Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I'm not in a position to say if that was Donnaruma's fault, but you can't put 5 man on the wall at that distance. I knew it even before Berardi hit the free kick. The GK cannot see the ball and at the end it becomes a guessing game on which side Berardi was gonna hit, guess gone wrong and it almost cost us dearly.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The funny thing is he wanted 4players as the wall, don't know why there were 5
Good debut

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Congrats on the debut, Gigi.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
According to Whoscored, he weighs 0 kg. Should explain why he is so quick, but opens up a host of other questions.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Took a step to his left before going after the ball. He would have got it if not for the misstep.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
According to Whoscored, he weighs 0 kg. Should explain why he is so quick, but opens up a host of other questions.

He's too young to put on weight. Be patient, he'll bulk up with age.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The funny thing is he wanted 4players as the wall, don't know why there were 5
Good debut

Yeah I saw this as well.. he asked for 4 then Montolivo appeared out of nowhere and decided to join in :fp:

Very good debut, hes very confident with his feet and with crosses/high balls :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This guy is 16!!!! Let that sink in. Gabriel's like 7-8 years older than him and he was supposed to be our future GK

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Very good debut for a 16yo but was fortunate Sassuolo lost a man early so only had 2 shots on goal. I think he's OK to play against fodders but would struggle against the big boys.

The goal wasn't his fault and Diego Lopez would've conceded it no doubt.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
is ignazionabate's father coaching him?

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not in a position to say if that was Donnaruma's fault, but you can't put 5 man on the wall at that distance. I knew it even before Berardi hit the free kick. The GK cannot see the ball and at the end it becomes a guessing game on which side Berardi was gonna hit, guess gone wrong and it almost cost us dearly.

Sassualo coach mentioned in the post match that he also added his own men to block the view.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He was clearly at fault for the goal, but that's because he lacks experience and Berardi is a very unpredictable player. 90% of the players try to slot it over the wall instead of going for the GK post, but the mistake Donnarumma made was that he tried to guess to early and Berardi saw his step and shot it the far post.

That is a good thing to learn at 16, and we won anyway so thats that.

He clearly is a insane talent.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Good debut from the kid. I don't think it's mandatory to have him start a lot. I'd be happy to give him the Chievo match then let Lopez take over again.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Another keeper that is terrible on the ball. Its almost as if they have never played outfield in their u 16 teams.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Terrible on the ball?

He was calm and very rarely gave it away. I don't see him being bad on the ball when he's finished developing, I put some of his haste down to nerves.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was clearly at fault for the goal, but that's because he lacks experience and Berardi is a very unpredictable player. 90% of the players try to slot it over the wall instead of going for the GK post, but the mistake Donnarumma made was that he tried to guess to early and Berardi saw his step and shot it the far post.

That is a good thing to learn at 16, and we won anyway so thats that.

He clearly is a insane talent.

I actually think Montolivo and Antonelli share some of the blame. DR asked for 4 players in the wall. Then they showed up and stood next to the wall, which made it 6 and that obscured his vision, he couldn't see the ball. Should have shouted at them to move out of the way, but they didn't have to stand there.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bit harsh blaming it all on him.

He asked for a 4 man wall, got a 6 man one and literally could not see the ball in any way. It's logical to step to the traditional side if you can't see the ball.

Unfortunate, but he does take some of the blame. I do think, however, that barely a keeper around would have saved it put in the same position.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Too quick to judge, but if Diego to leave then we are f*cked up. So no Miha dont put too much weight on this boy just yet.

Give him glimpse of hope but dont burden him too much.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Did anyone mention about stupid foul made by kucka in situation when it was not needed?
But well if we are blaming d.lopez for letting strong shot pass him from close to closer goalpost then its hard to not blame goalkeeper for letting this shot end in goal. Good lesson for kid and its important we didnt lose points by it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Imo, it wasn't a foul. Kucka clearly won the ball.

On the other hand, we shouldn't have got a penalty.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Imo, it wasn't a foul. Kucka clearly won the ball.

On the other hand, we shouldn't have got a penalty.

Well im not sure if goalkeeper didnt touch bacca's right foot -yes it was soft but i was always wonder what football rules says about situation when someone trying to tackle player and that player jump over player tackling him but he is losing body balance and he falls - there where no contact because of jump over but natural human instinct is avoiding foul and injury (short like seconds or long like weeks).

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The gk did touch Bacca and denied him to go after the ball, which the gk failed to secure. Clear penalty and red card, I don?t know why there is any discussion.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought Gigi was very good at distributing the ball... that seemed to be the case in the pre season as well

He also seems very confident and is great off his line especially when it comes to high balls and crosses.
We have a real gem right here, can't believe this guy (or boy actually) is only 16.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
He's 16 fucking years old. The last thing we should do is talk about his mistakes (even if you really cant blame that on him) and instead praise him that he played like an experinced gk. Stupid fucktards talking like this about a 16 year old

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berrardi didn't take him seriously after the goal, he tried to score from 40 yards.

Players will be shooting from all kinds of distances at him. He tries to do so much on the ball.

He shouldn't be starting anyway.