Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, never had any hopes for him to begin with.

Wouldn't even call him an advanced gatekeeper. :D

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, never had any hopes for him to begin with.

Wouldn't even call him an advanced gatekeeper. :D

He lost the "advanced" title when he got caught by a washed up Tito...and also one of his only submission victories.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
rumble :b:

he should seriously fight at heavy weight if jones doesn't move there full time, IMO he has a better chance of beating werdum and cain than jones and DC.
-------------------------

benson henderson joins bellator, huge signing for them.

I expect more quality UFC fighters to join them in the future.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
rumble :b:

he should seriously fight at heavy weight if jones doesn't move there full time, IMO he has a better chance of beating werdum and cain than jones and DC.
-------------------------

benson henderson joins bellator, huge signing for them.

I expect more quality UFC fighters to join them in the future.

Unless they stop this Reebok nonsense. This deal seriously hasn't improved the situation of any of the parties, with the exception of UFC making some money but come out looking like crap.

Nobody actually buys those fugly fighter kits, the constant mistakes shows REEBOK can careless about MMA and just want to ride the wave hoping to have their product be #1 at something, and fighters are getting paid like crap.

I think its good for the sport that UFC loosen up the leash a little bit. Their product (gear and fights they put on) have gotten stale IMO. Not that I think Bellator is better, but at least it gives fighters another chance at livelihood.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
l4KhLtx84awlpM4es.gif

giphy.gif

Beautiful:proud:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel like Hendrix has been resting on his laurels since his split decision with GSP.

Maybe he needs to lay off the dip

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CM Punk injured, back injury apparently out 4-6 months but says he wants to fight before 2016 is over.

My gut feeling is, he does not want to fight Mickey Gall rather someone who's probably his age and his experience level with a record around 0-0 or 1-0. Gall is inexperienced as well but he is an young up-and-coming fighter who has been training most of his young career whereas CM Punk is pretty much a noob.

Side Note:
Dana White's vlog "Looking for a fight" is actually pretty entertaining. He takes Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" across country to find undiscovered talents and enjoy the local scenes along the way. He fights Sage Northcutt in the Pilot and Mickey Gall in one of the episodes.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bellator was absolutely atrocious, I wouldn't be surprised if both of those "fights" were works.

Kimbo vs Dada 5k should have never happened, it was reported that Dada almost died and had heart problems and kidney failure right after the fight. I think Bellator AND the Texas Commission (My state but known to have one of the WORST commissions around) should be examined after this fight.

Royce vs Shamrock was just as bad, and the "nut shot" controversy IMO was only for them to leave the door open for a potential rematch.

Everyone was all ragging on Bjorn Rebney when he was in charge of Bellator and said Coker was "good for the sport" when he came back and even believed that they might finally compete with the UFC. Never been a Coker fan during his time with StrikeForce and I actually have no problems with cross-discipline/promotion or freak show fights, but this was so obviously bad that it set MMA back at least to the dark ages.

On the other hand, UFC had a rather uneventful but much better (in terms of actual fighting) card last night that went by largely unnoticed.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RDA injured. Rumor is Nate Diaz is getting the fight with Connor McGregor.

Edit: comflicting reports, some say Diaz some say Cerrone fresh off his victory against the other "Cowboy"

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can't wait for this.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
That was an awesome fight, wonder where Conor goes from here

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Welterweight is too much for Conor, he is featherweight/lightweight fighter.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just bought tickets to UFC 197 :thumbsup: be my first event, my seats are near the back but I hope it's not too bad. Looking forward to watching Jon Jones.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Back to FW division. Very doubtful Dana will let his ca$h cow take another hit.

Apparently not, they are making the rematch at ufc 200.

I just bought tickets to UFC 197 :thumbsup: be my first event, my seats are near the back but I hope it's not too bad. Looking forward to watching Jon Jones.

Congrats mate, have fun!

Did you guys see the Magny - Lombard fight? The ref was like:

bQyFxMI.png

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently not, they are making the rematch at ufc 200.

:fp::rolleyes::head:

UFC makes no sense now. McGregor and Rousey pretty much call their own shots and get to pick their fights.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope this fight happens again. they're saying at 155 would be interesting.

McGreggor was shook when he realized that Nate can take a punch

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp::rolleyes::head:

UFC makes no sense now. McGregor and Rousey pretty much call their own shots and get to pick their fights.

that's because they brought the UFC into a new pay scale with the amount of revenue they bring compared to others.

Rousey is such a bitch though, took that loss like the biggest sore loser. just shut the fuck up, take the loss and come back stronger. Don't go crying about it

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congrats mate, have fun!

Thanks.

What's the opinions on Cormier vs Jones? who do you guys think will win?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jones is in Cormier's head plus overall Jones is just a more well rounded fighter with "better" physical attributes. It will be his fight to lose.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that's because they brought the UFC into a new pay scale with the amount of revenue they bring compared to others.

Rousey is such a bitch though, took that loss like the biggest sore loser. just shut the fuck up, take the loss and come back stronger. Don't go crying about it

UFC doesn't want anyone at FW who could potentially challenge Conor which is why they are shelving Frankie.

And regarding Ronda, I don't think she deserves immediate title shot against Miesha. She should have to fight Holly again while Miesha fights either Zingano (rematch) or Nunes. But of course, Ronda will fight Miesha next.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn looks like Daniel Cormier has pulled out :( I'll be getting a refund i guess.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
jones OSP :lol: :fp:

OSP is dangerous, I could see him upsetting Jones if he connects. TBH, I would have rather seen Jones fight Carwin but Carwin hasn't foughtin awhile so who knows.

With that said, I think Jones will win, and I think it should be for the "real" title and not the "interim" title.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
OSP will be submitted in the 2nd round

you want jones to destroy 41 year old carwin? what's the point of that?

0 excitement for ufc 197...ufc 198 will hopefully stay intact, now that's a card. :b:

even the card headlined by khabib and tony >>>>>> ufc 197