to be patient. It is at the end of the career that you can compare with many other players, make a balance of what you really did and who you really were.

"When I arrived in Italy, they started comparing me with Michel Platini and Gianni Rivera. At the end, we will see. Platini was European Footballer of the Year three times. With God's help, if I can get close to him, it would be nice."

Schedule