Week 06: Sampdoria vs Milan - Sunday 24/09/2017 12:30 CET

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What pisses me off is we don't start games with hunger and anger to put these smaller serie A teams to bed, it's completely unacceptable

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
What pisses me off is we don't start games with hunger and anger to put these smaller serie A teams to bed, it's completely unacceptable

#RealTalk

We can talk tactics and formations all day but unless we have this, it's all for nothing.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Haven't seen such a bad game in a long time. We were dreadful both in the middle and in the back. So disappointed with Biglia, Kessie and Jack :fp:

I feel bad for Zapata for being the scapegoat for 2 goals we conceded. Bonucci should be responsible for the 1st one as he missed the cross and left D.Zapata unmarked after that. The 2nd goal was on Borini and Bonucci entirely.

I don't understand why borini didn't slide to block the shoot for 2nd goal

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Milan needs a "pure" dribbler in the attack to open space .

Also we kill to much chances with negative/back passing.

But overall the team is talented, may be a bit to young not enough killer instinct.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I don't understand why borini didn't slide to block the shoot for 2nd goal

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

You meant Bonucci? He's always ball watching

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The pressure is on Montella right now. I like the comments managment made after this game. I am not #MontellaOut but he needs to do well against Roma and Inter. We can not get embarrased by those two teams. Milan for some reason does not know how to react well to a team that plays above a Serie B level. Hakan has to be playing, Kessie needs to be rested time to time, and Zapata should not play. Also where are Silva and Cutrone? Cutrone was dropped when he was in form and Silva should get a good run of games right now.

It's still early in the season though so I am keeping faith, but Montella has made some questionable decisions.

Zapata improves the 1 vs 1 quality of the defense and adds different characteristics compared to the other first choice defenders. Of course Mussacchio is the better player but Montella has to look at the defense as a whole too, so the decision is not wrong in my opinion. Zapata did fight a lot of physical battles, especially against Duvan, so It´s far from a given that Mussacchio would have changed things for the better.

Suso has to be integrated somehow, we all know what he can do so I can´t really blame him for that.

I doubt that any of these decisions would have changed anything today, teams that put pressure on us and can play on high tempo expose our lack of automatisms and chemistry.
With the huge number of transfers in summer this is to be expected and Montella should be untouchable until winter as long as there is no streak of bad results.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
There is a certain air of aimlessness in our play which while may be the essence of patient football, somehow becomes pointless when your keeper is struggling to pass the ball with his back three due to pressure...

We need to start controlling possession in opposing teams' halves, otherwise, drop/press and defend as a compact unit... That's always been our way...

Listen, I don't know anything about football, but the only players I saw try to put balls in the box while the game was still level were abate, Rodriguez, then suso and Kessie...

At some stage you must begin to wonder how predictable we are when our main supplies in attack are from our fullbacks... Cross after cross after cross... No interplay down the middle... I thought that was why kalinic was bought... And why he started ahead of Silva who I believe should be higher up the pecking order than borini...

No offense to him but he was worse than abate in that role... That was a bad sub.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Can't believe Montella waited until the 75min to make a sub. Half time or at worst 50mins, when the second half continued in the same vane as the first. Sampdoria made us look like the mid table team. We were very poor today.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We're always moving the ball to the flanks, no play through center. Very slow and predictable... #montellatactics

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
This is what I'd afraid of. We played games every 3 days. Clearly from the beginning that we didn't played with power and passion. Completely due the fatigue influenced everything..

But chill guys .. it is only first season ... we just built new team. Takes team to become super power that unbeatable even if we play every 3 days. Cheers :beer:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
This is what I'd afraid of. We played games every 3 days. Clearly from the beginning that we didn't played with power and passion. Completely due the fatigue influenced everything..

You're wrong.

Kessie, Dolla and Suso only ones who've played 10 games or more.
Suso started 7, off the bench for 3
Bonucci captain
Cutrone 6 starts and 3 off the bench
Hakan and Jack are next on the list who need games to find fitness after being suspended and injured for the 4-5 months. Hakan 5 starts and 4 subs. Jack 4 starts and 4 subs
RR played and started 8

Only Dolla, Bonucci, RR69 and Kessie are the only ones who haven't come on as a sub. The only player who should of have fatigue is Kessie, everyone else hasn't played enough.

Now if you want to talk about an unstable starting XI that's a totally different point then blaming fatigue, because Sampdoria played midweek like we did.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Patience you say!! If we played a good game and lost even by 3 goals margin I would be with you.

We were nothing in the game.. we played like crotone for fuck sake! If we played more games it would be a positive thing and a negative.

Be we have a mastermind who thinks we should rotate until no player knows how the other play!

Fuck Montella

I wont ask you to use the whole of ur brain before talking but just a tiny bit of it ..

:fp:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
awful performance and we deservedly lost this game.
I think montella was wrong to start Zapata ahead of musacchio in this one.
and another mistake that he was too late to make subs when the team clearly struggled.
when I saw locatelli warming up in first half I thought that he would probably replace kessie at halftime. but he didn't.
it is another proof that when kessie has a poor game the whole team struggles.
yesterday's performance wasn't awful because of our attack. it was awful because we couldn't even build up play from the back and we gifted the ball to the opponents before crossing the other half of pitch.
kessie should be replaced early in second half. I think he is a very good player but yesterday he clearly was awful and every time he got the ball at our own half he created threats against us.
also Zapata showed one more time why he should not be trusted with more than a couple performances in a row.
anyway we need to show character once again, raise our head and win back.
we have the Europa league game which we must win because I want to secure the qualification as soon as possible so that we could focus on the league earlier.
then 2 derbies and there we must prove that this team has what it takes to be top4 contenders.
FORZA MILAN!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zapata improves the 1 vs 1 quality of the defense and adds different characteristics compared to the other first choice defenders. Of course Mussacchio is the better player but Montella has to look at the defense as a whole too, so the decision is not wrong in my opinion. Zapata did fight a lot of physical battles, especially against Duvan, so It´s far from a given that Mussacchio would have changed things for the better.

Suso has to be integrated somehow, we all know what he can do so I can´t really blame him for that.

I doubt that any of these decisions would have changed anything today, teams that put pressure on us and can play on high tempo expose our lack of automatisms and chemistry.
With the huge number of transfers in summer this is to be expected and Montella should be untouchable until winter as long as there is no streak of bad results.

:star::star::star:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
You're wrong.

Kessie, Dolla and Suso only ones who've played 10 games or more.
Suso started 7, off the bench for 3
Bonucci captain
Cutrone 6 starts and 3 off the bench
Hakan and Jack are next on the list who need games to find fitness after being suspended and injured for the 4-5 months. Hakan 5 starts and 4 subs. Jack 4 starts and 4 subs
RR played and started 8

Only Dolla, Bonucci, RR69 and Kessie are the only ones who haven't come on as a sub. The only player who should of have fatigue is Kessie, everyone else hasn't played enough.

Now if you want to talk about an unstable starting XI that's a totally different point then blaming fatigue, because Sampdoria played midweek like we did.

Probably you didn't counted hours in the bus, travelled with plane and training in morning during they visited opponents. They started this season by faced Shkendija at home then 3 days later travelled to Calabria it is about 980 km from Milan to faced Crotone (if I'm not mistaken). And 4 days later they visited Tetovo in Macedonia it is about 1100 km to face Shkendija away. And 3 days later they need to face Cagliari in San Siro. They got a rest in week 2 against Cagliari they got 7 days off and continued to went to Rome against Lazio 7 days later also. And after that they got full schedule .. every 3 or 4 days .. and 1 of the schedule was went to Austria.

Do you think they just some energizer bunny robot which was their power only get count if someone press the ON/OFF button behind their back somewhere deep in that very soft fur ? :tongue: