Raul Albiol 1/1
Allan 1/1

I have another Top 5 from whoscored:

1 Keisuke Honda 4
2 M'Baye Niang 4
3 Faouzi Goulan 3
4 Kalidou Koulibaly 3
5 Ra?l Albiol 2

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1006053/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2015-2016-Napoli-AC-Milan

Whoscored MOTM Abate = 7.9
Napoli average rating = 6.59
Milan average rating = 6.79

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
This feels like a win, lots lots of improvement

A point is a point, keep climbing that ladder

Climbing-the-league-table-006.jpg

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no offense, tbh, imo serie A is so boring to watch.

If you want an exciting league to watch then you probably need to watch EPL. Most exciting league on the world but no tactics.
The other one would be La Liga if you can stomach watch players from every team drop on the floor from just being bumped and grabbing their faces multiple times every 5 minutes.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honda played great.
Abate was outstanding.
Beautiful work by our right side because of those 2.
Jack played solid and crucial goal.
Defense was solid.
Forwards were bad.
Midfield sucked.

In this game especially later I wish we would have crowded the midfield since that's where we were getting dominated. Should have switched to a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-5-1. Would have liked to see Balo on in an AM role with menez/niang and bacca up top later in 2nd half. People think Balo is a striker, but truth is he is much better with an attacker or 2 ahead of him. It may sound strange but I think he could do fantastic as an AM. His strengths are hold up play, close quarter dribbling, vision, passing, and long shots.... sounds like all the qualities an AM should have... would love to see this implemented against certain opponents.

Stop with the Balo being a AM. He would never work at it. Not because his movement with the ball but his movement without the ball.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
We will not be a serious title contender until we fix our midfield. We need quality - we need to be able to control games and let them be played according to our intent.

When you give the opposition control of the game, you are always putting the result in balance ... counter attacking football works best when it comes as a surprise.

Still we fucked up their chance to go on top. I'm satisfied with that.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
A lot of people were predicting a heavy defeat and Napoli are insanely difficult to beat at their home.(why San Nicola? Are they no longer at the San Paolo?)

Very good result and very good defensive performance.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It has to be said though, napoli are playing some great intense, high pressing football. Reminds me of klopps Dortmund when they were inform

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
All results are in favor of jube now.. I hope we get back the gift we gave them when we meet them home.

PS: No defeat until now, if this isn't an improvment , I have no words.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We will not be a serious title contender until we fix our midfield. We need quality - we need to be able to control games and let them be played according to our intent.

When you give the opposition control of the game, you are always putting the result in balance ... counter attacking football works best when it comes as a surprise.

Still we fucked up their chance to go on top. I'm satisfied with that.

No doubts about that. But for the first time since ages I feel like this has actually been a real year zero where we built a solid base from where we can look forward and see how we can improve where we lack quality. It doesn't feel like the last years when you already knew by february that this team is still a complete mess and we need to restart from scratch with new players and a new coach.

Hope Berlusconi sees it also that way despite the bs he's talking in medias.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Summary:

- It seems Napoli's run for the scudetto is done.

They're one point off gobbi :D (ahead with goal difference and goals scored too atm)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zapata stepping up. If he keeps this up I think we should renew him as a back up.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Gigi's voice sounds way deeper than I thought it would haha :lol:

We showed a lot of grinta... Miha isn't the best coach but he's the first one that has been able to break through mentally with the players since theSenators left... valuable draw.

Last edited:

bakakaka

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baggio , maldini , nesta , kaka , sheva , pirlo , seedorf , balotelli , zlatan , pippo.
Balo played well in the cameo .

bakakaka

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baggio , maldini , nesta , kaka , sheva , pirlo , seedorf , balotelli , zlatan , pippo.
Now please win those winnable matches .

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Napoli are crying so much. I love it

"Banti this, Banti that, Milan was ridiculous and provincial. Milan came to defend."

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
i love all the negative stigma towards defensive play. defense is beautiful, and is something that has been somewhat missing from the modern game. people nowadays only look at one side of the pendulum swing.

bakakaka

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i love how milan defends like a team nowadays .

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
this was a tough game, glad we came away with a tie

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Of course defensive play is important. Its the basis to any good side as everyone is required to defend nowadays.

However, we should be able to control games of this nature for spells and not concede too much possession. Granted Napoli are playing some good football, but we should aim to be able to go to the San Paolo and have at least half of the share of possession.

We need midfielders.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Of course defensive play is important. Its the basis to any good side as everyone is required to defend nowadays.

However, we should be able to control games of this nature for spells and not concede too much possession. Granted Napoli are playing some good football, but we should aim to be able to go to the San Paolo and have at least half of the share of possession.

We need midfielders.

just saying not all tactics require having high possession. It doesnt matter if you don't have the ball if you defend properly and they cant score or create chances. the frustration of not being able to create causes risks and mistakes that lead to counters. having less possession does not = losing the game. it is possible to control the pitch without having the ball.

i agree we need mids. especially ones that are able to dictate tempo.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Part of our lack of ball playing ability is down to scheme though.

We could easily play a double pivot of Bertolacci and montolivo, with Honda or jack ahead and have plenty of possession. Throw in Menez as well and there's a lot of players comfortable on the ball.

Problem would be that our defense isn't good enough to withstand pressure of a lineup like that, and it could easily be exposed. Also miha is a manager that clearly wants a direct team. Bacca and niang are suited to one v one matchups and balls in space. Since the summer, the team has tried to look for the wingers/strikers as early as possible. Often times you can see berto or monto playing an early release down the side without even bothering to turn and slow down the play.

But I agree we do need mids to go to the next level. Miha knows this, he wants a direct team but that doesn't mean be wasteful. There's a difference between sacrificing some of the ball for protection and just not being able to take a high press. But we're fine for this season. Milan is difficult to beat right now, and that alone will win points in the league when you have a dynamic striker force.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Menez at top condition partner up with bacca will be fucking lethal upfront

Schedule