Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zaza and Pelle haven't scored for sometime.

Gabbiadini probably deserves the call up but I think he is a bit limited for a forward.

Ranocchia :lol::fp:

Not sure Soriano or Valdifiori or Bertolacci will have an impact ( maybe Bertolacci)

Vazquez will probably be a starter soon.

Last edited:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Why the fuck have I not noticed Ranocchia being on the call up list before now? :fp: I probably blocked out his name in shock.

Also I assume Candreva is still injured?

Last edited:

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck have I not noticed Ranocchia being on the call up list before now? :fp: I probably blocked out his name in shock.

Also I assume Candreva is still injured?

He played 90 mins and scored yesterday.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Never mind I didn't catch Candreva in the list.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
conte pls come to milan and bring barzagli with you

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
"Vazquez has an Italian mother".

And Vazquez is practically nothing like an Italian surname my man :D

And what Allan said.

I was referring to pochettino, camorenesi, mauro icardi etc.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Where the fuck is Paletta WTF WTF :lol: Contes head up his ass :lol:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was referring to pochettino, camorenesi, mauro icardi etc.

I'm sure they are. I know for sure that Camoranesi's great-grandfather was from Italy. Swagger if you ever meet Argentinians they look exactly like Italians but their culture and cuisine is different. The same can be said for people from Uruguay. They both talk Spanish with an accent. It just differs a bit because they want to "distinguish" themselves from each other but they are essentially from the same descendants.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Leaving Mario out :head:

Conte so limp.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Balotelli is argentinian btw.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Zaza-Immobile against Bulgaria?
By Football Italia staff

Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza look set to start up front for Italy in Saturday?s trip to Bulgaria.

The Azzurri travel to Sofia for a Euro 2016 qualifier, before facing England at Juventus Stadium the following Tuesday.

In today?s training session at Coverciano, CT Antonio Conte worked with his customary 3-5-2 system, with Borussia Dortmund striker Immobile partnering Sassuolo?s Zaza up-front.

The heart of Conte?s Juventus defence was also employed today, with Andrea Barzagli joining Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini in the back three.

Matteo Darmian and Manuel Pasqual look set to occupy with wing-back positions, with Antonio Candreva, Claudio Marchisio and Marco Verratti in the centre of midfield.

Some students from Palermo also showed up to the training session at Coverciano to show their support to oriundo and Rosanero star Franco Vazquez.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli gifted them an equaliser.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
u forgot one thing though, croatia actually have a winning head to head record vs italy. italy always struggle against balkan teams. its a fact. croatia and czeck republic always trouble them. i dont ever recall italy beating croatia for a while now.

Its not really like its close... we played I think 7 times and Italy never won :lol: :p

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Where the fuck is Paletta WTF WTF :lol: Contes head up his ass :lol:

Conte needs some Milan goal-mistake-per-game defenders, so people dont say Italy plays boring football.

Italy was always my 2nd team to support after croatia obviousely, but today there is simply not enough quality. Compared to Lippi's Azzuri this team is simply mediocre.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Italia: Sirigu; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Candreva, Verratti, Bertolacci, Antonelli; Zaza, Immobile

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So far a good start. Bertolacci is definitely a must buy this summer - the complete midfielder.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fucking hell, Bonucci pulled a Mexes :fp: Stepped out of the defence and leaving a massive space.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
that was an impressive miss by Immobile... I think it was tougher to not score that

horrible defense on the second goal

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We've pretty much dominated but this Ladri defence has been suicidal.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Immobile hasnt been impressive at all... hopefully he is subbed soon

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Half time and it's obvious that this defence is shit. Also, Darmian and/or Antonelli have to come off because both have been useless.

Immobile doesn't even look match fit. Vasquez in ASAP.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We've pretty much dominated but this Ladri defence has been suicidal.

Dominated? Italy created lots of chances but Immobile is being Immobile at his worst.

Defense suicidal? Who was the little kid that keep chasing Bulgarian players through the middle from behind even though he holds that role? The only suicidal thing on defense for Italy was Barzagli who did not deserve to start at all. Italy's midfield are being raped specially the 3 on the middle (Bertolacci-Verrati-Candreva)

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Half time and it's obvious that this defence is shit. Also, Darmian and/or Antonelli have to come off because both have been useless.

Immobile doesn't even look match fit. Vasquez in ASAP.

There are at least 5 or 6 players that should come out Verrati being one of them. I think that Verrati misses Matuidi a lot.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dominated? Italy created lots of chances but Immobile is being Immobile at his worst.

Defense suicidal? Who was the little kid that keep chasing Bulgarian players through the middle from behind even though he holds that role? The only suicidal thing on defense for Italy was Barzagli who did not deserve to start at all. Italy's midfield are being raped specially the 3 on the middle (Bertolacci-Verrati-Candreva)
Bonucci was obviously at fault for the first and the combination of the 3 defenders were at fault for the second, Chiellini marginally more so.

The midfield 3 is doing fine, but Candreva should be out in the wing and neither Bertolacci or Candreva offer enough defensively.

There are at least 5 or 6 players that should come out Verrati being one of them. I think that Verrati misses Matuidi a lot.

Darmian should be brought off for a midfielder prepared to play that b2b role to support Verratti (probably Parolo is our best option) and Candreva should be moved out to the right. Verratti has managed to create some chances so why the hell should he be off instead of someone doing nothing?

Schedule