I'm happy we put up a fight to Lazio twice now, they're a solid team

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tbh, it wasn't that bad.

Not an awful result.

If we'd got 3 0-0s with Lazio before Sunday you'd have all jumped at the chance.

There were parts of the match where we were great.

Good signs. On to the next one, and hopefully a win at the Olimpico.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Lazio heavy favourites now.. think the underdog role might help us away in then 2nd leg

Away goals count in copa Italia.. no?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I didn’t like us today we looked pretty content drawing at home...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Tbh, it wasn't that bad.

Not an awful result.

If we'd got 3 0-0s with Lazio before Sunday you'd have all jumped at the chance.

There were parts of the match where we were great.

Good signs. On to the next one, and hopefully a win at the Olimpico.

Disagree. I think there were parts where we almost made something out of nothing in a match full of disjointed play. Our boy Cutrone has a bit of a habit coming up with something during chaotic play.

Great? That's a bit too much.

But I'll agree with the rest. The draw is half bad. I wouldn't bet surprised if many guys here thought we'd lose to Lazio on Sunday and today.

We looked tired and just didn't connect simple passes. You won't get many chances if you give away possession for free, which we did. We just didn't have what it took today.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
38m could've been spent funding my lazy ass sitting at home for the rest of my life. such a waste.

:thumbsup: could have even split it in half to fund my lazy ass at home too .. wtf mirabelli was so proud too

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

We attacked until about 10 minutes left....we played it smart because it’s probably better not to concede an away goal or should I say more important not to concede than to score at that point in the game

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And guys, what do you expect Silva to do in so little time? He didn't do anything special but let's not act like we started misplacing every second pass when he came in. Our game was static as fuck even before got subbed on.

Unfortunately this is not true. For about 5 minutes before he came in, we were dominating Lazio.

In other news, go compare impact Cutrone made when he came in with Silva's

I'm happy we put up a fight to Lazio twice now, they're a solid team

:thumbsup:Yes, with a few wins in last games everyone seems to forget this. Remember this team is 3rd in the league and 12 points ahead of us

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Bonucci to Rai: "It was a difficult game. They pressed hard especially in the first half. We had the opportunity to get the win but it's useless to cry over that now."

Bonucci: "We are growing, the individuals are growing and consequently the team is growing. We have to keep improving day by day."

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
lazio is also the best attacking team in SA

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Well... it's a clean sheet ...

Romagnoli was fantastic...

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
0-0 is an okay result over two legs

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
So, in 72 hours we played Lazio twice, and we beat them on aggregate and shut them out completely in one of the games. This is the same Lazio that has been mauling teams lately.

Considering that about 2 months ago we were being bullied by all the big teams in Serie A, I am happy with our progress.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Ok so everyone chooses to forget how Immobile destroyed Romagnoli in the first half?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
nah he didnt.. Romagnoli did close his angle.. immobile didnt do shit

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
So, in 72 hours we played Lazio twice, and we beat them on aggregate and shut them out completely in one of the games. This is the same Lazio that has been mauling teams lately.

Considering that about 2 months ago we were being bullied by all the big teams in Serie A, I am happy with our progress.

:thumbsup::star:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

So, we're getting better now.
Finally:star:

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Abate at MN: "We are not disappointed, we would have lost this game in the past"

that mean a lot to me ...

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Bonucci is getting better and better and better

Romagnoli is class

Great positives for a new manager to build on next season

Let me correct you: "Great positives for GATTUSO to build on next season."

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
One thing is for sure...

the quality of the players we have on the pitch is probably the highest we've had in 8-10 years.

I think it's fair to say we have 11 decent quality players on the field when we play our best 11. I wouldn't call any of these players fodder.

Don't know what to say about kalinic though... his finishing is fodder level.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
One thing is for sure...

the quality of the players we have on the pitch is probably the highest we've had in 8-10 years.

I think it's fair to say we have 11 decent quality players on the field when we play our best 11. I wouldn't call any of these players fodder.

For sure, the quality is there, Montella was just unable to put it all together unfortunately. Rino made them play the way they can play - at least for the majority of the time.

Kalinic on the ball too isn't the prettiest sight but he has his moments. Today wasn't too good, but his game before that was so it evens out. Another positive about him is that I don't him pout, bitch, moan and complain every damn minute unlike a certain fisherman.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
One thing is for sure...

tenor.gif

That would be including the years Ibra was here.

Ibra > this whole team.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Yup. Great signs. Let's not also forget that we played Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio and Lazio in a period of 6 games and emerged with the equivalent of 14 points in 6.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
One thing is for sure...

Eh.. no way.

If you've said 4 years, I'd agree. But certainly not superior to any team prior to that.

We have plenty of players with the potential to be at a higher level than some of those teams - but not there yet.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I agree Z > our entire team.

But I'm talking about having 11 competent footballers on the field.

We've almost always had very very weak players - Nocerinos, Antonini/Mesbah/Constant

And the midfielders were usually of very low quality (Muntari etc)....Having CBs who were hot and cold or too old - Mexes, Alex, Rami etc.

I'd like to think the era of fodders is officially over.

Last edited: