Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
220px-UEFA_Euro_2020_Logo.svg.png

15437538477443.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Nice smooth (cutrone) group for us

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm planning a Baku trip for this next year.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Friend of mine stayed in Baku for a year on an assignment. Absolutely loves the place. Yes, very under-rated I think.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Hazard bros are doing very well together, beautiful to watch

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Poland won 1-0 vs Austria, guess who scored? Yeah, easy guess

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Got tickets for Dublin and Baku!

We only got half of what we applied for in Baku, so might skip it and just do Dublin.

Anyone else lucky today?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Got tickets for Dublin and Baku!

We only got half of what we applied for in Baku, so might skip it and just do Dublin.

Anyone else lucky today?

Congrats man!! Good to hear.

I got tickets for the June 12 game in Rome (the tournament opener)!!!

So, dilemma...perhaps you can help me out. Italy is guaranteed to play 2 of the 3 games at home. An educated guess would be that Italy will play the tournament opener at home (and that they will qualify :D) . Would you buy the tickets based on those assumptions?

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UEFA Euro 2020: Qualifiers

Excellent, well done! I had thought about this before applying - how sure are we that Italy will play in the group which will play in Rome? They haven’t said that anywhere - or I haven’t seen it yet. The way this tournament is structured, group allocation could be completely random.So I had just gonefor 2 of the 4 cities I haven’t been to among the venues..

In any case, I wouldn’t give up the Rome tickets. Worst case you’ll have another nice break in il bel paese. Best case tournament opener with Italy. Go for it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok hang on I think I’m wrong. Host teams do get host city pairings. That’s perfect for you then.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok hang on I think I’m wrong. Host teams do get host city pairings. That’s perfect for you then.

Yes, Italy is guaranteed to play 2 of the 3 at home. So, I have 2 in 3 chance of picking the right game. I am guessing tournament opener will feature Italy. It would really suck if I picked the one wrong game, but like you say we would still get a break out of it. The other option is to not buy the tickets now, and wait for December. But then tickets will be hard to come by.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In December, it's going to be only 'follow your team' tickets, correct?

Don't give these up man, unless you absolutely can't make it.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
In December, it's going to be only 'follow your team' tickets, correct?

Don't give these up man, unless you absolutely can't make it.

I can make it. I just don't fancy seeing two of the other three teams in the group battling it out on a hot Roman night. My express desire is to see Italy play.

But you're right. I shouldn't give them up and enjoy the show regardless. Yes, December is buy through your federation option. Tickets will be scarce and likely expensive.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can make it. I just don't fancy seeing two of the other three teams in the group battling it out on a hot Roman night. My express desire is to see Italy play.

But you're right. I shouldn't give them up and enjoy the show regardless. Yes, December is buy through your federation option. Tickets will be scarce and likely expensive.

I've booked my Dublin hotel.. but I'm still hoping for Baku to work out. I got 1 ticket apiece for 2 Baku group matches - which is pretty useless. Wife didn't get any (she had applied for 4 each for the same matches). But she got an email that unsuccessful applicants would get a chance very soon when current successful guys don't pay for allocated tickets before the 18th.

So there's an outside chance we could still do Baku. (Which is also the other venue in Italy's group). Fingers crossed.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I've booked my Dublin hotel.. but I'm still hoping for Baku to work out. I got 1 ticket apiece for 2 Baku group matches - which is pretty useless. Wife didn't get any (she had applied for 4 each for the same matches). But she got an email that unsuccessful applicants would get a chance very soon when current successful guys don't pay for allocated tickets before the 18th.

So there's an outside chance we could still do Baku. (Which is also the other venue in Italy's group). Fingers crossed.

Awesome!

I just checked the schedule: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/matches/#/dw/1185

Opener is in Rome, then next group A game in Baku the next day. Again, I am taking a guess but provided Italy qualify it would make sense for them to start at the Olimpico. If they don't, they won't play in Italy until the 17th of June.

What dates did you get tickets for in Baku? Well, one thing's for sure, provided your wife gets tickets, one of us will definitely get to watch Italy. :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Awesome!

I just checked the schedule: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/matches/#/dw/1185

Opener is in Rome, then next group A game in Baku the next day. Again, I am taking a guess but provided Italy qualify it would make sense for them to start at the Olimpico. If they don't, they won't play in Italy until the 17th of June.

What dates did you get tickets for in Baku? Well, one thing's for sure, provided your wife gets tickets, one of us will definitely get to watch Italy. :lol:

:lol: that's true. My Baku ticket dates are for the 17th and 21st.

<1% chance we might both watch Italy as well. If Italy starts in Rome, then they'll stay on in Rome for the next matchday. So last matchday (21st) for Italy will be Baku.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, so did a bit more digging because you know...

The only way there is a chance Italy play in Baku is if both Italy and Azerbaijan qualify. In that case there would be a draw to determine whether the direct encounter will be played in Baku or Rome. If Azerbaijan don't qualify, Italy should play all three of their games at home, which makes sense. So, when they say a host is guaranteed 2 home games, they don't mean that it's 2 out of 3. Just that they can't say 3 out of 3 until qualifiers are over.

* Looks at Azerbaijan's position in qualifying group *

So, now, if Azerbaijan suddenly don't turn into Brazil 1970, I should be good to go.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ah ok. So I’m not gonna stress too much about those Baku tickets either. I’ll just go chill in Dublin.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ok. So I’m not gonna stress too much about those Baku tickets either. I’ll just go chill in Dublin.

Yes, do the Bloom walk. :)

Just make sure the tickets don't work on an all or nothing basis. I am reading that you have to buy all the allotted ones or you get none of them?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, do the Bloom walk. :)

Just make sure the tickets don't work on an all or nothing basis. I am reading that you have to buy all the allotted ones or you get none of them?

Yes I’ll have to buy the Baku tickets as well. 70 euros extra. I’ll try to sell them during the official sales window in March/April.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The Great Footballing Nation of Estonia just gifted a victory to dictatorship suffering Belrusians. Act of kindness we havent seen in football fields for years. So proud of my boiz :proud:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The Great Footballing Nation of Estonia just gifted a victory to dictatorship suffering Belrusians. Act of kindness we havent seen in football fields for years. So proud of my boiz :proud:

By that logic, nobody is more generous than Trinidad and Tobago at this point :proud: