Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
This is a bit like Eurovision Song Contest... :rolleyes:

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mah think that a prize should go to DAVIDS becouse w/o him Barca would be nowhere close to their current position, Ronaldinho or not. He sacked big in the beginning and was unable to change things alone. SO WTF??? Henry and Sheva were better on the club level. Internationally the same thing happing to Sheva, he alone cann't change the whole team, he can spark when surrounded by adequate teammates. So logically prize should be going to Henry, even though I don't like the gay,..umh...sorry - GUY. But he is a brilliant player, with a slight Cantona sindrome.

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva
i heard the guys say that sheva stood less chance of winning as he had already won the golden-ball... but still can't explain the 3rd position AND zidane there :conf:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
If people just don't want to give Sheva awards because he haven't won nor been lucky with NT, then thats pure crap, because in 2004, in NT level, he is the best between the 3 of them.

Ronaldinho: didn't won nothing with Brazil, plus he isn't that extraordinary in WC qualifications, haven't decided a match by himself, and is just one among all the stars. Internationally speaking Adriano deserved it more, since he did played Copa America, and he was an important part for Brazil to win it.
Henry: sucks at France, didn't win nothing, France is having big trouble in WC qualification rounds, and he hasn't made the impact in France that he has done with Arsenal.
Sheva: has never went to a big tournamet in NT, pretty much due to the fact his country is not a big footballers production, eventhough that, his team is first on their group of qualification.

And I do agree with what Passion said at the begging of the thread. Ronaldinho may be pure spectacule, and watching him makes it worth to pay a ticket to the stadium, but football is not all about nice moves. The thing is and I have no doubt about this...Ronaldinho will win it 3 more times at least....Sheva probably this one was his last chance.

Anyway congrats to Ronaldinho.:beer:

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
I'm not surprised to see Ronaldino winning 1st as Sheva has won Golden Ball already. But I have no idea why Henry got more votes than Sheva. He did nothing spectacular and his performance is just average. I'm quite disappointed with Sheva's position.

BTW, Maldini got the most vote (19 votes) with Buffon among all Italian players. Congratulations Captain! :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,kaka,dinho,pele
poor sheva

well the onli problem about sheva that he could not win the world player of the year is his country as u can see they can never win like brazil and france.... so..poor sheva...but in my side he is the best ..no stricker is better then him right now...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cescania said:
But I have no idea why Henry got more votes than Sheva. He did nothing spectacular and his performance is just average.
Scored more than Sheva... maybe ? :rolleyes: He's actually been the most consistent of the 3 for years. Can't hold France's underperformance against him, Sheva + Ronaldinho didn't do shit on international level either.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
Can't hold France's underperformance against him, Sheva + Ronaldinho didn't do shit on international level either.
True, you can't hold France's faltering Intl play to Henry. However, Sheva wasn't dealt the same hands that Ronaldinho & Henry were dealt regarding overall quality of Natl Team strength either. Sheva almost inspired his country to a Euro 2004 birth, which in my mind is much more impressive than Henry's 3 or 4 goals at Euro 2004. I think I may be somewhat biased to Sheva due to the Milan aspect, but more so because Henry plays in Premiership where defensive play is simply anemic, and at times nonexistent.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
I think I may be somewhat biased to Sheva due to the Milan aspect, but more so because Henry plays in Premiership where defensive play is simply anemic, and at times nonexistent.

And I thought this stereotype had outlived itsself..... 4 out of 4 advancing to the knock-out stage against continental competition in the CL is an indicator, to me at least, that their defense must be 'somewhat' solid ;)

Schedule